Where is everybody?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,165 Likes on 611 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Where is everybody?

How do we get this forum pumped up? No one seems to post anymore.
Is this just the general decline of the internet forums?
Where are all the cool kids going?
Bring them back!
The following 2 users liked this post by I.T. Guy:
AB550 (07-12-2024), Rover338 (07-05-2024)

Popular Reply

07-05-2024, 05:08 PM
Keith66
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 787 Likes on 534 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Hey @I.T. Guy You asked.

For me, this is an awesome automotive forum that sadly the overall good experience is ruined by a singular disrespectful spamming sponsor that continually hijacks threads with his self-serving deceit and hatred. I have had many private discussions with many members here about this. I'm not alone in my sentiments.
It can be related to this hypothetical situation:

My friends and I like to go to the local pub to discuss things and share information, however, everytime we discuss whisky, some narcissistic dude jumps in and interrupts us by saying things like "That whisky you're drinking is crap, only I have the good whisky and if you don't buy your whisky from me you'll be sorry and you'll end up in the hospital, then only I can help you. It's probably from China, I hate China and everything they do is crap. You'll be in so much pain." And he goes on and on and on and won't go away.

So we finally had enough and ask him to stop with the self-serving BS and leave us alone… then the owners jump in and say "Hey, you can't say that, that guy pays us to be here so he can do what he wants… and if you call him out on his BS or ask him to go away, we will ask you to leave and never come back." Obviously the owners don't care about the experience.

We would either look for another pub or just stop going to pubs altogether rather than endure incessant immoral sales pitches, interruptions, disrespect, deceit and hate for personal profit going unchecked.

I would not be shocked if this post gets deleted by the moderators, just like the many other posts I and other members have made calling out this sponsor for his deceitful and immoral behavior that have been deleted in the past. But the protection is because it's a paying sponsor, not for any sense of morality, benefit of the members here or improving the experience.

I'm not against sponsors, I appreciate their engagement and honest support here. We need them and they provide a great benefit here. But a disrespectful, hateful spamming sponsor attacking other members, other sponsors and other tools does nothing but hurt the experience of this forum and the members.

I come here to have fun discussing, helping and sharing with my MB family positively, not to have to deal with negative narcissistic dooshy and hateful sales pitch posts that are all about personal profit interrupting threads.

This is what keeps me away from this forum more than anything… the negative experience caused by one sponsor that doesn't seem to know how to behave like a respectful adult.

I don't need that negativity in a forum that's supposed to be fun and helpful to all.

Old 07-05-2024, 02:57 PM

Received 196 Likes on 151 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
What I did on my Summer 2024 Vacation...

Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
How do we get this forum pumped up? No one seems to post anymore.
Is this just the general decline of the internet forums?
Where are all the cool kids going?
Bring them back!
Still post on Chevy SS Forums. If don't get another AMG in 2026 might mod LS3 with TVS2650 BoostDistrict Supercharger. An 800hp build should be able to dispatch a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing. 2024 Maverick AWD just broke 1K miles...changed oil to full synthetic Amsoil Signature 5W-30. This summer will practice for Trap Competition in the Fall with recently purchased 940 JM Pro. My team includes local Judges. Don't miss the 225-mile service and warranty visits to ABQ, NM Mercedes Dealership or the $1922 monthly payments. Son is taking summer classes at GA Tech and is working for the Chairman of the Department in an Outreach Program for prospective HS Students. Daughter is doing her Microsoft thing in DC Area and later this summer in Seattle. Wifey is doing her USDA thing in Georgia and is eagerly awaiting the Maverick to haul off yard waste and other green thumb pursuits.

Keep posting I.T._Guy...Living Vicariously thru The North!
The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Hey @I.T. Guy You asked.

For me, this is an awesome automotive forum that sadly the overall good experience is ruined by a singular disrespectful spamming sponsor that continually hijacks threads with his self-serving deceit and hatred. I have had many private discussions with many members here about this. I'm not alone in my sentiments.

My friends and I like to go to the local pub to discuss things and share information, however, everytime we discuss whisky, some narcissistic dude jumps in and interrupts us by saying things like "That whisky you're drinking is crap, only I have the good whisky and if you don't buy your whisky from me you'll be sorry and you'll end up in the hospital, then only I can help you. It's probably from China, I hate China and everything they do is crap. You'll be in so much pain." And he goes on and on and on and won't go away.

So we finally had enough and ask him to stop with the self-serving BS and leave us alone… then the owners jump in and say "Hey, you can't say that, that guy pays us to be here so he can do what he wants… and if you call him out on his BS or ask him to go away, we will ask you to leave and never come back." Obviously the owners don't care about the experience.

We would either look for another pub or just stop going to pubs altogether rather than endure incessant immoral sales pitches, interruptions, disrespect, deceit and hate for personal profit going unchecked.

