Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechanic needed near Malden, MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Sport Sedan
Mechanic needed near Malden, MA

I live in Malden, MA and am looking for a mechanic - my car is due for its first out of warranty service. (Service A) If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by wjlepetomanegov; 10-23-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 134 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
I'd happily recommend my mechanic, Steve, at Main St. Auto Service 308 Main St Stoneham (at Montvale and Main). Steve owns the station, as well as a 2005 CLK500, an ML, 2 1986 SEC560's, and an SL. He has serviced all my cars for the last 15 years, including my 3 C-class MBs. Tell him Edward sent you.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by wjlepetomanegov
I live in Malden, MA and am looking for a mechanic - my car is due for its first out of warranty service. (Service A) If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you need a good indy shop for repairs other than oil changes, check out Victory (I think in Lynnfield on Rt 1) or John's Foreign Auto in Wakefield (off Rt 95).

I've used both these guys and they are great -- I have their phone numbers somewhere and will dig them out if you want.

Regards,
paul....
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Here's a pix of those guy's business cards.

Regards,
paul....
Attached Thumbnails Mechanic needed near Malden, MA-mbindies-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 134 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
whaddya think paulv? think we'll hear from wjlepetomanegov again? (I hope so; I'm curious what that username means) I think we're blessed with a number of great mechanics in the Boston area one could trust with his MB. Me, I believe that once you find one, you stick with him, which is why I use a mechanic in Stoneham while I live in Milton, 20 miles away (it's the main reason I pay for AAA Gold). Steve (my mechanic) is the primary reason I bought my first MB five years ago; I knew he could fix it if necessary, and not bankrupt me in the process. It helped that he often gave me one of his 560SEC's as a loaner while he fixed my Nissan, Volkswagon, or Buick, bitd. Here's Steve's latest acquisition; maybe I'll get it as a loaner during my next brake job!:
Old 10-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by eddieo45
whaddya think paulv? think we'll hear from wjlepetomanegov again? (I hope so; I'm curious what that username means) I think we're blessed with a number of great mechanics in the Boston area one could trust with his MB. Me, I believe that once you find one, you stick with him, which is why I use a mechanic in Stoneham while I live in Milton, 20 miles away (it's the main reason I pay for AAA Gold). Steve (my mechanic) is the primary reason I bought my first MB five years ago; I knew he could fix it if necessary, and not bankrupt me in the process. It helped that he often gave me one of his 560SEC's as a loaner while he fixed my Nissan, Volkswagon, or Buick, bitd. Here's Steve's latest acquisition; maybe I'll get it as a loaner during my next brake job!:
Take it easy on your brakes so you can enjoy that loaner next summer!! I agree with finding a great mechanic. I actually know a great guy who has a shop in Natick, but he doesn't have a Star Diags setup and the two indies I recommeded do. My 03 E320 has 80,000 miles on it so I pretty much maintain what I can, and bring the rest to an indie -- for really complicated electronic problems I would have to bring it to the dealer.

Regards,
paul....
Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 PM

2003 C230 Sport Sedan
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably be taking it to one of these guys in two or three weeks.

btw - WJLePetomaneGov stands for Governor William J. LePetomane from the movie Blazing Saddles. Its a pretty obscure screen name but I have been using it in a few places for quite a while. Thanks again.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:44 AM

CLK500
Smile mechanic in natick arfea

Originally Posted by paulv
Take it easy on your brakes so you can enjoy that loaner next summer!! I agree with finding a great mechanic. I actually know a great guy who has a shop in Natick, but he doesn't have a Star Diags setup and the two indies I recommeded do. My 03 E320 has 80,000 miles on it so I pretty much maintain what I can, and bring the rest to an indie -- for really complicated electronic problems I would have to bring it to the dealer.

Regards,
paul....
u said you know of a good MB mechanic in Natick. I am looking for a good indie in the Natick area. I need new front brakes--or so the dealer says
Old 03-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by evanm
u said you know of a good MB mechanic in Natick. I am looking for a good indie in the Natick area. I need new front brakes--or so the dealer says
Sent you a PM.

Regards,
paul....