Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Anyone have CLK (W209) w/ Brabus suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320
Anyone have CLK (W209) w/ Brabus suspension?

I'm looking at turning my CLK into a Brabus CLK but thought I would ask your comments on their ride quality, reputation, and service. I like the stock ride of my CLK with 17's and I know that putting 19's will lose somewhat of the ride quality but will it be that much different? I'm thinking of putting the whole Brabus suspension with 19's on my CLK and I still want to feel like I'm riding in a Mercedes and not a Civic. Comments?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Lightbulb Well, I can't comment on the Brabus suspension...

Originally Posted by MothXz
I'm looking at turning my CLK into a Brabus CLK but thought I would ask your comments on their ride quality, reputation, and service. I like the stock ride of my CLK with 17's and I know that putting 19's will lose somewhat of the ride quality but will it be that much different? I'm thinking of putting the whole Brabus suspension with 19's on my CLK and I still want to feel like I'm riding in a Mercedes and not a Civic. Comments?

But I will remark that I have the Brabus K8 front bumper cover, and it came finished very poorly. The bodyshop that installed it, which has done a few Brabus cars remarked that it's pretty common with Brabus...

Obviously this has NOTHING to do with suspension, but I stil felt as if you should know, as I'm now a little suspicous of Brabus quality, especially considering how expensive Brabus pieces are! The other fly in the ointment is how expensive engine mods are. I don't know which CLK you have, but for the CLK55, the only option is the $32,000 6.1 liter upgrade!!

Don't get me wrong, I still love Brabus, and if money were no object I'd still do a complete Brabus conversion, but I do believe that there are less expensive alternatives out there... And so far, all I have is the front bumper cover and a set of Style VI wheels...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
I put 19" Brabus type V reps on my car as soon as I got it, and got the Brabus springs a couple of months later. The ride height, I think, was perfect, but the ride did feel a bit more stiff. A few weeks ago, I went with 18" wheels instead, and wow, what a difference. It feels like a luxury car again. The sidewall I had to use with 19" wheels was just too small. I felt every little bump in the road. I just got my 19" wheels all fixed up, refinished, etc., and I'll be selling them here, with Brabus caps and spacers. I just found out that my front bumper has two cracks in it, on the lower section, from backing up from a parking space and rubbing on one of those concrete blocks. I'm going to try to get my insurance company give me a check for a new one, and get a Brabus front bumper... but as an FYI, when you lower your car, watch out for those stupid things.

Originally Posted by MothXz
Old 04-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
How about this kit?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...id=20#M1299060
Old 04-03-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Go Kleemann

Look at Kleemann. The quality is there and not as expensive as Brabus or Renntech. You will be very happy. I am.

www.kleemannusa.com
Old 04-08-2005, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
Originally Posted by rgiorgio
Look at Kleemann. The quality is there and not as expensive as Brabus or Renntech. You will be very happy. I am.

www.kleemannusa.com

I'm thinking about the Kleemann speed suspension. Can you provide some details of your experience with it? Pics if possible.
Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Here are a couple pictures of my car from when I got it and initially had Brabus springs and 18" MB VI wheels

And more recently, PSS-9 coilovers and 19" Kleemann TS-6

Old 04-12-2005, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus makes one of the most comfortable suspension upgrade in the market. Do a search and look for a member by the name of "JAY500", he has a full Brabus car (bodykit + wheels + exhaust + suspension). Or e-mail him for his testimonials.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I actually host Jay's pics on my site: http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/jay500.htm
Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM

How did Jay attach the Brabus B emblem on his hood? I have gone to numerous bodyshops and none of them knew how to do it unless I drill a hole into the hood which I am not going to do.

Btw, I have H&R spring on my stock suspension. It rides good! Don't cut the springs or else you will be riding like hell. If i were you, i'll get coilover
Old 05-05-2005, 05:28 PM

2004 CLK55
I just upgraded with a Brabus Lowered Suspension kit for my 2004 CLK55. The drop was about 1" and looks great. I have 19" SSR GT3, Satin finish wheels. The ride is better than stock below 30 mph. Haven't tried to see how much better cornering is, but the car feels like it it on rails.