Sponsored by:

E55 1, M5 0.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
He doesn't know what he's talking about, we all know that.
That's because you are an idiot.

CLS is more of a driver car (hence more agressive than the W211). Go drive a CLS 55 and see if you can tell a difference between your 03 E55 and the new CLS55.

MB calibrate the CLS more toward performance than W211. Handling capability CLS is superior than W211 E55. Simple as that.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:11 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I personally cannot wait until the new M5 comes out so he can go over to that site and stop coming over here. Like we need anymore retards on this site. My "ignore" feature is growing day by day.
retard? I guess you are talking about yourself.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Go to the dealer and ask the salesman to hand you a key to the CLS55 and take a good drive in it. See if that CLS55 ESP is as intrusive as your 03 E55. See if CLS has better steering response and slightly better overall handling.

Then again, I don't expect a retard to be able to tell the difference between the 2.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krispykrme
Go to the dealer and ask the salesman to hand you a key to the CLS55 and take a good drive in it. See if that CLS55 ESP is as intrusive as your 03 E55. See if CLS has better steering response and slightly better overall handling.
So lower center of gravity on CLS , wider tires, better steering and "less intrusive ESP" leads only to a "slightly better overall handling"?? What a clueless donut a-hole you are.
How do you know ESP was recalibrated? MAy be "slightly better overall handling" plus you at 300 pounds in it gave car better traction and less need for ESP to intervene??
Plus I doubt you had any "limited" time with CLS at all. As always its a lot of hot air from unhappy chubby dude. I will say it again-- putting down E55 will not make you a happier dude, a good diet , self restraning and regular exersise will do wonders for you.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM

2008 E63
CLS benefitted from better steering response from our early production E55. During my limited time with CLS, the ESP is not as intrusive as our E55. CLS has also has slightly bigger tires. Hence the car is more agressive than E55.

CLS through out its model range is more agressive (i.e. more of a driver car) than W211.
Every time you speak, you prove you DON'T know what you are talking about. Bigger tires, yes. Better steering response, CLS - 2.6 lock to lock, E55 - 2.8. Better yes significant, NO. Braking systems - same. Wheelbase - same. ADS - same. Suspension - same. Rear axle ratio - same. ESP - (sorry) SAME! Oh yeah, Drivetrain - same. When you claim one is more a driver's car than another please back it up with fact. Fact is not that you test drove the CLS and it felt different to you. Go drive your M5 when you finally get it (if the trans holds up) and be sure you turn the DSP off and drift some corners.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
I don't even have to say anything to prove how mind-numbingly stupid you are. The fact is, you talk, talk, talk but nothing comes out making any sense at all. Please insert your foot in your mouth because I have driven the CLS55 twice on occasion at the Tri-Star Imports here in town. The "facts" you seem to base your entire argument on are all opinions that you have derived yourself.

Before you start getting your cholesterol up again and all red in the face, just click the small "X" icon in the upper right-hand side of your computer screen and do yourself a favor. Then, open up that box of dozen glazed you have sitting by your computer and stuff your face until you fall out of your chair and pass out. Your feeble attempts at retaliation by using the "you are" defense is just pathetic. Now please, read over this respose and call me something I called you because I expect only the most original comebacks from you.

Last edited by MBAMGPWR; 07-21-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Score 1, Belmondo & AMGcrazy. Donut Boy gets notta.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:39 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by AMGcrazy
Every time you speak, you prove you DON'T know what you are talking about. Bigger tires, yes. Better steering response, CLS - 2.6 lock to lock, E55 - 2.8. Better yes significant, NO. Braking systems - same. Wheelbase - same. ADS - same. Suspension - same. Rear axle ratio - same. ESP - (sorry) SAME! Oh yeah, Drivetrain - same. When you claim one is more a driver's car than another please back it up with fact. Fact is not that you test drove the CLS and it felt different to you. Go drive your M5 when you finally get it (if the trans holds up) and be sure you turn the DSP off and drift some corners.
Huh???

ESP the same? You would care to prove that? Top gear already demonstrated very clearly that ESP in CLS is more tolerant the E55.

