Thiiiiiiss close to going to jail this weekend...severe speeding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Thiiiiiiss close to going to jail this weekend...severe speeding

Totally my fault and deserved it only for the fact that around here, there is a MAJOR summer push to curb speeding.

I've been being a good little boy alllll summer trying to stay 10 under. Well I wanted a little high speed rush, so on my usual "gun it" stretch of pavement, all was clear and I let er rip...110, 120, 130, 145.....never enough road locally to get it over that. Need to take a trip out by the Salt Flats.....flat roads go for miles and miles.

Anyway, I am up to speed and I am approaching a hill.... usually I just let her sloowwww down gently over the hill, but with all the cops around I used brakes pretty hard to get it down. Trouble is...at 145, even with pretty good braking, as I crossed the hill at 95, there The Man was coming the other way. Went past each other at around 90 in a 55. Not sure if that was jail territory, but 145 in a 55 IS. No Radar beeps so thankfully I don't think he had it on. Didn't stick around to find out if he turned around either....I was close to home so hammered down some sideroads and shot into the garage.

Feel so stupid saying this, as hundreds if not thousands of people will die today from speeding related accidents, but THIS SUCKS.

I gotta get into Autocross.....it's my only hope for legal high speed.

Have a great Sunday.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rebel! cant wait to go to jail huh?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
You have big gonads to do that. :p
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280
OMG that happened to me this weekend also!

it was 2 am on a friday night and i was on rt 18 south goin through old bridge in new jersey. and i was goin like 65(which is normal) then my rents call me on the cellular and they are mad!!! so now i have like 2.5-3 miles to go. smooth road and no lights! mind you im in a 1999 c280 and i was like "s***, i need to get home man", so with my punjabi music blasting i gunned that german babe. suddenly outta no where i see the cop going the oppisite way across the medium and he sees me and cuts right across the median! this is when i thought to myself "ohh man this is gonna suck the big one" so im still gunnin it and i see the speedo reachin 100...105... . the cops puttin pedal to the metal in his crown vic with no lights and im like "oh shiznit!" so i gun it even more, now you hear the german babe getting worked up. i hit 125 before i see the offramp and the speedlimit on the offramp is 45 so i had to slow down from 125 to 45 madd quck and i stil see the cop chasin me with no lights. the off ramp is like a semi circle and then the road has no street lights
and man i gun that baby to 65 on tennant road in morganville,nj and when i get home i park the car in the garage and go watch the t.v.

man i was so scared!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:29 PM

You won't find any high speeds at autocross, but it is thrilling none-the-less. Do a Driver's Education. My local MB club does at least one. My Porsche club does them monthly except for the summer.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Totally my fault and deserved it only for the fact that around here, there is a MAJOR summer push to curb speeding.

I've been being a good little boy alllll summer trying to stay 10 under. Well I wanted a little high speed rush, so on my usual "gun it" stretch of pavement, all was clear and I let er rip...110, 120, 130, 145.....never enough road locally to get it over that. Need to take a trip out by the Salt Flats.....flat roads go for miles and miles.

Anyway, I am up to speed and I am approaching a hill.... usually I just let her sloowwww down gently over the hill, but with all the cops around I used brakes pretty hard to get it down. Trouble is...at 145, even with pretty good braking, as I crossed the hill at 95, there The Man was coming the other way. Went past each other at around 90 in a 55. Not sure if that was jail territory, but 145 in a 55 IS. No Radar beeps so thankfully I don't think he had it on. Didn't stick around to find out if he turned around either....I was close to home so hammered down some sideroads and shot into the garage.

Feel so stupid saying this, as hundreds if not thousands of people will die today from speeding related accidents, but THIS SUCKS.

Have a great Sunday.

I can feel your pain, brother! That is why once a month I take the beast to one of the three circuits we have available around Sydney and do laps all day with a bunch of Porsches, Ferraris, M3's, Maseratis and Aston Martins.
All very civilised, but damn quick! Iam going this Wednesday to Eastern Creek with my new set of semi-slick race tires
Attached Thumbnails Thiiiiiiss close to going to jail this weekend...severe speeding-dunlop3.jpg  
Old 08-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What kind of tires are those?
Also, why do they look like they've been sprayed?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
What kind of tires are those?
Also, why do they look like they've been sprayed?
They are brand new with the mold release compound not rubbed off yet. (Dunlop DZ 02G). Look at them after 50miles.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafal
They are brand new with the mold release compound not rubbed off yet. (Dunlop DZ 02G). Look at them after 50miles.
Sure just give me a picture of them after 50 miles.
WITHOUT BURNING OUT!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
You are one lucky SOB. I've come close like that many a time.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:21 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3

