S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you guys stop smack talkin & post some real Hacks on this Forum???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
S580, GTC, GL550, NEW S550, S63 (Sold), S550 (Sold), ML350, C230
Unhappy Can you guys stop smack talkin & post some real Hacks on this Forum???

Hello Guys,

While I have been reading the BS thats going on this S-class forum with personal attacks, threats, my dad is a cop & he's going to beat your dad up ****, Armenians, as well as the whole AMG badging thread it really seems that this is a "Fast & Furious" punk crowd. I am just amazed!!!! and pretty dishearten.

Can all you tough guys stop ****ting on each other and figure out some real hacks for this car please!!! Diasble the damn "seatbelt" buzzer, unlock that computer and enable some of that video stuff, etc... I joined this forum for constructive & performance info about the almighty S-Class and have found a bunch of bit^&%s.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 300SEL/S320
Dude! Come over here and say that...yup thats right my Dad and I will beat you up! I'm a real tough guy behind my computer on the other side of the globe.

I'll take you all on!!!!!!

Seriously I would not have posted this, it'll turn into a flame war, if your worried contact the mods.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Yeah, I know!!! However, that seatbelt buzzer is driving me nuts!!!! And all people can write about is non authorized AMG badges.

In fact, does anyone here own an S-class???
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK 320
Originally Posted by reelestates
Yeah, I know!!! However, that seatbelt buzzer is driving me nuts!!!! And all people can write about is non authorized AMG badges.

Excellent question indeed Bravo ...
Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Annoying sealt belt buzzer and even more annoying "don't forget your key" buzzer.#@$%^!

Anyways, interesting forum indeed. There are the smack talkers and then others that believe any mod done on this "already perfect" vehicle is heresy.
Oy vey!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by cracker123
Excellent question indeed Bravo ...
I have a W140, have you ever considered posting on another forum I find benzworld.org to be much better than MB world for all the tech stuff, atleast in the W140 section.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Unhappy That seatbelt buzzer....?

I do! About the 'buzzer', if you wear the dang thing, it won't beep! Or are you insinuating that you don't even value you own life and maybe you're an ex Harley Davidson rider and wearing a seat belt would be as much 'chicken sh_t' as wearing a helmet? Magwheel
p.s. Just jagging you a little. I really don't understand people who won't wear their seat belts!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by magwheel
............. I really don't understand people who won't wear their seat belts!
I agree. When I was in high school (and that was a long time ago), I installed a seat belt in my 57 Chevrolet.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
I do! About the 'buzzer', if you wear the dang thing, it won't beep! Or are you insinuating that you don't even value you own life and maybe you're an ex Harley Davidson rider and wearing a seat belt would be as much 'chicken sh_t' as wearing a helmet? Magwheel
p.s. Just jagging you a little. I really don't understand people who won't wear their seat belts!
I agree with Magwheel. You should always wear your seatbelt for safety reasons. If you had kids, wouldnt you want to set the right example? Seatbelts save lives everyday.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by stardoc
even more annoying "don't forget your key" buzzer.#@$%^!
the bane of my existence -- and still activated on a car with keyless go, where the key never leaves my pocket. there's some room for MB or its dealers to improve the delivery process, that's for sure.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........unlike the E55 forum, many on the S class forum take the position that the car comes perfect from factory and any modification post delivery is sacriligous. Of course this is nonsense, but some will rather suffer through the annoyance because Mercedes Benz said so.

Ted
Old 01-15-2007, 06:36 AM

No where do I advocate the non use of a seatbelt.... I just want the option of disabling the damn buzzer. But that is not the point! The point is that by tradition a forum of this nature is for technical, performance, use, service issues, product issues, tips, tricks, workarounds, manufacturer bashing, etc... and not the all out personal brawls that have taken place here. In fact, in a forum of S-class owners I even expected a bit of decorum and actual networking since most of us S-class owners are mature & successful... even the 21 year olds.

BTW- the S-Class is perfect!!!

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........I keep trying to tell you that if you want to learn how to disable anything in a benz, the S class forum is the wrong place to go. By history, the S class forum is anti modification of any kind. You can see this from the scolding you are getting. There is a technical forum where you may get a better response. As to your opinion about the success and maturity level of S class owners........even if you were right, the S class forum is not restricted to S class owners only. Further, some of the CL55, S55, CLS55, CLs63 etc ownes will prefer to think that they are more successful and mature, yet there is sqabling in those forums as well.

Ted
Old 01-15-2007, 09:40 AM

'03 S55 AMG, '01 CLK55 AMG
Mr

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........I keep trying to tell you that if you want to learn how to disable anything in a benz, the S class forum is the wrong place to go. By history, the S class forum is anti modification of any kind. You can see this from the scolding you are getting. There is a technical forum where you may get a better response. As to your opinion about the success and maturity level of S class owners........even if you were right, the S class forum is not restricted to S class owners only. Further, some of the CL55, S55, CLS55, CLs63 etc ownes will prefer to think that they are more successful and mature, yet there is sqabling in those forums as well.

