Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C32SC AMG
Lexani, I must say I love your SL600! This car is absolutely fabulous! Is it worth to sell my M5, C32AMG, S430 and buy a brand new SL600? How much did you pay for everything wheels including?
Maybe I should think about it really seriosly.....
Old 12-28-2004, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by MersAMG
Lexani, I must say I love your SL600! This car is absolutely fabulous! Is it worth to sell my M5, C32AMG, S430 and buy a brand new SL600? How much did you pay for everything wheels including?
Maybe I should think about it really seriosly.....
Thank you! Ok, first it should be noted that the rims, cannot be bought from the delearship, and I have a 2004 model.

Ok, the SL600 was (is?) 130,000, something around those lines, and after all the taxes and such, went through I ended up at a whopping $140,000. I pay monthly, 2700, and I put down 25K.

As for my rims, Lexani VP, they are naturally about 6500, however, my friend owns H&W Motorsports in Huntington Beach, Cali and he gave me a 4500 deal. I put my other rims, in my warehouse, and called it a day!

So, to answer your question, let me tell you, once you drive a SL, you can never go back to any other class of vehicle, its superb. Thats why I have a SL500, as well. It serves more as my daily driver, with my E55 as a, cruiser, and my SL600 for special reasons, invitational parties, and so on. If, you are really serious, put your vehicles up in Autotrader, and put a LARGE amount down as a down payment, as the more you put, the lower your monthly payment will be. Unless ofcourse, you buy the car right up, I can't afford that, unfortunatly.

Its worth every penny, so I say, go for it! And good luck!

As for buying vehicles, I just purchased a new one, a red SL500, with AMG package, as my Christmas gift to me, I will post pics up, in a little bit, however, those of which live in Huntington Beach, know we have a storm, and I won't be able to take any shots until its over. Im so happy. :p
Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM

Mercedes C32SC AMG
Originally Posted by Lexani
Thank you! Ok, first it should be noted that the rims, cannot be bought from the delearship, and I have a 2004 model.

Ok, the SL600 was (is?) 130,000, something around those lines, and after all the taxes and such, went through I ended up at a whopping $140,000. I pay monthly, 2700, and I put down 25K.

As for my rims, Lexani VP, they are naturally about 6500, however, my friend owns H&W Motorsports in Huntington Beach, Cali and he gave me a 4500 deal. I put my other rims, in my warehouse, and called it a day!

So, to answer your question, let me tell you, once you drive a SL, you can never go back to any other class of vehicle, its superb. Thats why I have a SL500, as well. It serves more as my daily driver, with my E55 as a, cruiser, and my SL600 for special reasons, invitational parties, and so on. If, you are really serious, put your vehicles up in Autotrader, and put a LARGE amount down as a down payment, as the more you put, the lower your monthly payment will be. Unless ofcourse, you buy the car right up, I can't afford that, unfortunatly.

Its worth every penny, so I say, go for it! And good luck!

As for buying vehicles, I just purchased a new one, a red SL500, with AMG package, as my Christmas gift to me, I will post pics up, in a little bit, however, those of which live in Huntington Beach, know we have a storm, and I won't be able to take any shots until its over. Im so happy. :p
OK,
I decided to go for the brand new Mercedes SL600 or I am also thinking about the SL55 AMG. I am going to sell my Mercedes S430 and C32 AMG SportCoupe. After that I will be able to buy a car immediately...
I will take SL600 test-drive on 10th January and then I will see....
Will post some info soon.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK,
I decided to go for the brand new Mercedes SL600 or I am also thinking about the SL55 AMG. I am going to sell my Mercedes S430 and C32 AMG SportCoupe. After that I will be able to buy a car immediately...
I will take SL600 test-drive on 10th January and then I will see....
Will post some info soon.
Awesome! Good luck on your purchase, and post pics up soon!

Also, if I may have a quick say, I would recommend getting the vehicle, in something other than silver. Its rather boring. Just my opinion though, again good luck, and hope to meet with your new SL6 at a MB meet.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:58 AM

Mercedes C32SC AMG
Awesome! Good luck on your purchase, and post pics up soon!

Also, if I may have a quick say, I would recommend getting the vehicle, in something other than silver. Its rather boring. Just my opinion though, again good luck, and hope to meet with your new SL6 at a MB meet.
I am getting brand new black Mercedes SL600. I will place order in January. Unfortunately here in Czech Republic I will have to wait 3 months for a car! But I decided to go for it! After I place order at the local MB dealership I will post some more information about order and price here. Thank you for your help! Cant wait for my test-drive!