I have a similar experience, only wasn't at very high speed

Was on the way back home in the 120d after a night out with the lady, didn't want to take the more expensive cars as they tend to get keyed/sprayed in Melville. I had 4 beers and I'm quite a big fellow. So while I was 100% to drive, I was slightly over the limit. Just after dropping her off it was about 2am and I skipped a stop street, at quite some speed, could clearly see in the open that there were no other cars expect for a parked 3 series. Turns out it was a cop car and I never saw the vinyls because he was on my left hand side and the lights didn't reflect off him. Next thing I know he starts chasing me!

I nearly SH$T myself! He never got a look at my plates (I hope), so I decided to gun it down a few side streets. I'll say this for a 1 series - it can sure take turns! He was catching up every time we hit a straight, just not getting close enough to see my plates. Haven't heard anything yet so I'm sure I'm safe
Finally lost him in a set of very twisty suburb roads. Got home, leather on the seat was all wet and sweaty. Quickly pulled into the garage and sat in front of the TV watching the CCTV camera. Scary stuff
Old 08-08-2005, 09:53 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
My two cents

Ok, Village recently paved a street in my neighborhood and I had been itching to burn it up. Nice blacktop straightaway for about mile 1/2. Got out on a nice summer day at about 2pm and there was my opportunity. Damn, at the stoplight I noticed the disco lights sitting on top of the Crown Vic. No fun today I thought...but wait a minute....hey he's not from this village, but one about two cities over. Oh well....he's out of his jurisdiction! So down goes the pedal and right past him at @ 70mph I start. Up to 95mph to the next light about 1/2 mile down the road. All the time he's right behind me but has not started Saturday Night Fever yet! Finally pulls up to me at the next light, rolls down his window and says:"What's your problem buddy? Do you know how fast you were going?" I reply "about 70 or 80" he says "try 90!" and I say "REALLY" and pull off making a right turn. Heart was beating like 200bpm, but finally confirmed that old T.V. theory....if out of their jurisdiction, ain't a damn thing they can do! Later told my brother-in-law, who happens to be a county sherriff, and he said the cop could have called local village, but that's the extent to what he could have done. He also told me the cop probably wasn't supposed to be overhere and didn't want to get in trouble himself!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rafal
All very civilised, but damn quick! Iam going this Wednesday to Eastern Creek with my new set of semi-slick race tires
Rafal, do you have a link to any literature on those tires? Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
My first ticket was that I got caught speeding (110 @ 65) and I was forced out of my car at gun point and then handcuffed. Scared me to death... Luckily no jail time for me Only the ticket made me broke ($800).
Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Have a great Sunday.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM

2007 E550
I was doing the same thing this weekend in my benz with my homeboy on saturday night 1 in the morning,

we were on our way home from san jose, ca (downtown) to salinas, ca
on south 101, my friend has a 97 e420 w/ 20" rims and I have a 98 e320 w/ stock 16" but I just bought brand new tires v-rated, so we decieded to have a little fun I would fly by him he would fly by eventually me and him hit 130+ mph

good thing we did not see any cops!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C280
Originally Posted by NdnMbLova
OMG that happened to me this weekend also!

it was 2 am on a friday night and i was on rt 18 south goin through old bridge in new jersey. and i was goin like 65(which is normal) then my rents call me on the cellular and they are mad!!! so now i have like 2.5-3 miles to go. smooth road and no lights! mind you im in a 1999 c280 and i was like "s***, i need to get home man", so with my punjabi music blasting i gunned that german babe. suddenly outta no where i see the cop going the oppisite way across the medium and he sees me and cuts right across the median! this is when i thought to myself "ohh man this is gonna suck the big one" so im still gunnin it and i see the speedo reachin 100...105... . the cops puttin pedal to the metal in his crown vic with no lights and im like "oh shiznit!" so i gun it even more, now you hear the german babe getting worked up. i hit 125 before i see the offramp and the speedlimit on the offramp is 45 so i had to slow down from 125 to 45 madd quck and i stil see the cop chasin me with no lights. the off ramp is like a semi circle and then the road has no street lights
and man i gun that baby to 65 on tennant road in morganville,nj and when i get home i park the car in the garage and go watch the t.v.

man i was so scared!

AND THEN I WOKE UP