Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 6.1 Brabus, E55, SLK55
Some real quick pics..

Just some quick pics of my car.
Loving it...
Its been almost 3 months since I gotten my lips and lid. I wanted to wait till snow season is gone before putting HREs and kits on, but, I guess thats not gonna happen esp.... After seeing Dinko's and SLKfromlokey's car.... I couldnt wait to get mine done....so...Here is a few quick pics.....

I'll get the diffuser painted and hopefully can get it on by next week.
Shipping off ECU for kleemann upgrade this coming week too?
Getting my badges painted in titanium~ black chrome....a few more stuff.. Will post more pictures when I can...
Attached Thumbnails Some real quick pics..-s-bday-109.jpg   Some real quick pics..-s-bday-107.jpg   Some real quick pics..-brabus-lights.jpg   Some real quick pics..-s-bday-105.jpg   Some real quick pics..-s-bday-097.jpg  

Old 02-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I like the mods you have done to your car!
What kind of front spoiler is that?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
KLEEMANN SPOILER

Dayum, I was supposed to be the first with that spoiler on this board. Still hasn't touched my car.

Zaint, thanks for the pics! Car looks awesome! This just gives me more reason to go and re-do my rear lights. They are almost back to stock looking and not smoked as they used to be.

Keep it up

edit: I also want more info on your antenna... looks nice painted!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM

Beautiful car.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
So are you going to lower your car? Haven't decided? Worried about rubbing? Just curious.

PS. Titanium black badges should be interesting. I think it would look pretty nice since your car is all silver and black.

Last edited by dsb; 02-11-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:19 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Great job on your modifications, love the way your car looks with the modifications on it.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:33 AM

AMG
great! car, the front spoiler lip is aggressive looking , yet it does match with your car ... is the side round alike lights from Brabus? my friend has the SV 12 SL Brabus and he has the same thing...
Old 02-12-2006, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 233 Likes on 182 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Sharp car.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:59 AM

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get everything done on my car! Hopefully by next weekend I will post more pictures of the changes.

Dinko,

Yah, I love the smoked tail lights!! I love the deep redish color it has now, pretty scared it will start to fade ( been almost 5 months now and faded a lil)... If you happen to know how to keep the dark red color please let me know.
The antenna, I took it off my SL back home. Just repainted and changed it with the old ones.

dsb,

I almost purchased brabus spring from euroteck!!! I really wanted to lower my car a little more, but I'm so scared of rubbing. I guess we might have to ask Dinko for more information on lowering.

AMG&AMG

Thanks! Yup! It will only light up when u open the doors! Like my SL and E class back home May be its just me but I like it.

Last edited by zaint10; 02-12-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Zaint, C2D will be re-doing my tail lights. They have a special way of doing it so it does not fade. Mine were originally just as dark as yours but all that was done is sprayed with clear-coat and black paint.

Also, can you take a couple more pics of the rear spoiler ?

DSB & Zaint, I'm gonna have Chris & Spencer at C2D look at the car's fenders. I hope to god that they can fix the rubbing issue because the car looks HOT lowered. If all is resolved, you guys are lowering your cars too!

Dinko
Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by dinko
Zaint, C2D will be re-doing my tail lights. They have a special way of doing it so it does not fade. Mine were originally just as dark as yours but all that was done is sprayed with clear-coat and black paint.

Also, can you take a couple more pics of the rear spoiler ?

DSB & Zaint, I'm gonna have Chris & Spencer at C2D look at the car's fenders. I hope to god that they can fix the rubbing issue because the car looks HOT lowered. If all is resolved, you guys are lowering your cars too!

Dinko
If there is a way of lowering it. I'm with you all the way!
Well. Though, I think the front ground clearance with the lip is low. I'm still really interested in lowering, because of the gap between the wheels and the fender.

Here u go.. some other angles of the rear spoiler. Personally, I think it does make a big difference but in some angles it still does look a bit like stock spoiler if you are not observent.
Attached Thumbnails Some real quick pics..-s-bday-009.jpg   Some real quick pics..-s-bday-004.jpg   Some real quick pics..-s-bday-011.jpg  
Old 02-12-2006, 11:47 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Dinko,

Regarding lowering the car. I know you are having C2D look at the car. There is a couple things they can try. If the front is rubbing on the fender wall, you can roll it a little. If on the inside, forget it unless you use spacers. As for the rears, there is nothing to roll. I think the offset is either right or wrong (at least for lowering). Like I said before, if it doesn't work for you Dinko, I'd like to give it a try. However, I do hope you get the look you want.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
DSB, so if it is rubbing in the inside on the rear, there is nothing I can do? I know for sure it is rubbing on the insides......
Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 PM

Lamborghini Gallardo, Turbo, SLK 55, E350 4Matic, Xterra
zaint: where you having the car ship off too? i'm ready to get my kleeman stuff done but don't know which shop to use?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:18 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Dinko,

If it is rubbing on the front inside, you can only add a spacer which will move your wheels further out. However, most would advise against this. This puts more stress on the lug bolts and it could be a little dangerous during hard cornering.