I would not be shocked if this post gets deleted by the moderators, just like the many other posts I and other members have made calling out this sponsor for his deceitful and immoral behavior that have been deleted in the past. But the protection is because it's a paying sponsor, not for any sense of morality, benefit of the members here or improving the experience.

I'm not against sponsors, I appreciate their engagement and honest support here. We need them and they provide a great benefit here. But a disrespectful, hateful spamming sponsor attacking other members, other sponsors and other tools does nothing but hurt the experience of this forum and the members.

I come here to have fun discussing, helping and sharing with my MB family positively, not to have to deal with negative narcissistic dooshy and hateful sales pitch posts that are all about personal profit interrupting threads.

This is what keeps me away from this forum more than anything… the negative experience caused by one sponsor that doesn't seem to know how to behave like a respectful adult.

I don't need that negativity in a forum that's supposed to be fun and helpful to all.

The following 11 users liked this post by Keith66:
63motorsports (07-26-2024), asc (07-12-2024), Baltistyle (07-07-2024), E634Me (07-06-2024), fangelillo01 (07-14-2024), MB2timer (07-05-2024), NickTheStick (07-07-2024), S_W222 (07-06-2024), Thomas Frey (07-06-2024), TugboatBill (07-09-2024), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-12-2024) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-05-2024, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 621 Likes on 411 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
Originally Posted by Keith66
Hey @I.T. Guy You asked.

WORDS IN GOLD.
Nasty shady disparate practices have no room in a user oriented forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by S_W222:
Keith66 (07-05-2024), Thomas Frey (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 08:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
I must say of all the vehicle specific forums I have joined this is probably the slowest, which is a shame - I've been a member here since 2008 (I think) and I remember such a different experience when I owned E55's 15 years ago. I still check in frequently looking for new posts/info and I will continue. I looked for groups on FB but haven't found anything with any traction.
The following 2 users liked this post by RACE_MX:
amg guy (07-13-2024), I.T. Guy (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 08:28 PM

Received 208 Likes on 109 Posts
2020 e63s wagon
I'm still here even if I don't have an e63 anymore
The following 2 users liked this post by SEXYBEAST:
Drone_S213 (07-06-2024), I.T. Guy (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 08:39 PM

Received 112 Likes on 54 Posts
2023 E63S AMG - Grey Magno
I’ve been on many car forums for various cars I’ve owned and this one is by far the most dead one. I honestly think that is the case because these cars are so expensive and not many can afford them. Guys that buy them aren’t forum people and don’t try to modify them. I could see this place picking up in a few years when these cars are 50k or less on the used market.
The following 3 users liked this post by zukmeister:
asc (07-12-2024), I.T. Guy (07-05-2024), Keith66 (07-05-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 09:20 PM

Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts
SL63
There is probably a high lurker to poster ratio on this forum more than others I have been on.
I used to post on a helicopter forum that became heavily moderated to the point of being outright censored.
On that forum, it was a well enforced rule that if anything turned political outside of some direct connection to helicopters, posts were deleted. NQA No questions asked, because anyone who posted a question about the deleted post, got deleted.
If anyone was honest, the way politics now influences almost every aspect of our lives, they would be more tolerant to helicopter posts that were politically connected.
That was enough for that forum to open a political only and totally separate website, with links of course.
But even that site got so heavily moderated that membership dwindled to next to nothing.
Maybe it’s all part of the lifecycle of a membership and discussion forum.
Old 07-05-2024, 09:27 PM

Hey @I.T. Guy You asked.

Benz ninja? Holy crap is that person annoying
The following 4 users liked this post by zukmeister:
asc (07-12-2024), Crito (07-05-2024), S_W222 (07-05-2024), TugboatBill (07-09-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by MB2timer
There is probably a high lurker to poster ratio on this forum more than others I have been on.
I used to post on a helicopter forum that became heavily moderated to the point of being outright censored.
On that forum, it was a well enforced rule that if anything turned political outside of some direct connection to helicopters, posts were deleted. NQA No questions asked, because anyone who posted a question about the deleted post, got deleted.
If anyone was honest, the way politics now influences almost every aspect of our lives, they would be more tolerant to helicopter posts that were politically connected.
That was enough for that forum to open a political only and totally separate website, with links of course.
But even that site got so heavily moderated that membership dwindled to next to nothing.
Maybe it’s all part of the lifecycle of a membership and discussion forum.
I'm on another forum that is dying a slow death because the mods are running off all the interesting people and basically killing their core demographic. All that's left are boring crybabies that report posts. It's getting terrible. If people aren't banned they are just leaving because it's just dumb. The trolls and idiots are winning. It's frustrating to watch.
The following 3 users liked this post by I.T. Guy:
Baltistyle (07-07-2024), MB2timer (07-05-2024), SpydrMnky (07-24-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Monkey see, monkey do. The little tyrants are just imitating the big tyrants. Everyone wants to control the narrative and shadowban all the dissent. That's why this fourth of July I'm calling George Washington an insurrectionist and anyone who makes bombs that burst in the air is a terrorist.
Old 07-05-2024, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by zukmeister
Benz ninja? Holy crap is that person annoying
Well to be fair... I have not heard one single complaint about the product and service. In fact after finding out my HP Tuners can't code the 213, and is only good for logging about 10% of the channels that I could log on my W212, I recently reached out and got a quote from the Ninja and am seriously considering it. The quote process and sales process is not abrasive like the marketing is. He was very up front with all the costs, and transparent where it all comes from. It's pretty damn cheap for what you get. I will admit his marketing comes across as scammy and 1990's infomercial lol. Yet I have yet to hear of a single legit complaint about the product or service. A famous youtuber on here uses Ninja's stuff to do his coding. It works. I'd suggest Ninja tone it down but I just don't think he can... I kind of love him for it in a weird way, though I'm pretty sure it costs him sales. But what do I know, maybe it works better for him then just standing behind a solid product?

