S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Complete Nightmare Effect Of Drinking And Driving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2000 S430, 1999 E 320, 2 K5 blazers,
You are guys are pretty harsh we all make stupid mistakes, and its not like he is saying that it is okay to drive drunk, and hell he said pretty much everything that you all have said. No reason for name calling or keep putting him down over and over..

okay i said my peace let the name calling resume....
Old 06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by ebolick
You are guys are pretty harsh we all make stupid mistakes, and its not like he is saying that it is okay to drive drunk, and hell he said pretty much everything that you all have said. No reason for name calling or keep putting him down over and over..

okay i said my peace let the name calling resume....
what if instead of the curb, he hit a car containing your family.

would you be so forgiving?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 PM

would it change the outcome if he would have? no it would not would, but i dont think slamming a guy over and over when he has already said the same thing is pointless. We are all adults here and should act like it.

Ask me do i think it is right what he did no, does he think it was right no as he stated. i truly believe that he posted it for everyone to say hey dont drink and drive because this is what happend to him.

but bashing someone over and over is pointless. at least he admited making a mistake and then owning up to it so he and others can learn is the right thing to do.

you may not agree Oliver but that is your right, i choose to take a different view of it.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
We have our experiences which contribute to our understanding of this situation and our reasoning regarding it.... but thanks for bringing this out to the community and putting yourself on the spot, I hope it can be an example to prevent this from happening with other drivers reading this post... me personally I had to go thru 2 different cars, which were totalled b/c of drunk drivers. I work with DWI community and help them get their licenses back and recover for the mistakes they're made. Recently, in my neighborhood, a 15 yr.old guy driving a CL under influence of drugs and alcohol crashed on a notorious intersection into a car full of people, leaving several dead, and children with no parents to take care of them. He is in jail for vehicular manslaughter. I hope that we can work together to significantly reduce the impact on our lives and safety caused by irresponsible drivers. Good luck, and always look before crossing. My mom saw a woman fly 5 stories in the air after being struck on a side walk in the middle of broad day light on Queens blvd (the boulevard of death they call it) No matter if its a drunk behind the wheel or a looser, a car may be very dangerous killing machine. Watch out for your lives guys.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
would it change the outcome if he would have? no it would not would, but i dont think slamming a guy over and over when he has already said the same thing is pointless. We are all adults here and should act like it.

Ask me do i think it is right what he did no, does he think it was right no as he stated. i truly believe that he posted it for everyone to say hey dont drink and drive because this is what happend to him.

but bashing someone over and over is pointless. at least he admited making a mistake and then owning up to it so he and others can learn is the right thing to do.

you may not agree Oliver but that is your right, i choose to take a different view of it.
thanks for the comment...i was just giving some bad experience, and the incident cost me 3k in repairs.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
majority of us have done it, just didn't get caught or get into an accident. Only a hypocrite would judge someone for something they've undoubtedly done before.
Bottom line is don't do it again EVER!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM

lol. so what was the fan noise your suspension was making?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500
Originally Posted by trudawg
majority of us have done it, just didn't get caught or get into an accident. Only a hypocrite would judge someone for something they've undoubtedly done before.
Bottom line is don't do it again EVER!
+1
Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
01 s600
come now, thats enough... like he up there said, everyone "or at least most of us " have done it, some get caught, some get away, and some cause incidents. its just the luck you have. do I condemn it NO. but hes obliviously man enough to post what he did in a public forum, meaning hes man enough to hear your guys bs, leave him alone, he knows what he did was wrong and forget about it. now if someone can help him figure out whats wrong with his w220 please do
" thats what this forum is for not an AA club..

my 2 cents
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
sounds like we got a bunch of drunk driving *******s on here.

I for one have never driven drunk. If I intend to pilot a 3000+lb piece of steel you better believe im confident that I am not inebriated.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Oliverk
sounds like we got a bunch of drunk driving *******s on here.

I for one have never driven drunk. If I intend to pilot a 3000+lb piece of steel you better believe im confident that I am not inebriated.

No it just sounds like a bunch of useless internet rants. Yes he did wrong, yes he could've killed someone. Are all the negative useless replies helping change that.. NO.

If you really want to do something about it go break his legs, or become a cop and catch him driving drunk again, or just join Mothers against drunk driving.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Oliver your post do not deserve comments however out of respect for everyone I must ask you to please stop the name calling, we are all adults here please act like it.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Plenty of members on this forum are CHP/& your openly admitted guilt is written waiting for authorities to run your IP address & press full charges, which you indeed deserve!

Driving under influence is just stupid, driving while passing-out/black-out DRUNK then posting about it = GALACTICALLY STUPID. wait for the knock @ your door/office/home they're coming...

