Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intellicode Garage opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intellicode Garage opener

I also posted this in the 208 forum, but thought someone browsing here might be able to help:

Resurecting an old thread here...

I tried MMGrad's instructions to the letter https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2 , but my CLK430 won't work with my Genie Intellicode opener. What happens is that the 'learn' light on the opener (motor) blinks, then I press and hold the mirror-button (which I have already programmed with the hand-held remote)... the 'learn' light (motor) now stops blinking and remains solid (so far, so good)...now, when I press the mirror button again, the 'learn' light (motor) goes off (exactly as the manual says it should).

Only problem is that it still won't open the door. To top it off, once performing this procedure, my regular garage remote will no longer work, and must be re-'learned' to the motor.

What gives?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 SL
Does not make sense that your original opener/remote must be "re-learned" to the opener in the ceiling... something is wrong.

Did you try to "learn" the car to the garage opener?

The procedure in the car just makes "another" opener/remote, it must be "learned" to the opener on the ceiling.

Greg
Old 06-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Greg,

I think so. What I did was 'learn' the remote to the mirror control. Then, pressed 'learn' on the garage motor, and press the previously programmed mirror button. This apparently is supposed to program the garage motor to recognize the signal now coming from the mirror (which was first programmed by the orginal hand held remote).

There is some communication occuring, because the garage motor light flashes when the mirror opener is pushed, but it just doesn't respond by opening the door.

It is apparently after this 'teaching' of the garage motor to resond to the mirror control that it (the garage motor) no longer responds to the original hand-held remote.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:36 PM

2003 SL
If you GDO is a genie, you actually need to press the remote button 3 times after you press the "learn" button on the GDO... be sure to press the "learn" button briefly on the GDO, it will then flash slowly... you now have 30 seconds to learn the new remote... take too long, nothing happens... so you have to push the mirror button 3 times in 30 seconds after you set up the GDO... press the GDO button too long, erases all remotes..

From your previous post, having to relearn your original remote tells me you erased all the GDO memory...

Greg
Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Almost a Member!

It is a Genie.

I know exactly what you're saying Greg,... but unfortunately, this is exactly what I did. I press the GDO button briefly, then while that light is flashing slowly, I press the mirror button. 1st press - light on GDO goes solid. 2nd press - light on GDO turns off. Third press - light on GDO blinks quickly like it's receiving a signal from the mirror, but does not open.

I am not holding down the GDO and erasing the existing remotes.

I'm baffled... what appears to be working for everyone else is not working for me.

I assure you I'm not an idiot , and am quite technically inclined. I am sure I've done what I'm supposed to be doing, in the order it should be done.

I'm baffled.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally posted by Greg Elmassian
If you GDO is a genie, you actually need to press the remote button 3 times after you press the "learn" button on the GDO... be sure to press the "learn" button briefly on the GDO, it will then flash slowly... you now have 30 seconds to learn the new remote... take too long, nothing happens... so you have to push the mirror button 3 times in 30 seconds after you set up the GDO... press the GDO button too long, erases all remotes..

From your previous post, having to relearn your original remote tells me you erased all the GDO memory...

Greg
hi Greg...thanks for the post very helpful...can i just review to make sure i do it right...dont want to erase all settings.

1. briefly press gdo learn button
2. press remote for gdo 3 times
3. press in car button 3 times, and DON'T hold it down

then i should be finished right?
thanks again for the help!

Last edited by ahopeter; 06-04-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by ahopeter
hi Greg...thanks for the post very helpful...can i just review to make sure i do it right...dont want to erase all settings.

1. briefly press gdo learn button
2. press remote for gdo 3 times
3. press in car button 3 times, and DON'T hold it down

then i should be finished right?
thanks again for the help!

I think you have step 2 wrong. You do not need to press your normal remote 3 time. I believe steps are

1. Press and hold mirror and GDO remote at the same time until mirror light flashes rapidly. (this programs your mirror to communicate with your GDO)
2. Press the GDO 'learn' once, (light should be flashing) now press the same mirror button you just programmed (in step 1) 3 times (about 2 seconds for each press). This teaches your GDO to accept the code from your mirror.

That is SUPPOSED to do it for rolling code openers.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Harkonen
I think you have step 2 wrong. You do not need to press your normal remote 3 time. I believe steps are

1. Press and hold mirror and GDO remote at the same time until mirror light flashes rapidly. (this programs your mirror to communicate with your GDO)
2. Press the GDO 'learn' once, (light should be flashing) now press the same mirror button you just programmed (in step 1) 3 times (about 2 seconds for each press). This teaches your GDO to accept the code from your mirror.

That is SUPPOSED to do it for rolling code openers.
cool, thanks for the correction...glad i didnt try it yet.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:25 PM

2003 SL
Just to be clear:

There are 2 phases to the operation, which can have infinite time between them:

1. make the "mirror" look like a genie remote

2. learn the "mirror" to the gdo (garage door operator)

The previous posts are a bit ambiguous...

The stuff you do in the car with your old remote and the mirror are step 1.

When you go up to the GDO, briefly press the learn button, the led starts flashing, you rush back to your car, and press the button on the mirror 3 separate times all within 30 seconds, that's step 2.

There is no "communicating" between anything, communicating usually implies a 2 way connection... each of the steps is one way... step 1 makes the mirror "clone" the communication style of the original remote by listening.

Step 2 makes the GDO authorize the new remote (the mirror) by listening.

Greg
Old 06-04-2004, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

very nice...thank you!
Old 06-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Looks like I've got a hardware problem... troubleshooting has revealed that I need to replace the receiving board on my GDO. $65.00.

Thanks for the help anyway.