Kleemann Cams 4 sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Kleemann Cams 4 sale

Wanna finish my project Talon so I'm contemplating getting rid of these. Unless I go FI with my car it's never gonna run with my Talon 1/4 mile or topend. Had them in the car since May of this month but I'm lucky if I have 1500 to 3000 miles on these so they r pretty new.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c43-amg-w202/190474-installing-race-cams-project-w202-c55.html

In a E55K:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=cams

PM me with an offer, I will let these go for a very reasonable price. $2050.00 obo

They are for the V8 Kompressor motors and any of the N/A V8's(4.3,5.0,5.5L). I will consider the first serious inquirer. Hope to take these out within a weeks time.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$2050.00 obo
Old 12-02-2007, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sold!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Wanna finish my project Talon so I'm contemplating getting rid of these. Unless I go FI with my car it's never gonna run with my Talon 1/4 mile or topend. Had them in the car since May of this month but I'm lucky if I have 1500 to 3000 miles on these so they r pretty new.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190474

In a E55K:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=cams

They are for the V8 Kompressor motors and any of the N/A V8's(4.3,5.0,5.5L).
I don't get that line? They can't be for both. A "blower" grind cam won't work well on a non-force induction car they have different profiles. So, either the cam was spec'd out for a force induction engine setup or a N/A one.

Pp
Old 12-04-2007, 02:41 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Ppower
I don't get that line? They can't be for both. A "blower" grind cam won't work well on a non-force induction car they have different profiles. So, either the cam was spec'd out for a force induction engine setup or a N/A one.

Pp
This is not correct? The Kleemann cams can be used for the N/A 5.5L powerplant or in conjuntion with their blower. While profiled for a blown engine, they will still work effectively when used in conjuction w/headers & an ECU tune (so you must buy the headers & ECU tune or the cams, by themeselves, in a N/A application won't do much of anything).

-Matt
Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
This is not correct? The Kleemann cams can be used for the N/A 5.5L powerplant or in conjuntion with their blower. While profiled for a blown engine, they will still work effectively when used in conjuction w/headers & an ECU tune (so you must buy the headers & ECU tune or the cams, by themeselves, in a N/A application won't do much of anything).

-Matt
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Originally Posted by Yellow R1

-Matt
I'd have to agree with Ppower on this one, based on what I was told by Kleeman itself. I've been in contact with a Kleeman distributor to discuss plans for my car and to request their input on certain mods. To make a long story short I intend on a pretty extensive NA build up for my car and had included Kleeman cams in that plan. Much to my surprise, and to their credit IMO, this is an exerpt from the answer I received back, concerning the cams in particular:

...I was just talking with Kleemann USA and we were discussing your plans to upgrade the car but keep it N/A and one issue that came up was that the camshafts are ground to make big power for forced induction engine, we think that since your plan is to keep it N/A to save your money and not go with the cams. If eventually you decide to go with a S/C set up on the vehicle then we can think about camshafts...

This carried a lot of weight for me, and along with my previous (admittedly limited) research into cam selection on other cars I've owned, makes sense IMO. A cam designed for FI cannot also optimize an NA build. And again I give credit to Kleeman's dealing with me on this as I basically had made up my mind to buy the cams and they gave up a sale to convince me otherwise.

To the OP, this is not in any way meant to reflect on you or your sale - just wanted to enter the discussion on cam selection FI vs NA, based on what Kleeman themselves have told me.

Last edited by FishtailnZ; 12-04-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:26 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
I'd have to agree with Ppower on this one, based on what I was told by Kleeman itself. I've been in contact with a Kleeman distributor to discuss plans for my car and to request their input on certain mods. To make a long story short I intend on a pretty extensive NA build up for my car and had included Kleeman cams in that plan. Much to my surprise, and to their credit IMO, this is an exerpt from the answer I received back, concerning the cams in particular:

...I was just talking with Kleemann USA and we were discussing your plans to upgrade the car but keep it N/A and one issue that came up was that the camshafts are ground to make big power for forced induction engine, we think that since your plan is to keep it N/A to save your money and not go with the cams. If eventually you decide to go with a S/C set up on the vehicle then we can think about camshafts...

