S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Tinted Tailight pullover NJ state police!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
Tinted Tailight pullover NJ state police!!

was driving home on the parkway in nj when i passed state police watching for speeders. i was driving the limit and taught nothing of it until about 2 miles down the road i could see those crown vic lights closing in on my rear fast.

i was pulled over and was told that my rear lights werent bright enough and illegal. I told the officer a bs story how thats how the car comes from the factory and nothing i could do about it, i showed him some of my pba cards and he let me off with a warning.

nice guys...but where can i buy brighter taillight bulbs??
Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 AM

2007 S550
First this cop obviously has a stick up his a$$ and secondly try discount/autozone/napa not sure if you have same in Northeast but they should lead you in the right direction without having to wait a week from ebay. Who knows when Officer Do Good will be lurking again you know
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
"Officer Do Good" is trying to keep people from running into S5LorinserF1's *** on some dark and stormy night. At least S5 seems to realize that. Some "mods" aren't legal, for good reason.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
I'm interested in knowing how many of you guys have been stopped in your MB? I was just followed and pulled over the other day. (to check my reg. and tags) I was extremely polite and jovial, (yet advised the officer that she was pushing the line for traffic stop) but urked at the same time. My license plate says LAWYER on it, and I just took it as maybe the officer didn't like lawyers......lol. I'd hate to think anything otherwise although I have an inkling for what the underlying reason may have been
Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Yesterday I found out that I can turn my ESP off on my car. OMG when I mashed the pedal i had nothing but tires marks left on the road and car sideways up to 30 mph.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500
Originally Posted by trudawg
I'm interested in knowing how many of you guys have been stopped in your MB? I was just followed and pulled over the other day. (to check my reg. and tags) I was extremely polite and jovial, (yet advised the officer that she was pushing the line for traffic stop) but urked at the same time. My license plate says LAWYER on it, and I just took it as maybe the officer didn't like lawyers......lol. I'd hate to think anything otherwise although I have an inkling for what the underlying reason may have been

Hmmmm I wonder why lol, I always get the....."Who's car are you driving? What is it that you do".......but oh well its the way of the world. I'm just nice about it and keep it moving.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by Gondon
Yesterday I found out that I can turn my ESP off on my car. OMG when I mashed the pedal i had nothing but tires marks left on the road and car sideways up to 30 mph.
maybe a dumb question.............but...........what is ESP??
Old 02-06-2009, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Are you joking?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have not been stopped in my Benz. My wife has been stopped many times (28 by count) in one particular area of Florida for Driving While Black. This was despite being on cruise control, set 5 mph below the speed limit, and being in the right lane of the interstate. They always asked to search her car (on my advice, she always said NO); one state trooper told her he'd had a report of a stolen car that looked just like hers (I called the Battalion Commander, and there was no such stolen car report). Another said a tail light was out - but mysteriously when she got out to look at it, it was working. Despite being a commissioned officer in the Air Force, with military stickers prominently displayed on the windshield, she was presumed to be running drugs if she drove a nice car (a Lincoln Town Car in this case).

We have not had that kind of problem in our current part of the state; the problem was principally on I-95 and I-4 near Brevard County. Yes, I was way more than ready to sue; she did not want to.

Last edited by Skylaw; 02-06-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I've never gotten pulled over in either MB that I've owned. I guess I have that "rich white boy" look about me.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Are you joking?
LOL, NO i'm not joking
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by Skylaw
I have not been stopped in my Benz. My wife has been stopped many times (28 by count) in one particular area of Florida for Driving While Black. This was despite being on cruise control, set 5 mph below the speed limit, and being in the right lane of the interstate. They always asked to search her car (on my advice, she always said NO); one state trooper told her he'd had a report of a stolen car that looked just like hers (I called the Battalion Commander, and there was no such stolen car report). Another said a tail light was out - but mysteriously when she got out to look at it, it was working. Despite being a commissioned officer in the Air Force, with military stickers prominently displayed on the windshield, she was presumed to be running drugs if she drove a nice car (a Lincoln Town Car in this case).

We have not had that kind of problem in our current part of the state; the problem was principally on I-95 and I-4 near Brevard County. Yes, I was way more than ready to sue; she did not want to.

WOW, but unfortunately I'm not suprised. I have been pulled over no less than 100 times in the last 16 years. As a youth I was always attracted to the "gangster" looking cars, and I'm sure that attributed to it, that and living in a prodomantly anglo community with a large tax base, which in turn accounted for large police force with not much to do....lol
Unfortunately its' a fact that we deal with, but I do indeed know my rights, and I have to say it was partly that reason that inspired me to get into law.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL, NO i'm not joking
Electronic Stability Program. Pretty well discussed in the owner's manual.