Originally Posted by S500 Man
I went out saturday night got too drunk, blacked out, hit a curb taking a turn with both front and rear wheels, completely threw off my alignment, now suspension in rear is sagging, my passenger side wheels are both messed up and scratched and bent, and the guy at the alignment says my rear knuckle and bearing are both messed up, im taking it to dealer to get it inspected cause i suspect other things are wrong, i also hear a very loud fan like noise coming from suspension. what else do you guys think might be wrong, also alignment is way off steering wheel all the way to left car pulls to the right!!!!!!DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!luckily i didnt get a DUI or kill someone or myself!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Thericker
Plenty of members on this forum are CHP/& your openly admitted guilt is written waiting for authorities to run your IP address & press full charges, which you indeed deserve!

Driving under influence is just stupid, driving while passing-out/black-out DRUNK then posting about it = GALACTICALLY STUPID. wait for the knock @ your door/office/home they're coming...
Oh please, writing that you are drunk is NOT a crimanal offense. People say all sorts of stupid things and do not go to jail for it on the internet my friend. Could he be investigated sure, arrested NOT until proven guilty. As I stated above, YES it was VERY stupid of him to do it. And YES hopefully he learns a lesson from it. Enough is enough, people make mistakes, it is what they do AFTER the mistake that defines them.

To quote a proverb "Let he that live in a glass house cast the first stone" Okay, enough BS, NO one here is perfect. But what defines us is the capacity to learn.

Carry on

See yeah

Last edited by MRAMG1; 06-26-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Oliver your post do not deserve comments however out of respect for everyone I must ask you to please stop the name calling, we are all adults here please act like it.
adults act responsibly. Adults do not drive drunk. If my swearing (which gets *'ed out anyway) offends you more than someone driving while BLACKED OUT DRUNK, then I give up on humanity.

If my language offends you, then don't read my posts.

suggesting that I need to act like an adult is laughable given the context of this thread.

let me ask you this;

Have you gotten a DUI/DWI? It certainly sounds that way.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 PM

W220
Originally Posted by Oliverk
adults act responsibly. Adults do not drive drunk. If my swearing (which gets *'ed out anyway) offends you more than someone driving while BLACKED OUT DRUNK, then I give up on humanity.

If my language offends you, then don't read my posts.

suggesting that I need to act like an adult is laughable given the context of this thread.

let me ask you this;

Have you gotten a DUI/DWI? It certainly sounds that way.
Gentlemen,
Do not be alarmed by Oliver's response. He is absolutely right. He is a positive example to all of us. I absolutely agree.... a responsible driver will not drink and drive. And there is no excuse to do so... it does not matter how much you drank or how well you may control yourself. Some people may drink and drive through the entirety of their lives and never get caught, but the fact is that if we do get arrested for such a charge, it is most likely that we have done it several times before. How often have you been stopped by a cop for no reason? (excluding checkpoints) No matter who you are or how much you have been drinking, once you get pulled over and blow a positive, it doesn't matter how responsible or tolerant to alcohol we are... we all go through the same system....
Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
01 s600
Originally Posted by Thericker

LOLLOLOLLMAO
this is a keeper " Classic Post"
jhahahaah
Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by zarko
LOLLOLOLLMAO
jhahahaah
Think it's funny? Clown admits he was Black-Out Drunk, had an accident etc... Guys have been prosecuted for Speeding/Kill stories trust me this 1's a doozy!

I have a friend that was involved in Street Racing heavily, he got into an accident (no fatalities but injuries were involved in the car he was racing against) somehow info was leaked on his Internet prowess, the DA used his Street Racing Internet posts/threads to fortify case against him. Currently serving 3 yr stretch...Believe it!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
can someone close this post please, its obviously not getting anywhere thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
I don't know what you intended to "get" out of this post.

Calling $3k worth of suspension damage a nightmare is pretty silly, and if it took this event to give you an epiphany that drunken driving is absolutely moronic, then you shouldn't have even had a license to begin with.

If you wanted help with your suspension issues, you should have stuck to that.

If you wanted to enlighten us about how dangerous drunk driving is, well most people already know that.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Is the story real? The author has 2 post of the 44. Are the replies part of someone's research project? The age group of mbworld has the highest rate of driving fatalities, and most of them had drivers under the influence. Is somebody just looking for reactions from peers?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:06 AM

2000 Mercedes Benz S500 Designo
I did this to my lexus BUT WAS NOT DRUNK and yeah blew out two tires and threw off the alignment, and had that fan like noise from the suspension, still waiting to see what it is.

DONT EVER DRINK AND DRIVE, or be distracted and drive. Just think what wouldve happened if you had killed someone or made them a vegetable for the rest of their life...
Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 AM

s-class
3k holly crap!

thats a pricey mistake ..
Old 06-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
Originally Posted by zarko
LOLLOLOLLMAO
jhahahaah

LOL, yea that one was a lil over the top
Old 06-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 s500 sport package

+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Complete Nightmare Effect Of Drinking And Driving!