Last edited by MersAMG; 12-30-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am getting brand new black Mercedes SL600. I will place order in January. Unfortunately here in Czech Republic I will have to wait 3 months for a car! But I decided to go for it! After I place order at the local MB dealership I will post some more information about order and price here. Thank you for your help! Cant wait for my test-drive!
You welcome! Always happy to help a fellow MB enthusiast.

Whoa! 3 months? Whats the reason for such a long delay, I got mine, the same day I wanted it. Rather long, but trust me, its worth the wait. Any fellow Ferrari or Lamborghini owners live in your area?

Oh, a quick tip for the test drive, DO NOT SMASH THE GAS. Let the vehicle wear itself in, I actually blew my oil gasket in the E55, for doing that. So, make sure you take it nice and slow. For the first thousand or so. Just my opinion from past adventures.

Congrats, and post pics! In 3 months or so... :p
Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Mercedes C32SC AMG
You welcome! Always happy to help a fellow MB enthusiast.

Whoa! 3 months? Whats the reason for such a long delay, I got mine, the same day I wanted it. Rather long, but trust me, its worth the wait. Any fellow Ferrari or Lamborghini owners live in your area?

Oh, a quick tip for the test drive, DO NOT SMASH THE GAS. Let the vehicle wear itself in, I actually blew my oil gasket in the E55, for doing that. So, make sure you take it nice and slow. For the first thousand or so. Just my opinion from past adventures.

Congrats, and post pics! In 3 months or so... :p
Of course, its very important to dont push your car hard until you get more than at least 1500miles.
3Months, because its Europe! Almost always you have to wait in line until you get yours, people are buying those cars! They have to build the car and they told me if I order in January it would be probably 3months.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Of course, its very important to dont push your car hard until you get more than at least 1500miles.
3Months, because its Europe! Almost always you have to wait in line until you get yours, people are buying those cars! They have to build the car and they told me if I order in January it would be probably 3months.
Ah, chin up. When you get it, you'll love it!
Old 01-01-2005, 12:29 AM

2004 SL55 AMG
Ah yes, where would we be without the: "Theres no way a SL600 can be fast." Excuses. Ok first thing: I, infact, do believe the times listed for my SL600 in the Car & Driver, it is infact why I bought my SL600
Well, Lexani. Excuses? No need to take my objective insights and subjective personal experience as a true sportscar and superbike aficionado in such a defensive posture. I've made objective observations and reasoning on all aspects of your account with good support, yet you blatantly disregard many, if not all of the points for my comments. As you can see, I've not questioned your experience, yet offered probable, objective reasoning on behalf of the NEW, 6speed turbo owner as well as YOUR quick, consistent automatic SL600. Others like Improviz have supported reasonings on the SL600 C&D article as well performance discrepancies between similar straight-line vehicles.

Originally Posted by LEXANI
Whew. Ok, as far as the Porsche goes, Im sorry to say, I still can't be sure of which model it is, however I'll leave it to a, agree to disagree per si, however with that I shall leave you with the chrome badge on the back with said, just like he did: "Turbo." Now, everyone here can, obviously, come ehre and say my story is ridiculous, or even a lie, because a Porsche can do this and do that, and look at its record, and blah, blah, blah, blah... however, after seeing it performe agaisn't my SL600, I don't care what anyone says, because I was there, I saw it in my rear-view, I counted the one-second headstart I gave it- Me, not Paghmani, nor anyone else here. So tell me what you will about the Porsche possibly being faster, or its records it set, because I care none. Sorry to come off so rude, but please, understand where Im coming from. Everyday, I come on, someone has to say something, like their lawyers, and their parents are dentists and doctors alike, and how he knows that Porsche would have beaten me, and all this, everyday, Im sorry friend, but its getting tiresome.
Published data and the validity of repeated tests tells more than any one on one street-racing. Let's not start using "blanket statements" even of your pride and joy to naively assume that the SL600 leaves ALL 996TTs, especially 6 speed TTs in the dust. Like any "blanket statement" or stereotype, it just takes one example to refute it. Don't forget that I've driven SL600/S600s (close friends') extensively as well as owned a modified 996TT, a slightly-modded SL55 AMG as well as several modified sportbikes (R1s, CBR900s, etc) and have had the exciting opportunity to drive many other sportscars as well. I chose the characteristics of an SL55 over the SL600 in early 2004 for my own reasons. At that time, a 996TT stock (friends' again) was still fresh in my mind even though I owned a 520HP 996TT, 6 sp version to compare the SL55/SL600 to. Trust me in that if the SL600 was so far ahead of a stock 996TT and the SL55 on straight-line acceleration, I would have easily bought that as a better compromising GT car.

