S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ATTN: All poser haters.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them!
Originally Posted by Improviz
Bravo, mbenzman. This guy's been doing nothing but trolling since he arrived here...all of ten posts, nine of which are pure flamebait.
Thanks, you have to wonder about the newbie's motivations when they leave a trail like that.

You might want to think about adding another zero on that figure there, Sparky...did you happen to see his sig? An SL55 costs about 10x what you're braying.
I wish I had picked mine up that cheap, what a deal that would have been.
Maybe CLS's won't depreciate.
It will get reliably spanked by any recent AMG, that's for sure. But I like the CLS....some of its (claimed) owners, otoh....
Ditto and as long as you do drive onto that track, you won't have to worry about that bike, because he never has it on the street. Maybe AMG should start building bikes.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 AM

All of them!
Here's a poser to test the masses.

At first glance you would say it's a real 500E. What's wrong with this poser, it has more than the price of a 500E emblem. Bring on your knowledge.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by mbenzman
At first glance you would say it's a real 500E. What's wrong with this poser, it has more than the price of a 500E emblem. Bring on your knowledge.

Rich since you put on the AMG monoblock's you have bought that beautiful 500E down to poser staus.

And since you've increased the hp to be higher that that of a stck CLK55 partially due to the nice intake mani mod,that is another clue of bringing the 500E to poser status. Anymore increases in HP to that 500E and it will be at Super AMG poser status!

I wonder what they would call an AMG C43 with a 5.5l motor if I debaged it a C55? C55 poser status!

O.T. Are you coming to MIR with Patrick? PM me!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:02 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Rich since you put on the AMG monoblock's you have bought that beautiful 500E down to poser staus.

And since you've increased the hp to be higher that that of a stck CLK55 partially due to the nice intake mani mod,that is another clue of bringing the 500E to poser status. Anymore increases in HP to that 500E and it will be at Super AMG poser status!

I wonder what they would call an AMG C43 with a 5.5l motor if I debaged it a C55? C55 poser status!

O.T. Are you coming to MIR with Patrick? PM me!
Carl,
Those aren't pics of my or any other 500E, It is a 400E poser with the fenders, bumpers,Sacco boards and wheels, but can you tell? It may be the best and most expensive poser out there, but I can tell.
These pics were were provided by the owner who was asking advice on a price to sell it for, so I didn't edit the tags. Go ahead and test your skills, .

I have debadged my 500E, I never had anything else on it, ever, so it's not posing at all!! The engine mods are not amg, Those would be MY power additions.
Labeling your a c55 would not be posing, cause you can back it up if someone calls you on it!

I wish I could come to MIR, I'm grounded right now with our newborn daughter. Hence the weird hours I'm posting at, no sleep yet!!!

Someone better get video, Patricks car should be a monster, especially with his shoehorned rear tires.You better bring the mitsu to have a chance to beat him.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Carl,
Those aren't pics of my or any other 500E, It is a 400E poser with the fenders, bumpers,Sacco boards and wheels, but can you tell? It may be the best and most expensive poser out there, but I can tell.
These pics were were provided by the owner who was asking advice on a price to sell it for, so I didn't edit the tags. Go ahead and test your skills, .
No 500E headlights? Plus, the reat flares don't look large enough. Sits too high also.

Last edited by Chappy; 08-16-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have debadged my 500E, I never had anything else on it, ever, so it's not posing at all!! The engine mods are not amg, Those would be MY power additions.
Labeling your a c55 would not be posing, cause you can back it up if someone calls you on it!

I wish I could come to MIR, I'm grounded right now with our newborn daughter. Hence the weird hours I'm posting at, no sleep yet!!!

Someone better get video, Patricks car should be a monster, especially with his shoehorned rear tires.You better bring the mitsu to have a chance to beat him.
LOL! Nah you got me on this one Rich! Other than the flred fenders and the V8 I would be hardpressed to tell the difference.

I'm only bustin your chops about your personnal mods because my head is hurting that you would not have the time to do mines!

