W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf is up with these cars need help.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check sig ;)
wtf is up with these cars need help.....

so the other day I replaced the MAF and o2's........cel was still on so I disconnected the battery....waited 30 mins and reconnected......CEL was now off but abs asr light came on......drove a little bit and it went off too.....so now the car runs good and has no cels but then I went to put the window down and wtf none of my windows work.....turn the car off and back on and the windows work but the express up/down dont work....even after trying to initialize them......so ok I can live with them not going on express......for now.....so I thought......I get into the car today and one express works on the left rear door.....both windows on the pass side work but no express and the drivers window goes down.....wont go up then all functions but the door locks die on the driver door.....WTF could this be I am at wits end......no cels yet stuff doesnt work......and all I did was disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and reconnect it 30 mins later.....all fuses check out live and well......what is up with this car?????????
Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 PM

a g
Do you know if the car has had a aftermarket alarm installed ever?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 PM

check sig ;)
no, not that I know of.....
Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 PM

'00 E55, 05 C55, '99 328i
Originally Posted by e55 addict
so the other day I replaced the MAF and o2's........cel was still on so I disconnected the battery....waited 30 mins and reconnected......CEL was now off but abs asr light came on......drove a little bit and it went off too.....so now the car runs good and has no cels but then I went to put the window down and wtf none of my windows work.....turn the car off and back on and the windows work but the express up/down dont work....even after trying to initialize them......so ok I can live with them not going on express......for now.....so I thought......I get into the car today and one express works on the left rear door.....both windows on the pass side work but no express and the drivers window goes down.....wont go up then all functions but the door locks die on the driver door.....WTF could this be I am at wits end......no cels yet stuff doesnt work......and all I did was disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and reconnect it 30 mins later.....all fuses check out live and well......what is up with this car?????????

It's not a problem. The windows just need to be re-initialized. With all doors closed, all electronics off and key turned to position 2 (but car not started), roll down all the windows. Then press each window's button up until the window rolls all the way up but keep pressing for another couple of seconds. Do that for each window and they'll all be reset. Do it also for the moonroof. Have fun!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 PM

'00 E55, 05 C55, '99 328i

Oops! I just noticed you already tried initializing.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
You probably need to pull the battery again. Then follow the reset procedure. Resync the windows, steering wheel, sunroof.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...batteries.html
Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=saintz;3659145]You probably need to pull the battery again. Then follow the reset procedure. Resync the windows, steering wheel, sunroof.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/...batteries.html[/QUOTE

E55 Addict - Hang in there buddy This is Normal nothing out of the ordirandy here. How's the car driving now with the new MAF?

Night and Day?

Armani
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 PM

check sig ;)
the car is an animal w the new maf......got 3 windows to finally sync but the driver door is dead.....put it on a star diag. and the driver door control module is not reading.....they said I probably need a new one....I will take the door panel off and check it tomorrow......and put some juice to the window motor to get it to close as it is stuck all the way open....
Old 08-08-2009, 03:40 AM

2000 E55 AMG
Before you tear into your door panel, I need to ask a stupid question. Have you held your FOB (keyless entry device) to the passenger door and pressed the close button for a few seconds? The window will not reset in the down position. I experienced this issue last month. Pressed my lock button for a few seconds; window closed; then I reset the window.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by ruBENZ
Before you tear into your door panel, I need to ask a stupid question. Have you held your FOB (keyless entry device) to the passenger door and pressed the close button for a few seconds? The window will not reset in the down position. I experienced this issue last month. Pressed my lock button for a few seconds; window closed; then I reset the window.
My Driverside always gives me Shi@ every time I need to disconnect the battery..... Not anymore though...Gotta luv OBD II scanner

Armani-
Old 08-11-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
00 e55
power increase at all after changing MAF and O2's?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 PM

2001: Supercharged E55 AMG
Disconecting the battery will NOT re-set the ECU adaption!! It will only turn the CEL off. You need to visit a MB workshop to re-set the ECU adaption when you change the MAF or 02 sensors. Sad but true
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Most of the "problems" listed aren't really problems, they are normal any time you disconnect the battery. Turning wheel lock to lock few times gets rid of ASR/ESP warning, rolling windows up & down a few times while holding for 5-10 sec should reinitialize windows & etc. To reset ECU adaption you have to do the pedal reset trick (although the best way is to use a star diagnostic tool to reset all adaption parameters). It may seem like the car have gremlins, but everything you described is pretty normal, nothing to worry about.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Cool

Originally Posted by ABALONE
Disconecting the battery will NOT re-set the ECU adaption!! It will only turn the CEL off. You need to visit a MB workshop to re-set the ECU adaption when you change the MAF or 02 sensors. Sad but true
Are you sure Abalone??? hmm don't know I may have to throw in the flag on this one... I recently changed my MAF (3 weeks ago) and my car drives Night/Day I mean I had to hold on with two hands when I jumped on the highway I thought for sure I was going airborne
It was Ridiculous FAST..still is and my car is shifting so much smoother and throttle response is on point.. very happy with the new MAF (insert from Gemstar)

