GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by Vaboy
This was the short route carrier that bought my car from Finland to Bremerhaven. Another member got a hit on his VIN number on one of their ships. You can try your VIN number on this carriers ships (Cargo ID Number) and maybe you'll get lucky. Snoop around their website to see how to find tracking info. it'll give you an idea of what to look for if you want to check some other carriers at the port in Finland.

http://www.uecc.com/customer-centre/...igh-and-heavy/

Hint: look at the carriers itinerary and zero in on any ships going to Bremerhaven.

Or, you can just wait a few days like fabbris said until the ship out of
Bremerhaven shows up in Netstar.
How do you find out what ship your car is on? I searched the VIN on that site and it found information on when it arrived/departed but it did not give the name of the boat for me to track.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:26 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Thanks for the link. Based on watching port traffic, it appeared to me that the only auto carrier was the Elbe Highway and indeed that turns out to be the ship. Was scheduled to depart Finland 9/15 but didn't even arrive in port until early evening. Per schedule, it is a 2 day trip to Bremerhaven via the Kiel canal.
Good job, nsoltz. Hopefully it won't sit too long at Bremerhaven!
Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Senatov
How do you find out what ship your car is on? I searched the VIN on that site and it found information on when it arrived/departed but it did not give the name of the boat for me to track.
I don't know. My car was already at Bremerhaven when I found out it had actually left Finland. I was just glad to know it was waiting to leave for Baltimore! You might try plugging in some info in the "web schedule" on that website and maybe you can figure out what ship it's on.

Looks like if your VIN shows up it should be linked to a specific ship.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Our GLC 300 left Germany on 9/8 (enroute to Long Beach), but the mystery is, on what ship. SA first said it was on the Mermaid Ace (I saw that was enroute to Baltimore). Then he said it was on the Miraculous Ace (but that was even more off-course). Then he said it was on the Mermaid and enroute to Long Beach. But the ship tracking still shows it going to Baltimore.

Go figure...
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
Our GLC 300 left Germany on 9/8 (enroute to Long Beach), but the mystery is, on what ship. SA first said it was on the Mermaid Ace (I saw that was enroute to Baltimore). Then he said it was on the Miraculous Ace (but that was even more off-course). Then he said it was on the Mermaid and enroute to Long Beach. But the ship tracking still shows it going to Baltimore.

Go figure...
It shouldn't be a mystery what ship it's on. Get a screenshot of the Vehicle Information screen in Netstar. It should look like this. Your ship's name should be obvious from that screen.

As far as on the way to Long Beach....my car was dropped off in Baltimore. Then the ship went on to the Brunswick, Ga. VPC, then on to the Panama Canal and then up the coast to Long Beach.

It took a while. Ask tedjane!
Attached Thumbnails GLC Order Waiting Room-img_5782.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:26 PM

It shouldn't be a mystery what ship it's on. Get a screenshot of the Vehicle Information screen in Netstar. It should look like this. Your ship's name should be obvious from that screen.

As far as on the way to Long Beach....my car was dropped off in Baltimore. Then the ship went on to the Brunswick, Ga. VPC, then on to the Panama Canal and then up the coast to Long Beach.

It took a while. Ask tedjane!
Interesting, because the ships itinerary originally said it was enroute to Brunswick, but then changed to Balitmore. But, I think you are correct. It will go to Baltimore and eventually to Long Beach. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:46 PM

Interesting, because the ships itinerary originally said it was enroute to Brunswick, but then changed to Balitmore. But, I think you are correct. It will go to Baltimore and eventually to Long Beach. Thanks!
Ok, so you know for sure what ship your car is on? You should be good to go then.

Remember, the key word in your last post is "eventually". Lol
Old 09-16-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV

Go figure...
To do this, you need to know how to find a specific ship schedule. If they publish one. Fortunately most do.

Next, if that company does tracking then you can use that. Unfortunately, most don't have tracking.

In that case you must be really curious (I am) and get creative. That's what nsoltz did, I think. We each found a vessel at port in Finland and guessed that it would be carrying our cars. I found one with my GLC (and Vaboy's) headed from Finland to Bremerhaven. A big car carrier would only go to such a small port for one reason, right? Again, probably the same logic nsoltz used.

But back to your situation. The Mermaid Ace is a Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) ship. Their schedule finder is here: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx

Click the dropdown, choose the Mermaid Ace, and then click 'Search' for the schedule. It left Bremerhaven Sept 7 for Baltimore, scheduled to arrive this coming Monday, Sept 18. After stops at Charleston, Brunswick, and the Panama Canal, it will arrive in Long Beach on October 5 assuming no more storms.

Figure 2-3 weeks after it arrives at Long Beach for your car to be delivered to your dealer.

Last edited by mtberman; 09-16-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:11 AM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
UECC transport GLCs assembled in Finland to the port in Bremerhaven. Next, those GLCs are loaded on other ships for transport elsewhere.

