S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Question about the "Vehicle Level Control Switch" aka The Raise Button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
s550 4matic Key To The Cure Edition, Can-Am Spyder RSS
Question Question about the "Vehicle Level Control Switch" aka The Raise Button

Hello All,
I recently lowered my w221 with AAR Links. Seems like this Raise button will come in handy if I have a full load & need to raise the car up a bit.

Apparently, the vehicle returns to it's "normal" ride height if you exceed 75 mph, or maintain a speed between 50 mph & 75 mph.

Is there ANY way to disable that feature, so it remains raised until I decide to lower it, regardless of speed??

Hopefully somebody out there has the answer..
Old 08-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Interesting. Usually at highway speeds, the car would lower, not raise. I'd imagine with the links that the computer would behave the same way since the links don't touch any of the computers.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by CarboyS
Interesting. Usually at highway speeds, the car would lower, not raise. I'd imagine with the links that the computer would behave the same way since the links don't touch any of the computers.
Sorry.. After reading my statement/question, I can see how it might be misunderstood. Ok.. Being that I lowered my ride with links, I now have a pretty low "normal" ride height. When I press the raise button, It increases about an inch or so higher. I'd like the car to remain at that height, even though I exceed 50 mph, etc.. I don't want the car to lower back to that lower height.

For example, Lets say I fill my car with 4 of my fat A$$ buddies . I'd hit my raise button, & hit the road . If I hop on a highway, & the thing lowers, we got problems.... I'm hoping there's a mod out there, that'll prevent it from lowering on it's own & only returns to "normal" when I choose to hit that button again.

Last edited by ramos226; 08-28-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Ahhh, now it makes sense xD. I bet someone more familiar with STAR will have the solution. It's probably some reprogramming I presume
Old 08-29-2011, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by CarboyS
It's probably some reprogramming I presume
No, it isn't a Star coding option.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63S
You shouldn't need to raise the car at all with extra load in front or back. The car will auto-level when it is pushed down by extra load, so you shouldn't have any issues with tire rubbing. However, if you actually want to raise the car and keep it raised, then that is a different issue. I agree with Diesel Benz that this would not be a Star Coding option.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by lboudreau
You shouldn't need to raise the car at all with extra load in front or back. The car will auto-level when it is pushed down by extra load, so you shouldn't have any issues with tire rubbing. However, if you actually want to raise the car and keep it raised, then that is a different issue. I agree with Diesel Benz that this would not be a Star Coding option.
Oh really...? Well that's cool then.. The car is low as hell right now, but it looks great & doesn't rub since I removed those rear fender tabs that stuck out.. I was just worried what MIGHT happen if the car has a really heavy load. I'd still like to lock the raise if it's at all possible to do with a mod.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63S
Originally Posted by ramos226
Oh really...? Well that's cool then.. The car is low as hell right now, but it looks great & doesn't rub since I removed those rear fender tabs that stuck out.. I was just worried what MIGHT happen if the car has a really heavy load. I'd still like to lock the raise if it's at all possible to do with a mod.
You should be ok.

As far as modding it to remain in a raised position, someone with more knowledge of the Airmatic system would need to chime in. Nice drop though, looks good
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by lboudreau
You should be ok.

As far as modding it to remain in a raised position, someone with more knowledge of the Airmatic system would need to chime in. Nice drop though, looks good
Tx lboudreau..