S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best/Rcommended Tire Brand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 475 Likes on 363 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
I dunno. Twenty years ago I used a Cooper Zeon Ribbed Magnum Natural Feel Supreme and the thing shredded. I tried them because they were a heckuva lot cheaper than Trojans.

Now I have a twenty year old kid whose mom was a stripper. Ironically, her stage name was "Lexus", and I named the kid "Cooper".

Okay, I made up the "Magnum" part. Also the "Cooper" part. His actual name is "Zeon".
Yeah....I've heard about your kid. He's the one with tattoos, some sort of bone in his nose, and a multi-colored Mohawk. I've heard that he has a penchant for sneaking up behind people and screaming in their ear "BOO....I'M BETTER THAN YOU!!" You really need to get control of your kid.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by DaveW68
Yeah....I've heard about your kid. He's the one with tattoos, some sort of bone in his nose, and a multi-colored Mohawk. I've heard that he has a penchant for sneaking up behind people and screaming in their ear "BOO....I'M BETTER THAN YOU!!" You really need to get control of your kid.
I know. Nobody was more shocked then me when he was elected to congress.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
I know. Nobody was more shocked then me when he was elected to congress.

I thought congressmen had to be at least 26 to be elected. How'd he manage that?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
I dunno. Twenty years ago I used a Cooper Zeon Ribbed Magnum Natural Feel Supreme and the thing shredded. I tried them because they were a heckuva lot cheaper than Trojans.

Now I have a twenty year old kid whose mom was a stripper. Ironically, her stage name was "Lexus", and I named the kid "Cooper".

Okay, I made up the "Magnum" part. Also the "Cooper" part. His actual name is "Zeon".
Ribbed?? I thought you would have gotten studded....
Old 10-22-2015, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by triniexr
Ribbed?? I thought you would have gotten studded....

You're getting Mike confused with his kid Zeon. Mike goes with super smooth condoms....to match his head. With the age of women that Mike bones now, their vaginas have become ribbed with age. There's no need for extra enhancement.

Last edited by DaveW68; 10-22-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
You're getting Mike confused with his kid Zeon. Mike goes with super smooth condoms....to match his head. With the age of women that Mike bones now, their vaginas have become ribbed with age. There's no need for extra enhancement.
When I asked Lexus if she wanted to try a condom with ribs she said she wasn't hungry. Contrary to popular lore, strippers are not especially bright.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
To get back on point, Cooper Zeons are like the Chicago Cubs. You've had a long and storied history of putting together shoddy products and have disappointed your loyal followers for eons. Then all of a sudden there is a ray of hope like the Zeon line....and you suddenly think that this new and young product will be a true contender. As soon as it looks like they are going to go all the way to the top and compete with the high priced franchises, they get swept away by another product that you thought was completely inferior. And suddenly you figure out that the product you had hoped would be so good is really only an average product meant for minor league players like the Chevy Malibu or Ford Focus.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Great! My dog got into something that upset his stomach and just Coopered all over the carpet.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
Hi W221 forum members, I'm coming here as a frequent member of the W204 forums. My mother's S class needs to get the rear tires replaced before the winter months and I wanted some opinions and advice regarding what the next step should be.

She currently has the OE spec contiprocontacts all around and is not staggered. I've done quite a bit of reading over the years regarding tire brands and I've decided that bridgestone, continental and michelin are the top three. On my car I'm using conti DW on the front and DWS on the rears. For my brother's 335i, I gave him michelin Pilot Super Sports all around. My brother and I have been very happy with the performance and reliability of our tires. I feel like my parents are getting duped by buying into the whole "OEM knows best" idea, and paying out the whazoo for worse performing rubber. I don't believe that Mercedes would engineer the vehicle around the tires on it, although, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is my understanding that the conti DW and DWS have a comfortable ride and good grip, while the Michelin PSS and A/S3 have better steering response and great grip. I'm debating between these four tires, summer or all season. My parents prioritize comfort and noise, but I want them to have something better performing than their contiprocontacts, and preferably at a more affordable price. The OE contiprocontacts in the fronts still have good tread, so we'll keep those for now or rotate them. I'll probably pick the DW or DWS because they are more comfortable, and cheaper than the mich PSS, while maintaining competitive performance. Plus my parents would be happier since it would be the same brand as the OE contiprocontacts. Btw, we live in california and only deal with dry and wet. I'm not sure if I should consider treadlife rating, since the all season tires have a much better rating but will not perform as well in the dry and wet.

I have a few questions:

1. Would mixing and matching the front two tires with different rear tires have a considerable negative effect on handling and overall performance?

2. With the above question in mind, would there be any issues with rotating tires? Would it be best to put the fresh set on the front and the OE on the rear?

3. Would you recommend summer or all seasons for california when considering treadlife and value? The OE contiprocontacts are all seasons.

4. Of the options I had in mind, which one would be best?

Thanks!
Um, please don't hijack this thread to talk about tires. We've moved on to hookers and dog excrement.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Great! My dog got into something that upset his stomach and just Coopered all over the carpet.