As a sidenote, I appreciate leading-technology, innovations, performance and styling of all automobiles. Hence, I frequent many different enthusiasts boards, read every single magazine delivered and on the rack monthly, and have an engineering background that speaks of logic and theory. Therefore, I believe that I have a pretty accurate concept of reality, theoretical performance, and typical comparisons. Nowhere did anyone nor myself state that the V12TT SL600 wasn't quick/fast, but I do put things into a proper perspective. We all own high-end MBs here. Yet, I'm not blind to take away credit from an AWD 996TT Porsche, 6 speed on a performance aspect which they do shine in. I've directly experienced it firsthand. It's quicker than the SL600 stock for stock, but not by a large margin.

Furthermore, I'm not the one here inferring that the SL600 unilaterally and without impunity dominates and leaves anything remotely close to it in the dust. Additionally, why are you citing the highly controversial, well-known and questionable single C&D article as all-encompassing, supportive evidence? Believe what you read without questioning or reasoning "WHY" this anomaly occurred? I also noticed from my absence and minor interest to this thread that you could show a little more respect and not flame forum members that may have valuable insights and experiences different than your own. I've seen valid points that contest your SL600 experience or attempts to explain it reduced to driveling, personal attacks from both ends. I'm certain that many here as well as on the Porsche forums have owned more than a nice share of rides, including owners of Renntech SL55s/SL600s, SL65s, GIAC 660HP+ GT2s, modified AWD 996TTs, modified Lambos, Ferrari CS's, and others back to back. Several guys own an incredible 4-6+ late models concurrently. I summed up some of their insights along with mine and welcomed you to search and learn. They are realistic with no reason to tout what isn't generally true.

Anyways, it's one thing to be proud of your SL600 and support your experience "beating" one brand new 996TT by an incredible several car-lengths (as anything can happen on the streets based on driver and conditions), but please refrain from stating that as unilateral FACT. I'd say, go re-read my perspective then see if your surprisingly defensive attitude was aptly justified and accurate.

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 01-01-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Well, Lexani. Excuses? No need to take my objective insights and subjective personal experience as a true sportscar and superbike aficionado in such a defensive posture. I've made objective observations and reasoning on all aspects of your account with good support, yet you blatantly disregard many, if not all of the points for my comments. As you can see, I've not questioned your experience, yet offered probable, objective reasoning on behalf of the NEW, 6speed turbo owner as well as YOUR quick, consistent automatic SL600. Others like Improviz have supported reasonings on the SL600 C&D article as well performance discrepancies between similar straight-line vehicles."

Ah, and yet can you blame me? For disregarding your information, and insight? I think not, why? Because I won. I was ahead. Its like your trying to tell me,: "No, you did not win, although you were ahead, if he would have done this & that, you would have been toast, oh and if its a GTRS TT XD50 6 speed, no chance." Come on? I won- and someone saying that he COULD have beaten me, I mean, what do you reckon the Porsche driver was thinking?: "Maybe I should not floor it." :rollseyes: As, I have said before, and am forced to repeat, YET AGAIN, I know what happened, Im pretty sure him in my rear-view was not an illusion, you have my assurance. I appreciate, really I do, your insight and observations on this topic, however, I tend to get rather annoyed with people who can seem to get it through their heads, that I WAS THERE. That the Porsche lost, and yet, people still have the audacity to tell me otherwise, and tell me about some other Porsche that holds the world record for what ever time. Why should I care? I did not race that Porsche, why bring it up? Its like a M3 beating a C230 and than the owner of the C230 says: "Oh, its nothing, an SLR would tear you apart." Uh, thanks for the info, but it changes not the fact, that you lost. Simple as that.

