New to MB Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK55 AMG
New to MB Cars

As an owner of Bimmers for the past 15 years, I have never owned a MB. I ordered a new 2006 SLK55 a few weeks ago and was just informed by my dealer they are entering my order today. They have been allocated a car and delivery will be in early November. I ordered an Orion Blue car and I took almost all options available, NAV, Air Scarf, Xenon's, Rain Sensor. It appears Canada doesn't get so many options as many of the US options are standard in Canada. Anyways, the wait really begins now that I know the car is being built.

When I ordered my current M3, BMW had a very good web site that I could watch to see the progress of my car. Anything available for MB?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:29 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by CDN-SLK55
As an owner of Bimmers for the past 15 years, I have never owned a MB. I ordered a new 2006 SLK55 a few weeks ago and was just informed by my dealer they are entering my order today. They have been allocated a car and delivery will be in early November. I ordered an Orion Blue car and I took almost all options available, NAV, Air Scarf, Xenon's, Rain Sensor. It appears Canada doesn't get so many options as many of the US options are standard in Canada. Anyways, the wait really begins now that I know the car is being built.

When I ordered my current M3, BMW had a very good web site that I could watch to see the progress of my car. Anything available for MB?
Not that I know.... Your salesperson should be able to track it with "Netstar" program in their computer.

JMC
Old 09-10-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
I have also gone over to the dark side from BMW's. I sold my 545i last year. I have also had other 3 and 5 series BMW's. The current BMW's just don't quite fit what I want. I even cancelled my M5 order although I was first on my dealer's list. The M5 is a very fine car - just not quite right for me, however.

This week I took delivery of an SLK55. You will be pleased with your. The SLK55 is a terrific car. MB really nailed it on this one. I also have a C55, which is the best car I have owned - until the SLK55, which is even better.

TEAShea
from Nebraska
Old 09-10-2005, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Nope, have to go thru your salesperson for updates.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM

Too many to list
I was just wondering where you ordered it from. When I checked last, the waiting lists for SLK55's in Alberta was very long.

Lone Star claimed the soonest they could get a car would be Spring of 2006. Both dealers in Edmonton claim over a 2 year wait.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
I put my order in at Lone Star (just 3 weeks ago!). If you wanted a spring or summer delivery, then they told me September 06. I was willing to take a winter delivery so I was moved to the front of the line. Mine will be the first 2006 in Calgary. I had also checked out one place in Edmonton (Dave Morris fine cars) and they said July 06 ish.

Last edited by CDN-SLK55; 09-12-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:20 AM

Too many to list
They already have delivered an 06.

Looks like you got my car as I had my deposit in two months ago and didn't request spring delivery. I'll have to call them to see how that happened.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Who were you dealing with over there? They told me there were 4 people waiting for spring and summer delivery. They originally told me my allocation would be November with Jan/Feb delivery, so I was surprised when they told me I would get delivery in November. They also told me they have only delivered 05's...
Old 09-12-2005, 04:21 PM

Too many to list
In my experience, MB dealers seem to be just like any other car dealers: Don't believe much that they say.

I don't really care about getting Nov delivery as it's not an ideal time for getting an SLK and I'l also be getting a Lotus Elise that month. I just want to make sure now that I get it by Feb.

There was supposed to be 3 people in front of me on the list when I put my deposit down in July and I was quoted feb/march.

David morris fine cars quoted me mid 2007.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Sometimes an extra allocation is slipped in which the dealers don't include when it comes to honoring those with deposits. Usually it is a vehicle with options already specified or it could be a way of rewarding a salesman or salesteam so that it gets to go to their customer first even if they don't have anyone specifically in line. When the ML first came out I was able to get one of the first one's in my state even though I was not on a waiting list. It just so happened I had one of the still hot R170 SLK's that I "traded." (It was in the process of being shipped to me from another dealer.) The dealer later bragged to me that he made $10,000.00 profit over MSRP on the sale of the SLK. Anyway, this "extra ML allocation" that just happened to show up was made available to me within days of my advising of the availability of the SLK - even though initially I had been told I was looking at a 3 month or more wait for an ML. At that point in time with winter coming on the ML was of more immediate use to me than having to garage an SLK for 6 months.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Well this could be a reward as this dealer has sold more SL65's than Toronto and they have 3 times the population. I was also told there are 4 MacLarens in town, all sold to Oil Exec's executing stock options!

I stopped by the dealer on the way home just to confirm the order was placed and they did confirm it went in this morning. There estimate is November 15th. Could be snow by then so it may get a drive from the dealership to the garage! I drove my Bimmer with winter wheels and tires during the winter but I don't think the SLK will get the same treatment.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:51 AM

Too many to list
OK, got it confirmed that I'll be next in line. I actaully was the first on th list to get the November car, but becuase I was still uncertain about the color and requested to see a Diamond silver in person, they gave the car to you.

Today I just bit the bullet and confirmed that i want Diamond silver w/ Berry interior. I iknow that regualr silver is less of a gamble, but I have three other silver cars so I'm just going with the Diamond blueish tinge silver and hopefully it will be nice. I'm now looking at Dec/Jan delivery which is actually better for me than November becuase thats when i pick up my 2006 Lotus Elise.

I have no qualms about driving this car in the winter. It will be my slowest car that I own and given that it comes with relatively skinny tires, i think it will be fine in the snow with Dunlop Winter Sport M3's.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 AM

Too many to list
I was also told there are 4 MacLarens in town, all sold to Oil Exec's executing stock options!
Intersting, I was told by Lonse Star in July that there have been no SLR sold in Canada yet. However, 2 weeks later I saw one on 17th Ave with Alberta plates. It was Silver and although it looked cool, it's not worth 6 times the price of an SLK55.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:18 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by trompazo
Today I just bit the bullet and confirmed that i want Diamond silver w/ Berry interior. I iknow that regualr silver is less of a gamble, but I have three other silver cars so I'm just going with the Diamond blueish tinge silver and hopefully it will be nice.
My 2006 SLK55 is Diamond Silver with black and berry interior and I can assure you the combination is amazing. People comment on the color every day. I don't understand why so many people have reservations about Diamond Silver and red. You will love it.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:13 AM

Too many to list
Thanks. My only reservation about diamond was that in some pics is seem to looked mint green. But it looks great in all the other pics I've seen.

I really hate buying a rare color that I've never seen in person, but i don't think its that big of a risk.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Well congrats on the car. I was also looking into the Diamond silver but because they couldn't show me this color other than on there color chips, I went with the Orion Blue as I have seen that color and liked it a lot.

So are they giving you the November allocation spot then? That was the one they originally gave me then must have got this special one. I stopped by the other day and Dominic brought up the system they use to track it. It was cool to see my order in there. Makes it a bit more real!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55
^^ thx
Attached Thumbnails New to MB Cars-slk55-logo.jpg