Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Me app not available on MBUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B 180
Unhappy Mercedes Me app not available on MBUX

Dear Users,

I am facing issue with Mercedes Me services where most of the services are in "activating" status for past 7 weeks. In the vehicle, I don't see "Mercedes Me" app on the MBUX system. Did anyone else experience similar issue with their car with no mercedes me app in the car or mercedes me app services not getting activated?

I have tried many a times with Mercedes Me customer support and they are really incompetent, they could only escalate it to the technical team in germany which hasn't been able to rectify the issue yet.

Appreciate if anyone can guide on how to resolve this or is there a contact / email to escalate to beyond Mercedes me customer care?

Thanks
Ash
Old 04-22-2022, 11:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
2022 GLE 53, 2021 C43W4, 2016 C7 Corvette Z06, 2014Nissan GTR
HI!

Concierge here for MB. Did you recently purchase the vehicle? Model year 2020-2021 there were a few which were missing the HERMES module due to the supply shortage. This may be a cause.

Also, if you do not see the Mercedes-Me icon in the Mercedes-Me and apps section of the MBUX system it also might mean the system would have to be reset.

PM your vin and I can look into it for you.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:41 PM

Mercedes B 180
@Concierge32

Hi Concierge32,

Yes, I recently purchased the vehicle and it is a 2020 Model. Would you know how to reset the MBUX system?

I will PM you the VIN
Old 04-22-2022, 08:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 GLA 250
My app was working totally fine and its now showing I need to activate my services? Just talked to tech support and was supposed to get an email that I need to respond to with a screenshot. No email yet.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:08 PM

A200d Auto Premium Plus 2021 Denim Blue
Hi all, first post so be gentle.
I was one of those affected by the chip shortage and accepted the car minus the Hermes module. I took delivery of the car last August and the Hermes module was retrofitted yesterday. I specifically asked the dealer if Mercedes me had been activated and was assured that it had. Anyway tried to pair it with my iPhone today and noticed that there wasn’t a MMe app in MBUX to pair it with!
The app on the phone recognises the car but because I can’t pair it that’s about it.
Any ideas?
Old 06-01-2022, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2017 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by gwynp
I was one of those affected by the chip shortage and accepted the car minus the Hermes module. I took delivery of the car last August and the Hermes module was retrofitted yesterday. I specifically asked the dealer if Mercedes me had been activated and was assured that it had. Anyway tried to pair it with my iPhone today and noticed that there wasn’t a MMe app in MBUX to pair it with!
The app on the phone recognises the car but because I can’t pair it that’s about it.
Any ideas?
​​​​​​I'm having the same issue. I was able to finally get the car and phone connected by calling Mercedes customer service, however I still don't have the Mercedes Me app in my MBUX. I also can't sync my profiles because that option isn't available. This has been such an unpleasant experience. I'm very likely going to buy a different brand car.
The following 3 users liked this post by mrw1986:
Dedee116 (06-18-2022), ivanalpe (01-18-2023), Mr. Toad (06-02-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 08:30 PM

GLA 250
No MercedesMe App

Originally Posted by gwynp
Any ideas?
Hi! Were you able to resolve this? I had the module installed yesterday but the app is still missing from MBUX therefore I can’t sync with the MercedesMe connect app.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2017 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Dedee116
Hi! Were you able to resolve this? I had the module installed yesterday but the app is still missing from MBUX therefore I can’t sync with the MercedesMe connect app.
I had mine resolved by bringing my car back to the dealer and they flashed a software update. The update is unavailable for consumers so it has to be done at a dealer.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:48 PM

GLA 250
Thanks…

Originally Posted by mrw1986
I had mine resolved by bringing my car back to the dealer and they flashed a software update. The update is unavailable for consumers so it has to be done at a dealer.
Good to know! Thank you for the update!
Old 07-10-2022, 08:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 E-350 Loaded
I just got my Hermes chip on Friday and the dealer IT fellow will walk me through it on Monday. He said it takes a few days for the car to be recognized in the MB system.
I'll text him my VIN, call him and report back here.
Note: the phone app MUST be the one with the MB star. The old one will not work.
Best
Old 07-13-2022, 05:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 E-350 Loaded
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
I just got my Hermes chip on Friday and the dealer IT fellow will walk me through it on Monday. He said it takes a few days for the car to be recognized in the MB system.
I'll text him my VIN, call him and report back here.
Note: the phone app MUST be the one with the MB star. The old one will not work.
Best
UPDATE: With my Hermes chip installed on Friday, the Mercedes Me Connect is now operational and working as intended!
The saga is over.