"Published data and the validity of repeated tests tells more than any one on one street-racing. Let's not start using "blanket statements" even of your pride and joy to naively assume that the SL600 leaves ALL 996TTs, especially 6 speed TTs in the dust. Like any "blanket statement" or stereotype, it just takes one example to refute it. Don't forget that I've driven SL600/S600s (again, friends') extensively as well as owned a modified 996TT, a slightly-modded SL55 AMG as well as several modified sportbikes (R1s, CBR900s, etc) and have had the exciting opportunity to drive many other sportscars as well. I chose the characteristics of an SL55 over the SL600 in early 2004 for my own reasons. At that time, a 996TT stock (friends' again) was still fresh in my mind even though I owned a 520HP 996TT, 6 sp version to compare the SL55/SL600 to. Trust me in that if the SL600 was so far ahead of a stock 996TT and the SL55 on straight-line acceleration, I would have easily bought that as a better compromising GT car."

Oh, so tell me right quick, whats the difference between the Porsche I raced, and another just like it? I mean, I don't leave all of them in the dust, just the ones with a few bolts loose. Come on, this is leading no where, why? Because I refuse to believe pretty much anything, because I have won. By, far at that. So, with all due respect, you, or anyone else for that matter, that tells me otherwise, is wasting their time typing. If, it would have been, even a remotely close race, I would take other accounts into consideration, but, I can't say that it was, or that I will. Call me ignorant, call me whatever it is that pleases you, but unless, I meet another one, and lose, or barely win, you talking me out of what happen, is like talking to a brick wall- nothing is going to happen. Think about it, if you won to a Honda S2000, and you told someone, and that person said: "No way, it would murder you." Yet, you were there, and you saw what happen, how would you react, if not defensive, would you agree to avoid an arguement? In all seriousness, please tell me. Published road tests, and all other things aside, the only thing you have is experience, what would you do? Because it seems, your trying to turn me into a liar- because Im defensive. Oh, Im sorry for being defensive, really I am, I just din't know what to do... :rollseyes: So tell me, expert, what would have done?

"As a sidenote, I appreciate leading-technology, innovations, performance and styling of all automobiles. Hence, I frequent many different enthusiasts boards, read every single magazine delivered and on the rack monthly, and have an engineering background that speaks of logic and theory. Therefore, I believe that I have a pretty accurate concept of reality, theoretical performance, and typical comparisons. Nowhere did anyone nor myself state that the V12TT SL600 wasn't quick/fast, but I do put things into a proper perspective. We all own high-end MBs here. Yet, I'm not blind to take away credit from an AWD 996TT Porsche, 6 speed on a performance aspect which they do shine in. I've directly experienced it firsthand."

Yes, indeed, tell you what, I'll remember, your expertise in the automotive industry, need I ever phone a friend. I don't recall not giving credit to the Porsche, matter of fact if you read on page 6, I give Porsche credit, here let me copy and paste for you:

"As for Porsche vs. Mercedes, Im going to be straight and say: Both cars have their ups and downs, just so happens the skill both vehicles were tested on, Porsche was less talented, if you will. Im not saying Porsche are bad cars, infact I was looking into a Carrera 4s, I have heard their fun cars to drive, just I like Mercedes better." Lexani, page 6.

So, how am I BLIND? Im confused. And actually, you are correct, no one has said the SL600 is slow- directly, that is- indirectly well:

"Porsche there is no substitute" especially no twin turbo v 12 automatic brohahaahha" Paghmani

Thats indirect, is it not?

Or how about this one:

"Lexani can i ask you question "How is this a kill-story"? Did he even race you or was he to busy smoking his cigar?" Paghmani

Well, if I was hitting the throttle and the Porschee driver was cruising it, and still he barely lost, than my vehicle would be slow. A little indirect, but none the less, its there. RU_MATRX, you might want to look out the side box, a little bit. Im not trying to be rude, but your posting up false info, about how I insult everyone and how everyone is so nice to me, and Im this and that, come on? This is no juvenile **** measuring contest, so leave me out of it. Its like everyone is better than anyone else...ok.

"Furthermore, I'm not the one here inferring that the SL600 unilaterally and without impunity dominates and leaves anything remotely close to it in the dust. Additionally, I haven't cited the highly controversial, well-known and questionable C&D article as all-encompassing, supportive evidence. Believe what you read without questioning or reasoning "WHY" this anomaly occurred? I also noticed from my absence and minor interest to this thread that you could show more respect and not flame forum members that may have valuable insights and experiences different than your own. Many here and on the Porsche forums have owned more than a nice share of rides, including owners of Renntech SL55s/SL600s, SL65s, 660HP+ GT2s, modified AWD 996TTs, modified Lambos, Ferrari CS's, and others back to back. Several guys own 2-6+ concurrently. I summed up some of their insights along with mine. They are realistic with no reason to tout what isn't generally true.

