SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

How long is the wait for an SLK55 and negotiated price??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long is the wait for an SLK55 and negotiated price??

My gf and I went to test drive the 350 the other day but she really wants the 55. We were told by the salesman that the wait is about 6-8mos on the AMG's. Is this somewhat accurate? Also, we were told that there would be a markup of about 25k on top of the msrp. That doesn't make any sense since it would put the final price near the SL55's which the dealer has plenty in stock. BTW, the dealership is in San Jose, CA (Beshoff Motorcars). Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get more info before we place our order. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A penny over MSRP is too much.
I paid $1500 below MSRP for my 350 loaded which was only 1200 or so away from the MSRP of the 55.
If need be, order the car from oan out of area dealer and have it trucked out to you - I guarantee it will be a lot cheaper than $25k .

Good luck and PM me if you need a lead.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:49 AM

SLK55
Price of SLK55

Originally Posted by MGV156
That doesn't make any sense since it would put the final price near the SL55's which the dealer has plenty in stock.

The price of the SL55 is 123K, The price of the SL500 is 90K.

I think the dealer wanted to move the 350's. A bird in hand...

If you want MSRP on a SLK55 you may get lucky out of state or you may have to to pre-order from a dealer that won't add-on. You'll probably have to wait over 6 months and beware of your car going to someone else for a premium. A good dealer is important in this regard. Good Luck.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
My gf and I went to test drive the 350 the other day but she really wants the 55. We were told by the salesman that the wait is about 6-8mos on the AMG's. Is this somewhat accurate? Also, we were told that there would be a markup of about 25k on top of the msrp. That doesn't make any sense since it would put the final price near the SL55's which the dealer has plenty in stock. BTW, the dealership is in San Jose, CA (Beshoff Motorcars). Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get more info before we place our order. Thanks.
MGV156,

Beshoff is pretty shameless for putting that kind of premium on the '55; obviously their radio ad about bringing the price down on MB is not quite accurate.

When I was shopping around for my slk55, I went around all of the dealerships in SF bay and Beshoff was quickly droped because of that premium. SF & Oakland MB, Claridge in Fremont, or Smythe will put you on the list at MSRP. The wait period sounds about right, I've put my name on the list at Smythe last may and I'll be getting my car near the 27th of this month.

E-mail me if you need more info.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:12 PM

Thanks all for your responses. We have another dealer to stop at and see what they can do for us. If not, we'd be more than happy to give our business to Smythe or Claridge.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:56 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Thanks all for your responses. We have another dealer to stop at and see what they can do for us. If not, we'd be more than happy to give our business to Smythe or Claridge.
SJCrash is right. My Sales guy, Sam Chao, at Smythe is awaiting your call . You will not pay a dime over MSRP, Smyth is in San Jose, & Sam is a straight shooter. His direct line is 408 345 2268. He's been real helpful with me & my wife & our car arrives in Feb.

Good luck man!

Crash, you goota give me an email so I can check out your ride @ Smyth when it comes in! I'll ride up there & take a look ....promise not to touch or drool. Contrats Buddy!

-Matt
Old 12-20-2004, 08:36 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
For what it's worth, I inquired with a big dealer in SoCal that marks the car up 15k ! I didn't buy there obviously, but big markups seem to be the norm right now, as is at LEAST half a year wait. However, the SL55 ?! That thing's $140k with options and all - I do think that's still quite a bit above the 25k (which IS outragous!) markup on the SLK55 ! ;-)

Dan
Old 12-21-2004, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by dosers
For what it's worth, I inquired with a big dealer in SoCal that marks the car up 15k ! I didn't buy there obviously, but big markups seem to be the norm right now, as is at LEAST half a year wait. However, the SL55 ?! That thing's $140k with options and all - I do think that's still quite a bit above the 25k (which IS outragous!) markup on the SLK55 ! ;-)

Dan
Hence, the reason why we crossed out that dealer on our list....
Old 12-21-2004, 02:11 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
SJCrash is right. My Sales guy, Sam Chao, at Smythe is awaiting your call . You will not pay a dime over MSRP, Smyth is in San Jose, & Sam is a straight shooter. His direct line is 408 345 2268. He's been real helpful with me & my wife & our car arrives in Feb.

Good luck man!

Crash, you goota give me an email so I can check out your ride @ Smyth when it comes in! I'll ride up there & take a look ....promise not to touch or drool. Contrats Buddy!

-Matt
Sam Chao is my sales guy also, call him and tell him that Matt & Andrew (iridium silver '55) sent you! His email is schao4@yahoo.com or chaos@autonation.com. I call him so often that he's on my speed dial :-)

Matt, I'll definitely email you when the car comes in. There is another fellow who wanted to check out the car... gotta look up his name.

-Andrew