SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Slk 200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slk 200

ok i'm not rich... and i would struggle to get a slk200 (the 1.8 litre kompressor)

but i think i may be able to struggle enough thru life for 3 years by leasing the car, and then paying it off at the end of that period

the thing is though, i suspect that 1.8 litres of power (120kW) may not be enough for me

i want to learn what possibilities exist so that at a later date (perhaps in 3 yrs time when i hv paid for the car and i own it) i could take the engine out, and replace it with an engine, like that of the monaro gto (285kW)

i mean, if that slk can fit an amg 5.5l V8 then perhaps it can fit a 5.7l V8 from the monaro gto ?

i need to know more about these kind of things, cos i don't know much about cars

but i greatly appreciate ur feedback guys
Old 08-06-2004, 05:48 AM

i mean pontiac gto (in my country it's called monaro gto)
Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Exclamation

why dont you try to go to the honda civic type R forum? isn't it a good idea?

have a nice day!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:08 AM

C320 Coupe
if you can't afford the one you want (slk350 seems like it'd have enough power for you), wait until you can.....swapping engines is not something i'd recommend on a car you'll pay $40,000 for. plus, as slk55_amg was insinuating, it's very rice. good luck in making a decision.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:21 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
200 & new engine

Depending on what you're used to, the 200 is actually pretty good. It certainly feels a bit quicker than I though it would have been at that engine size, I am used to driving a lot more HP. So, give it a test drive before deciding. But, come on, swap another engine into the SLK ? That's extremely expensive and frankly, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.....
It's not as easy as it used to be with a Ford Capri or Mustang....

cheers,
Dan
Old 08-07-2004, 03:11 AM

hmm well thanx for ur feedback - all of u

amg55 - thanx for posting

prodigy - yeah its rice, but thats not my purpose to flash that fact around, it'd be something i'd prefer to hide... i mean sticking a rough piece of power in a refined car like a merc, doesn't really make sense... its just the feel that i like, the CLASS of the merc, the looks... the feel... and then with that kind of power, would just make u feel like u r the captain of a supercar...

dosers - ur rite mate... i mean, i hvn't tested it yet... i'll hv to wait to see how it feels... altho after 3 yrs i may want some extra grunt... my blood is red...

btw im not a rice boy... i'm just a 25yr old aussie that would like my slk to feel as good as it would look thanx.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jungle
ok i'm not rich... and i would struggle to get a slk200 (the 1.8 litre kompressor)

but i think i may be able to struggle enough thru life for 3 years by leasing the car, and then paying it off at the end of that period

the thing is though, i suspect that 1.8 litres of power (120kW) may not be enough for me

i want to learn what possibilities exist so that at a later date (perhaps in 3 yrs time when i hv paid for the car and i own it) i could take the engine out, and replace it with an engine, like that of the monaro gto (285kW)

i mean, if that slk can fit an amg 5.5l V8 then perhaps it can fit a 5.7l V8 from the monaro gto ?

i need to know more about these kind of things, cos i don't know much about cars

but i greatly appreciate ur feedback guys
I am from Oz too and I have a stock C200K 1.8L Kom. I am iching for a few mods for the engine as well but am out of cash and still waiting for the warranty period to expire.

I suggest you re-think about fitting the monaro block into the SLK because for starters, it's impossible and why would you wanna put push-rod technology into a Benz?

You can always opt for pulley kit upgrade that could give you at least an extra 20 honest kilowatts and exhaust and filter should yield u another ~5-10kw

my 2 c
Old 08-07-2004, 11:09 AM

now thats more like i wanna hear, u said its impossible, but why?
it's too big? wot about the 5.5L AMG engine? do they hv to mod the engine bay to fit it in?

like i said, i dunno much about this kinda stuff... i've been searching the net trying to find out more in regards to the engine dimensions etc but can't get any luck...
Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK200 Avantgarde
There is a Brabus kit that boosts the SLK 200 from 163 HP to 193 HP, but do expect to pay quite a bit for that.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:03 PM

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jungle
hmm well thanx for ur feedback - all of u

amg55 - thanx for posting

prodigy - yeah its rice, but thats not my purpose to flash that fact around, it'd be something i'd prefer to hide... i mean sticking a rough piece of power in a refined car like a merc, doesn't really make sense... its just the feel that i like, the CLASS of the merc, the looks... the feel... and then with that kind of power, would just make u feel like u r the captain of a supercar...

dosers - ur rite mate... i mean, i hvn't tested it yet... i'll hv to wait to see how it feels... altho after 3 yrs i may want some extra grunt... my blood is red...

btw im not a rice boy... i'm just a 25yr old aussie that would like my slk to feel as good as it would look thanx.
hey mate, why are you sad , C'mon i was joking sorry, but iam kinda stupid these days cause of my damn vacation startin' to end... welcome to the board leasing a slk 200k is a good idea , engine swapping is on the other hand dangerous idea,,, but seems pretty cool though hehe

7 years back i was in brisbane ,,, well gold coast , nice country , nice people and damn nice koala's (chix) hehe
Old 08-30-2004, 06:06 PM

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by prodigy1387
if you can't afford the one you want (slk350 seems like it'd have enough power for you), wait until you can.....swapping engines is not something i'd recommend on a car you'll pay $40,000 for. plus, as slk55_amg was insinuating, it's very rice. good luck in making a decision.
dude ur da maaaan