Anyways, it's one thing to be proud of your SL600 and support your experience "beating" one brand new 996TT by an incredible several car-lengths (as anything can happen on the streets based on driver), but please refrain from stating that as FACT. I'd say go re-read my perspective then see if your surprisingly defensive attitude was aptly justified and accurate."

Ok. Your right. You won. Porsche is faster. IT could have by all rights, beaten me. His cigar got in the way. I agree. Its no fact- it just happen, so if it is not a fact, what is it? I lost. Is everyone happy now? He beat me, I stood no chance. My V12 lagged unbelieveably, and its was no match. He won, I lost. Are you happy? Really, Im agreeing with you, are you now happy? Serioulsy, Im done with this - I have let this go on long enough. I will agree with you. Porsches can tear my SL600 to peices, no questions, I trust you, since, you own, or have owned so many different exotic vehicles (impressive line-up ) so I trust your judgement. So, is everything settled. I admit, my story is %100 BS. Happy?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK55 AMG; 1999 BMW X5
Sl600

Lexani nice car man! Still your SL600 can't beat my 20 HP 1977 Chrysler Horizon with power steering! HAH!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sirius_Investor
Lexani nice car man! Still your SL600 can't beat my 20 HP 1977 Chrysler Horizon with power steering! HAH!
Thanks for the comment, and nice Chrysler, I'll give you a run for your money at a meet. Welcome to the boards friend.

BTW: You may have power steering, but rest assured, its no match for my power seats. Hah! And, I have power windows! And... I have a steering wheel, I win! Hah!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:06 PM

2005 SL 500
Real nice car Lexani. That is the nicest black that I've ever seen.

What do you put on your car to get the gloss so nice?
Old 01-01-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chris 45971
Real nice car Lexani. That is the nicest black that I've ever seen.

What do you put on your car to get the gloss so nice?
Thanks! My gloss, is the result of using a set of full Meguiars merchandise. Use the 5 step system developed by Meguiars, as follows:

Step 1: Wash, I use the following
Crystal Car wash
Soft wash gel
Rich suds car wash
Gold class set

Step 2: Surface Preperation, I use the following
Extra all surface cleaner
Clear coat body scrub paint cleaner
Cleaner Wax
Deep crystal system paint cleaner
scratch X (removes fine scratches and swirls)
Quik clay detailing system

Step 3: Polishing, I use the following
Deep crystal system polish

Step 4: Protection, I use the following
Deep crystal system Carnauba wax
Gold Class Clear coat car wax

Step 5: Maintaining, I use the following
Gold calss bug & tar removal
Quik Detailer

I buy them from local car care stores. It takes me awhile, but it looks good, after its done, I do this once a month, all in one day, my E55 gets the same treatment, and my SL500 only gets the 3 step cyrstal system. I don't use everything listed in each step- I just own them, for example in step 1, I use the Gold Class set, and next month I might use the soft wash gel, and so on.

BTW: I just bought a new SL500 '05! AMG package, Mars Red, I'll be posting pics up soon, it my Christams present from me- to me! Im so happy. Traded my boring Blue '05 SL500 in for it.

Anyways, use Meguiars, and get my results, I switched from Mothers. She would be pissed.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:27 AM

2005 SL 500
Thanks for the detailed reply Lexani. I've been using Menzerna products and have been very happy with the results I've been getting on my brilliant silver but I think I'm going to give your techique a try and see what happens.

Again, that is the nicest black I've ever seen. I've seen hundreds of pictures at Autopia.org of black cars (keeping black cars clean is an often discussed topic there) and yours takes the cake. I think you should go show it off to them. Maybe its the ceramiclear paint on our SLs that so clearly separates us from the others. The other day I parked next to a brilliant silver SL. It was clean and mine was actually a little dirty. There was no comparison in appearance. Mine just had a richer glossier look even though dirty. It was like I had different paint (we do).

Congrats on the new Mars Red. I was with many people thought red was bad for an SL until I saw an 04 AMGer in person at one of my local dealers. I now think Mars Red is one of the best colors for the car. Stunning.

