S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Lorinser spoiler installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorinser spoiler installed.

Just had a chance to install this spoiler. Its actually a Lorinser style spoiler but the paint job on it was excellent.
enjoy.
[/IMG]

Last edited by stardoc; 10-17-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:57 AM

CLK500 2003, S 600 Model 2007
Sorry. I don't fall in love with this or any other spoiler for the 221 class. Just like it clean.

Last edited by aschb; 10-17-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Clean look is fine. But I'm not so sure about that Chris Bangle ala BMW 7er butt.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by stardoc
Clean look is fine. But I'm not so sure about that Chris Bangle ala BMW 7er butt.
I am afraid I agree with aschb on the clean look. The rear of the car flows from the roof down over the trunk and blends with the tail light lines to the lower rear. The spoiler if anything breaks that flow and creates a "Bangle Butt" effect itself, squaring it off. I have had comments about the rear end, one from a M6 convertible owner who indicated to me that the rear looked like a Maybach.

But individual style rules and I am sure you are pleased with it.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:18 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Originally Posted by stardoc
Just had a chance to install this spoiler. Its actually a Lorinser style spoiler but the paint job on it was excellent.
enjoy.
I love this car in Iridium Silver. I'm picking mine up Tuesday or Wedneday. It has Black leather interior and the AMG Sport package too. I just made a HUGE switch in my garage. I sold both my Lambos because I wasn't hardly driving them at all. I then picked up an 07 SL550 in Pewter with Stone(?) interior.

I figure I'll be able to drive these two all year round where I wouldn't with the Lambos because I was so protective of them. I wouldn't even let them see rain! So far I love the SL550 and am looking forward to the S550.

Like your car but the spoiler..... not sure. But then again..... that's why they make cars in different colors, styles and interiors. If you like the spoiler on it, that's all that matters! Enjoy your new car. I hope that I will too! Magwheel
Old 10-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by magwheel
I love this car in Iridium Silver. I'm picking mine up Tuesday or Wedneday. It has Black leather interior and the AMG Sport package too. I just made a HUGE switch in my garage. I sold both my Lambos because I wasn't hardly driving them at all. I then picked up an 07 SL550 in Pewter with Stone(?) interior.

I figure I'll be able to drive these two all year round where I wouldn't with the Lambos because I was so protective of them. I wouldn't even let them see rain! So far I love the SL550 and am looking forward to the S550.

Like your car but the spoiler..... not sure. But then again..... that's why they make cars in different colors, styles and interiors. If you like the spoiler on it, that's all that matters! Enjoy your new car. I hope that I will too! Magwheel
I swear that I am not asking this to be a pain in the a$$.... but i was just wondering how come you went for an SL550 and S550 when you have all those AMAZING exotics. Surely you did not go to the dealership with a budget, if i had that kinda funding, id go for an S600 or S65 (or SL600 / SL 65)

Just wondering.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
that garage makes no sense....anyways, i love the look of the spoiler. Who did the install and how simple was it? Im curious as to how the spoiler will "flow" with the butt with the pano roof.

T

Trending Topics

Old 10-23-2006, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chucky300
I swear that I am not asking this to be a pain in the a$$.... but i was just wondering how come you went for an SL550 and S550 when you have all those AMAZING exotics. Surely you did not go to the dealership with a budget, if i had that kinda funding, id go for an S600 or S65 (or SL600 / SL 65)

Just wondering.
Well...... I figure I have enough go fast cars so why spend the money on two cars I really have no intention of hot-rodding. Besides, I had a V-12 BMW years ago and like I read in a recent article, V-12 cars tend to be a little nose heavy and don't have the handling a V-8 car does.

I guess most people wouldn't understand why I would get rid of a 2005 Gallardo and a 2006 Murcielago, but they had only 970 miles after a year and 450 miles after 6 months, (respectively), so it proves I really wasn't driving them very much and they were spending a lot of time on Battery Tenders.