I know Patty is building a monster but it's 50-50 whether I'll have the mitsu ready to run. She needs a 1k dollar clutch,I wanna put my built(rod and piston motor) in and I don't know if she'll be ready on time for me to do all this unless YOU come up and help me out!
The W202 is running very well and surprisingly the cams have certainly helped. I am interested in finding out what Vics cams would give me.
So far and I hope the "Chapster "won't kill me on this,I've had two new RS4's and a W209 CLK55 for lunch from a slow roll on the ??(won't mention) Trnpke!

How's that for a wanna be C55!

I'd love to see the 500E,hope to see you and the Chapster very soon one of these wknds. I'm flying down of course.

I'm glad the newborn and the family is doing well also. Are we modding the W211 beast?

PS I have a friend selling his 94 500E for 13k. Is this alot of$$?

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-16-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by Chappy
No 500E headlights? Plus, the reat flares don't look large enough. Sits too high also.
You learn well grasshopper, more
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 AM

All of them!
Here's a fun one,

Carl,
you need this dual exhaust, I believe it's made by GE.Check out the gauges. I think it will fly!

LOL! Nah you got me on this one Rich! Other than the flred fenders and the V8 I would be hardpressed to tell the difference.
Chappy has been to school, it's a great poser, just not quite right!

I'm only bustin your chops about your personnal mods because my head is hurting that you would not have the time to do mines!
Just send the manifold and money. It's not that hard to make me perform, ask Chappy, I'm easy, just not cheap.

I know Patty is building a monster but it's 50-50 whether I'll have the mitsu ready to run. She needs a 1k dollar clutch,I wanna put my built(rod and piston motor) in and I don't know if she'll be ready on time for me to do all this unless YOU come up and help me out!
I'm anchored well, You could send it down here, except it's the wrong flavor for my shop.
So far and I hope the "Chapster "won't kill me on this,I've had two new RS4's and a W209 CLK55 for lunch from a slow roll on the ??(won't mention) Trnpke!
A faster car is a faster car, Chappy's CLK55 is stock powered, down to the filter. Only mods are the ss brake hoses, fluid, 18's and poly c/a bushings..
He already conceded victory to my E55K without me even taking it to tha track. He's no dummy, You been busy modding and he knows it. would be embarassing if he still got you or me at the track. He's good.

How's that for a wanna be C55!
I guess your actually a poser if you still have the C43 badge on the rear. Do you?Carl is a poser. Is it true? Alright post the pics.

I'd love to see the 500E,hope to see you and the Chapster very soon one of these wknds. I'm flying down of course.
Advance notice may allow us to hide from you, when you coming down?
Would love to meet you, and would try my best to make it happen.
I'm glad the newborn and the family is doing well also. Are we modding the W211 beast?
Almost pulled the blower last night. Porting, polishing, and have a large intercooler heat exchanger sitting there. Appt. for tinting window on Sat. A.M.

PS I have a friend selling his 94 500E for 13k. Is this alot of$$?
If it's nice it could be a deal. Drive it and see if you likey.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Carl,
you need this dual exhaust, I believe it's made by GE.Check out the gauges. I think it will fly!

Chappy has been to school, it's a great poser, just not quite right!

Just send the manifold and money. It's not that hard to make me perform, ask Chappy, I'm easy, just not cheap.

I'm anchored well, You could send it down here, except it's the wrong flavor for my shop.

A faster car is a faster car, Chappy's CLK55 is stock powered, down to the filter. Only mods are the ss brake hoses, fluid, 18's and poly c/a bushings..
He already conceded victory to my E55K without me even taking it to tha track. He's no dummy, You been busy modding and he knows it. would be embarassing if he still got you or me at the track. He's good.

I guess your actually a poser if you still have the C43 badge on the rear. Do you?Carl is a poser. Is it true? Alright post the pics.

Advance notice may allow us to hide from you, when you coming down?
Would love to meet you, and would try my best to make it happen.

Almost pulled the blower last night. Porting, polishing, and have a large intercooler heat exchanger sitting there. Appt. for tinting window on Sat. A.M.