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the detailed reply Lexani. I've been using Menzerna products and have been very happy with the results I've been getting on my brilliant silver but I think I'm going to give your techique a try and see what happens.

Again, that is the nicest black I've ever seen. I've seen hundreds of pictures at Autopia.org of black cars (keeping black cars clean is an often discussed topic there) and yours takes the cake. I think you should go show it off to them. Maybe its the ceramiclear paint on our SLs that so clearly separates us from the others. The other day I parked next to a brilliant silver SL. It was clean and mine was actually a little dirty. There was no comparison in appearance. Mine just had a richer glossier look even though dirty. It was like I had different paint (we do).

Congrats on the new Mars Red. I was with many people thought red was bad for an SL until I saw an 04 AMGer in person at one of my local dealers. I now think Mars Red is one of the best colors for the car. Stunning.

Thanks again for the advice.
Thanks for the comments. Speaking of showing it off, believe it or not, I have gotten an invitation or two, for car shows, one of which was held in Las Vegas. Something about promoting LEXANI, which for those who don't know, is the Brand name of my rims, I however kindly declined. I would not like watching people taking turns to sit in my car, I mean, Im not a mean person, I would let some kid at a gas station, or a MB enthusiast sit in it, once in a while, but hundreds of people a day? No way, and touching the paint, even scratching it. Im not saying anyone would do something bad, Im just very cautious is all. To add to that- Im thinking of sending my ride in to, the new Magazine, Modified Luxury & Exotics, newest magazine on the market, Im sure I could get on. Who knows?

First, what color is your SL? Because I only use Meguiars because I have only black cars, until my recent of purchase of the Mars Red SL. So, I have to see how it turns out, but on black, there is no substitue. Hows, Merzena? I would like to give it a try, any good?

As for going to autotopia, I'll look into it, see what happens there. But first, Im going to take some high-reso pictures of my SL6, heck even my 55 and 500, after their monthly cycle, so they look nice.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:30 PM

2005 SL 500
I hear what your saying. I wouldn't want a bunch of people in or around my car. Just more chance of it getting marked up; which I am very concerned about.

My SL 500 is brilliant silver with AMG package, comfort, trim and bi-xenon. I also had the SL 55 taillights installed. The black in them amplifies all the other black in the car.

I am very happy with Menzerna. They produce polishes, a glaze and a sealant. So far I have only used the sealant. It is called full molecular jacket (FMJ). It produces extremely high gloss and above average protection for the paint. The best thing is that it can be buffed on and off in 30-40 minutes. Very easy to work with and remove. I have not used the polishes yet because I don't want to mess with the paint. As it stands, my paint is flawless and I don't want to move the paint around unless there is something wrong (scratches/smudges). These Menzerna products are the same ones that are used at the MB factory. Overall, I am very pleased with what I have seen so far. The car is "glassy". It is my understanding that Menzerna will be putting out a special polish for Ceramiclear paints later this year.

You can order Menzerna at: http://premiumautocare.com/menzerna.html

Can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hear what your saying. I wouldn't want a bunch of people in or around my car. Just more chance of it getting marked up; which I am very concerned about.

My SL 500 is brilliant silver with AMG package, comfort, trim and bi-xenon. I also had the SL 55 taillights installed. The black in them amplifies all the other black in the car.

I am very happy with Menzerna. They produce polishes, a glaze and a sealant. So far I have only used the sealant. It is called full molecular jacket (FMJ). It produces extremely high gloss and above average protection for the paint. The best thing is that it can be buffed on and off in 30-40 minutes. Very easy to work with and remove. I have not used the polishes yet because I don't want to mess with the paint. As it stands, my paint is flawless and I don't want to move the paint around unless there is something wrong (scratches/smudges). These Menzerna products are the same ones that are used at the MB factory. Overall, I am very pleased with what I have seen so far. The car is "glassy". It is my understanding that Menzerna will be putting out a special polish for Ceramiclear paints later this year.

You can order Menzerna at: http://premiumautocare.com/menzerna.html

Can't wait to see your pictures.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it, see how Menzerna turns out. Now that I think about it, I have never heard of it. How did you come by this? I always thought MB factory uses Meguiars, tis the only reason I use it, well that, and its recommended by Mercedes-Benz of Laguna Niguel, where I make MOST of my purchases, so I'm confused.

