Giovanna Ararat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Giovanna Ararat

Hey everyone. I needed everyone's opinion, which I have come to value. what do you all think of these two wheels.

I'm looking to put them on the black 2000 E55.

What do you all think...chrome...or black? I like chrome wheels, but there's something about the black.

I need a second opinion...which of the two would look better on the 55?

Thanks everyone for looking
Attached Thumbnails Giovanna Ararat-giovanna_ararat_blackcap.jpg   Giovanna Ararat-giovanna_ararat_chrome.jpg  
Old 02-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
i'd go with the black one... it will look sick!!! one thing is, make sure the offset is right. that will ensure proper fitment. what size u goin with? 18 and 19 will fit, 20's will not!
Aj
Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts
W221 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
Hey everyone. I needed everyone's opinion, which I have come to value. what do you all think of these two wheels.

I'm looking to put them on the black 2000 E55.

What do you all think...chrome...or black? I like chrome wheels, but there's something about the black.

I need a second opinion...which of the two would look better on the 55?

Thanks everyone for looking
Is this the look you are going for?

Because that's how you are gonna look when you get them.

IMHO, if those are you only options, I say stick with the stock AMG Monoblock II.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I don't like them.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
As you asked for opinions; I dont like them that much. They border on the side of too much bling for me and they look like they should be on an S class or something larger than a W210. If you are worried about performance those wheels weigh a ton and you will lose launching power for sure.

Sorry but my thoughts- its your car though and all that truly matters is that you are happy.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those wheels are 1 piece and weigh toooo much to put on an E55. Try the Nad Wheel, better price, a lot lighter, and look way cleaner.

try www.nadwheels.com
Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 AM

W221 S63 AMG
Hey, xlr8tin. I was looking for wheels a while back. This is what I learned:

There are only a few good looking wheels out there. Most of them are very expensive. And there are a helluva lot of bad ones available. There is a lot of "ghetto", "D boy", hip-hop, type stuff available for MB.

Wheels single-handedly do more to set the tone of your car than any other thing you can do. Take your time, do lots of research, and choose carefully. Before I got my wheels I literally saved hundreds of photos of W210s with diffrent wheels to get a feel for what looked good (and what didn't) on W210s.

You will likely spend more money on this mod than any other.

Every car can't look good in every wheel. You gotta think of the overall design. There are wheels that look good on Mustangs that look like crap on MBs. Heck, there are wheels that look awesome on W208 CLKs that look like doody on a W210. Even color is a factor. Silver, polished, powder-coated, and chrome wheels look different on different color W210s (that's why it's easy to make wheels look good on silver and black cars and hard for blue, green, and gold cars.)

Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I'm afraid I'm with the crowd on this one. I'm not a fan of "dish-like" wheels. The E55 is a 4 door sedan and doesn't look fast to begin with. Slap on some big plates and it will look even slower. IMHO.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

AMGs
I dont like them at all... Stick with the stock wheels and dont waste your money.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1
Old 02-05-2007, 03:05 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Nasty those things belong on a Escalade or 300C.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I like the stockies better than those......

Those should be on a bling'ed out gangsta rappa mobile
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
i'd go with the black one... it will look sick!!! one thing is, make sure the offset is right. that will ensure proper fitment. what size u goin with? 18 and 19 will fit, 20's will not!
Aj
Well either way I plan on going with the staggered 19".
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CQHall
Is this the look you are going for?

Because that's how you are gonna look when you get them.

IMHO, if those are you only options, I say stick with the stock AMG Monoblock II.
No...can't stay with stock. Too boring. Need at least chrome. I also like Zenetti Heir, and Lucre.

I also like the Dub Shoreline...but they aren't staggered. And I don't like thin spoke wheels. They belong on imports and sportcar.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, xlr8tin. I was looking for wheels a while back. This is what I learned:

There are only a few good looking wheels out there. Most of them are very expensive. And there are a helluva lot of bad ones available. There is a lot of "ghetto", "D boy", hip-hop, type stuff available for MB.