There are other REAL scammers on here like Mode Carbon to warn about. Non shipped product, no refunds, vaporware, 100% deposits just lost... years of excuses... at least the Ninja delivers exactly what he says he will. He just says it... in his own... peculiar way.
asc (07-12-2024), BenzNinja (07-06-2024), SpydrMnky (07-24-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
P.S. please don't hate me now too.

MB2timer (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by RACE_MX
I must say of all the vehicle specific forums I have joined this is probably the slowest, which is a shame - I've been a member here since 2008 (I think) and I remember such a different experience when I owned E55's 15 years ago. I still check in frequently looking for new posts/info and I will continue. I looked for groups on FB but haven't found anything with any traction.
Let's make this THE place!
I just don't know how.

I helped run and hosted a car forum in the 90s and it just trickled away and we shut it down early 2000's. I don't want to see that happen here.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Hey @I.T. Guy You asked.

@BenzNinja before reacting - pause - think - and then just do the opposite!

BenzNinja (07-06-2024), NickTheStick (07-07-2024), PeterUbers (07-07-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 11:33 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by Crito
Monkey see, monkey do. The little tyrants are just imitating the big tyrants. Everyone wants to control the narrative and shadowban all the dissent. That's why this fourth of July I'm calling George Washington an insurrectionist and anyone who makes bombs that burst in the air is a terrorist.
I am not disagreeing with your term little tyrant. I think it is very descriptive. I just prefer the term petty tyrant.
One thing I like about the term petty tyrant is its direct connection to petty, or being petty. It’s a natural human frailty that we are all vulnerable to. I am obviously including myself. So to me the phrase not only highlights something or someone I don’t like, but also warns me to avoid the natural inclination to be petty myself.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 595 Likes on 341 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
I’ve noticed this is the general trend on MBworld, and especially for E63s forums (when the car is relatively new still).

chalk it up to there not being as many enthusiasts who buy E63s, let alone contribute to forums interested in modifying these cars. I noticed the same trend when I had my W212E63 when it was new about 10 years ago.

The C63s forums were much more active. But still tame compared to Audizine or Bimmerpost forums.

🤷🏽‍♂️
I.T. Guy (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 564 Likes on 388 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Usually check the site at least twice a day, but don't post that much unless I think I can add something to the conversation.

The 2018 E63s has been humming a long fine so haven't needed to come to the forum looking for info. Just did a ~1200 round trip for a family wedding and the car really made the trip go by. Much of the trip was on two lane highways so the ability to accelerate quickly for passing was really appreciated as was the way the car loved the curvy mountain roads even with a full complement of passengers and luggage.

Think I'm up to around 26,000 miles on the car now and have no complaints. Other than the early issues with the misfire codes, which I always felt was more an emissions limit set too low than a real problem, its been great.
I.T. Guy (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 AMG E43
Interrupting otherwise friendly and helpful discussions with posts of lies and fear to prey on members that may not know any better, and baselessly attacking other members and tools should not be acceptable to the moderators or members here (coming from anyone).

https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post8991024

If members here support this kind of behavior by coddling a grown man like he's a child with no self control just because "he does good work", I find that pathetic and spineless.

I'd prefer this forum to be a collective based upon integrity, honesty and helpfulness with no tolerance for BS and lies by a sponsor or anyone, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I've been coming here for fun, sharing, learning and being helpful to others when I can. I don't want to come here to engage in battling lies and deceitful fear tactics being used for one man's profit with no respect for anyone here… and it continues unchecked without moderation.

No thanks. I prefer honesty, positivity and people truly helping each other without a profit motive.

