S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

*pics* buying a "demo" Car - How Should I deal with this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
*pics* buying a "demo" Car - How Should I deal with this

Hi forum mates - I am looking to buy a new "demo" W223. I don't trust anything the dealer tells me but from what I can see the car has 400km on the clock.

The driver seat must be very fragile because I see creases and stain on the seat bolsters. The dealer claims they can fix this. Can someone with beige seats comment on this?

With the steering wheel, I can see some general staining and the dealer also claims they can fix the issue. Can someone please comment on this and whether this is actually "fixable" or will the dealer just be finding a way to quick fix this only for the problem to resurface in a few weeks time?

Any other thoughts will be very much welcomed on buying this new "used" W233!

Old 04-02-2023, 09:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 Maybach S600, 2013 G63, and 2022 S580 Brabus
I think the steering wheel can maybe be cleaned, but the seat has creases that can't be fixed. The color can maybe be restored though. I have 15k miles on mine and do not have that kind of wear.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:12 AM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
they all can be fixed. just get a steam cleaner to clean the seats and theyre not creased its just caused by how dirty the vehicle is in the interior , white interiors show it alot.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 350 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Curious - about what is the serial number of the car (last 6 digits of the vin)?
Old 04-03-2023, 01:45 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
Yea it all can be fixed but I wouldn't commit to the purchase until you see the result.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:17 PM

Received 154 Likes on 130 Posts
S560/LS460/Q70L 5.6 AWD
Originally Posted by TSA
they all can be fixed. just get a steam cleaner to clean the seats and theyre not creased its just caused by how dirty the vehicle is in the interior , white interiors show it alot.
True, not even a steam cleaner, a soft brush and ONLY warm water with a mild detergent will get them out, the problem is that without a seat cover ( sheepskin preferably ) they will come back in no time, this is the "beauty" of having these king of colored seats, I only have those in my cars but they're protected.....
Old 04-03-2023, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 399 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
The beige interior is one of the nicest interior colors you can get BUT ONLY WHEN KEPT CLEAN. If you allow them to get dirty, then even light dust cause them to look super dirty. But they also push you to keep them clean all the time. I used SONAX prodcuts (brush, cleaner and conditioner) on the semi-aniline designo beige interior and turned out brand new despite being a few years old.

I only clean them once a month, and if you apply a conditioner/protector, you could keep them like-new with no dye transfer at all. I also use the product below them on my BMW with the Ivory interior.

This is the kit I used. It worked like magic and the cleaner is safe for use with perforated leather if carefully applied, leaving no oil/wet residue on the surfaces whatsoever if carefully applied. The conditioner as a last step leaves a factory like finish (not too shinny but shinny just enough). Smell is very neutral and would not interfere with MBenz original leather scent or the AC perfume.
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...8aAskFEALw_wcB
Old 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM

Received 154 Likes on 130 Posts
S560/LS460/Q70L 5.6 AWD
Originally Posted by S_W222
The beige interior is one of the nicest interior colors you can get BUT ONLY WHEN KEPT CLEAN. If you allow them to get dirty, then even light dust cause them to look super dirty. But they also push you to keep them clean all the time. I used SONAX prodcuts (brush, cleaner and conditioner) on the semi-aniline designo beige interior and turned out brand new despite being a few years old.

I only clean them once a month, and if you apply a conditioner/protector, you could keep them like-new with no dye transfer at all. I also use the product below them on my BMW with the Ivory interior.

This is the kit I used. It worked like magic and the cleaner is safe for use with perforated leather if carefully applied, leaving no oil/wet residue on the surfaces whatsoever if carefully applied. The conditioner as a last step leaves a factory like finish (not too shinny but shinny just enough). Smell is very neutral and would not interfere with MBenz original leather scent or the AC perfume.
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...8aAskFEALw_wcB
I'm glad to hear that this kit works since a couple of years ago I have used an original BMW cleaner on my 750 front perforated seats.... well, the result was that BMW paid for the leather replacement, the original kit destroyed the leather paint, believe it or not...Then I was advised to only use warm water with mild detergent when I need to clean the seats, which I did on my BMW.... no problems.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:25 PM

C63
So turns out they got it out completely.

So my question is how do I keep these darn seats looking like new...
Old 04-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by invisible-z
So turns out they got it out completely.

So my question is how do I keep these darn seats looking like new...
I would ceramic coat the leather given the humidity levels where you live
Old 04-06-2023, 02:24 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I would ceramic coat the leather given the humidity levels where you live
Can you recommend me a brand of ceramic coat?