Wheels single-handedly do more to set the tone of your car than any other thing you can do. Take your time, do lots of research, and choose carefully. Before I got my wheels I literally saved hundreds of photos of W210s with diffrent wheels to get a feel for what looked good (and what didn't) on W210s.

You will likely spend more money on this mod than any other.

Every car can't look good in every wheel. You gotta think of the overall design. There are wheels that look good on Mustangs that look like crap on MBs. Heck, there are wheels that look awesome on W208 CLKs that look like doody on a W210. Even color is a factor. Silver, polished, powder-coated, and chrome wheels look different on different color W210s (that's why it's easy to make wheels look good on silver and black cars and hard for blue, green, and gold cars.)

Good Luck!
Thanks CQ Hall! I totally understand everything you just said, and agree, it has been tough. Luckily it is winter up here in Maine...so I have a while.

So did you find something your car?

Thanks again
Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM

'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
ugly...IMO
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM

W221 S63 AMG
No...can't stay with stock. Too boring. Need at least chrome. I also like Zenetti Heir, and Lucre.

I also like the Dub Shoreline...but they aren't staggered. And I don't like thin spoke wheels. They belong on imports and sportcar.
Well, maybe you can get grillz thrown in, too:

Just kidding, man. Just kidding.

This might be the wrong forum to get support for rollin' DUB style like that.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM

W221 S63 AMG
Thanks CQ Hall! I totally understand everything you just said, and agree, it has been tough. Luckily it is winter up here in Maine...so I have a while.

So did you find something your car?

Thanks again
Yeah, I found some Carlsson 1/12 replicas after searching for 2 months for AMG Monoblock IIs (the ones you have):

If you sell your AMG wheels, give me a shout. I'll make an offer.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK ok

Alright, I get it. a big NO for both wheels. That's cool though...that's why you are all here...to help me from making those mistakes.

OK everyone...do you all feel the same way about these 3? If so...I'm gonna have to start over.

Again though, please honest opinions...no need to be hatefull guy. I don't have all the money and common sense that you all may posses.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Giovanna Ararat-zenetti_heir_chrome.jpg   Giovanna Ararat-zenetti_lucre_chrome.jpg   Giovanna Ararat-zenetti_masquerade_spoke_black.jpg  
Old 02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, maybe you can get grillz thrown in, too:

Just kidding, man. Just kidding.

This might be the wrong forum to get support for rollin' DUB style like that.

Well good...because I'm not like that at all. Pretty funny though
Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I found some Carlsson 1/12 replicas after searching for 2 months for AMG Monoblock IIs (the ones you have):

If you sell your AMG wheels, give me a shout. I'll make an offer.
Ok. Sounds good. I like them, but I wish they were chrome. I don't know though...I'm not a thug, that's why I got the E55 instead of the caddy. I want my car to turn heads.

Yea sure it's a mercedes E55...but if you don't already own a mercedes, than you don't know what it is.

When I bought my first Mercedes I didn't know what all the letter and numbers meant (I do now of coarse). So now I need other ways of catching the eye. And the fastest way to do that is with nice shiny wheels on a black Mercedes.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:01 PM

'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
OK everyone...do you all feel the same way about these 3? If so...I'm gonna have to start over.
Strike 2. Nope.

You clearly like full faced wheels, so why not go with the Carlsson 1/6 or 2/6(if you like the riveted look)?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale...red-setup.html
Old 02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by silversurfer
Strike 2. Nope.

You clearly like full faced wheels, so why not go with the Carlsson 1/6 or 2/6(if you like the riveted look)?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale...red-setup.html
Well...not horrible. But I would like a little more shine. And more different than mine. This is what I have now...I like the "full faced" wheels, yes. I don't want to show off my brakes and rotors. When I see rims that do, I think those only look good on cars like nissan and hondas and other imports like that.
Attached Thumbnails Giovanna Ararat-amg-rims.jpg  
Old 02-05-2007, 04:18 PM

W221 S63 AMG
So now I need other ways of catching the eye. And the fastest way to do that is with nice shiny wheels on a black Mercedes.
The most common (and most simple) formula is:
Big Rims + Chrome + Boom in the trunk = Attention

That's cool. But, you don't want that kind of attention (at least I don't).