Just because ESP module is probably the same, does not mean the calibration is the same. Same with SBC. It can be programmed to provide better response or disconneted. Just because SBC is found on the CLS/SL/E it does not mean all three drives/feels the same. Since we are talking about programmed electronics not a mechanical setup.

The fact is that MB had a much different approach in distinguish the CLS from the E class. Making CLS more agressive than W211 , simple as that. It's not M5 agressive, no one is stating that.

However, you can't dispute the fact that CLS drive quiet differently than their E class counter part.

If you want proof go see what top gear said bout CLS vs E. See the video before stating something as stupid as this.

Electronic does more wonder than you can imagine. M5 is a perfect example how electronic can turn a car into a totally different car with push of a button.

To some extent, CLS55 and E55 are also different by the way the car is calibrated.

Just because they share the chassis, same powertrain, same basic setup it does not mean both car will drive the same.

CLS handling is better and more agressive than E55. Take any review you can find from edmunds/auto un sport/top gear, what ever you want to take. Everyone stated the same thing. CLS is a better handling of the two. My comment is more than just justified.

Like i have said, go drive a CLS55 and then make a comment. Although CLS55 is not a world class handler it does not perform as poorly as E55 nor did MB tuned the ESP to be as sensitive the E55.

Also, while you are at it, go take a drive at 300C, since it also uses the same lousy ESP from mercedes. Even the ESP on 300C is not as aggressive as the E.

W211 could do a lot more with more relax ESP setting. The suspension and lateral grip is fine for its size. But that ESP setting is not.

To Mr retard-

just because you drove the CLS55 twice at dealership means nothing. If the driver lacks skills nor has ability to tell the difference, simply you can't tell difference from one or another.

Don't think test driver from both auto und sport and top gear and other magazine is wrong. At least they have more skills than you. If i am the only one who is stating that CLS55 is more agressive than E55, you may have a point. The fact is that every magazine review out there including my limited time with CLS55 is different than you (who only took the car out twice from the dealer).

I rest my case.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:15 PM

04 E55
I wonder if Steve can calibrate my ESP..
Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 PM

04 E55
Come on guys... let's have debates where there's no name calling etc... I am idiotic and stupid at times, but I really hate reading it..( You'll all problaby just say well Don't read it then. heh ) nobody really deserves to be called names, at least on a public forum. We are all tough, we don't need to prove it, hell I'm a tough guy too sometimes, especially when I'm behind my keyboard. I not dissing anyone that's doing it, I'm just saying please, let's have a clean debate. Thanks oh boy I can feel the heat coming onto me now...
Old 07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by houston
Come on guys... let's have debates where there's no name calling etc... I am idiotic and stupid at times, but I really hate reading it..( You'll all problaby just say well Don't read it then. heh ) nobody really deserves to be called names, at least on a public forum. We are all tough, we don't need to prove it, hell I'm a tough guy too sometimes, especially when I'm behind my keyboard. I not dissing anyone that's doing it, I'm just saying please, let's have a clean debate. Thanks oh boy I can feel the heat coming onto me now...
It's hard to have a debate against someone who has no clue about the topic being covered. He's moved on to the "check the magazine defense" along with the terrible grammar he uses. I think the word "the" has been thrown out of his vocabulary. Seems that he sees no need to use it to complete his sentences. Arguing against this dude is like pulling the hair off your arm, it's pointless and it hurts to try.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
To Mr retard-

I rest my case.

No, no, no...I rest mine.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:24 PM

04 E55
It's a bit contradicting, but you guys do crack me up tho...
Old 07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
It is amazing how mature this thread is compared to some of the older M5/E55 threads featuring the donutmeister. He has come a long way and resists name calling and ignores personal attacks. I congratulate you kk as you have truly behaved like a gentleman. This Bud's for you!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I congratulate you kk as you have truly behaved like a gentleman. This Bud's for you!

The "gentleman" is on donuts (by his own admission) and you offer him Bud? What kind of a doctor are you? Whatever happened to Hippocratic Oath?

"I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice."

If in your judgment donut +Bud is a good "dietetic measure", shame on ya, Dr.

