Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2020 AMG E53 Matte Grey Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 01:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W213 2020 AMG E53 Wagon
2020 AMG E53 Matte Grey Wagon

I just bought a new to me 2020 AMG E53 Wagon with 62k kms on it. This is my first Mercedes. I’ve always been a fan of wagons and the E53 fit right into where I wanted to spend. The original owner pretty much checked every single box there was for the front occupant area. He also 3M'd the entire front end and got a nice tint on all the windows. I asked the dealership to remove the tail light and reflector tint but left everything else. There was an E63 wagon available as well, but it was $25k more and didn’t have the options my wife liked like the massaging seats and fragrance system. It also had a $20k collision on it and a white interior. Couple that with I didn’t need the big engine as I’ll be having 2 car seats in the back for the next many many years anyways and the E53 slotted perfectly into what we needed. I would have liked to have the 7-seater but I compromised when this AMG came up. There are a few things I’m trying to figure out still so I’ll post them in the various forum categories but cliff’s notes is:

The driver’s side door arm rest panel heater doesn’t work. Noticeable difference between the center console and door panel. It probably just burned out.

The fragrance system also appears to not be working. We can’t smell any of the fragrance at all even on the high setting.

The seat cooling also turns off after ~3 minutes and then won’t restart unless I restart the car. But from what I’m reading on the forums here this is normal (and supremely stupid). Just blow air on my *** like I say dang it!!!

…of course warranty ran out August 20, 2024.

The following users liked this post:
MBpippo (Today)
Old Today, 01:03 AM

W213 2020 AMG E53 Wagon
Got it home and with the dealership gift.

I’ve liked wagons for a long time now. Here are my previous 2.

2007 Audi S4 6 Speed Manual 4.2L V8 Avant (wagon)

2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross

The following 2 users liked this post by 99 rs:
Drone_S213 (Today), MBpippo (Today)
Old Today, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 513 Posts
MB
Congrats! Looks great.

So the dealers in Canada don't offer certified pre-owned like the US?

Also, why does Mercedes offer the E53 and C-class wagon in Canada but not the US? Is the standard estate still offered there? We only get the E63 and everything else is the all terrain which looks nowhere as good as the standard estate IMO.

Last edited by wildta; Today at 01:35 AM.
99 rs (Today)
Old Today, 02:35 AM

W213 2020 AMG E53 Wagon
Originally Posted by wildta
Congrats! Looks great.

So the dealers in Canada don't offer certified pre-owned like the US?

Also, why does Mercedes offer the E53 and C-class wagon in Canada but not the US? Is the standard estate still offered there? We only get the E63 and everything else is the all terrain which looks nowhere as good as the standard estate IMO.
They do offer the certified pre-owned and this car has it but it's not on everything. I believe it's predominantly drivetrain related sans wear and tear. I'll call them tomorrow about the door panel and see if they'll take pity on me.

I believe they're moving away from the E300/E400 wagons and only going to the E450 lifted thing unfortunately. As far as I'm aware E53 and E63 are still going to be available in wagon (so good).
Old Today, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 513 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by 99 rs
They do offer the certified pre-owned and this car has it but it's not on everything. I believe it's predominantly drivetrain related sans wear and tear. I'll call them tomorrow about the door panel and see if they'll take pity on me.

I believe they're moving away from the E300/E400 wagons and only going to the E450 lifted thing unfortunately. As far as I'm aware E53 and E63 are still going to be available in wagon (so good).
​​​​​​It's not a pity thing, they have to fix it in the US. For a vehicle to be certified as pre-owned by Mercedes-Benz, it must pass the thorough inspection and any issues must be fixed before it can be sold as a CPO vehicle.
99 rs (Today)
Old Today, 05:18 AM

Received 223 Likes on 165 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
I saw Canada, eh. Never seen one of those in the US. Beautiful car.
99 rs (Today)
Old Today, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 720 Likes on 692 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi @99 rs and welcome to the family! Thanks for the intro and all those pics of your beautiful wagon. Looks fantastic. Congratulations
99 rs (Today)