If it's nice it could be a deal. Drive it and see if you likey.
LOL!Yuk! Too much stuff here! I'll call you guys in advance b4 coming down!

PM me the price on the mani,please ASAP!!

PS Yes that would be bad if Chappy gets me but he told me he still wants to run! He wins I give him the pink! I win I'm taking his wagon and putting E55 on the back and V12 Compressor on the side!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
LOL!Yuk! Too much stuff here! I'll call you guys in advance b4 coming down!

PM me the price on the mani,please ASAP!!

PS Yes that would be bad if Chappy gets me but he told me he still wants to run! He wins I give him the pink! I win I'm taking his wagon and putting E55 on the back and V12 Compressor on the side!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I've got one you won't believe. What makes it so funny is the guy was at least 60 years old. T.O. Blvd. in Thousand Oaks this morning, I see a '07+ E sitting at the light to my right. I don't pay much attention at first 'cause it's obviously just a E350/500. As he gets the green and passes in front of me I see some type of fender badging and what looked to be "AMG" on the rear. I have to know, so when I get the left turn green, I haul down the street to catch up but don't see him. 3 blocks later I'm waiting to get another left to the 101 North and a "E650 AMG" pulls up to me with V12 Bi-Turbo fender badging! I actually blew my coffee on the dash and missed the opportunity for a camera phone pic although the Motorola Q has a POS camera and you probably wouldn't have seen much anyway. Locals, keep an eye out for the one and only E650 in existence. Still has the "Keyes European" paper plates.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 PM

All of them!
I was just coming back from dinner tonight with 6 of us in the ML55 on hwy 400s. As I merge, there is a sweet looking W208 CLK, aftermarket wheels and tinted windows, just passing in the fast lane. Then as the rear quarter is clear I notice the AMG emblem and say to myself, "cool a CLK55". then notice the CLK430 on the left and the single exhaust tip, ahhh poser! I follow while and point out to the differences to the inlaws, and we all laugh at him. Maybe he saw us pointing or wanted to see a "real AMG", but he pulled over to the right lane and slowed til I decided to pass. Then he pulls behind me and I get another laugh, He's got the AMG front plate! This car had a Delaware rear tag, with silver wheels.

Damn camera was at the rear behind the third row seats due to the company in the car.

Last edited by mbenzman; 08-17-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
What is up with that car with duals exhaust of the size of a 18 wheeler tire.... LOL
Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by JRAMGV8
What is up with that car with duals exhaust of the size of a 18 wheeler tire.... LOL
This one, here's some video. It just looks like a poser. He only took the car up to 186 mph. He was selling it in 2005 for $18,500. Good deal for two GE turbines, gauges and the controls!

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-oAyH2dGw

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p2poFW_Lck

Some more pics.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Thanks for the videos...... Looks funny but only 186mph.

Sold it for $18K... wow... Why didn't he keep it...
Old 08-18-2007, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JRAMGV8
Thanks for the videos...... Looks funny but only 186mph.

Sold it for $18K... wow... Why didn't he keep it...
Probably because the fuel to run that thing costs alot of $$$$$$ and what other purpose than blasting it thru the desert or a desolate road would it serve. That car seems like alot of fun though!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by bltserv
Sooner.
If you owned an AMG. Worked hard all your life to get one. FYI. I am 51.
You might feel a bit different. But since your in the middle of nowhere.
And you dont own an AMG. Leave this thread. You have no business here.
Its harmless entertainment. I hate people from Texas that tell me what I should and should not do. I know another Texan about to go away after
his crap for the last 7 years.
Dang bltsrv don't be so harsh. You and Sooner might have a lot in common.
The name Sooner probably means he's an OU fan ... generally not a fan of Texas.

Of course, maybe he'd prefer the Massachusetts genius like you do! Or maybe you prefer the joke d'jour Algore?

Bush leaves a lot to be desired but the alternatives were truly pathetic.

Okay, back to your previously scheduled thread.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Dang bltsrv don't be so harsh. You and Sooner might have a lot in common.
The name Sooner probably means he's an OU fan ... generally not a fan of Texas.

