S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Joe P's 04' S55 AMG Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2024, 12:04 AM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
2003 S55 AMG, 2005 C320 Coupe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Originally Posted by PHILLYCLSJOE
Too Excited not to share...and a fun project for the day!

I managed to score a full Renntech Cat-back exhaust system for this car. Complete with Resonators and Mufflers. I tried to pull up some info on these but can't even find so much as a picture. Like everything in Life, theres a story...

Found an Ad on Marketplace and the guy had posted 3 pictures of a silver S-class saying he was parting out or selling whole. Indy shop that does a lot of MB, BMW, Porsch etc work. I stopped over Tuesday and he said if he didn't sell the car whole by Friday he would sell me the exhaust. The car was badged as an S60 Renntech, which i found odd. I knew they made an E60, but never heard of an S60. Can't seem to find any info on that either, but i'll link an article below. Its not so much an article but just outlines what the car is.

Unfortunately the car was in rough shape, Hit in the front and rust on the bottom of the doors. The interior was absolutely beautiful. Full Designo in a "Banana Cream" color. Even the attention to detail in the headliner where it was stitched was impressive.

I took some time today and got the exhaust off and back home, along with some other small items i needed. Front emblem, rear trunk matt, etc. Over all its in really nice shape. 1 resonator is a little hammered in from bottoming out, but nothing major. Im very excited to see how this sounds. I really didn't want to go full headers and exhaust, but finding anything aftermarket that bolts-in is near impossible. This is the perfect set-up in my opinion.

I just ordered and received (2) new lower ball joints that need to be installed, and basically the entire front suspension will be refreshed and done. I'm dealing with what i think is a leaking radiator, so i'll be ordering a new one of those shortly and hopefully sorting that out.

Enjoy for now friends and i'll be sure to post some pictures and vids when i make more progress.
Definitely a cool find!