Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CL55 vs a Few Surprises

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
CL55 vs a Few Surprises

I like to cruise PCH every Saturday for funzies and to clear my head and every once in a while i find someone willing to open up their rides with me, there are a lot of high end exotics cruising around LA so finding one isn't hard but finding one willing to open up their rides with me on PCH is kind of hit and miss

I have a stock 03' CL55 with resonator delete and AFE filters running in Michelin Pilot Sport AS rubber and so far the only car that i have raced with and lost to was a LP 570-4 Superleggera Gallardo (destroyed me) after 40MPH

Anyway, i have had quite a few kills and a few of them really surprised me and usually the drivers of the other car as well, here is a list of the cars i remember

Nissan GTR (huge surprise)

I pulled up next to this new stock GTR in the turning lane off of San Vicente to Wilshire heading home and i took a quick glance at the driver who seamed like he wasn't paying attention to me but he was slowly nudging up waiting for the light to change, once it changed we both started off slowly then as soon as we straightened out onto wilshire he floored it and so did i, we both broke traction for a second but we both stayed neck & neck until we were half way to the 405 underpass at which point i started gaining (around 110mph) by the time we started to slow down for the red light i was almost a full car length ahead (around (115mph) the driver looked over at me once we stopped, rolled down his window and asked what mods i had so i told him i just had filters and resonator delete, he was impressed and so was i, very unexpected for a car that is supposed to run high 3's

Ferrari F360

Was cruising down Sunset toward PCH (around Homby Hills) and rolled up on this Ferrari F360 (i thought it was a 430 at first), as soon s he saw me he floored it and swooped around this car infront of him, we reached the red light at beverly glen and once it turned green we both took off, he stayed with me until around 45mph at which point i started to gain fast and had around 2 car lengths on him at around 90mph, he completely ignored me once we stopped at the next light when i looked over at him...

Shelby GT500 Mustang

I was cruising home down Wilshire around Rodeo and this mustang pulled up next to me, the driver asked me if i wanted to go for it so i said sure, i thought i was just a mustang GT which i had blown out easily a few times before but this one caught me by surprise by staying pretty close with me until around 60mph, we ran to just under 100mph at which point i was ahead by about one and a half car lengths, at the next light i noticed that the car was a Shelby, the driver wanted to go again so i said sure, this time my intercooler failed, kind of embarrassing...

Astin Martin DB9

I took this out pretty easily, it was some middle aged dude that blew past me while i was cruising down PCH then we met up at the next light, he floored it and at first i wasn't even going to humor him but i decided to floor it and i could see his expression in my rear view, priceless

Older Maserati Coupe

Not sure what year this car was but it looked like late 80's/early 90's, the guy who was older definitely had it tuned out because it had huge quad exhaust pipes and stayed pretty close behind me as we slalomed through traffic down PCH (got up to around 120mph), once we reached the red light he got into the turning lane and gave me a thumbs up as he drove past

BMW M6

This guy was being kind of a douche and cutting me off so i finally just flanged him and wouldn't let him in any more once he changed lanes back next to me, once we reached a red light and he revved at me all pissed off (weak exhaust note), i didn't rev back but as soon as the light changed we both floored it staying neck & neck until around 30mph when i started pulling away, got up to around 65mph then i see him slow down real quick and make a right turn

I have had a few more kills but none really worth mentioning, these were the ones that really stood out for me
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 07 MB GL450
Nice kills. The Nissan GTR should've destroyed you by the way.

As expected you pulled on the 360 Modena Ferrari. They're not that fast to begin with and I remember destroying one in my pop's (yes) E60 M5 bone stock. You should've been more even with the Shelby GT500 for sure. Those aren't exactly slow even for the older ones. The newer ones have a LOT more power (650 hp+)

Annnnd the DB9 and Maserati Coupe aren't even fast at all. Good work killing them. As for the M6, they have a way better exhaust note (reminisence of Formula 1) than the 55Ks. Only took it up the 65 mph. M6 was likely slowing down for that turn. Of course there's always the argument that if you were on the highway and rolled with him up to 130 mph...
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM

03' CL55 AMG
Yeah, i agree on the GTR...

The GT500 looked like a 2011 which i believe has around 510hp 4.1 0-60

As for the M6 - i hate their exhaust note, doesn't have enough growl to it, sounds like a suped up vacuum cleaner and he was definitely trying to pull on me

I love the sound of the 55Ks especially after removing the resonators, sounds like an old WW2 fighter when opened up
Old 02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Dude! That CL is effing gorgeous.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
+1 that's a beautiful CL ! love the diffuser and the wheels.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM

03' CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Thanks, it is actually a 'photochop' of what i am going to do to my car this summer!

I will post pics once i have everything finished on the car
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
I want that picture in original size..Can you post it
Old 02-21-2012, 07:52 PM

03' CL55 AMG
I posted them here

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...thread-12.html