Either way, my new SL is also AMG package equipped, I love it! Although, I prefer the quad exhuast vs, the dual. But Im not complaining. I have a quick question, how do I know if I got the AMG tail lights or not? I mean, I have the AMG package, but does that include everything your SL has?

Funny thing, everyone I told about the car show offer, which I turned down, had to resist the sudden urge to throw the nearest sharp object at me. About time, someone sees my point of view. And, their reason? "You would have gotten exposure!" I see both points of view, I just don't want anything happening, to what I treasure most. Some people would have risked it, but not I.

By the way, if your ok with it, may I ask where in New Jeresy do you live in? Cedar Grove maybe? Jeresy City? I have a few friends here and there.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM

2005 SL 500
You probably haven't heard of Menzerna because it just recently became available here in the US. It is produced in Germany and has been used there by Mercedes-Benz for some time. If you go to the website I provided they will have more information. If you want an objective view (because the website is selling the product), you will be able to find out more with a google/yahoo search.

The SL 55 taillights have a black stripe accross the middle of them and are not offered in any package. To get them you either have to order a 55/65 or order the part. The part is identical to the taillights that are already on the 500/600 except there is a black stripe accross the middle of them. If you purchase the taillights seperately and have them installed by your service center; they are $306 each and require an hour-and-a-half of labor ($132 I believe).

I live in central Jersey in Wall Township (a town in Monmouth County). How about you Lexani? West coast?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You probably haven't heard of Menzerna because it just recently became available here in the US. It is produced in Germany and has been used there by Mercedes-Benz for some time. If you go to the website I provided they will have more information. If you want an objective view (because the website is selling the product), you will be able to find out more with a google/yahoo search.

The SL 55 taillights have a black stripe accross the middle of them and are not offered in any package. To get them you either have to order a 55/65 or order the part. The part is identical to the taillights that are already on the 500/600 except there is a black stripe accross the middle of them. If you purchase the taillights seperately and have them installed by your service center; they are $306 each and require an hour-and-a-half of labor ($132 I believe).

I live in central Jersey in Wall Township (a town in Monmouth County). How about you Lexani? West coast?
As I said, I will look into Menzerna, give it a shot. If I like results, I switch. And, I'll have you to thank for it.

As for the SL55 tail lights, thats rather dissapointing, not because it costs money to get them, thats not even close to being an issue, but because it doesn't come with the package. When I got the package, I thought Im getting everything AMG, but the engine.

I live in South California, Huntington Beach. Surf Capital of USA. Don't know why, are waves barely top 5 ft. Anyways, its in O.C. (Orange County). Love it down here, moved from Europe, a few years back, and Im never going back, except possibly to visit friends/ relatives.

That aside, do you have any pictures of your SL? Im getting my SL6 washed today, using Meguiars (prolly use Menzerna next month), and I'll post pics up sometime today, who knows maybe even a video, Im taking a drive, might take a friend with me, catch some Ferrari owners off gaurd. Check back in a few hours.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:09 PM

2005 SL 500
Yeah, I was disappointed too when I found out that the taillights weren't included in the package.

Sothern California is cool. I've heard nothing but good things.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my car. Got to get one of those digital cameras.

Go get em Lexani.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:41 AM

2004 SL55 AMG
Ok. Your right. You won. Porsche is faster. IT could have by all rights, beaten me. His cigar got in the way. I agree. Its no fact- it just happen, so if it is not a fact, what is it? I lost. Is everyone happy now? He beat me, I stood no chance. My V12 lagged unbelieveably, and its was no match. He won, I lost. Are you happy? Really, Im agreeing with you, are you now happy? Serioulsy, Im done with this - I have let this go on long enough. I will agree with you. Porsches can tear my SL600 to peices, no questions, I trust you, since, you own, or have owned so many different exotic vehicles (impressive line-up ) so I trust your judgement. So, is everything settled. I admit, my story is %100 BS. Happy?
LOL. You're comical in a rampant good way. Lexani enjoy your MB like the rest of us. I hope that you win every race for all of us to show that SL600s can't be beaten and your proof of winning overwrites everything that anyone else could possibly have experience with. I never once inferred that your story was B.S. and your sarcastic,and further defensiveness shows a lot of insecurities, but you bought what you bought so enjoy it and stop aggregating all comments as skeptical doubt focused on your one and only "race."