The following 6 users liked this post by Keith66:
asc (07-12-2024), FastWgn (07-08-2024), PeterUbers (07-07-2024), raudiace4 (07-07-2024), TugboatBill (07-09-2024), zukmeister (07-07-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-07-2024, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 595 Likes on 341 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Interrupting otherwise friendly and helpful discussions with posts of lies and fear to prey on members that may not know any better, and baselessly attacking other members and tools should not be acceptable to the moderators or members here (coming from anyone).

https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post8991024

If members here support this kind of behavior by coddling a grown man like he's a child with no self control just because "he does good work", I find that pathetic and spineless.

I'd prefer this forum to be a collective based upon integrity, honesty and helpfulness with no tolerance for BS and lies by a sponsor or anyone, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I've been coming here for fun, sharing, learning and being helpful to others when I can. I don't want to come here to engage in battling lies and deceitful fear tactics being used for one man's profit with no respect for anyone here… and it continues unchecked without moderation.

No thanks. I prefer honesty, positivity and people truly helping each other without a profit motive.
I agree I have no idea why this is an approved Vendor here and why anyone would buy anything. Smh.

Last edited by Rock; 07-08-2024 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Insulting language
zukmeister (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 178 Posts
Trek Bike
In my opinion this forum lost the entertainment value. Not sure how many of you folks remember Ronin’s dueling with ECU/TCU/CPC tuners…that was fun!
Good old times…..
The following 6 users liked this post by 6G Schnell:
b0rderman (07-09-2024), Baltistyle (07-07-2024), E634Me (07-08-2024), I.T. Guy (07-08-2024), PeterUbers (07-07-2024), TugboatBill (07-09-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-07-2024, 09:18 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
In my opinion this forum lost the entertainment value. Not sure how many of you folks remember Ronin’s dueling with ECU/TCU/CPC tuners…that was fun!
Good old times…..
A good feud would really spice things up.
I.T. Guy (07-08-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 09:47 PM

Received 352 Likes on 242 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by MB2timer
A good feud would really spice things up.
Unfortunately and was was mentioned in OP's post is that some of the moderators here act like ten year olds protecting their best friend, "the bully". I live in a live and let live world and they have no business censoring normal banter and need to let some of these turds get kicked in the nuts. They are bullies on the forums, they are bullies in real life, and thats fine, but let us call them what they are. And when we reach out to the moderators, we should expect to be treated equally and without discrimination. Dont stick up for yourself to them or they will use their mighty powers to threaten your removal from the forum, like a child would do by not conversing and only having a one way conversation. I dont care that they aren't paid, then they can stop volunteering their tyranny. The ability to see all sides of a conversation that is uncensored will be a downfall of this forum, just like its the downfall of many around us. Technical forums come with opinion and as children, most of us were able to tell the difference between opinion and fact and not mentally break down if the words we heard were different than our own thoughts. Sadly, this last statement does not apply to the moderation here as it is pay to play. We allow thieves, we allow spamming and people dont want to deal with that. I dont really need spam of an exhaust in a forum that the company does not even support which happens on this forum all the time and if I cal them out I get warned. Thats some serious BS. And just like op, i expect to be moderated, warned, and threatened from this post cause #immaturemoderation

Last edited by Baltistyle; 07-07-2024 at 09:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Baltistyle:
6G Schnell (07-07-2024), MB2timer (07-08-2024), PeterUbers (07-07-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 178 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Unfortunately and was was mentioned in OP's post is that some of the moderators here act like ten year olds protecting their best friend, "the bully". I live in a live and let live world and they have no business censoring normal banter and need to let some of these turds get kicked in the nuts. They are bullies on the forums, they are bullies in real life, and thats fine, but let us call them what they are. And when we reach out to the moderators, we should expect to be treated equally and without discrimination. Dont stick up for yourself to them or they will use their mighty powers to threaten your removal from the forum, like a child would do by not conversing and only having a one way conversation. I dont care that they aren't paid, then they can stop volunteering their tyranny. The ability to see all sides of a conversation that is uncensored will be a downfall of this forum, just like its the downfall of many around us. Technical forums come with opinion and as children, most of us were able to tell the difference between opinion and fact and not mentally break down if the words we heard were different than our own thoughts. Sadly, this last statement does not apply to the moderation here as it is pay to play. We allow thieves, we allow spamming and people dont want to deal with that. I dont really need spam of an exhaust in a forum that the company does not even support which happens on this forum all the time and if I cal them out I get warned. Thats some serious BS. And just like op, i expect to be moderated, warned, and threatened from this post cause #immaturemoderation
This begs the question: how come vendor/spammers can abuse this owners’ forum?
What is the purpose of having “AMG vendor classifieds”?
Old 07-08-2024, 07:43 AM

On other forums when you block someone, you don't see them make their threads either. I shouldn't have to see this crap.

The following 2 users liked this post by zukmeister:
MB2timer (07-08-2024), TugboatBill (07-09-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is everybody?