S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

If anyone is after an S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunatly Not A Silver Star
If anyone is after an S550

This is the best looking S550 I have seen, I love the interior !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Merce-rati
for 25gs more u can get a s65
Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
You mean a 2006 S65? Or do you mean a S600?

Because you find me a new 2007 S65 for around 150 grand and I'll have a buyer (my dad )

Anyways, that interior is hot! Can you get that through Designo? Or is it special?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by MrBenz55
This is the best looking S550 I have seen, I love the interior !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND...QQcmdZViewItem
It's a beautiful car. I would have bought it already if it had ABC (I've been checking ebay almost every day)

The listing says it has "every available option." But that appears not to be true, since it doesn't have ABC.

Agreed that for $20k more you could have an S600 instead. The same dealer appears to be selling an S600 for $10k off list. But for some of us, $20k is still a lot of money.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:51 PM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
eddietr,
You're right. I actually e-mailed the guy and his response was ABC is not available on that car. Not exactly true, I've got a mocha designo coming next week with "every" available option, including ABC. I hoped they might edit the listing at the bottom, but I guess not. Oh well, I'm not buying from them anyway, but the listing is mis-leading if you don't know what you're looking for. I would think a dealer of that size wouldn't need to take that approach, but for some of us who know better, .....
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by xraes
eddietr,
You're right. I actually e-mailed the guy and his response was ABC is not available on that car. Not exactly true, I've got a mocha designo coming next week with "every" available option, including ABC. I hoped they might edit the listing at the bottom, but I guess not. Oh well, I'm not buying from them anyway, but the listing is mis-leading if you don't know what you're looking for. I would think a dealer of that size wouldn't need to take that approach, but for some of us who know better, .....
Congrats, the Espresso edition is beautiful. I look forward to seeing your pictures and reading about your impressions of the car next week.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Those seats probably get dirty REAL fast.

Trending Topics

Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Beautiful.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Actually no

Originally Posted by Toog4me
Those seats probably get dirty REAL fast.
I have that interior in my CLS. As long as you don't haul your dog in the car or have an ice cream social with chocolate chocolate chip, the seats wipe clean quite easily.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

If your going to quote me, be accurate xraes

eddietr,
I am the "guy" you refer to in your post. Our answer to you was accurate in that when this car was produced ABC was not available and is still a very random option at this point. I provide a lot of good accurate information on this forum and am far from misleading. I do my best to give accurate information because I see the amount of people who have given some dealer money and are lost in space about the facts on their car.
This hurts the brand and ultimately, me. I'm one of the good guys so before you call bullsh*t on me get your facts straight.

Not sure what dealer you are working with but I ran a National locate on a "every" available option Mocha S550V and there are none coming in next week. Hopefully it's a Euro-Delivery version or a car a dealer has already reported sold to MB.

Thank you,

Greg Weiler
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
eddietr,

Bashing a forum sponsor who has helped many on this board is not a good way to get respect from others on this board.

I also noticed that you have a "loaded" S550 coming in next week in which our sponsoring member did a database search only to find nothing in the system.
And what about the CL63 that you also have on order?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...28#post1931128

I am sure many here may call this as well.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
Some of you guys are way too uptight, and while informative, I assure you, I have far more important issues than worrying about how much respect I garner from a "sponsor" on this website. My question still stands, why not edit the listing, or at least be honest when you responded to my email and just say no, this car doesn't have ABC? I've purchased several cars from my dealer, and sorry, if he says its got ABC, I think I'll take my chances on trusting him instead of you. As far as meegle goes, why in the hell would you care what I do or don't have on order? It's a deposit for the first one my dealer gets, but why you give a crap what I do or don't drive is beyond me. Get a life, and oh by the way, I'll be glad to send you pix. of both cars when I get them, would you like any pix. of my current vehicles? Don't want you to think I'm full of s..t. I couldn't sleep tonight if I didn't think I had your respect!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Gosh, why is everyone so testy?

Greg, I know you've been extremely helpful and have provided lots of great information here, that I've personally benefitted from. So I hope you will take this in the best possible way. You guys have listed that car a couple of times I think on ebay, and I've clicked on it saying "oh, cool, I finally found a g-d damned car!" But only to find out it doesn't have ABC. Maybe you could edit the listing to say "all possible options actually available at the time this car was built" or something like that. I know you want to be as precise as possible.

xraes, I think your post about glauser was a little harsh. The BS flag thing seems to imply that Greg Weiler was somehow deliberately misleading, and I find that impossible to believe.

The real culprit is Mercedes, who seem to think that changing the list of available options from month to month or cycle to cycle without prior notice is OK. I have a slick brochure in front of me right now that talks about all the great features of distronic and abc and drive dynamic seats. What they don't tell you is that your chances of getting everything you want in any given order seems to be about nil.

In my case, my order was finally scheduled today and I find out that "oh by the way, we can't do the drive dynamics this month. Sorry."

Bullsh--! I am not spending $100k and waiting 5 months to have Mercedes tell me they couldn't quite fulfill my order, but they got close.

I found a dealer in CA who actually seems to have well equipped cars in stock. If that doesn't work out by tomorrow, I'll be driving a 750Li (or maybe 760Li ) after all.

Greg, I understand your concern about dealers devaluing the brand. But I would look at Mercedes first, a company that apparently doesn't understand that the word "option" should mean that ordinary mortals with $100k to spend should be able to freely choose any of those "options."

(Like I've said before, Porsche has built me and lots of other people cars in special colors in less time. I went through less hassle getting options from BMW that weren't on the option list or in the brochures)

Last edited by eddietr; 01-24-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:07 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
xraes,

BTW, I do have a life...not too sure about you.

Which dealer is your "mocha designo coming next week with "every" available option, including ABC." going through?

I love cars as most of us here do as well so feel free to show us your collection of vehicles
Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
I've been out of the seen for a month or two now...but you guys just need to CALM DOWN...its a friendly forum, we can have our doubts, our arguments...just in an orderly manner ...and for the record I haven't seen or looked into the actual ad that is being talked about...but if in fact it doesn't specify that it has "all options available at time of order" glauser should at least say it has everything but ABC being as they are a highly respected dealer
Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Originally Posted by meegle
xraes,

BTW, I do have a life...not too sure about you.

Which dealer is your "mocha designo coming next week with "every" available option, including ABC." going through?

I love cars as most of us here do as well so feel free to show us your collection of vehicles
your house is beautiful