A little education and discussion on what you may/or may not have raced 6sp, tiptronic, unbroken-in, inexperienced driver?, you're superior driving skills with an automatic, etc. and we arrive at your conclusion that no SL600 can ever lose to a theoretically, slightly quicker Turbo 6sp (X50, GT2, etc.) or any manual Porsche TT that weighs ~1000lbs less with AWD in a short race from start.

Again, I was one of the first to never doubt your particular race. It wasn't a question mark in my mind. I just wanted to present some facts and insight so that you can better understand the reality between these 2 great vehicles, yet you continuously override my intention. My point was NOT to incite you further on making blanket statements based on your SL600 or the buffoon driving some sort of Turbo which we'll never know of. It's just very ironic that fellow MB owners on an MB-specific forum who are obviously bias towards any MB over any Porsche can rile you up so much. Personally, I love both MBs and Porsches, but will always do my best to put things into proper perspective. Disregard the first post of the race (you won, no doubt there). On a Porsche forum, just the 13pgs of discussion afterwards would have many in Southern, CA. ready and competently willing to prove you wrong. Then what? In the end, It's just a blind ego-trip between boy racers. Well, I do hope to see you around here for the long-term along with your enthusiasm.

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 01-03-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RU_MATRX
LOL. You're comical in a rampant good way. Lexani enjoy your MB like the rest of us. I hope that you win every race for all of us to show that SL600s can't be beaten and your proof of winning overwrites everything that anyone else could possibly have experience with. I never once inferred that your story was B.S. and your sarcastic,and further defensiveness shows a lot of insecurities, but you bought what you bought so enjoy it and stop aggregating all comments as skeptical doubt focused on your one and only "race."

A little education and discussion on what you may/or may not have raced 6sp, tiptronic, unbroken-in, inexperienced driver?, you're superior driving skills with an automatic, etc. and we arrive at your conclusion that no SL600 can ever lose to a theoretically, slightly quicker Turbo 6sp (X50, GT2, etc.) or any manual Porsche TT that weighs ~1000lbs less with AWD in a short race from start.

Again, I was one of the first to never doubt your particular race. It wasn't a question mark in my mind. I just wanted to present some facts and insight so that you can better understand the reality between these 2 great vehicles, yet you continuously override my intention. My point was NOT to incite you further on making blanket statements based on your SL600 or the buffoon driving some sort of Turbo which we'll never know of. It's just very ironic that fellow MB owners on an MB-specific forum who are obviously bias towards any MB over any Porsche can rile you up so much. Personally, I love both MBs and Porsches, but will always do my best to put things into proper perspective. Disregard the first post of the race (you won, no doubt there). On a Porsche forum, just the 13pgs of discussion afterwards would have many in Southern, CA. ready and competently willing to prove you wrong. Then what? In the end, It's just a blind ego-trip between boy racers. Well, I do hope to see you around here for the long-term along with your enthusiasm.
I would happily race another Porsche, I don't care if its a Carrera GT. Even if I lose, oh well... I gave it my best shot. So, than, the Porsche people ready to prove me wrong. Wow, as if I don't have my own friends with high-class vehicles of there own.

And, another question which you completly skipped: Why is it wrong for me to get defensive? Like, honestly, am I really to agree with you, to avoid conflict? Im confused, for some reason everyone uses that: "Your defensive, and shows your insecurity!" Hmmm... because you said so? Im confused.

And if you look at it that way- every race is blind ego-trip - Also, Im not saying Im unbeatable, hell, the only thing I was saying is agaisnt this vehicle, unless we run into a curve, I hold my ground.

And one more thing: By any chance, where you down the PCH, yesterday, I raced a SL55, same as yours, did not get a look at the plates. Had a friend record it (as you may already know) and I immediatly thought of you, any chance?

Any, as for my last post, I was saying it because Im tired of argueing. Its all.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I was disappointed too when I found out that the taillights weren't included in the package.

Sothern California is cool. I've heard nothing but good things.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my car. Got to get one of those digital cameras.

Go get em Lexani.
Well, not exactly FERRARI owners, just SL55. I tried sending the video to one of the members here, but it doesn't work, why can't something go right for just once, and to top it off, the pictures I took- are too big- (sighs) Damn it...
Old 01-05-2005, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh well, 6 won.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo? Oh yeah...?