Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

WARNING!!! AVOID SPEED TUNING USA SPEEDTUNINGUSA.COM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
WARNING!!! AVOID SPEED TUNING USA SPEEDTUNINGUSA.COM

UPDATE: ORIGINAL THREAD:https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...-w210-e55.html
After purchasing a used matching ECU I had to get the new ECU to be programed with my VIN number in order to operate:
I have talked to OLiver at speed tuning and he said that that should be no problem
I sent my new (used) ECU and the original one in to SPEED Tuning USA and dealt with guys named OLIVER www.speedtuningusa.com
this guys made promised that he could either fix the original ECU or have vin information swapped from original one into the new one.
DO NOT DEAL WITH SPEED TUNING USA!!!!
First time I got the ECU back there was no change to either ECU's , problem still existed on the original one and new one would not start the car so i filed a charge-back with paypal and received money back,
Oliver called me right away and he said that he switched a wrong chip and he can do it right this time, so i trusted the guy and send both units back for another try: When it was time to get ECU's back OLIVER called me and said they would not accept credit cards this time but only Western Union or money order, so I had no choice and even after talking to their so called manager (Jenifer) with no help had to pay with a Money order which was a red flag there. Received both ECU's back , this time my new one would start the car but there was no gas input and the original one would not work at all. So once again I call and complain to the manager she promises that she will take care of it. Talked to Oliver and he said that my Used ECU is probably not working. So I sent the ECU'S now for the 3rd time. Oliver had the Nerve to try and charge me for shipping ECU's back. This time thank God my old one works but with no change and new one is back to not starting the vehicle. This time Oliver tells me that he doesn't have the right connectors to read the chips in my computer and that there is nothing that he can do
Im out $450 and now the "manager" Jenifer (If she is a manager) will not return my calls. I have left her numerous voice mails.
Avoid Speed Tuning USA!!!!!

Last edited by amgalex; 05-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
interesting this guy is loved in w209 forums. plenty of satisfied customers there, allthough all he did was ecu tuning.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I had no problems?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E300 OM606.962
Horrible Speedtuning USA Experience

I'll have to second AMGAlex's message here as I'm experiencing the wrath of Speedtuning USA, and Jennifer Bentson myself:

https://mbworld.org/forums/performan...-resolved.html

AMGAlex PM me for a link to Speedtuning's registration with the Maryland secretary of state in case you need to know who to serve hearing papers to.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 PM

06 slk55 56 190sl
Same here. I have looked into these guys and have heard mixed opinions about them, but mostly good.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got mine a while back.....I really don't see a difference but I am going to a shop this weekend to run a dyno, so I will see if it actually worked or not
Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 PM

06 slk55 56 190sl
Originally Posted by djrabbi
I got mine a while back.....I really don't see a difference but I am going to a shop this weekend to run a dyno, so I will see if it actually worked or not
Post your results. Very interested to find out what happened since I am looking for a good tuner.
Thank you.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:46 AM

1999 mercedes w210
Speedtuning is a scam

About two months ago I paid 275 usd and sent out my 1999 mercedes e320 ecu to be tuned. I also bought a plethora of other parts for my car.. Such as brakes/speakers/subs/amps/ cold air intake and other things. Upon getting it back I put it in my car and tried turning the key and it started once and died. And then turning the key did nothing. After multiple conversations with Oliver, I sent it back, I paid shipping to him and he paid it back. Two weeks go by and I get it back again. Same problem. So I send it out a third time. He says that he can't read the computer now and that I need a new ecu, which he says he can get for me and that he can clone it so it'll work in my car and I'll have the tune too, no problem and get it back to me within two weeks. A month goes by and I finally just received the "finished product" back. Over the past month they have no responded to a single email, and have answered my phone call just a single time to tell me that they received the payment for the new ecu. (He actually told me the ecu was all set and ready to go whenever I sent the money via PayPal (150 usd) .. Which proved to be a lie when he called me and said that he has to set it up still.) anyways... He sent me THE WRONG ecu back. I sent him the two parts bolted together, he sent me back a smaller ecu, and only one of the two parts. I'm beyond pissed. I'm suing this company.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 PM

99 E300
Ugh. Wish I had found this thread before I got involved with these guys. I found several positive experiences with OM606 diesel tuning posted around the web, soI gave these guys a try with my 99 E300. I'm already regretting this.