Jay-Z had it right when he said, "I'm, young enough to know the right car to buy yet grown enough not to put rims on it."

You got the right car. No doubt. E55 is definitely an elite car. It can be a sick car to mod. I know it looks plain-Jane like any other E320.

I'd mod it too. But, you gotta do it classy. There are lots of accessories and wheels out there. I know it's tempting. I'm not gonna mention any names, but there are LOTS of RICED-OUT and GHETTO E-Classes out there.

In my opinion, here's what will set your car off:

- HRE springs with sport shocks. Lowering the Eclass makes it look longer. I took my debadged car to the dealer. One of the car wash guys there thought it was a S-class and he drives MB around the dealership all day long.
- Use #1 pads.
- Some nice, clean 18" iForged, HRE, AMG, Brabus (III or IV) or Carlsson type wheels (or replicas). 19" looks good, but if you get them, don't complain about the harsh ride.
- Polished lip. Maybe get a "stepped" lip.
- Buy used. You will save lots of cash that way. Anybody who buys those type wheels takes care of them.
- You already have a bumper kit.
- Keep it cold-blooded clean and waxed.

Stay away from:
- Chrome.
- Tint (you want the babes to see who's in the car, right )
- Trunk spoilers

Here is the baddest Benz I have seen on the internet:
Why? Because it's nice and clean, modest mods, looks stock not like he took it to a rim shop.

Last edited by CQHall; 02-05-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The most common (and most simple) formula is:
Big Rims + Chrome + Boom in the trunk = Attention

That's cool. But, you don't want that kind of attention (at least I don't).

Jay-Z had it right when he said, "I'm, young enough to know the right car to buy yet grown enough not to put rims on it."

You got the right car. No doubt. E55 is definitely an elite car. It can be a sick car to mod. I know it looks plain-Jane like any other E320.

I'd mod it too. But, you gotta do it classy. There are lots of accessories and wheels out there. I know it's tempting. I'm not gonna mention any names, but there are LOTS of RICED-OUT and GHETTO E-Classes out there.

In my opinion, here's what will set your car off:

- HRE springs with sport shocks. Lowering the Eclass makes it look longer. I took my debadged car to the dealer. One of the car wash guys there thought it was a S-class and he drives MB around the dealership all day long.
- Use #1 pads.
- Some nice, clean 18" iForged, HRE, AMG, Brabus (III or IV) or Carlsson type wheels (or replicas). 19" looks good, but if you get them, don't complain about the harsh ride.
- Polished lip. Maybe get a "stepped" lip.
- Buy used. You will save lots of cash that way. Anybody who buys those type wheels takes care of them.
- You already have a bumper kit.
- Keep it cold-blooded clean and waxed.

Stay away from:
- Chrome.
- Tint (you want the babe to see who's in the car, right )
- Trunk spoilers

Here is the baddest Benz I have seen on the internet:
Why? Because it's nice and clean, modest mods, looks stock not like he took it to a rim shop.

Wow, not bad. Love the color. Lowering sounds and looks great, but sounds expensive and complex. I would love to mod the engine performance a bit, but with these cars that's expensive too.

What I'd really love to do is get an '03 E55, but can't do that for another couple years when the price drops to my price range. I say an '03 (or newer) because of the supercharger.

But again I agree.

I will keep looking...I like the deep lip. I think it looks sharp. Also...I plan on leaving this God forsaken country up here,and going back to TN. I have a rust spot over my rear wheel, thanks to the great amounts of salt on the roads.

When I get to TN, this later fall, I wanted to get the car refinished to get all the rust and bubbles off, and get it repainted. I realize resale may go down, but will it hurt that much, as long as the paint job is good? Any insight there?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Giovanna Ararat