SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Ran into AMG EATER tag on a M5 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65/BENTLEY GT
Wink Ran into AMG EATER tag on a M5 today

My wife and I were driving on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and saw a M5. As we got closer I pulled into the lane next to himat the red light. The light turned green and we both moved with the traffic. His lane opened up and he pulled ahead of me a little, and that's when I saw the personalized tag AMG EATER. Needless to say I switched lanes applied a little pressure to the peddle while praying that the eater would just breathe wrong. Sorry guys, not action. He just turned into the U turn lane without making as much as a sound.

I believe that this is the guy that talked alot of smack to me about his Porsche a few months ago on this site. He had his chance to eat some AMG, but maybe his stomach wasn't in a very digestive mood, or he is very faint at heart.

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 03-10-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 PM

An Affalterbach Beast & Others
There's always someone faster and more powerful, I couldn't have a tag like that. I guess he knew not to try you. At least back your talk, ha ha.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:39 PM

he obviously has a small *****
Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 PM

2005 SL65
ceza...

or it could just be flaccid.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
My wife and I were driving on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and saw a M5. As we got closer I pulled into the lane next to himat the red light. The light turned green and we both moved with the traffic. His lane opened up and he pulled ahead of me a little, and that's when I saw the personalized tag AMG EATER. Needless to say I switched lanes applied a little pressure to the peddle while praying that the eater would just breathe wrong. Sorry guys, not action. He just turned into the U turn lane without making as much as a sound.

I believe that this is the guy that talked alot of smack to me about his Porsche a few months ago on this site. He had his chance to eat some AMG, but maybe his stomach wasn't in a very digestive mood, or he is very faint at heart.
This is the pitfall of poorly thought out vanity plates. Every time I see a 65 I just hear the theme from JAWS in my head.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Wink

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
This is the pitfall of poorly thought out vanity plates. Every time I see a 65 I just hear the theme from JAWS in my head.

Now this is funny
Old 03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I know of the guy, full of himself. Tried to get him to go to lunch with me and be nice, but he is too cool for everyone and quite arrogant. Had to put this in public buddy, enjoy

DBERRY, did you ever see my green G around Palm Beach?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
I know the guy.

I thought I allready posted a reply....................... hmmm....

Anyway, he is a cool guy and had AMGs before. To him it is an inside joke....

So chill dudes!!!....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
I know the guy.

So chill dudes!!!....
Nothing about that. I'm a friendly guy when I am FRIENDLY. I went up to him a few times before I bought my Lamborghini and he seemed like one of those "I'm better than you cause I got a better car." Wouldn't talk to me or anything. Seemed to be a little nicer after I got my Lamborghini.

Just saying I've met more friendly car enthusiasts before. And without getting into details, this guy doesn't impress me at all.

To each his own,

Dinko
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I know the guy.

So chill dudes!!!....
The problem with inside jokes is that everybody who is not on the INSIDE doesn't get them. Hence displaying said inside joke to the public is counterproductive.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 AM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Originally Posted by dinko
I know of the guy, full of himself. Tried to get him to go to lunch with me and be nice, but he is too cool for everyone and quite arrogant. Had to put this in public buddy, enjoy

DBERRY, did you ever see my green G around Palm Beach?
I haven't yet, but if I do, I will holla or hunk at ya.

Who is the guy with the new yellow convertible mazerati. I had fun with him on the turnpike on Monday. If you know him tell him that I said got ya.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
I haven't yet, but if I do, I will holla or hunk at ya.

Who is the guy with the new yellow convertible mazerati. I had fun with him on the turnpike on Monday. If you know him tell him that I said got ya.
Haha.. no clue, but will keep an eye out
Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
some1 needs to make a MPWR EATR plates!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:09 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
I think i remember him from the e46fanatics forum or i know someone over there has that as there SN but im pretty sure he had a boosted M3 i could be wrong though... none the lese i would have loved to here about that you destroying him!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:21 PM

SL55 AMG Black on Berry Red
AMG EATER? why didn't he "eat" you then? everyone bow down to the AMG badge.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:20 AM

2003 porsche 996tt Ruf, 2005 SL55 Renntech
Just to add more fuel to the fire... i know Evan's porsche and i think he would of taken you
Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 AM

Depends where I'm going.
Nothing about that. I'm a friendly guy when I am FRIENDLY. I went up to him a few times before I bought my Lamborghini and he seemed like one of those "I'm better than you cause I got a better car." Wouldn't talk to me or anything. Seemed to be a little nicer after I got my Lamborghini.

Just saying I've met more friendly car enthusiasts before. And without getting into details, this guy doesn't impress me at all.

To each his own,

Dinko
Hey fellow SBer! Evan is pretty young and as you can imagine, with age comes maturity. I can't imagine that he would be a total jerk to a fellow enthusiast, his family is in the car modding business so being a jerk is probably not great for business. Maybe a string of bad days? He sold his "AMG ETR" Turbo, had a yellow Gallardo SE for a while and now has the M5 which I'm sure won't last long. Tell him you are from SB or 6S and he might be less of a jerk.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 AM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
AMG ETR is a 20 year old who is fortunate to have a father who is even more of an enthusiast having fielded numerous high end automobiles. I don't know him personally, but have read a few post of his on Corvette forum as his father just recently pick up a Z06.

