AMG GT Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 04:42 AM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
991 GT3, W212 E63-S 4Matic, W205 C300 Sport 4Matic
Talking

Originally Posted by Case1906

I'm a C63 guy too, but by definition a C Class is not a luxury car. The C63 is a beast with some luxury features.
Hey Buddy, I agree whole heartedly, and found out rather quickly these things are monsters that demand respect. Initially I bought the car as a daily, but it has since then became my weekend warrior.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDw...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by qmciver

If BMW’s recent history is any indicator that their most recent concept vehicles are basically production cars without door handles and smaller inconspicuous mirrors. I have a exercise for those of you who argue BMW dramatically changes the look of their vehicles from concept to production form.

Here below are photos of the M4 concept from 4 years ago. Right below each concept photo(top) is the actual production car(bottom).

Congratulations, you cited one example. Nice try. I'll give you three: the M1 Concept, the CS Concept and the 3.0 CSL Homage. Tell me how direct the translation was from concept to production with these gorgeous cars. And don't tell me the hideous i8 incorporated design details from the M1 -- that's like saying a donkey and an Arabian are the same. BMW has been notoriously bad about diluting and taming design language from theory to practice.

Back to the GT63, here's a fantastic design analysis of the car by Automobile Mag:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...upe-by-design/
Old 04-17-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uhlenhaut
Congratulations, you cited one example. Nice try. I'll give you three: the M1 Concept, the CS Concept and the 3.0 CSL Homage. Tell me how direct the translation was from concept to production with these gorgeous cars. And don't tell me the hideous i8 incorporated design details from the M1 -- that's like saying a donkey and an Arabian are the same. BMW has been notoriously bad about diluting and taming design language from theory to practice.

Back to the GT63, here's a fantastic design analysis of the car by Automobile Mag:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...upe-by-design/

I love how you specifically went out of your way to cherry pick “design studies” that Bavarian Motorenwerkes never promised would be made into road going production models. The vehicles you listed are no different than Bimmer’s other design studies. Such at the 2016 2002 Hommage concept, the Vision next 100 concept and the 328 Hommage Concpet. BMW shows off concepts for 3 general reasons. (A)preview future potential design language, (B) preview a soon to debut production model, (C) Broadcast a visual model of the chief designers vision for the brand in the coming years.

My original posting never stated that BMW turns every single concept vehcle they debut into a production car. My opinion of BMW’s near production concepts remains the same, their so called near production concepts are basically production cars with larger oversized wheels, smaller mirrors and no door handles and in the case of the M8 GC tinted taillights and yellow LED corona rings in the head lights.

You said I can only find one example? Why don’t you go study the before and after photos of the 2016 X2 concept to production form, the 2015 i8 Spyder concept to production form and 2010 6 series Coupé to production form.

Your trying to take what I originally wrote completely out of context to work with your own personal agenda. Based on your statements, I’m going to have to assume you don’t come from a automotive design background or work in the corporate automotive sector. No one except for you would ever think BMW was actually going to build the M1 or CS concepts, the company is way too conservative to even bother making those concpet into production vehicles.

Last edited by qmciver; 04-17-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by qmciver

I love how you specifically went out of your way to cherry pick “design studies” that Bavarian Motorenwerkes never promised would be made into road going production models. The vehicles you listed are no different than Bimmer’s other design studies. Such at the 2016 2002 Hommage concept, the Vision next 100 concept and the 328 Hommage Concpet. BMW shows off concepts for 3 general reasons. (A)preview future potential design language, (B) preview a soon to debut production model, (C) Broadcast a visual model of the chief designers vision for the brand in the coming years.

My original posting never stated that BMW turns every single concept vehcle they debut into a production car. My opinion of BMW’s near production concepts remains the same, their so called near production concepts are basically production cars with larger oversized wheels, smaller mirrors and no door handles and in the case of the M8 GC tinted taillights and yellow LED corona rings in the head lights.

You said I can only find one example? Why don’t you go study the before and after photos of the 2016 X2 concept to production form, the 2015 i8 Spyder concept to production form and 2010 6 series Coupé to production form.

Your trying to take what I originally wrote completely out of context to work with your on personal agenda. Based on your statements, I’m going to have to assume you don’t come from automotive design background or work in the corporate automotive sector. No one except for you would ever think BMW was actually going to build the M1 or CS concepts, the company is way to conservative to even bother making those concpet into production vehicles.
There's a lot there that I'm not going to bother with but the fact that BMW puts out "design studies" as you call them that they could easily put into production and don't all feeds into the narrative that BMW comes hard at concept and goes limp at production. Your last sentence proves the point we're all making here: "the company is way to conservative to even bother making those concepts into production vehicles."

Thanks for playing!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uhlenhaut
There's a lot there that I'm not going to bother with but the fact that BMW puts out "design studies" as you call them that they could easily put into production and don't all feeds into the narrative that BMW comes hard at concept and goes limp at production. Your last sentence proves the point we're all making here: "the company is way to conservative to even bother making those concepts into production vehicles."

Thanks for playing!

We will have to see if your right about your theory towards the end of the 2018. I’m positive the M8 Gran Coupé production vehicle will look strikingly similar to its very attractive concept. And I’m once again basing my argument on how much the 6 series Gran Coupé predecessor looked like it’s concept.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
I've seen a lot of cars I've owned and driven mentioned in this thread. Specifically, the M4, i8 and 650 Gran Coupe. One car mentioned here I will never own or drive is the tarted up CSL, which Mercedes-Benz is calling the AMG GT sedan. A plain Jane irrelevant car.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
order guides are up