Armani
Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM

1991 300CE
Originally Posted by armaniE55
Are you sure Abalone??? hmm don't know I may have to throw in the flag on this one... I recently changed my MAF (3 weeks ago) and my car drives Night/Day I mean I had to hold on with two hands when I jumped on the highway I thought for sure I was going airborne
It was Ridiculous FAST..still is and my car is shifting so much smoother and throttle response is on point.. very happy with the new MAF (insert from Gemstar)

Armani
Agreed. I changed my MAF and the car drove awesome with increased MPG. Seemed like no reason to reset the ECU.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Abalone is talking about the ECU reset... not the MAF replacement. Obviously a new MAF makes big difference.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 AM

00 e55
I do not agree. I tested numerous time 0-60 before and after also I monitored fuel trims with obd2 r4eader before and after reset and as far as I can see Battery disconnect totally resets ECU to factory specs.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Red face

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Abalone is talking about the ECU reset... not the MAF replacement. Obviously a new MAF makes big difference.
Is he talking resetting all the value's back to zero..Disconnecting the battery should reset the ECU tho? no?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
On most cars it will fully reset although it can take a while for ECU to fully power down on some cars simply due to all the complex circuitry.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM

I also was told that a battery disconnection would reset all the values. But after talking to both a MB staff and Cory at Kleemann they told me that the only way to reset the self learning ECU adaption when changing a 02 sensor or MAF was to connect it to a MB computer (or what it's called?) and reset the adaption and after then all the values was back to zero. The battery had nothing to do with resetting the values according to them

EDIT: Found the letter in his last e-mail

"And yes, it's true that disconnecting the battery will NOT reset learned adaptations- that can only be reset by doing a default initialization with the factory SDS machine.

:-)

Cory Umemoto
Technical Manager"

Last edited by ABALONE; 08-12-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

I also was told that a battery disconnection would reset all the values. But after talking to both a MB staff and Cory at Kleemann they told me that the only way to reset the self learning ECU adaption when changing a 02 sensor or MAF was to connect it to a MB computer (or what it's called?) and reset the adaption and after then all the values was back to zero. The battery had nothing to do with resetting the values according to them

EDIT: Found the letter in his last e-mail

"And yes, it's true that disconnecting the battery will NOT reset learned adaptations- that can only be reset by doing a default initialization with the factory SDS machine.

:-)

Cory Umemoto
Technical Manager"
eh- I'm going to pull out the flag on this one. I've also heard the same thing before as well now that you mentioned it. This is a big scam as MB tells the DIY guys (us) that only the SDS machine can reset the Values back to factory specs.

I REALLY doubt it.. unless the ECU unit has a rechargeable battery or some type of small battery that keeps the memory of the ECU- Just like a Computer motherboard it has a small cell battery that stores the memory of the Bios/values/settings/ so even when you cut off the power it still stores the values. Only way to bring it back to it's factory setting is to remove the battery wait a few seconds (discharge) and replace the battery. (yes guys I know about the jumper just trying to make a point )

so conclusion.... I'd say it's safe to say that MB wants you to go to them for everything.. another example - I had to change my shifter a while back and MB stated that I had to program the TCM/shifter with them..not true plug and play

-Armani

Abalone your Still the Man! Now post some more videos for us
Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by armaniE55
eh- I'm going to pull out the flag on this one. I've also heard the same thing before as well now that you mentioned it. This is a big scam as MB tells the DIY guys (us) that only the SDS machine can reset the Values back to factory specs.

I REALLY doubt it.. unless the ECU unit has a rechargeable battery or some type of small battery that keeps the memory of the ECU- Just like a Computer motherboard it has a small cell battery that stores the memory of the Bios/values/settings/ so even when you cut off the power it still stores the values. Only way to bring it back to it's factory setting is to remove the battery wait a few seconds (discharge) and replace the battery. (yes guys I know about the jumper just trying to make a point )

so conclusion.... I'd say it's safe to say that MB wants you to go to them for everything.. another example - I had to change my shifter a while back and MB stated that I had to program the TCM/shifter with them..not true plug and play

-Armani

Abalone your Still the Man! Now post some more videos for us
I agree, and it sounds more true what you tell us when i have a think about it Don't really like the MB staff that I've been in contact with

Hehe, have you seen all the videos in my "Video" link? If not have a look over there in my sig line
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
The Star diagnostic machine does allow to reset ALL variables, but you can still reset some with pedal ECU reset and powering down ECU. Those mainly reset tranny adaption but they don't do everything. Either way its nothing worth fighting over haha. MB will always say "don't do this, don't do that, (blah blah)" because if they were to tell you how you can do it on your own they wouldn't make money. Moreover, they hate aftermarket parts not b/c they are inherently bad, its just it takes away from their own profits of selling their own parts. 9/10 times its all about money (as with everything else in this world).
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
The Star diagnostic machine does allow to reset ALL variables, but you can still reset some with pedal ECU reset and powering down ECU. Those mainly reset tranny adaption but they don't do everything. Either way its nothing worth fighting over haha. MB will always say "don't do this, don't do that, (blah blah)" because if they were to tell you how you can do it on your own they wouldn't make money. Moreover, they hate aftermarket parts not b/c they are inherently bad, its just it takes away from their own profits of selling their own parts. 9/10 times its all about money (as with everything else in this world).
Na.. of course not.. just trying to figure out the logic behind MB

Armani