Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

It's official, I am head over heels for my E55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
It's official, I am head over heels for my E55...

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I picked her up, and I just cannot believe this marvel of engineering. I can take a drive downtown with 3 people in total class and luxury, have dinner, and then on the way home blow away a modified Cobra. All with the 3 other people still in the car.

Then the past two nights I was out late taking care of various things, and I run into two DSMs (Eclipses). One last night, one tonight. One heavily modded, and one lightly modded. Both instigate with me, and both get their doors blown off by a 2 ton Mercedes. The 1st Eclipse and I ran a number of times, even though it was pretty clear after the first two runs who was faster. After our last run he finally admits defeat and says "God damn, that car is *** fast!!"

The 2nd eclipse had two guys in it, and after administering a little lesson on them, the passenger asks me what kind of car it is, to which I reply E55, and asks "8 cylinders?" - I reply, "Yup. Supercharged." At that point there were in total awe of the car, we exchanged thumbs up and went on our ways. I know not all of you condone racing on the streets, but I should assure you these roads are about as safe as they are going to get, I've been driving on them everyday for a LONG time and know them very well. Plus the thrill of competition makes men do crazy things

The comfort, luxury, and class blended with enough horsepower and torque to run neck and neck with a Z06 is just beyond words. I have not driven my Supra once since I bought this car, and I haven't even given it a second thought. This car is incredible out of the box with room to spare. Not to mention it looks absolutely STUNNING! I'm sorry, but the W211 E55 is the best looking midsize sedan on the market, bar none. The epitomy of aggression, class, and style.

Truly amazing. I think I have a winner.

-m
Old 08-28-2004, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
I am feeling the same! I have had my '05 for 10 days now and its just so fast, so comfortable and so gorgeous that I cant imagine having a better car! Its the best of both worlds, Speed and Luxury.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
VelocitE55,

I hate to say it, but I see myself wanting to drive my "other car" less and less... you may start feeling the same with your GTR!

-m
Old 08-28-2004, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Nice kills, Marcus. I'm glad you're loving your E55.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Marcus, the GT-R is great, but its a rolling ticket machine, very fast and VERY loud. Its better for weekends and track days. Not only that but the GT-R is not exactly luxurious! So yes, the E55 is getting more and more of my attention.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:20 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Thumbs up

I have had my E55 for a month now and have been overwhelmed by the response of people. I didn't think that most people would know anything about this car except motorheads like myself. Apparently a lot of people read the car mags and appreciate this very special car. I drive a pristine custom Vette convertible and am use to getting the looks but to get this kind of response to rednecks, kids, geezers etc is simply amazing!

One thing that I didn't expect however was to have out of balance front tires. I noticed a very slight shake at 55mph on smooth blacktop. I am an obsessive compulsive perfectionist when it comes to my cars. I took it to my front end guru who checked the balance and found that the right front was out .5 ounce and the left one out .25. This may not sound like much but apparently the suspension in the E55 is extremely sensative to slightly out of balance tires. Has any one else noticed this?

Other than this nit picking problem the car is flawless. An incredible meachine. I smoked a Vette the other day and he never had a clue that he was about to get dusted by a luxury car. :p
Old 08-28-2004, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
The E55 is an incredible beast!

Is your Supra a manual? I mean, with better handling and a manual, I would not get tired of driving it.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
O.K. Oggle, let me be the first to say it, GET RID OF THAT FAAAAARGING PICTURE OF MY SEEESTER!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
E55

now I want to see Velociti's Skyline vs Marcus' Supra