If it is rubbing on the rear inside, then you can 1)get spacers or 2)increase the spring pads. Increasing the spring pads or shims as MB calls them, would actually increase the ride height and might make the car stop rubbing or at least possibly reduce it. Of course, if you hit a large bump, it'll most likely still rub.

Note: the fronts do not have spring pads.

C2D might have other tricks up their sleeve but I can't think of any other way.

PS, it's hard to tell how much lower the car is. Did you ever measure the wheel gap before and after the drop? Can you provide the difference? If you didn't take before measurements, could you at least post after measurements? You have the only 55 with a drop so that data would help.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:55 PM

I think I experienced some rubbing too. Yesterday, I was going over really huge bump and heard screeching noise from the passanger side. I would guess its from the tires rubbing the inner wall of the fender.
I personally don't think spacers would make the rear look good. In my case 9.5 rear already seems to be "almost" be sticking out. I think if I add spacers it would make the wheels stick out too much.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by zaint10
I think I experienced some rubbing too. Yesterday, I was going over really huge bump and heard screeching noise from the passanger side. I would guess its from the tires rubbing the inner wall of the fender.
I personally don't think spacers would make the rear look good. In my case 9.5 rear already seems to be "almost" be sticking out. I think if I add spacers it would make the wheels stick out too much.
True, but it depends on how much you need to move it out. There are spacers out there as little as 3MM. It kinda sucks, but since we're the first ones to attempt to lower the 55, they'll be some trial and lots of errors.

Btw, I heard this but never tried it...
If you want to determine where it's rubbing, place some white shoe polish on the tires and drive aggressively. The polish should rub off onto the wheel well or where ever it's rubbing.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Hmmm... Sounds interesting. I think I should try that to find out where the rubbing is.
BTW, dsb, Is your car 19" too?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:51 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Hmmm... Sounds interesting. I think I should try that to find out where the rubbing is.
BTW, dsb, Is your car 19" too?
Yes, but here's my problem. The fronts appear fine. The rears didn't clear the brake calipers, so I used some thin 3MM spacers temporarily. DPE is making me some new rear wheels. I haven't driven aggressively at all. I won't while these temp wheels are on nor while I have spacers. Therefore, I haven't rubbed but don't know if I will. I'll get the new wheels in the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know then.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:36 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG
where can i order that short antenna? anyone? HELP!
Old 02-12-2006, 07:06 PM

Nishi,

I took it off the SL. You can try getting the standard SL from merc? Or else I think brabus has a really nice one too.
Attached Thumbnails Some real quick pics..-etcss.jpg  
Old 02-12-2006, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dsb
Yes, but here's my problem. The fronts appear fine. The rears didn't clear the brake calipers, so I used some thin 3MM spacers temporarily. DPE is making me some new rear wheels. I haven't driven aggressively at all. I won't while these temp wheels are on nor while I have spacers. Therefore, I haven't rubbed but don't know if I will. I'll get the new wheels in the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know then.

I can imagine how you would feel dsb! I bought a S65 double spoke titanium without checking the proper offset. In the end it turned out that I didn't want to use spacers so have to get rid of them. They are still with me now. Anybody interested? It might fit SLK but need spacers.
Hope everything goes well for your wheels. Can't wait to see them.
BTW 10" rear wouldnt be too sticking out???

Last edited by zaint10; 02-12-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Almost a Member!

06 SLK55, iridium/black 030 AMG Performance Pkg 319 Lighting Pkg 326 Premium Pkg 420 Entertainment
Great car man! I like what you did!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
BTW 10" rear wouldnt be too sticking out???
I initially thought the same. I kept thinking it looked a little weird. Everyone person I asked (many friends that mod cars) said they liked it, commenting that it looked more aggressive without looking ghetto. You know what I mean? Also, someone pointed out that the little flare on the rear makes it look like it takes a wider wheel. Here's a crappy pic. LOL

PS. Keep in mind that this includes the wheel with a spacer. The new wheel will go a bit more into the wheel well, about 10mm. Also, the angle of this pic makes it look like it protrudes more.
Attached Thumbnails Some real quick pics..-test.jpg  

Last edited by dsb; 02-12-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by dsb
I initially thought the same. I kept thinking it looked a little weird. Everyone person I asked (many friends that mod cars) said they liked it, commenting that it looked more aggressive without looking ghetto. You know what I mean? Also, someone pointed out that the little flare on the rear makes it look like it takes a wider wheel. Here's a crappy pic. LOL
Thanks SLKfromLOKEY !!

How do you like ur diffuser in silver paint?

I'm still considering getting diffuser painted in black to go with the rims and emblems. On the other hand I think silver would be cleaner?
Any oppinion or suggestion anyone?

dsb,

Your car looks hot!
I think the rims fit well. I was looking at my wheels too and I think the tiny flare at the rear covers part of the wheel which makes the wheel less sticking out. It also help to create "wider" and more solid looks from the rear. It make the car look more agressive without looking very ghetto like you said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some real quick pics..