SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK with SLR Engine Beats Enzo Over and Over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Cool SLK with SLR Engine Beats Enzo Over and Over

They race down the highway in Dubai and the SLK beats the Enzo handily each time.

Wonder what a lightweight black series SLK could do with that quad-turbo 65 engine that they are working on in the CL/SL forums.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDlx...eature=related
Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 AM

This is a very old video now. Both the cars belong to Mohammed Bin Sulayem, Dubai's rally champion.

He has the following:

Porsche GT1
Jaguar XJ220
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F40
Ferrari F50
Porsche 959
RR Phantom
Maybach 62S
Mercedes SLR
Ford GT
Porsche Carrera GT
SLK with SLR engine
E-Class with SLR engine
C-Class with 700hp
Toyota Landcruiser with 740hp

just type Bin Sulayem collection on Google and you can find pics of his garage.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 PM

SLK 350
I am just wondering how he got the SLR engine. Did he buy a SKR or just just the engine.

It's really nice when money is not an issue.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by lucky6600
I am just wondering how he got the SLR engine. Did he buy a SKR or just just the engine.
Mohammed Bin Sulayem is one of those special AMG customers. He rings and gets what he wants. They probably also helped him a bit with the programming of the different parts. However he is rumoured to have an extreemly skilled team who does these things for him.

Goes to show what people do when recreational sex and alcohol are forbidden

j/k guys ;-)
Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
PSM

1996 E320
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNMp0KsnrU&NR=1

Speaking of a car (a Fiat) beating an italian exotic - this video was a crack up. Sounded like the "winner" was having the time of his life...

Caveat - I've got zero international language skills
Old 02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Haha I've seen this video so many times and still fun to watch.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 PM

none
Originally Posted by PSM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNMp0KsnrU&NR=1

Speaking of a car (a Fiat) beating an italian exotic - this video was a crack up. Sounded like the "winner" was having the time of his life...

Caveat - I've got zero international language skills
The Ferrari was out for a cruise-- where was the race? Because all I saw was an idiot blowing himself for an imaginative win.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exodus
The Ferrari was out for a cruise-- where was the race? Because all I saw was an idiot blowing himself for an imaginative win.
Here we go again...

First there was a load of people thinking that the photos of the SLK with the SLR engine were just photoshops posted on the internet (and kept saying so even after videos of it in action were published), even going so far as to try an analyse the photos and claiming "artifacts" in said photos as proof that they were not real (a dozen different people have since posted photos of the car having seen it out on the streets).

And the same continues with people doubting the "race" as shown in this video even though Bin Sulayem himself stated that they set the race up specifically to see which car would be faster and the SLK won.

What's so hard to believe? There's a ton of modded cars out there that'll outrun an Enzo. The keyword here is that the Enzo was stock.

If one pays closer attention to the clip, then you can see the Enzo needle going all the way to the right and being pushed out quite hard. The SLR engined SLK was supposedly modded further then just the stock power, and it ended up having comfortably more power and torque then the Enzo (for a car which weighs roughly the same).

It happens.

Last edited by Shinigami; 02-18-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 AM
PSM

1996 E320
Originally Posted by Exodus
and that was what made it somewhat entertaining from my perspective.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 PM

none
Originally Posted by Shinigami
Here we go again...

First there was a load of people thinking that the photos of the SLK with the SLR engine were just photoshops posted on the internet (and kept saying so even after videos of it in action were published), even going so far as to try an analyse the photos and claiming "artifacts" in said photos as proof that they were not real (a dozen different people have since posted photos of the car having seen it out on the streets).

And the same continues with people doubting the "race" as shown in this video even though Bin Sulayem himself stated that they set the race up specifically to see which car would be faster and the SLK won.

What's so hard to believe? There's a ton of modded cars out there that'll outrun an Enzo. The keyword here is that the Enzo was stock.

If one pays closer attention to the clip, then you can see the Enzo needle going all the way to the right and being pushed out quite hard. The SLR engined SLK was supposedly modded further then just the stock power, and it ended up having comfortably more power and torque then the Enzo (for a car which weighs roughly the same).

It happens.
Whoa slow your slow bro, I was talking about the video I quoted. There was an F430 involved, not an Enzo. And yeah, I believe the Enzo got walked in the OP's original post.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by PSM
and that was what made it somewhat entertaining from my perspective.
The Enzo and the SLK with SLR engine are owned by the same guy (Bin Sulayem) who wanted to see which car is faster. If you don't know the history behind this video, then don't comment on it.