S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

WeatherTech "long wheelbase" options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 S550 - Diamond White
WeatherTech "long wheelbase" options

Hey all,

I live in Seattle, WA. I need window deflectors before I start swimming in my 2013 W221. The exterior body design is PERFECT for filling a swimming pool *inside* the car.

But WeatherTech differentiates between standard and long wheelbase versions. I though the W221 only came in one length? The standard package from them only has front window deflectors. The "long wheelbase" package has front and rear.

Am I wrong? Is there a LWB version? I've never seen or heard of one.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
The version imported to the U.S> is a "long wheel base" issue whereas there is a version imported into Canada which is a SWB called the S 450. The difference is a chunk cut out between the front of the back door and the rear window, resulting in less rear leg room and a smaller rear door (lengthwise). This would create a definite difference in rear floor mat sizes.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w221 s350
So I'm in the same boat so to speak...I want to the get Weathertech digitalfit floormats and it asks me if have the short or standard wheelbase. I too had no clue there was an option. When i compare the pictures weathertech has on the site I believe the short wheelbase pics appear more accurate against my 2013 s350. also if i were to search on amazon for the mats, it claims that only the part number that corresponds with the short wheel base will "fit my car"....am i to believe I have the short wheelbase then?
Old 12-14-2015, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Go with the MAXpider 3D liners instead. They work A LOT better than the WeatherTech's.....and they are cheaper. Neither your feet nor the liners will ever slide around....even when wet. You can't say the same for WeatherTech. Plus the 3D's look a lot better. I leave mine in year round.

We have the LWB cars in the US.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:18 PM

w221 s350
Originally Posted by DaveW68
Go with the MAXpider 3D liners instead. They work A LOT better than the WeatherTech's.....and they are cheaper. Neither your feet nor the liners will ever slide around....even when wet. You can't say the same for WeatherTech. Plus the 3D's look a lot better. I leave mine in year round.

We have the LWB cars in the US.
I bought and reurned those maxpiders all in the same day. didnt care for them at all. I live in new england and they didnt look like they would help at all. I just ordered the autopreme set i see advertised all over the forum. little cheaper than the weathertech but look a lot better IMO. I guess ill just wait and see, but back on the topic of wheelbases. the weathertech site was only giving me options between short and standard ....long wasnt even an option
Old 12-14-2015, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by bigbnz
I bought and reurned those maxpiders all in the same day. didnt care for them at all. I live in new england and they didnt look like they would help at all. I just ordered the autopreme set i see advertised all over the forum. little cheaper than the weathertech but look a lot better IMO. I guess ill just wait and see, but back on the topic of wheelbases. the weathertech site was only giving me options between short and standard ....long wasnt even an option
Then it would be standard for those. If you've never owned WeatherTechs, you're likely going to be surprised how slippery they get when wet. You should have given the MAXpiders a chance. They work great....and now I'll put them in all of my future cars. They grip the carpet and just don't move. And the surface is almost like a big suction cup to stop your feet from sliding around.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:42 PM

w221 s350
Originally Posted by DaveW68
Then it would be standard for those. If you've never owned WeatherTechs, you're likely going to be surprised how slippery they get when wet. You should have given the MAXpiders a chance. They work great....and now I'll put them in all of my future cars. They grip the carpet and just don't move. And the surface is almost like a big suction cup to stop your feet from sliding around.
Thanks for the answer on the wheelbase question. I have had weather Tech in all my vehicles in the past and I do agree that they can get slippery but one thing they definitely do is hold all the snow slush and mud that you can throw at them. It seems like that's going to be something somewhat hard to accomplish in my current s class and no fault of any one one mat. It appears as though due to the travel of the seat almost all mats have to be flat at the end where it meets the seat. Not really any room for a tall edge so I'm leary that all of the mats contents will run back and end up there. 1st world problems lol
Old 12-14-2015, 11:03 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. Sorry I never responded. Yes...mine is LWB. I got the window deflectors. They work great. Awesome snug fit. Of course, I had to find out how to re-calibrate my window sensors to account for them.

I live in Seattle....so, naturally, I'm considering floor mats now. I'll check out the MAXpiders. Cheers.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:35 AM

w221 s350
Originally Posted by Bamzilla
Thanks for all the info guys. Sorry I never responded. Yes...mine is LWB. I got the window deflectors. They work great. Awesome snug fit. Of course, I had to find out how to re-calibrate my window sensors to account for them.

I live in Seattle....so, naturally, I'm considering floor mats now. I'll check out the MAXpiders. Cheers.
Do you have any pictures of the window deflectors installed?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by bigbnz
Do you have any pictures of the window deflectors installed?
Sorry, I don't. Not really one for taking pics of my car. If I think about the next time I get in it, I'll shoot a couple. It's sharp, though.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
If you take a few pics with your cell, you can text them to me and I'll put them in this post for you.

Also, I'm a dealer for WeatherTech™ and if anyone wants these I'll help you out.