And the 28 times my wife was pulled over occurred in an 18 month period; and she was never cited or even warned of a traffic violation. I am white, drove a nice car as well, and was never pulled over.

Last edited by Skylaw; 02-06-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Electronc Stability Program. It takes over when you act like a a$$
Old 02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Skylaw
This was despite being on cruise control, set 5 mph below the speed limit, and being in the right lane of the interstate.

to be honest, anyone not 80 years old going BELOW the speed limit in FL would make me suspicious too, regardless of color...! The only people being that cautious are usually the ones who really don't want to get pulled over and searched!
But yeah, that would definitely suck if it happened consistently and for no reason.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Electronc Stability Program. It takes over when you act like a a$$
how do you turn it off?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
how do you turn it off?
one click u done
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW F02 (750Li) F10 (550i)
how do you turn it off?
what do you have an S430? If so maybe only on wet you could play with it !!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM

Location: Alabama gulf coast, formerly Charlottesville, Virginia
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 W220 (S430), 2001 R129 (SL500 Sport)
how do you turn it off?
Call it a cheap Ho and don't buy it dinner.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
had mine about 8 months and have been pulled over 4 times?

one...thought i was driving intoxicated? and swerving? really? this was an extremely busy road...rt. 44 in ct..any northeasterners/ct'ers...and if i was swerving, i would have certainly been hit on my left AND right...anyways...he knew i hadnt had a drink and asked for my license and reg. told him my license was in my trunk...gave me a ticket for not having my license...we were .3miles away from the police dpt. went to the dpt. 7min later and asked for a Time/Date stamp, or an equivalent and got a NASTY attitude. made it seem like there was nothing that could be done. met with 2 sergents. First one was a total fool...who actually got in trouble for some anti-obama e-mails...second one was alright but still didnt do much.

that just got nollied or however you spell it, last week.

i get pulled over for stupid stuff and am asked whos car this is, where im going, where im from, etc.

SkyLaw...the driving while black thing...a lot of ppl say its BS and whatnot. I know thats why i have been stopped and i know thats why i get the attitudes i get...

its probably due to our cars too...idk its annoying...same prob in all my benz's

just gotta keep it movin'

its so stupid
Old 02-07-2009, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 4matic
SkyLaw...the driving while black thing...a lot of ppl say its BS and whatnot. I know thats why i have been stopped and i know thats why i get the attitudes i get...
I used to think it was BS too, until my wife's experiences. She also had a major department store in Baltimore refuse to sell her a $10,000 silver service that was on sale for $6300; told her it wasn't on sale, until she went home and got the printed ad and shoved it under their noses. Then, when she tried to pick the set up at UPS when it came in, the UPS clerk accused her of trying to steal it when she presented the notification of attempted delivery, and called the police. The cop who responded then accused her of having a fake military ID, despite the picture being a very good likeness - and her hairstyle was exactly as it was pictured. Idiot. Guess he couldn't accept that a black woman would be a Lieutenant Colonel (she retired as a full Colonel), let alone have paid for a nice set of sterling dinnerware.

Like the desk sergeant, I am not an Obama supporter myself - but it's because of his politics, not his racial identity. However, I have learned that a lot of what I used to believe to be BS in terms of treatment of blacks is very sadly true.

Last edited by Skylaw; 02-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:28 PM

2007 S550
+1 to all of you who understand the plight. I feel sorry for all who experience this. It's amazing how some people refuse to accept the fact the DWB is alive and well. Skylaw sorry about what your wife experiences but some people think that if you drive a nice car you automatically sell drugs but if you wear your pants down low you're a thug and if you must be like what's portrayed on the rap songs (fyi 90% of their lyrics are fake)
Old 02-07-2009, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
I was asked to step out of my car once by a woman police officer who searched the car and patted me down.

She told me afterwards that I looked like an honest person but there were a lot of drug-dealing reports from that area. I told her that I was a telecommunications engineer and knew nothing about drugs. She told me to leave and not come back.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
I was asked to step out of my car once by a woman police officer who searched the car and patted me down.

She told me afterwards that I looked like an honest person but there were a lot of drug-dealing reports from that area. I told her that I was a telecommunications engineer and knew nothing about drugs. She told me to leave and not come back.

Damn your Sig is fire !!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM

15' W222

What kind of telecommunications do you do? I worked on Nortel platforms for years. Good money and good field to be in. .......i know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinted Tailight pullover NJ state police!!