M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2002 Ml320 - New to me - Navigation - Cd player - Cd changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Ml320 - New to me - Navigation - Cd player - Cd changer

Hello,

First, I would like to introduce my self as this is the first post I am doing on MB world. My Ml320 2002 (Canadian) is part of all my toys and indeed my first MB. I am currently owner of 3 Bimmers (M-Roadster, 540I and 325Xi) as well as 1 porsche (911 Cab Aero). In my quest to two my boat, I decided to buy that Ml320 2002 and I really like it. I was not a huge fan on MB but until today, I have nothing to say about it, except maybe about the flat seating area...

Altough, My Ml320 does not have a CD player. It has a screen with a red and gree button. I would like to know what are available to me. I would like to have Navigation and also to be able to listen to cd's. No mp3's, no Ipod or anything like that. To my understanding, It seems like you cannot listen and navigate at the same time since there is only on slot in the unit to put a disc in, Am i right ? Also, how do I know wich Cd changer I need and is there like adapters to install alpine changers. On top, how Do I know if my car is prewired for cd changer and wich kind or wiring is it ? Digital fiber ? Neways, all help concerning that topic would be very helpful to me. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Regards
Bo
Old 06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Both the CD player and the nav can be easily added. Just be certain you purchase the correct part number for your year vehicle. The nav will give you a single CD player but you cannot navigate while a audio CD is loaded. I would suggest that you consider the CD changer that mounts behind the right panel in your cargo compartment. That will allow you to listen to a CD while using the Nav. Some people have installed this themselves however I would suggest a dealer as there are fibre optics involved. You also may wish to conside installing the later nav that takes DVD's instead of CD's.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:01 PM

IF I get a CD din player, would it be navigation module as well or is there such thing as only CD player with no navigation ?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 08:28 PM

There is a CD only player for the dash unit. I had one until I replaced it with a NAV. I have the CD changer and would think it is fairly easy to install, but do not know for sure.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by mz3bo
Hello,

First, I would like to introduce my self as this is the first post I am doing on MB world. My Ml320 2002 (Canadian) is part of all my toys and indeed my first MB. I am currently owner of 3 Bimmers (M-Roadster, 540I and 325Xi) as well as 1 porsche (911 Cab Aero). In my quest to two my boat, I decided to buy that Ml320 2002 and I really like it. I was not a huge fan on MB but until today, I have nothing to say about it, except maybe about the flat seating area...

Altough, My Ml320 does not have a CD player. It has a screen with a red and gree button. I would like to know what are available to me. I would like to have Navigation and also to be able to listen to cd's. No mp3's, no Ipod or anything like that. To my understanding, It seems like you cannot listen and navigate at the same time since there is only on slot in the unit to put a disc in, Am i right ? Also, how do I know wich Cd changer I need and is there like adapters to install alpine changers. On top, how Do I know if my car is prewired for cd changer and wich kind or wiring is it ? Digital fiber ? Neways, all help concerning that topic would be very helpful to me. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Regards
Bo
They sell the FO cd changer for your ML HERE The MLs are pre wired for the Changer and if you call them they might have a DVD NAV drive available for your MCS.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
IF I get a CD din player, would it be navigation module as well or is there such thing as only CD player with no navigation ?

Thanks
Yes you can get either a CD player or a CD/Nav unit, or, a DVD nav unit. My suggestion is to go with the DVD as it uses only one disc for the entire US as opposed to numerous regional discs. I would also install the CD changer in the rear of the ML
Old 06-15-2005, 09:53 AM

MBs
Here's some CD-install info:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/cd-install.html
Old 06-15-2005, 12:11 PM

Hello,

Regards
Bo
I agree with you on the flat seating, I guess we're just used to bucket seats. If it's pre-wired, just get the OEM MCS unit with dvd navigation and changer.