Kind of in a bit of an interesting bind here: Pulled my DME out on Tues to send off to Oliver at SpeedTuningUSA for their Stage 2 flash with EGR kill. They got my DME the next day, flashed it, and sent it back. I got it back today, and popped it back into the car.

Immediately, I had CHECK ENGINE and ASR/ BAS lights illuminated. I called Oliver up, and he said that I probably had a bad connection on one of the ASR/ ABS module plugs, so I checked those 2 or 3 times, and still had the issue.

I then ran down to my friend's shop in town, and had them hook up the STAR computer and figure out what was really going on. They pulled a "CAN communication with the engine system is faulty. The coding of the series or engine type is incorrect" error.

I got Oliver on the phone with the tech there, and those two had a chat, and then I had a little chat with Oliver. Apparently, when he flashed my DME, he wiped all the coding data from it. There's no way for the tech to re-code the module to the car.

Oliver is out until next Tuesday apparently, so he said just get him the DME back to him on Tuesday and he will re-flash it back to stock, and hopefully that puts all the coding back in, and then we'd see where we were at.

Nevermind the headache and downtime with the car, but now I'm going to be out an additional $150 in FedEx charges for this thing to make another round trip to SpeedTuning, and I'm also out the minimal (they spent way more than 30 min on this) $75 that I got charged to diagnose this today.

As I understand it, if the worst outcome possible here plays out, I'll need a new DME, at around $1000, and to have it coded to the car.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:55 PM

Mercedes Sprinter 316 CDI
AVOID OILVER SPEED TUNING USA HE IS A CROOK THIEF

[QUOTE=amgalex;4692875]UPDATE: ORIGINAL THREAD:https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...-w210-e55.html
After purchasing a used matching ECU I had to get the new ECU to be programed with my VIN number in order to operate:
I have talked to OLiver at speed tuning and he said that that should be no problem
I sent my new (used) ECU and the original one in to SPEED Tuning USA and dealt with guys named OLIVER www.speedtuningusa.com
this guys made promised that he could either fix the original ECU or have vin information swapped from original one into the new one.
DO NOT DEAL WITH SPEED TUNING USA!!!!
First time I got the ECU back there was no change to either ECU's , problem still existed on the original one and new one would not start the car so i filed a charge-back with paypal and received money back,
Oliver called me right away and he said that he switched a wrong chip and he can do it right this time, so i trusted the guy and send both units back for another try: When it was time to get ECU's back OLIVER called me and said they would not accept credit cards this time but only Western Union or money order, so I had no choice and even after talking to their so called manager (Jenifer) with no help had to pay with a Money order which was a red flag there. Received both ECU's back , this time my new one would start the car but there was no gas input and the original one would not work at all. So once again I call and complain to the manager she promises that she will take care of it. Talked to Oliver and he said that my Used ECU is probably not working. So I sent the ECU'S now for the 3rd time. Oliver had the Nerve to try and charge me for shipping ECU's back. This time thank God my old one works but with no change and new one is back to not starting the vehicle. This time Oliver tells me that he doesn't have the right connectors to read the chips in my computer and that there is nothing that he can do
Im out $450 and now the "manager" Jenifer (If she is a manager) will not return my calls. I have left her numerous voice mails.
Avoid Speed Tuning USA!!!!![

wow that is so sad

Last edited by King Hammurabi; 02-04-2016 at 06:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
fish_ (04-13-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I deal with him all the time..... no issues.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:04 PM

Mercedes Sprinter 316 CDI
Just wondering Does he really have the technology to take speed limiter off ?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mine was off via tune...
Old 02-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
There is just too many complaints about this outfit. Good judgment says go elsewhere. I will do just that.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:06 AM

w204
speedtunigusa is good man!!
never problem with me
Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 AM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
Any vendor asking for a money order is a red flag. Run!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s
The only reason they probably didn't accept PayPal anymore was because they didn't want you to charge back the money lol. Because they knew that they were not doing what was advertised or told. Sorry to hear that dude, will totally take consideration.