Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

230 Kompressor question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
230 Kompressor question

I have a buddy looking to put a blower from the 230 motor on his xB. As such we have some initial questions - more will follow, but the critical one right now is how is boost recirculated on these blowers? I'm assuming they use a diverter valve of some sort, but I would like to know where it is located on the M-B engines or if it's integrated into the blower itself.

Many thanks for any other information you can provide on this project.

Thanks!

Bif and Spankymcgee
Old 10-06-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm the buddy.

I have been toying with the idea of forced induction on my Scion for some time now. I have some fabrication skills, but I don't have the tools and equippment to make an exhaust manifold otherwise I would go the turbo route.

With my tools and equippment I do have the ability to fabricate a mount with a plenum for the blower to bolt to. Then I would plumb the pressurized intake charge out of the plenum, through an intercooler, and into the intake through the throttle body.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:53 AM

Any information would be greatful to help me get this project rolling.

I was going to use and Eaton M62 blower off of a General Motors vehicle, but the M-B Kompressor is a much smaller package.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 PM

I know it's blasphamy (spelling) that I want to put a Mercedes blower on my Scion, but please don't let that stop you from helping me out.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:10 PM

Ok, if it will convince you to help me by answering my questions this blower isn't going on a Scion. This blower is going on my hand-fabricated Mercedes-powered chopper...... lol

Please help me.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:19 PM

So none of the 50 some people that looked in here know the answer to my question?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM

it is up by the air box. but if your going to use it all the time you dont need the bypass valve. they also use the super charger for the air injection another reason for the valve. also do you have the early version with the clutch or the later version with out a clutch? if you set it up to run all the time it would work like a normal super charger.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fixnbenz
it is up by the air box. but if your going to use it all the time you dont need the bypass valve. they also use the super charger for the air injection another reason for the valve. also do you have the early version with the clutch or the later version with out a clutch? if you set it up to run all the time it would work like a normal super charger.
Yes, I will be using this blower all the time with a standard pulley. I will not be using a pulley with a clutch on it.

Now if I don't use a bypass valve what happens if I let off the gas and don't need that pressurized air anymore? I thought that was what the bypass valve was for, recirculating the boost when it's not needed.

I know a few things about forced induction, mainly turbo stuff. I am new to the S/C thing and I want to make my car work as smoothly as possible with a blower.

Thank you for the reply.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:15 PM

bump
Old 10-18-2006, 11:14 AM

bump