This carried a lot of weight for me, and along with my previous (admittedly limited) research into cam selection on other cars I've owned, makes sense IMO. A cam designed for FI cannot also optimize an NA build. And again I give credit to Kleeman's dealing with me on this as I basically had made up my mind to buy the cams and they gave up a sale to convince me otherwise.

To the OP, this is not in any way meant to reflect on you or your sale - just wanted to enter the discussion on cam selection FI vs NA, based on what Kleeman themselves have told me.
No, it was an issue of money for you. The cams used by Kleemann for N/A & blown 5.5L engines is the SAME cam (here, from their web site...
KLEEMANN Super Sport Camshafts):

More horsepower - More torque

The KLEEMANN Super Sport Camshafts are designed specifically for forced induction engines and work to increase horsepower and torque in the mid and upper rev range of the current Mercedes-Benz V6 and V8 engines. Combine the KLEEMANN Super Sport Camshafts with the KLEEMANN Kompressor and you will get the best of two worlds: Massive amounts of torque from low revs, and the sporty characteristics of an engine with greatly improved performance at high revs.

Although designed with forced induction engines in mind, the camshaft profile is conducive to a normally aspirated tuning program when used in conjunction with KLEEMANN Stainless Steel Headers and ECU programming. Fitted to a normally aspirated engine, the KLEEMANN Super Sport Camshafts will enhance output of torque and horsepower by up to 5-10 percent.
KLEEMANN Super Sport camshafts are forged from a billet of high quality steel and is available for all V6 M112 and V8 M113 engines.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:42 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Again just relating what this particular representative recomended based on my plans for the car, and his further discussion with Kleeman USA. While no doubt a cam can serve dual purpose, it will not do both FI and NA equal justice if it's origionally designed with one or the other primarily in mind. It's not a "matter of money", but a matter of not spending it unneccesarily, as recommended by a Kleeman dealer. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but add to the discussion with some direct input from the company itself. Why would they say differently on their web site? I have no idea - maybe with their recent change in superchargers, they've also changed the cam specs and not updated their info. Their official websites seem to lag behind some lately on a couple matter - whether it's the ugrade K ratings (K4? K8?) or the change in supercharger suppliers itself.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
Again just relating what this particular representative recomended based on my plans for the car, and his further discussion with Kleeman USA. While no doubt a cam can serve dual purpose, it will not do both FI and NA equal justice if it's origionally designed with one or the other primarily in mind. It's not a "matter of money", but a matter of not spending it unneccesarily, as recommended by a Kleeman dealer. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but add to the discussion with some direct input from the company itself. Why would they say differently on their web site? I have no idea - maybe with their recent change in superchargers, they've also changed the cam specs and not updated their info. Their official websites seem to lag behind some lately on a couple matter - whether it's the ugrade K ratings (K4? K8?) or the change in supercharger suppliers itself.
Well I'm gonna talk from personal experience and not hearsay. The cams were taken out of my car this wknd and I put the stck cams back in. And all I can say is that I'll miss those cams. The car is a whole lot tamer know and the acceleration especially midrange and top end are not as violent. These cams do wrk in a N/A application especially with the SW done. After I finish my project Talon I will re-purchase another set of cams.

With the SW these pieces wake the car up and it also sounds a lot different at idle and WOT!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Looking for a new toy.
ProjectC55, thanks for the real world input - PM'd you.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM

SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
It's just a more aggressive cam then and not a "blower grind" cam. Blower cams have less intake duration than exhaust by a signficant portion, because the blower will fill the cyl much more quickly than a n/a car can, but still needs help on the exhaust.

Pp