Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Coupe
Angry Uuuughhhh!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Sister: I got into an accident yesterday
Sister: And the back end of the car is smashed - driver side - bumper and tail light and wheel bent and axel gone through
Sister: but it wasn't my fault so the other person's insurance has to pay for it
Sister: good news is not front damage
Sister: so no major repair needed
Sister: but still
Sister: I'm bummed out
Sister: will get back the car hopefully in 2 weeks

UGH!!! So has any moron damaged your car yet? She's only had it since July!!!!! I really want to shoot the fool who did this! I'm guessing she got rear ended and in FL, that's the other person's fault no matter what the situation is...but now the car is gonna be worth less and stupid crap like that! I told her to call up the local dealers and see who they get their body work done with. Any other advice for her?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by midget fidger
Sister: And the back end of the car is smashed - driver side - bumper and tail light and wheel bent and axel gone through
Sister: but it wasn't my fault so the other person's insurance has to pay for it

UGH!!! So has any moron damaged your car yet? She's only had it since July!!!!! I really want to shoot the fool who did this! I'm guessing she got rear ended and in FL, that's the other person's fault no matter what the situation is...but now the car is gonna be worth less and stupid crap like that! I told her to call up the local dealers and see who they get their body work done with. Any other advice for her?
Is she o.k.? If so, count your blessings...the car can be repaired.

Last edited by C43AMG; 12-13-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Yea, that is very true She's fine, I don't think she was taken away or anything.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Yea, that is very true She's fine, I don't think she was taken away or anything.
That's cool. Keep us posted on how it turns out and what the damge is.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
As long as she is okay ...

I got to say though I think I have you beat ...
Brank spanking new FX45 ... about 200 miles ... get rearended from left to right on Highway 101. My wife was driving with my son in the back. Main thing is that everyone is safe ... I"m glad these cars can take such a big hit without any injuries nowadays.

Destroyed the resale value.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM

2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe, for now :)

Was her car an SLK? If so any damage to the roof? i guessing if that were the case, the car would be damn near totaled.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Brank spanking new FX45 ... about 200 miles ... get rearended from left to right on Highway 101. My wife was driving with my son in the back. Main thing is that everyone is safe ... I"m glad these cars can take such a big hit without any injuries nowadays.

Wow, yeah, that's even worse!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Gonzo
Was her car an SLK? If so any damage to the roof? i guessing if that were the case, the car would be damn near totaled.
Yeah, SLK350...I dunno yet if the roof was damaged or anything
Old 12-14-2005, 03:53 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Sorry, but when an SLK gets rear-ended, it's considered a "major" accident. The roof structure costs a LOT of money to repair, and it never behaves the same again after accident repair. From what you wrote, it seems like she was hit pretty hard if an axle got bent, and if you haven't seen the car in person, don't just take her word for it being nothing major. People downplay these things for fear of angering the other person.

I doubt it'll be fixed in just two weeks. Who's doing the work? Remember MB uses special paint techniques, so you need to get stuff painted in the right place, I'd use an official MB shop.

Also, the corners (areas behind the rear lights) house a lot of the mechanics for the roof, if they got damaged, you're in a world of pain.

Well, it might be minor... good luck to you.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Update: Accident happened in the left lane of the highway. The F150 that hit the SLK tried to swerve to avoid the accident. F150 ended up hitting the rear left corner of the SLK, hit the median railing, bounced back, and hit the car in front of the SLK. The person in front of the SLK ended up having to go to the hospital, so my sister was definitely lucky that the F150 didn't just ram right into her from the back. Thanks for letting me know about the corners, I'll relay it to her!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55, Infiniti M45 Sport
Originally Posted by Jesseliu

I have to say, I think I have you beat.

Brand spanking new BMW Z4, got mine the first week they came out. Less than a month later my girlfriend took it over a cliff. Down 150 feet, it rolled over three times with the top down, and finally landed on a tree.

She walked away with 2 scratches. (She was not at fault, a large utility truck was barreling down the mountain and overran the double yellow, we had witnesses).

Old 12-14-2005, 04:20 PM

2005 SLK350 Silver w/ Black; 2004 GMC Sierra 2500
WOW, sounds unfortunate for both of you guys.

With the Z4, it does show the strength of the german convertable cars though too. I bet you a Honda S2000 wouldnt look like that after a fall like that.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Damn it ...

how many miles? over 200? obviously the beemer was totalled ... I wish mine was ...
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 PM

1998 honda civic lx
dozer - holy CRAP! how in the WORLD was she not killed in that accident...let alone not injured...geez. that's amazing. midget ... sorry to hear about your sister's car. best of luck.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
ok finally got to see what the car looked like....DEFINITELY not as bad as that Z4!!! The shop still has the car. They say that since it's such a new car, they're having a hard time getting a hold of the parts. They're supposed to be using all new parts, though, so I dunno what's so hard about getting some from the dealer. Maybe dealers just don't have all that stuff in stock and need to special order it?? Seems like the car held up pretty well except for that bent wheel.
Attached Thumbnails Uuuughhhh!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!-img_1139-medium-.jpg   Uuuughhhh!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!-img_1140-medium-.jpg   Uuuughhhh!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!-img_1144-medium-edit.jpg   Uuuughhhh!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!-img_1142-medium-edit.jpg  

Last edited by midget fidger; 02-11-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Oh yeah, a funny part of the story...the SUV hit the SLK, bounced off the median, and hit some small car in front of the SLK. The girl in the small car had to be taken to the hospital immediately. No one knew her name so the accident report included her as "unknown."

A while later, my sister gets a call from the Highway Patrolman who took care of the accident. He asked my sister if she remembered what the girl in the small car looked like and if my sister could come down to the station to identify her. Turns out there was a warrant for her arrest! She faked needing to go to the hospital so her name wouldn't show up on the report...then when she got to the hospital, she snuck out and RAN AWAY! LOL!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:44 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
I don't even want to think about dented, damaged, wrecked cars. What a waste.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
Sorry about your sister's car midget. glad to hear shes okay.

Last edited by Vasir; 02-14-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 AM

Dozer, Did your insurance company "total" your Z4?