Keep your Bud, Chill, keep your Bud chilled --you are the gentleman, you bought E55, went through liking it/modding it to passing it on to your wife and possibly selling it by now and buying Corvette----once you knew what you wanted you moved on without drama.
KK is a difficult case simply because in the same argument he calls CLS a "drivers car", "CLS is much more agressive than E55" but that agressive CLS has only "slightly better overall handling" ---how is that possible?
He drives the car he hates and he can't resist the donuts that make him chubby and unhappy enough to state that in the car forum. And it never ends.

Last edited by Belmondo; 07-21-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:04 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
"He has come a long way and resists name calling and ignores personal attacks. I congratulate you kk as you have truly behaved like a gentleman."

True - apparently we are not even *rednecks* any more.

TJC
Attached Thumbnails E55 1, M5 0.-krispycomment.jpg  
Old 07-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK200 Avantgarde
Whoa, never thought this thread would degenerate into this. I really don't buy this "let's blame it on the ESP/DSC/whatever"- yes electronics do play a role when the driver loses control but it is not the silver bullet. Both the E55 and M5 are awesome cars with many loyal supporters, and had the E55 been the one to crash no doubt we would blame it on the E55's lack of handling compared to M5.

Bottom line for me- the biggest retard here is that driver- you do not get into a 500+ HP machine (whether it's a M5 or E55) and do heroics on small roads (I've been to Taiwan before and I know what the roads look like) unless you are Schumacher, Montoya, Kimi, etc (and even these guys drive responsibly off the track). You end up endangering your life and other peoples' lives and it's a miracle everyone got out okay
Old 07-22-2005, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nerv
Both the E55 and M5 are awesome cars with many loyal supporters, and had the E55 been the one to crash no doubt we would blame it on the E55's lack of handling compared to M5.

ARE YOU SURE? Its all down to the driver, NEVER THE MIGHTY E55!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Lightbulb Latest trend in Taiwan?

Originally Posted by Nerv
Bottom line for me- the biggest retard here is that driver- you do not get into a 500+ HP machine (whether it's a M5 or E55) and do heroics on small roads (I've been to Taiwan before and I know what the roads look like) unless you are Schumacher, Montoya, Kimi, etc (and even these guys drive responsibly off the track). You end up endangering your life and other peoples' lives and it's a miracle everyone got out okay
Not trying to generalize here but evey men I see from the photos seems to be wearing flip flops, perhaps they got caught in the gas pedal or something as they try to heel and toe?

Last edited by W210; 07-22-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:27 AM

2008 E63
Oh Krispy you're so much fun! Let's walk through your assumptions. You say "top gear already demonstrated very clearly that ESP in (the) CLS is more tolerant (than in) the E55." You reference the video and mention I made stupid statements. For the record, the video states only that the CLS suspension is "40% stiffer than NORMAL E class" No kidding. The E55 is exactly 40% stiffer than the NORMAL E class too. HMMMM?

The video shows the driver throwing the car around the track and discussing the ESP. He even mentions that the ESP is stopping him from sliding. Later in the video a pro driver drives the same car. The narrator, who hates Mercedes anyway, mentions that the driver takes off "with the traction control very very off..." Let me let you in on a little secret, they drove the car in dyno mode, i.e. NO ESP! That's how the driver was able to drift the car so much. So if you are saying that because you can watch a video where the car is sliding and you can't get your car to do that, the problem is that you don't disable your ESP! If you knew a little about your car, you would know that you can totally disable ESP.

If the Top Gear video is your proof that the ESP is "more tolerant" in the CLS, do some internet searching and you will find a video from Motorvision (European) entitled "Sounds and Drifts of the Season 2004." Among other things it shows an E55 in dramatic drifts and slides just as the Top Gear video shows the CLS. I guess that must have been one of those "specially calibrated" E55's because surely the ESP would not allow the car to do that!

You mention "any review you can find" to make the claim that the reviewers state that the "CLS is a better handling of the two" I looked for reviews/road tests at topgear.com -- No review. I assume you are talking about the video. You mention "auto un sport." I assume you mean the German mag Auto Motor und Sport. No CLS review or road test there either. There was however a review in Edmunds. Unfortunately though, the only mention of the E55 was "And enough to displace the E55 AMG, by a couple of tenths of a second, as the quickest and fastest sedan Mercedes-Benz has ever made." No comparison of handling was ever made in that review.