Of course, maybe he'd prefer the Massachusetts genius like you do! Or maybe you prefer the joke d'jour Algore?

Bush leaves a lot to be desired but the alternatives were truly pathetic.

Okay, back to your previously scheduled thread.
One need not be a fan of Kerry or Gore in order to dislike Bush. Most of the (non-neo) Conservatives I know are quite frankly livid at what he's done. In fact, if you want to see some traditional Conservatives' critiques of him, visit http://www.amconmag.com/ , which is Pat Buchanon's magazine The American Conservative.

Bruce Fein, a Conservative Constitutional scholar who was in the Reagan administration and who drew up the first article of impeachment for Clinton, has openly called for Bush and Cheney to be impeached.

Newt Gingrich has been quite critical of Bush, as has Bob Barr, and these guys are dyed in the wool Republicans. I could cite many more, but my point is that just because one criticizes Bush hardly means one is a lover of Gore or Kerry.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
+1
Old 08-19-2007, 04:26 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by sooners
The length's some of you kids will go to, to expose a Poser are halarious... in a way you are worse than the actual poser. No question a true poser is a total loser, however you guy's that are so entertained by it, and those of you that will risk life and limb to get your money shot ( paparrattzi style ) and even post some poor guy's actual lic.plate, need to reevaluate yourselves and maybe just maybe, get a real life....i mean really is it that funny, are true posers really worth your time.?

+++1

Some of these people have too much time in their hand, and a seriously twisted set of priorities. I could come accross an E270 CDI with V12 biturbo E65 monikers and I would not give a rat's a$$ or flinch a nerve. It is a free world, how one spends his or her money and how they come up with ways to embarras themselves, is their own business.

And. and... God forbid I come accross my license plate that one of you put of my Benz, on the net, simply because I decided to have an AMG badge in the trunklid, becuase if you are anywhere in North America, I will find you!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:36 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
One need not be a fan of Kerry or Gore in order to dislike Bush. Most of the (non-neo) Conservatives I know are quite frankly livid at what he's done. In fact, if you want to see some traditional Conservatives' critiques of him, visit http://www.amconmag.com/ , which is Pat Buchanon's magazine The American Conservative.

Bruce Fein, a Conservative Constitutional scholar who was in the Reagan administration and who drew up the first article of impeachment for Clinton, has openly called for Bush and Cheney to be impeached.

Newt Gingrich has been quite critical of Bush, as has Bob Barr, and these guys are dyed in the wool Republicans. I could cite many more, but my point is that just because one criticizes Bush hardly means one is a lover of Gore or Kerry.
I am in no way a pro-Bushie, but I have a feeling that his administration will be viewed through a more open-minded and objective historical lens a couple of decades from now. I do not think all that is wrong with America is becuase of Bush. What a president does takes many years to have a true impact. For all I am concerned, we may still be feeling some Clinton-era (not Clinton-caused, notice!) shockwaves economically and otherwise. And, as a transplanted American, I think America is far from having something seriously wrong with it yet. There are two many checks and balances for just one administration, or two, to mess this blessed country up for good. You born'n'bred Americans must have a bit more faith into this haven you have been born into.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Enough about politics....

....this thread is about POSEURS!! To wit, I bring you an "S4 1.8T", a "CLK430 AMG", and two "5 Series M5s":
Attached Thumbnails ATTN:  All poser haters.-0523070923-00.jpg   ATTN:  All poser haters.-0619071741-00.jpg   ATTN:  All poser haters.-0623071828-01.jpg   ATTN:  All poser haters.-0629071946-00.jpg  
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
....this thread is about POSEURS!! To wit, I bring you an "S4 1.8T", a "CLK430 AMG", and two "5 Series M5s":
Are Sanjaya's sister's you-know-whats posers too?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by AsianML
Are Sanjaya's sister's you-know-whats posers too?
Too bouncy to be store bought.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM

All of them!
Is that one days "catch"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ATTN: All poser haters.