Ted
I totally agree, go to the E55 Forum to get the information that you are looking for, if it exists.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
IIRC Mbenznl can de-activate the annoying keyless-go reminder, also the seat-belt chime eventually shuts off after a minute or two.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 AM

Bentley Continental GT 2004
Originally Posted by JLP
also the seat-belt chime eventually shuts off after a minute or two.
Don't know about that, but if you do not fasten your belt after the chime starts, in a short a while it becomes increasingly more urgent so I just do it up to keep it quiet. Since I do own one (W221) I will try and leave the belt off just to see if it really snuffs out after long enough.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by hcwong
Don't know about that, but if you do not fasten your belt after the chime starts, in a short a while it becomes increasingly more urgent so I just do it up to keep it quiet. Since I do own one (W221) I will try and leave the belt off just to see if it really snuffs out after long enough.
Why would not wear a belt in the first place?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Harley-Davidson
. . . maybe you're an ex Harley Davidson rider and wearing a seat belt would be as much 'chicken sh_t' as wearing a helmet . . .
This must be the reason.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Hello Guys,

While I have been reading the BS thats going on this S-class forum with personal attacks, threats, my dad is a cop & he's going to beat your dad up ****, Armenians, as well as the whole AMG badging thread it really seems that this is a "Fast & Furious" punk crowd. I am just amazed!!!! and pretty dishearten.

Can all you tough guys stop ****ting on each other and figure out some real hacks for this car please!!! Diasble the damn "seatbelt" buzzer, unlock that computer and enable some of that video stuff, etc... I joined this forum for constructive & performance info about the almighty S-Class and have found a bunch of bit^&%s.

Join the w124 forum, although we're a bunch of clowns we tend to know our ****.

And I agree with you 100%, there is alot of bull**** going on around here.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:24 PM

2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i
why dont you just go to a local dealer and buy a seatbelt bucket? Cause then you dont have that stupid strap going over you, but dont forget 2 of them, because if the passenger isnt in there seatbelt it beeps too.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of neon owners

yeeahhhhh! It is about time someone sound off on this "S" side of the forum. Some of the users/owners here are big cry babies. I don't own an S, but I like to chime in from time to time and it is pretty sad in here at times. The G, CL,CLK side of the forum is nowhere near as b!tchy as the S221 Clan

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 01-17-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Bentley Continental GT 2004
Originally Posted by CakeDaddy
yeeahhhhh! It is about time someone sound off on this "S" side of the forum. Some of the users/owners here are big cry babies. I don't own an S, but I like to chime in from time to time and it is pretty sad in here at times. The G, CL,CLK side of the forum is nowhere near as b!tchy as the S221 Clan
Agreed about the b*tching. And as we can see from some stupid comments above from a kid in New Zealand, the trite and irrelevant comments are not restricted to users/owners.

Many of us here have contributed constructively based on our experience as W221 owners in order for the forum to grow, and don't need a kid with bad English who drives some claptrap jalopy to decide how grown ups behave or lead their lives, much less pile on some pseudo sophisticated sarcasm, so I could not agree more that it can get pretty sad here at times.

Indeed, these are the people who feel compelled to contribute some juvenile response just to get attention and bump up their number of posts. The administrators of this forum may like to consider a self policing mechanism whereby members add/deduct points to other members based on quality of posts. I am sure the improvement in quality of post will be quickly visible, and the number of irrelevant post which do nothing but waste bandwidth will be reduced.

Last edited by hcwong; 01-30-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by hcwong
Indeed, these are the people who feel compelled to contribute some juvenile response just to get attention and bump up their number of posts. The administrators of this forum may like to consider a self policing mechanism whereby members add/deduct points to other members based on quality of posts. I am sure the improvement in quality of post will be quickly visible, and the number of irrelevant post which do nothing but waste bandwidth will be reduced.
Policing is an interesting concept, wonder how often the admin/mods of this forum check up on things.

Over on the Rennlist (Porsche) and E60 M5 boards, the mods seem to take inappropriate or irrrelevant posts pretty seriously and regularly delete or move posts. Of course that creates its own controversies but does seem to maintain the overall decorum of the open format.

I guess it's just too much to ask individual posters to be on their own best behaviours and keep the discussions on track, in the correct tone and leave the personal attacks out?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
You can report a post by clicking on the small triangle in the lower left corner of any post and this will send an instant complaint to mods.

Fighting on the internet.....it's like the special olympics...even if you win you are still retarded.

T