So "any review you can find" seems to be the problem since I couldn't find one. If you have a review that really compares the two and actually states that the CLS is "a better handling of the two" please post it here so we can all see that you are spewing something other than your personal opinion.

You keep stating "the fact is..." yet you have provided none.

Please stop representing your opinion as "fact."
Old 07-22-2005, 10:43 AM

E63, GT500
Oh Krispy you're so much fun! Let's walk through your assumptions. You say "top gear already demonstrated very clearly that ESP in (the) CLS is more tolerant (than in) the E55." You reference the video and mention I made stupid statements. For the record, the video states only that the CLS suspension is "40% stiffer than NORMAL E class" No kidding. The E55 is exactly 40% stiffer than the NORMAL E class too. HMMMM?

The video shows the driver throwing the car around the track and discussing the ESP. He even mentions that the ESP is stopping him from sliding. Later in the video a pro driver drives the same car. The narrator, who hates Mercedes anyway, mentions that the driver takes off "with the traction control very very off..." Let me let you in on a little secret, they drove the car in dyno mode, i.e. NO ESP! That's how the driver was able to drift the car so much. So if you are saying that because you can watch a video where the car is sliding and you can't get your car to do that, the problem is that you don't disable your ESP! If you knew a little about your car, you would know that you can totally disable ESP.

If the Top Gear video is your proof that the ESP is "more tolerant" in the CLS, do some internet searching and you will find a video from Motorvision (European) entitled "Sounds and Drifts of the Season 2004." Among other things it shows an E55 in dramatic drifts and slides just as the Top Gear video shows the CLS. I guess that must have been one of those "specially calibrated" E55's because surely the ESP would not allow the car to do that!

You mention "any review you can find" to make the claim that the reviewers state that the "CLS is a better handling of the two" I looked for reviews/road tests at topgear.com -- No review. I assume you are talking about the video. You mention "auto un sport." I assume you mean the German mag Auto Motor und Sport. No CLS review or road test there either. There was however a review in Edmunds. Unfortunately though, the only mention of the E55 was "And enough to displace the E55 AMG, by a couple of tenths of a second, as the quickest and fastest sedan Mercedes-Benz has ever made." No comparison of handling was ever made in that review.

So "any review you can find" seems to be the problem since I couldn't find one. If you have a review that really compares the two and actually states that the CLS is "a better handling of the two" please post it here so we can all see that you are spewing something other than your personal opinion.

You keep stating "the fact is..." yet you have provided none.

Please stop representing your opinion as "fact."

AMG...nice "aggressive" post
Old 07-22-2005, 10:56 AM

2004 E55 AMG
*cheers*
"woooooo~~"
Old 07-22-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by tjcMBE55AMG

True - apparently we are not even *rednecks* any more.

TJC

Thats a great find---KK has been "hating" since his second post here.

Last edited by Belmondo; 07-22-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 PM

Just to clarify- Jeremy Clarkson is very much a fan of Mercedes, having been an SL 55 owner up until recently. In fact, he's the "Merc/Jaguar" guy, while Richard Hammond is the "BMW" guy. Clarkson has also gone on the record as praising the E55. For the record, the E55 came in at 1:35.5 on the TG track, about 9.5 secs slower than the CLS. That's most likely because of the monsoon-like conditions that day, which sees the odds against a high-powered rear-drive car...

ESP deactivation has always been the Achilles' Heel of sporting Benzes, as almost all (at least, Car and Driver, Automobile, Road and Track, Car) car magazines report. In the hands of a professional, it's quite important that nothing interferes with the driving... unlike amateur drivers, like our Taiwanese friend.

Last edited by Turtle25; 07-22-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned

hell who even believes he has a "source". sure is convienent the self hating mb owner has a freaking source in taiwan who KNOWS he has an e55!!! i hear his "source" also knew the captain of the titanic owned an e55, the hindenberg, you guessed it, his "source" told him an e55 driver too, luckily wilbur wright owned an e55 his "source" told him but he did ok.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Banned

and if you want total esp deactivation just put it in dyno mode. i cant wait till my M5 KILLR plates come in. i dont hate the [m5] car, its ugly though, its just the (some) cheerleaders are so damn arrogant and condesending.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 1, M5 0.