Where can i get OEM carbon fiber look cover that goes over doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Where can i get OEM carbon fiber look cover that goes over doors

I cant find them anywhere except ebay and after ordering a set just for hell of it i wont even attempt to install .. or should i say just apply with tape over the existing ones.. Mine are starting to show signs of wear and very minimal rust ..

If anyone has any extras or knows where i can buy new ones please let me know
Thanks you!!!

-Flo
Old 08-07-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Try cleaning them with an ammonia window cleaner like Windex. That will take a lot of grime (and the white dots) off of them. You could also get them wrapped with 3M DI-NOC for a real carbon fiber look.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by saintz
Try cleaning them with an ammonia window cleaner like Windex. That will take a lot of grime (and the white dots) off of them. You could also get them wrapped with 3M DI-NOC for a real carbon fiber look.
I have actually cleaned them with that . But they are startin to rust through and not many notice it but i see it and know it and its bothering me .. Was gonna have them sprayed black . But if theres allready signs of rust might as well try to get new ones , unless they cost super expensive which i would think they would .
Old 08-07-2010, 11:20 PM

E50
The pattern on my pillar covers were starting to fade with time. I was able to find a shop that used the 3M DI-NOC for wrapping. Here's a pic of how the finished product would look:

You could order new pillar covers though. The carbon fiber wrap might have problems staying flat over a rusty surface, even with good surface prep prior to wrapping.

Saw some pillar covers for sale here:http://www.mercedesbenzwheel.com/mer...m-exterior-44/
I'm sure there are others as well.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bluey280sl
The pattern on my pillar covers were starting to fade with time. I was able to find a shop that used the 3M DI-NOC for wrapping. Here's a pic of how the finished product would look:

You could order new pillar covers though. The carbon fiber wrap might have problems staying flat over a rusty surface, even with good surface prep prior to wrapping.

Saw some pillar covers for sale here:http://www.mercedesbenzwheel.com/mer...m-exterior-44/
I'm sure there are others as well.

Hope this helps.

thanks , i have a set of carbon fiber tape ons .. am actually looking for the whole pillar ..
That setup in the pic actually looks very clean and professional ..
Will put the tape ones on tomorrow just to see what they look like i got them cheap anyways ..
btw: how much did that wrap cost ?

thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 AM

E50
Wrapping all four pillars cost me $30. I removed the pillar covers and left it with the shop for half a day. I would have wanted to replace the pillar covers with OEM ones but I decided to exercise a little liberty...I feel the it subtly complements the wheels and the total look. The wrap went all the way around the pillar covers to the back, making for a seamless install.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM

2000 e55 AMG
hey blue whats the site u got that 3m cf wrap. is it made for the outdoor weather. i wanna wrap a couple of things
Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
3M DI-NOC from forum sponsor here: https://mbworld.org/forums/group-pur...owest-web.html
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dead link

Originally Posted by saintz
thanks tho . that stuff looks like its ez to work with .. I'd prefer to have somone else do it . I get impatient with this type of stuff and never comes out looking good when i touch it lol
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bluey280sl
Wrapping all four pillars cost me $30. I removed the pillar covers and left it with the shop for half a day. I would have wanted to replace the pillar covers with OEM ones but I decided to exercise a little liberty...I feel the it subtly complements the wheels and the total look. The wrap went all the way around the pillar covers to the back, making for a seamless install.

my local shop wants $140 to wrap all four pillars .. Thats effing krazy lmao wish your shop was near by lol
Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM

e55 amg
Originally Posted by kevc43
hey blue whats the site u got that 3m cf wrap. is it made for the outdoor weather. i wanna wrap a couple of things
can you please tell me how to remove the pillar pieces - someone bent one of mine with a screwdriver breaking in and im trying to fix it
thanks
Joel@konicek.com
Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 PM

E50
Here's what I did: Sorry for the blurry phone pics.

1. Roll window down. Remember to switch the key back to the OFF position after you do.
2. Pull out the section of rubber moulding from the area where it joins the B-pillar covers.

3. Unscrew the two locking screws on the B-pillar.

4. Using a plastic wedge (or a wrapped flathead screwdriver) pop out the bottom trim on the window. Prior to reinstalling this trim you might want to use some elbow grease to remove any accumulated gunk and hard water marks that are visible on the paint. This is especially glaring on dark colored cars.

5. Lift the side where the locking screws are located and at the same time slide towards the opposite direction as the pillar covers are clipped into the door frame. The pillar covers should come off easily. Take care not to lose the white plastic clips that helps keep the rubber moulding in place. (At least that's what I think it does).

Installation is the opposite of removal. Make sure you clip the ENTIRE pillar cover to the door frame before installing the screws. You will know if you have because the pillars will fit flush with the doors closed.

I'm sorry for the celfone pics. And don't mind the apparent inconsistency (i.e., removing a pillar cover that's already in carbon fiber, and popping window trims when the pillar cover is already out) in the pics vis-a-vis the steps being described. I took the pics after everything was done. The description on the pics are to highlight the important areas.

At this point in time if your rear window regulator hasn't gone kaput on you yet, you might want to prepare for that eventuality when you roll down the window.

Please don't bill me for any mishaps.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 PM

2001 E55
Does anyone know how much the actual OEM piece that covers the driver's door costs? I can't seem to find the part number on any of the online parts sites.