If you found your VIN on the UECC site, you know when it is/was discharged at Bremerhaven. Next, you just need to determine which ship it's going to be loaded on for final shipping to the USA. Your dealer has the ship name on the Netstar screen. It's in the upper right corner. I think someone else posted an image of that screen.

Another option for those with dealers who aren't responsive is to look at which ships are in port in Bremerhaven and meet the following criteria:

1. At Bremerhaven about 3-10 days after your car arrives there from Finland.
2. Bound for Baltimore
3. Scheduled for Long Beach after that

This is sometimes guesswork but if you're interested it can be a fun diversion to distract you from the long wait. If yours happens to get on a Wallennius ship, they have tracking on their website. Keep us posted on what you find!
Old 09-16-2017, 09:21 AM

Too many to count
Originally Posted by mtberman
UECC transport GLCs assembled in Finland to the port in Bremerhaven. Next, those GLCs are loaded on other ships for transport elsewhere.

If you found your VIN on the UECC site, you know when it is/was discharged at Bremerhaven. Next, you just need to determine which ship it's going to be loaded on for final shipping to the USA. Your dealer has the ship name on the Netstar screen. It's in the upper right corner. I think someone else posted an image of that screen.

Another option for those with dealers who aren't responsive is to look at which ships are in port in Bremerhaven and meet the following criteria:

1. At Bremerhaven about 3-10 days after your car arrives there from Finland.
2. Bound for Baltimore
3. Scheduled for Long Beach after that

This is sometimes guesswork but if you're interested it can be a fun diversion to distract you from the long wait. If yours happens to get on a Wallennius ship, they have tracking on their website. Keep us posted on what you find!
I searched Wallennius' website and K line with the VIN and no results were found. The only site that found results was UECC. I tried searching the VIN in EPC and that found nothing as well.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:37 AM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I searched Wallennius' website and K line with the VIN and no results were found. The only site that found results was UECC. I tried searching the VIN in EPC and that found nothing as well.
The UECC ship is only leg 1 of the trip, from Finland to Germany. That's a "nice to know" thing for information, but not really important. Now you want to know about leg 2 of the trip.

To determine the ship your GLC is on for leg 2 (Germany to the US) you should contact your dealer. If they aren't responsive, you can try going in personally and asking them to view your order in Netstar and look at the screen with them. The vessel name will be in the upper right corner. See post #755 above where Vaboy shows an example of this screen. Notice the vessel name listed in the upper right corner. This is where you and your dealer can find the info you need.

Last edited by mtberman; 09-16-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A4
Well I have seen my car. It's come so much quicker than expected and my current company car doesn't go back till November but I can't wait till then knowing it's at the dealers now so I am picking it up on Thursday next week. Can't wait.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:12 AM

Mtberman is right. Don't get ahead of yourself. Your car will probably be in Bremerhaven by the time you figure out how it got there from Finland! Next leg is the important one. From posts here and my experience, it seems like it takes 10-12 days from B50, Produced Not Shipped, to get assigned to a ship heading to the US.

If you (or anyone) checks with their dealer and it does not have the ship assignment info, be sure and look at the "Events" on the lower part of the Vehicle Information screen. That gives you an idea of how close it is to getting assigned to a ship. Mine took 7 days between B70 At Port- No Ship Assgnmnt and C20 Ship telex, which means it is on the water.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by mtberman
To do this, you need to know how to find a specific ship schedule. If they publish one. Fortunately most do.

Next, if that company does tracking then you can use that. Unfortunately, most don't have tracking.

In that case you must be really curious (I am) and get creative. That's what nsoltz did, I think. We each found a vessel at port in Finland and guessed that it would be carrying our cars. I found one with my GLC (and Vaboy's) headed from Finland to Bremerhaven. A big car carrier would only go to such a small port for one reason, right? Again, probably the same logic nsoltz used.

But back to your situation. The Mermaid Ace is a Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) ship. Their schedule finder is here: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx

Click the dropdown, choose the Mermaid Ace, and then click 'Search' for the schedule. It left Bremerhaven Sept 7 for Baltimore, scheduled to arrive this coming Monday, Sept 18. After stops at Charleston, Brunswick, and the Panama Canal, it will arrive in Long Beach on October 5 assuming no more storms.

Figure 2-3 weeks after it arrives at Long Beach for your car to be delivered to your dealer.
WOW, that's genius...thanks so much!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 03:39 PM

Too many to count
Mtberman is right. Don't get ahead of yourself. Your car will probably be in Bremerhaven by the time you figure out how it got there from Finland! Next leg is the important one. From posts here and my experience, it seems like it takes 10-12 days from B50, Produced Not Shipped, to get assigned to a ship heading to the US.