He seemed quite humble in requesting advice on the Z so perhaps he has matured from his "arrogant" past.

Last edited by meegle; 03-19-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Hey fellow SBer! Evan is pretty young and as you can imagine, with age comes maturity. I can't imagine that he would be a total jerk to a fellow enthusiast, his family is in the car modding business so being a jerk is probably not great for business. Maybe a string of bad days? He sold his "AMG ETR" Turbo, had a yellow Gallardo SE for a while and now has the M5 which I'm sure won't last long. Tell him you are from SB or 6S and he might be less of a jerk.
He knows who I am. Like I mentioned, I'm only nice to a certain point. Don't give a **** about this guy, lets talk AMG's. I'm thinking of stepping into another..........
Old 03-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Depends where I'm going.
He knows who I am. Like I mentioned, I'm only nice to a certain point. Don't give a **** about this guy, lets talk AMG's. I'm thinking of stepping into another..........
In that case, you should school him in the ways of the world. What are you thinking of getting this time? I have had my eye on a new CL but I'm a little gun shy when it comes to the 1st year of a new design.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Oh god, you guys are too much. I have already come on here one time when I was beat by a Renntech Stage 4 E55 and very openly admitted defeat and explained myself only to be complimented by a lot of members. You guys can search for that thread, I don't need to go into my plate or anything again.

As for the SL65, I do remember seeing you, I was taking my GF to work and she was late (Carrabas which is why I made the u-turn). Trust me, I am not stupid and fully realize that an SL65 will woop my *** (I even mentioned that to my GF as we were turning around). Very nice car, I like it, and again you can search for the other thread about the place, its all in good fun and not taken serious.

As for Dinko, if you have somthing to say, say it to my face you coward. I see you every day at class and you even came up to me a few weeks or so ago and had a conversation with me asking me to use your friends detailing company. I am very nice and humble, just not to a dick like you whose first words out of their mouth when meeting me was "Oh you parents bought you the lambo, I own my own company and made all my money and bought my AMG with MY own money...." and blah blah blah trying to put me down. Everyone standing with me could not believe how big of an *** you were which is why I have no interest in speaking to you and being humble to you. You have no friends at our school and there is a reason for it, you come off as an arrogant ***** (funny how you would say this about me). I could care less how you got your car and who you are, your either a nice genuine guy or your not, and you my friend are not. Again if you have anything else to say, say it to my face twerp, don't say it behind my back on an internet forum like a child. Everyone is a tough guy behind a keyboard....

Sorry to have to write that for everyone else, I have the upmost respect for AMG owners and as said above, I am very nice and humble and my familly has had many AMG's in the past (3 SL55's, 2 E55's, Brabus SL500, and others) so there are no bad intentions with the plate.
Here is the link to the past discussion:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/176248-my-first-kill-m5-amg-eatr.html
Best Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 03-19-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Oh god, you guys are too much. I have already come on here one time when I was beat by a Renntech Stage 4 E55 and very openly admitted defeat and explained myself only to be complimented by a lot of members. You guys can search for that thread, I don't need to go into my plate or anything again.

As for the SL65, I do remember seeing you, I was taking my GF to work and she was late (Carrabas which is why I made the u-turn). Trust me, I am not stupid and fully realize that an SL65 will woop my *** (I even mentioned that to my GF as we were turning around). Very nice car, I like it, and again you can search for the other thread about the place, its all in good fun and not taken serious.

As for Dinko, if you have somthing to say, say it to my face you coward. I see you every day at class and you even came up to me a few weeks or so ago and had a conversation with me asking me to use your friends detailing company. I am very nice and humble, just not to a dick like you whose first words out of their mouth when meeting me was "Oh you parents bought you the lambo, I own my own company and made all my money and bought my AMG with MY own money...." and blah blah blah trying to put me down. Everyone standing with me could not believe how big of an *** you were which is why I have no interest in speaking to you and being humble to you. You have no friends at our school and there is a reason for it, you come off as an arrogant ***** (funny how you would say this about me). I could care less how you got your car and who you are, your either a nice genuine guy or your not, and you my friend are not. Again if you have anything else to say, say it to my face twerp, don't say it behind my back on an internet forum like a child. Everyone is a tough guy behind a keyboard....

Sorry to have to write that for everyone else, I have the upmost respect for AMG owners and as said above, I am very nice and humble and my familly has had many AMG's in the past (3 SL55's, 2 E55's, Brabus SL500, and others) so there are no bad intentions with the plate.
Here is the link to the past discussion:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=176248
Best Regards,
Evan
Keep the "high ground",you always can look down...
Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Originally Posted by absent
Keep the "high ground",you always can look down...
Thank you and intend to. I am a nice humble enthusiast who likes just about any car out there and gets along with just about everyone out there. I have no reason to look down on any car or anyone.
People just take this whole "hobby" too serious somtimes and its a shame.
Regards,
Evan
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Evan is cool!!! And a good driver. Saw him at Willow Springs many times...

So like I said, chill dudes!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Almost a Member!

06 M3
Evan is cool!!! And a good driver. Saw him at Willow Springs many times...

So like I said, chill dudes!!!!
Thanks for the compliment, but I think you are thinking of the other AMG ETR out in Cali with an E39 Blue M5 (I didn't know he had the license plate when I got mine). He is a very nice guy also though, we have spoken
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Ran into AMG EATER tag on a M5 today