I was over-carred! Having them is fantastic but having them and not driving them is kinda dumb..... wouldn't you agree? Besides, with the remaining cars, it's not like I hurting for something 'wild and crazy' to drive! Magwheel
Old 10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by magwheel

You do realize that such purchases will require plenty of pics to be posted here right? Pics are a must!

M
Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Yeah I'd have to say that the spoiler is totally out of place here. The S-Class either has a full AMG treatment or it goes bare. The design is so concise to begin with that any modifications look out of place. The AMG kit is the only exception to this. That little spoiler akin to a pimple on a beautiful face, IMO.

M
Old 10-23-2006, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
WHat i dont understand about your garage is why you would have a 997 Turbo AND a CGT. If you dont post pics it wont be considered true anyway, so my "understanding" of your garage is moot.

T
Old 10-23-2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
WHat i dont understand about your garage is why you would have a 997 Turbo AND a CGT. If you dont post pics it wont be considered true anyway, so my "understanding" of your garage is moot.

T
Well apparently WHAT you don't 'understand' is the difference between a '997 Turbo' and a 'Carrrera GT'. They are essentially 2 different cars. One is considered a 'daily' driveable car while the other is considered 'a wolf is sheep's clothing' race car for the street since I believe Porsche originally intended the CGT to be used at LeMans and then changed their mind for some reason.

And.... since you seem to appear to be a 'Duke of Doubt', if you can take the time away from your practice (you are a Doctor... aren't you?), may I suggest you read this following thread I started March 18th of this year on JabbasWorld. I've been doubted before so it's no big deal. It must be miserable not to have faith in your fellow man! I think being approximately 500 hits shy of 70,000 hits in 8 months, there is apparently a few people out there that think I'm legit.

http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic.php?t=37585

If you don't mind, I'll post the pics of the SL550 and S550 when the S550 arrives hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday from Columbus. Besides, we've been having cloudy skies and rain here in Northeastern Ohio for the last several days and I really don't want pics of those cars in the rain...... or don't you believe that either?

Sorry for maybe being a 'smart ***' but your sarcasm really isn't appreciated! Magwheel

Last edited by magwheel; 10-23-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
I wasnt trying to be sarcastic....sorry if it seemed that way. I was indirectly challenging you to post pics like another member had done, but i dont think you replied. I put "understanding " in quotes because it was my ignorance to why you had those 2 cars....not really an understanding.

I guess it worked.

T
Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
He's posted pics in the McLaren forum as well, when people asked for them nicely in the thread about test driving the SLR.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:45 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
I just have to comment because I have been a car aficionado since I was able to bother my dad by telling him every car that passed us on the highway. I agree completely with owning both the 997 and the CGT....the 997 being the daily driver (it is kinda sick that people could consider that a daily driver whereas to most people it is their supercar.....the American dream, I LOVE it). Plus owning an SL550 over an SL65 makes sense too, it is more of a daily driver and although it is an attention getter it isn't the same as having a 65 and as it seems you have plenty of horses in your stable. I often sit and think of dream garages and what would be used when, etc, (you car nuts know what I am talking about) Son of a B$*#%, your garage is almost exactly the same as what I would pick, except a Range Rover S/C (white/ivory/piano) instead of the C. Turbo, it is more luxurious and when you have the real Porsche's I wouldn't get the truck. Also, I like the black CGT. I read your posts on JW and they were very interesting, well done. My dad is in construciton and I only got a Jetta (not complaining I live a more than averagely privileged lifestyle). Sorry to digress...
I like the spoiler but if I were to buy a new S I would go aschb style and have no spoiler and get her debadged.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:07 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I am afraid I agree with aschb on the clean look. The rear of the car flows from the roof down over the trunk and blends with the tail light lines to the lower rear. The spoiler if anything breaks that flow and creates a "Bangle Butt" effect itself, squaring it off. I have had comments about the rear end, one from a M6 convertible owner who indicated to me that the rear looked like a Maybach.

But individual style rules and I am sure you are pleased with it.

I like the clean rear look, as I stated in the post above...I was jw, is there an M6 convert? When I read that I thought about it and couldn't come up with the answer so jw.