Last edited by SmokinJoe; 08-02-2022 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Formally: 2002 ML 270cdi, 2012 GL 350 cdi. Current: 2020 GLS 400d
Hi team,

Does anyone know if the Online Map update in the Mercedes Me portal needs to communicate with the car at all (e.g. perhaps to check current map versions).

I keep getting an error when I try to download a map update - however I have no 4G connectivity in the car currently (I am told the vpn certificate needs to be reset - but this is a 4 hour journey (each way) to the dealer). I am wondering if the 4G issue is also impacting the map download function.

Is there any way that vpn certificate can be reset without a dealer visit ?
Old 07-26-2022, 08:15 PM

2020 Sprinter 2500 4X4
I came across this thread from a google search as I'm also missing the MercedesMe app from my 2020 Sprinter 2500 4x4 equipped with MBUX. First I'm hearing that there is a module that may be missing so how do I find out if my van was effected by this?
Old 08-02-2022, 01:37 AM

mercedes glc
Mercedes me app not available on mbux

Originally Posted by ashishsurana
Dear Users,

I am facing issue with Mercedes Me services where most of the services are in "activating" status for past 7 weeks. In the vehicle, I don't see "Mercedes Me" app on the MBUX system. Did anyone else experience similar issue with their car with no mercedes me app in the car or mercedes me app services not getting activated?

I have tried many a times with Mercedes Me customer support and they are really incompetent, they could only escalate it to the technical team in germany which hasn't been able to rectify the issue yet.

Appreciate if anyone can guide on how to resolve this or is there a contact / email to escalate to beyond Mercedes me customer care?

Thanks
Ash

Hi Ash did you manage to sort this out. I am facing the same issue on my mbux. How did you resolve this
Old 06-09-2023, 12:21 PM

A200 Progressive
Mercedes me

Mercedes me app disappeared when I reset the system.

can anyone help?!

Thanks

Originally Posted by ashishsurana
Dear Users,

Thanks
Ash
Old 11-11-2023, 11:26 AM

Cla
Originally Posted by jaynakh
Mercedes me app disappeared when I reset the system.

can anyone help?!

Thanks
I am having the same problem. Reset system and Mercedes me app has gone
Old 02-05-2024, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A250
Hi Concierge, I have the same issue as well. I recently purchased a pre-owned W177 A250. I couldn't connect to MercedeMe as the previous owner already registered. I did went to the dealership but they refer me back to MercedesMe support team which not resolve yet till now. I also found out that my Mbux does not have MercedesMe Icon. It only written APPS. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
Bear75 (05-01-2024)
Old 02-07-2024, 06:06 PM

S400d W223
Originally Posted by PhilipHanser
Hi team,

Does anyone know if the Online Map update in the Mercedes Me portal needs to communicate with the car at all (e.g. perhaps to check current map versions).

I keep getting an error when I try to download a map update - however I have no 4G connectivity in the car currently (I am told the vpn certificate needs to be reset - but this is a 4 hour journey (each way) to the dealer). I am wondering if the 4G issue is also impacting the map download function.

Is there any way that vpn certificate can be reset without a dealer visit ?
Hi there, did you manage to solve that issue? I also have no internet connectivity but my local MB dealer has no idea how to fix it.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:51 AM

E53 Estate
Is anyone experiencing increased frequency in the interruption to the Live Traffic service (and internet connection).

In the UK over the last year I am experiencing an increase in the number of days when I cannot connect and get Live Traffic information. If I complete a journey and switch off the car and leave it for some time (30 mins) then usually the car connects and Live Traffic is available. It wont reset if I just stop and restart the car.

I have an E53, 2 years old 44,000 miles. Perfect in every way apart from this increasingly frequent event.

My only other gripe - many (9) tyres written off and alloy wheel buckle repairs due to pot holes. This car is not designed for the state of UK roads these days and any slight hit brings on a vibration which I then know means a call in at the alloy shop. Approx. £75 to straighten a heavy buckle (no cracks).
Old 05-01-2024, 03:44 PM

GLA 180 Sport
Mercedes Me App not available on MBUX

Originally Posted by MK3481
Hi Concierge, I have the same issue as well. I recently purchased a pre-owned W177 A250. I couldn't connect to MercedeMe as the previous owner already registered. I did went to the dealership but they refer me back to MercedesMe support team which not resolve yet till now. I also found out that my Mbux does not have MercedesMe Icon. It only written APPS. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance.
Having the same issue - no app. Do you know if there is a fix for this?
Old 06-10-2024, 12:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
SL63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bear75
Having the same issue - no app. Do you know if there is a fix for this?
Same to me

Thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...-problems.html