If you (or anyone) checks with their dealer and it does not have the ship assignment info, be sure and look at the "Events" on the lower part of the Vehicle Information screen. That gives you an idea of how close it is to getting assigned to a ship. Mine took 7 days between B70 At Port- No Ship Assgnmnt and C20 Ship telex, which means it is on the water.
I got the ship name from the dealer (K line) but the VIN doesn't come up on their tracker, and the MarineTraffic site says the boat is out of range, but does show a location that's a few days old. Looks like it's headed right for the hurricane.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 5.2 R8, 2012 TTRS, 63S Coupe on order
Thanks fabbrisd1. I do have a PO assigned with this order. Looks like I will need to find something else to obsess about for a few months.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:39 PM

I got the ship name from the dealer (K line) but the VIN doesn't come up on their tracker, and the MarineTraffic site says the boat is out of range, but does show a location that's a few days old. Looks like it's headed right for the hurricane.
Looks like hurricanes/tropical storms lined up waiting to hit the East coast. I wonder how the ships handle this. Do they sit in a safety zone until the storms pass (like cruise ships)?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:11 PM

Most members report their VIN comes up if their car is on a Wallenius ship. Not much success on the other lines. If you have the name of your ship as reported in Netstar, I'm not sure you need to worry about pulling it up in the K Line system. Your ship name should be xxxxx Highway if it's on a K Line ship. Mine was on the Eurasian Highway. After knowing that all I was interested in was knowing when it arrived in Baltimore, which was exactly the ETA shown in Netstar.

The hurricanes might affect your ships arrival time, but they know how to deal with them. If that happens, I'm pretty sure they'll update the itinerary to reflect the delay. Your ship will show back up on the AIS marine trackers once it's closer to the East coast.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Forget the time enroute for the ship. The real question we've come to learn is... how long will we be parked at port for mods! Lol!
Old 09-20-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
My car was unloaded from Elbe Highway in Bremerhaven on 9/18 per the uecc.com link and now await hearing from dealer when it is assigned to ship to Baltimore.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Hi!
I ordered my GLC today! I'm all about driver assistance features. Going custom helps me save money since I see a lot of dealer builds with AMG appearance packages without all of the driver assistance packages I like.

I'm a little worried since my lease is up in February and my miles are pretty much done on my current lease. Dealer says delivery would be possible end of December. That seems way too fast. Once they plug in my build will they know if their allocated build will work or not? I've read that sometimes certain features or packages will cause a delay.

Ordered on: 09/24/2017
Production Start Date: 11/?/2017
Delivery estimate: late December (not sure i believe that)
Ship:

My Build:
GLC300 (2wd)
Diamond Silver Metallic
Dark brown linden wood
18" 5 spoke (standard)
Black MB Tex
Multimedia pkg
Advanced Lighting pkg
Premium Driver Assistance pkg (Distronic!)
Advanced parking assist pkg
Panorama roof
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Tiguan
My wait is almost over.
Ordered 31/May
Manufactured 26/Aug
Arrived at Port 28/Aug
Ship Assigned 02/Sep
Arrived in US and cleared VPC some time last week.
Expected at dealer this week.
I wasn't really expecting it until mid Oct. Happy that it has moved so fast once manufacture was complete.

2018 GLC Coupe
Brilliant Blue
AMG Pack/Night Pack
P01/Smartphone/Parking/Burmester
Old 09-24-2017, 04:19 PM

Mercedes 250d AMG Line 4Matic Coupe.
Finally getting my GLC Coupe tomorrow!
Ordered 15th May, Couldn’t actually be ordered until July due to delays on the options i chose.

UK Order:
Build Date 4th Sept
Left Factory 8th Sept
Arrived at Zeebrugge 15th
Shipped from Zeebrugge 19th
Arrived At Killingholme 20th Sept
Arrived At Dealership 22nd Sept
PDI & Valet 23rd Sept
Collecting From Dealership 25th Sept

(GLC Coupe 250d 4Matic AMG Line
Polar White
Premium Plus Package
Driving Assistance
360 Camera
Night Pack
20" Bicolour Wheels
Cranberry & Black Interior
High Gloss Black & Aluminium Trim
Running Boards
Led Intelligent Light System
Air Balance
Air Body Control)
Attached Thumbnails GLC Order Waiting Room-photo186.jpg  
Old 09-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Just noted on WWL tracking that my car was loaded on the Figaro 9/25/17 with ETA in Baltimore on 10/6/17. That seems rather fast for transatlantic with no doubt intermediate stops. So, I'll keep checking the trackers. In any event, it's getting close!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:17 PM

2017 GLC 350d AMG Line, Premium Plus, Polar White, Intelligent Lights, 20" Wheels
That's interesting, mine was build a few days before yours, but you seem to have overtaken me .

Not sure if Coupe's are assembled in Finland, but my GLC 350d SUV was (also Polar White). It's scheduled to arrive at the dealership today, should be collecting on Saturday.

It left Finland on 10 Sept, then left BREMERHAVEN on 12th Sept, then went to Zeebrugge, then across to a UK port - certainly well traveled!

My ordering was delayed too - I think due to Air Body Control and Intelligent Lights (that's what I was told). Then the production date got put back by 1 week.

Does seem to take ages, and I don't like all this waiting hahaha, still I'm sure it'll be worth it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room