W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

06 Pewter---Got it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 08:47 AM

06 E55,03 M3 (gone),05 Yukon, 03 Diesel PU,05 RK Custom, 03 SERK
06 Pewter---Got it!

Wow what a machine! I can't stop driving it---350 miles since Saturday. And what a versatile car; a great slow ride or a fire breathing dragon if you want. Lots of attention to driver comfort too which my bimmers just didn't have. I admit, darker colors look sexiest on this car, but I like the Pewter--it's gonna wear dust better. It's got all options except distronic and parktronic. And I've ordered Sirius. Hope my pic comes up...
Attached Thumbnails 06 Pewter---Got it!-car.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005 | 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Nice ride. I just got mine and I'm in the same boat as you - looking for places to drive just to get more seat time.

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2005 | 08:52 AM

E63, GT500
Looks good brotha.
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
very very nice! enjoy it my friend!
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Good choice!! It looks great in Pewter!
Just make sure they don't destroy your trunk with one of the huge Sirius antennas.
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Very cool & beautiful car! Enjoy and drive it lots!
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:30 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Sirius Antenna

Welcome to the club, and congrats!

About the Sirius thing, I had the antenna mounted inside my rear window, but with the tinting I kept losing signal. So, I had to move it and had the new small color-matched antenna mounted on the trunk lid (unfortunately). Its not horrendous but it ain't great either, at least I get great reception now. Anyway, I asked them (dealership) to mount the antenna in the vent near the windshield wipers, and they said they couldn't. Then I asked them to mount it on the roof just in front of the Tele-Aid antenna - again they said they couldn't. So I had to settle for the trunk lid. Since then, though, I have seen people on this forum that have gotten the Sirius antenna mounted in BOTH those places that I mentioned above that they said couldn't be done. Bottom line - it won't pick up signal consistently if you mount it inside the rear window if you have tint (and you MUST have tint!). But don't let them brow-beat you into the trunk mount - push them for one of the other two options I mentioned above.

I'm driving to Atlanta this weekend (from Jacksonville, FL) partly to get my rearview mirror etched for my radar detector display, but MOSTLY for SEAT TIME! I hope to find some open road on I 75 to crank it for a couple miles!!

Enjoy the BEAST!! Grrrr.
Old 08-02-2005 | 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The Pewter is nice, especially with the dark interior. I have it on the Wife's ML and my pops has it on his E350.

Nice E55!!
Old 08-03-2005 | 01:06 AM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by oblax4
Welcome to the club, and congrats!

About the Sirius thing, I had the antenna mounted inside my rear window, but with the tinting I kept losing signal. So, I had to move it and had the new small color-matched antenna mounted on the trunk lid (unfortunately). Its not horrendous but it ain't great either, at least I get great reception now. Anyway, I asked them (dealership) to mount the antenna in the vent near the windshield wipers, and they said they couldn't. Then I asked them to mount it on the roof just in front of the Tele-Aid antenna - again they said they couldn't. So I had to settle for the trunk lid. Since then, though, I have seen people on this forum that have gotten the Sirius antenna mounted in BOTH those places that I mentioned above that they said couldn't be done. Bottom line - it won't pick up signal consistently if you mount it inside the rear window if you have tint (and you MUST have tint!). But don't let them brow-beat you into the trunk mount - push them for one of the other two options I mentioned above.

I'm driving to Atlanta this weekend (from Jacksonville, FL) partly to get my rearview mirror etched for my radar detector display, but MOSTLY for SEAT TIME! I hope to find some open road on I 75 to crank it for a couple miles!!

Enjoy the BEAST!! Grrrr.
If your driving an AMG and going to Atlanta this weekend you HAVE to get in touch with this guy from the CLK55 forum. He's putting together a group run no speed limits broken (unless you really want too). I did this with them when I had my CLK55. Was great fun and a great way to meet about 15 other AMG (only) drivers. His moniker is "Chappy".
Old 08-03-2005 | 01:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Wow that is a beautiful car.
A nice refreshing change from all the black and silver. Great way to pick something unique!

Any mods in the pipeline?
Old 08-03-2005 | 06:26 AM

06 E55,03 M3 (gone),05 Yukon, 03 Diesel PU,05 RK Custom, 03 SERK
Thanks for all the nice comments. I really don't have any mods in mind yet---just enjoying the ride! Oblax4---I appreciate all your thoughts on the antenna; I did see someones pic of it in the hood vent and that's a great idea. Even though it's color matched, I wouldn't like it on the trunk lid either. BTW, great wheels on your ride! I've been in touch with Mario (mdonati@interserv.com) about the flat hood ornaments and he's getting a new supply this Fall.