I know what you mean. Getting Coopered is just a miserable experience for everybody involved.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
I wonder what happened to Nas? I heard he has a fetish for being Coopered. Rumor has it that he has a large supply of Saran Wrap and drinking straws at the ready at all times.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I wonder what happened to Nas? I heard he has a fetish for being Coopered. Rumor has it that he has a large supply of Saran Wrap and drinking straws at the ready at all times.
If history is any indication, as we speak he's preparing a monster, point by point retort with quotes and stuff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
If history is any indication, as we speak he's preparing a monster, point by point retort with quotes and stuff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.

Sadly, you could be right. My guess is that he's been spending the day at the closest library and is thinking he can reference some material regarding Hilary Clinton's techniques of deflecting the subject of the conversation. Little does he know that the NSA has likely been tracking this forum and his emails back and forth with Cooper Tires regarding the quality of Cooper tires and the misinformation he's been spreading. We can only hope that he reads the last couple pages of threads and puts an end to his tomfoolery before it's to late for him. It's probably not looking too good for poor Nas.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 S550
"Haven't you noticed yet that NOBODY agrees with you on the merits of Cooper tires on an S-class? I haven't seen anybody here comment on liking Coopers on any car. You're a pretty crappy salesman of their tires as you haven't been able to sell anybody on the merits of Coopers."

LOL....nobody has "commented on liking" your beloved Hankook's either have they? (a budget tire no less)

" All you want to do is argue."

Nonsense. I have chosen to defend a fine American company called Cooper Tires against your deluded and baseless slurs, for sure.

"Why are you here any way? Don't you drive an old LS430?"

Well, the truth is I drive two cars, an "old LS 430" (about the same age as your rust bucket 600) and also 10k mile like new 2013 S550 4matic. (an arrangement you clearly cannot afford)

"Your Coopers might work well for you on your old $4-12k car, but they're not fit for an S-class that is much bigger and weighs up to 1100 lbs more than your old Lexus (depending on the model S-class)."

Complete nonsense, Cooper make an XL 255/40/19 Zeon that's perfectly suited for the S550.

"My Hankooks are rated for my 5000 lb car. Your Coopers aren't. Case closed!"

Wrong, as usual.

"Give up pal. Nobody gives a sh*t about your opinions as you're obviously not here to contribute anything productive to this forum."

Obviously you do!!

"You'd probably have a better time by going outside and playing hide and go f--- yourself."

There you go again....constantly playing the "name calling" card yet this is the 3rd time you've said GFY....LOL.

You're an angry one aren't you?!? HAHAHAHAHA....

Last edited by NaslundStarmine; 10-22-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:10 PM

2013 S550
"Originally Posted by DaveW68 View Post

If history is any indication, as we speak he's preparing a monster, point by point retort with quotes and stuff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED."

"Sadly, you could be right. My guess is that he's been spending the day at the closest library and is thinking he can reference some material regarding Hilary Clinton's techniques of deflecting the subject of the conversation. Little does he know that the NSA has likely been tracking this forum and his emails back and forth with Cooper Tires regarding the quality of Cooper tires and the misinformation he's been spreading."

Seriously, you're both drunk, aren't you?

Wow, that's some deluded stuff....

Last edited by NaslundStarmine; 10-22-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:19 PM

2013 S550
LOL...you been sitting at your keyboard AT THE READY all day long just waaaaiiiting?!? SMH.... Is this all you do? Dude, turn the computer off and go drive a couple hundred miles in that 10 year old car of yours (if you can afford it)....maybe look at trading it in (on something from the current decade) or something?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by NaslundStarmine
"Originally Posted by DaveW68 View Post
If history is any indication, as we speak he's preparing a monster, point by point retort with quotes and stuff. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED."

"Sadly, you could be right. My guess is that he's been spending the day at the closest library and is thinking he can reference some material regarding Hilary Clinton's techniques of deflecting the subject of the conversation. Little does he know that the NSA has likely been tracking this forum and his emails back and forth with Cooper Tires regarding the quality of Cooper tires and the misinformation he's been spreading."

Seriously, you're both drunk, aren't you?

Wow, that's some deluded stuff....
Of course we're drunk. What kind of question is that? So on the 2013 when its due for tires put a set of Coopers on and see how they hold up. On a square set up with rotations you should get the full 60k tread life. Just watch the rears for premature wear. They go fast if you're not rotating.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 PM

2013 S550
Of course we're drunk. What kind of question is that? So on the 2013 when its due for tires put a set of Coopers on and see how they hold up. On a square set up with rotations you should get the full 60k tread life. Just watch the rears for premature wear. They go fast if you're not rotating.
Excellent, glad you are having a good Thursday!

I could care less about "60k of tread life".

The ContiPro's currently on it (which you had a REALLY crappy experience with, yet OE on my car) have less than 11k on them now and are in perfect shape and the car won't be "due for a set of Coopers" for like forever....

...as it's unlikely I will run the Conti's past 15k miles (would take me close 3 years)...

...but when the time comes I will do so! (and I will keep you posted)
Old 10-22-2015, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Excellent, glad you are having a good Thursday!

I could care less about "60k of tread life".

The ContiPro's currently on it (which you had a REALLY crappy experience with, yet OE on my car) have less than 11k on them now and are in perfect shape and the car won't be "due for a set of Coopers" for like forever....

...as it's unlikely I will run the Conti's past 15k miles (would take me close 3 years)...

...but when the time comes I will do so! (and I will keep you posted)
I had 19" Contis on the S when I bought it. I think they were all-season. Not terrible (brand new) but I went to 20's and the ride on 20 Pilot SS was better than the 19" Contis. The other set were the DWs. Those were great new but wore out quick and got noisy. They weren't that much cheaper than the Michelins, so I just figured moving forward I'd spend the extra money and get a tire that has a proven track record (with me at least). Right now those would be my top recommendation.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 PM

2013 S550
I had 19" Contis on the S when I bought it. I think they were all-season. Not terrible (brand new) but I went to 20's and the ride on 20 Pilot SS was better than the 19" Contis. The other set were the DWs. Those were great new but wore out quick and got noisy. They weren't that much cheaper than the Michelins, so I just figured moving forward I'd spend the extra money and get a tire that has a proven track record (with me at least). Right now those would be my top recommendation.
Good feedback, thx.

I'm all about saving money and like you on certain items do not believe in cutting corners. Expensive watch, only buy from an authorized dealer. But cigars, wine and tires (among other things, tried the Snell golf ball?), I honestly believe homework is rewarded and "name brands" are often not only over-priced, but often (seriously) substandard to less expensive options.

Ever read any of Stanley & Danko's stuff?

Last edited by NaslundStarmine; 10-22-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:16 PM

2013 S550
Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
You think I drive a 10 year old rust bucket? Now you have a bunch of Cooper spewing out of your mouth. It's best to know what you're talking about before spouting off. I just turned 30k on the odo (1 owner car purchased last Nov with 24k miles), have a lot more options than yours, my car's in better condition, and it'll blow the doors off your '13. Oh yeah....I have a bumper to bumper warranty that covers me for another 6 years too. You can see some pics of it if you take the time to hunt around the forum.

BTW, lots of guys here on the forum run Hankooks. That's how I found out about them.

Enjoy your new 550....and welcome to the family.

(Mike....it seems that he didn't prepare the monster retort we were both expecting. Seems that he's a bit of a slacker. Now pass that Jim Beam over here and quit hogging the bottle!)
Old 10-22-2015, 09:33 PM

2013 S550
You think I drive a 10 year old rust bucket? Now you have a bunch of Cooper spewing out of your mouth. It's best to know what you're talking about before spouting off. I just turned 30k on the odo (1 owner car purchased last Nov with 24k miles), have a lot more options than yours, my car's in better condition, and it'll blow the doors off your '13. Oh yeah....I have a bumper to bumper warranty that covers me for another 6 years too. You can see some pics of it if you take the time to hunt around the forum.

BTW, lots of guys here on the forum run Hankooks. That's how I found out about them.

Enjoy your new 550....and welcome to the family.

(Mike....it seems that he didn't prepare the monster retort we were both expecting. Seems that he's a bit of a slacker. Now pass that Jim Beam over here and quit hogging the bottle!)
Jim Beam?!? We have something in common! I sipped it all afternoon on one of the finest D. Ross courses you ever saw

PS...see my comment in the other thread about your 600. I was just busting your chops in response to your BS about, well, a zillion things you and Mike posted. You guys must be seriously sheetfaced to post some of that other stuff you all posted (which I only skimmed)...but jeezus fellas, WTF?!? (tattoos, rubbers, etc...what's next, more comments about 12 yr old kids?!?)
Old 10-22-2015, 09:41 PM

2013 S550
"You think I drive a 10 year old rust bucket?"

I didn't say it's a "rust bucket", but it is 10 years old.

"It's best to know what you're talking about before spouting off. I just turned 30k on the odo (1 owner car purchased last Nov with 24k miles)"

Yeah, whatever, still 10 years old. What did you pay?

"....my car's in better condition"

Absolutely NFW your car is in better condition....LOL.

"...and it'll blow the doors off your '13."

Racing is of no concern or interest to me, the 2013 S550 has plenty of power and way faster than I need.

"Oh yeah....I have a bumper to bumper warranty that covers me for another 6 years too."

Awesome. So you're exactly the same as the next douchebag who bought an extended warranty.

"You can see some pics of it if you take the time to hunt around the forum."

Not gonna happen but if you want to post some here I would be interested in seeing your car.

Last edited by NaslundStarmine; 10-22-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Jim Beam?!? We have something in common! I sipped it all afternoon on one of the finest D. Ross courses you ever saw

PS...see my comment in the other thread about your 600. I was just busting your chops in response to your BS about, well, a zillion things you and Mike posted. You guys must be seriously sheetfaced to post some of that other stuff you all posted (which I only skimmed)...but jeezus fellas, WTF?!? (tattoos, rubbers, etc...what's next, more comments about 12 yr old kids?!?)
Sadly, this is mild. We had a thread awhile back about a guy's transmission that went so far afield it ended up with my poor elderly mother being repeatedly sodomized in her nursing home by ATC Pup while he and Dave carried on a torrid homosexual affair.

So yeah, we're a classy bunch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.