W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
W211E55 just sent me the funds for a kit. He will be kit #6.

Is there anyone else that wants one? Now would be a great time. I need to group these orders into 3s at a minimum otherwise they are going to raise the pricing of the parts on me.

If you are interested in a kit, please send me an email, otherwise I will get updated pricing on single kits that way I can order them 1 at a time.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Don't let someone email or say to you...

"His TB's bigger then yours....."

When you can have a 80mm... and stop that sand from being kicked in your face.

Send an Email to Dr. Vrus, as size does matter...

Originally Posted by vrus

Is there anyone else that wants one? Now would be a great time. I need to group these orders into 3s at a minimum otherwise they are going to raise the pricing of the parts on me.

If you are interested in a kit, please send me an email, otherwise I will get updated pricing on single kits that way I can order them 1 at a time.

Thanks!

Last edited by MACHC5; 07-30-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I never got a chance to put the stock TB and 80mm TB side by side so you can get a feel for how much bigger the 80mm really is, BUT, here are the 2 Y-pipes for comparison.

One is the stock Y-pipe and one is new 80mm Y-pipe I include with the kit.. Can you guess which is which?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:14 PM

'03 E55 AMG

Thanks!
Vrus- I'm in for one too! Will send you an email in a few minutes.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ok guys here is the deal:

In order to be able to get these 1 at a time I have to add $200CDN to the price.

Please send me a paypal for $2825CDN to VRUS1@HOTMAIL.COM..

Here is the breakdown: $2825 - 3% paypal fee = $2740CDN = $2425USD.

Check out what happened to me today:

I ordered the 5 SC inlets for you guys who sent in your money.. They arrived today! The difference in Part # between the 2002 SL55 inlet (NO Bypass Valve) and the Part # for a stock inlet (With Bypass valve) is 1 digit. The parts guy ordered me the wrong ones (because I ordered the NO-bypass valve unit the very first time he got confused and thought that's what I wanted so he ordered that one again now by mistake)!!

So, now I have 5 SC inlets with NO BYPASS valve sitting in my hands. Germany doesnt take them back (not even with a restocking fee), and I've already paid for them.. Nice... $1972 worth of useless inlets..

Any of you guys want to experiment with an SC inlet that has no bypass valve??? I am fighting with them to take them back but I am not sure how well that is going to go over....

Anyways, bottom line is I had to re-order 5 more inlets of the correct type and they wont arrive until Thursday or Friday now...

I am very sorry for the delay, but, it was beyond my control...

I am going to put these 5 useless inlets on eBay.. Hopefully I can get something for them... HO HUM... More tax write-offs this year.. LOL..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Jim! Email received and replied!

Originally Posted by Apple '55
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sold! Kit #7 is yours my friend.

Originally Posted by Apple '55
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I'd like to see some of the dyno results before I commit to buying one. I may have some cash for you when some of these folks get one and try it out.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I understand perfectly! My car is still showing a very rich condition after 4,000RPM so I havent been able to get a dyno pull done.. I now know it isnt a belt slippage issue since that was fixed.. It is either the cooling system or the tuning (too much timing possibly).

I am trying to resolve the programming issues I have before I can perform a new dyno pull. I am sure some of the people that are going to receive the kits will be able to get some before/after dynos done so we can see how this mod affects the different variety of power levels these people have.

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I'd like to see some of the dyno results before I commit to buying one. I may have some cash for you when some of these folks get one and try it out.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM

05E55
I never got a chance to put the stock TB and 80mm TB side by side so you can get a feel for how much bigger the 80mm really is, BUT, here are the 2 Y-pipes for comparison.

One is the stock Y-pipe and one is new 80mm Y-pipe I include with the kit.. Can you guess which is which?

Victor,

For your next project. How about running a cryo ball in the center of the y pipe to cool the air charge? It looks large enough to accommodate that type of system without any restriction in airflow. The benefits could be well worth the effort if you consider a 10 degree drop in temp is approx a 1% increase in HP. Plus, it beats spraying wart remover on the intercooler!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG

looks like two twin babies
Old 08-01-2006, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
I understand perfectly! My car is still showing a very rich condition after 4,000RPM so I havent been able to get a dyno pull done.. I now know it isnt a belt slippage issue since that was fixed.. It is either the cooling system or the tuning (too much timing possibly).

I am trying to resolve the programming issues I have before I can perform a new dyno pull. I am sure some of the people that are going to receive the kits will be able to get some before/after dynos done so we can see how this mod affects the different variety of power levels these people have.

Gotcha. We also need that shiney CF airbox you're working on to mate up snuggly to the new 80mm throttle body. Should be a nice kit with the two of them together.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
That's funny Rob!! Not a bad idea either... Our buddy Jim was just thinking out of the box... He's gotta get an A+ for creativity though!!! And, who knows, that **** might just work too!!

The cryo bulb in the Y-pipe might be a nice idea... It wouldnt be too hard to try it out and the Y-pipe is under $200 so its not that expensive of a part to experiment with.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Victor,

For your next project. How about running a cryo ball in the center of the y pipe to cool the air charge? It looks large enough to accommodate that type of system without any restriction in airflow. The benefits could be well worth the effort if you consider a 10 degree drop in temp is approx a 1% increase in HP. Plus, it beats spraying wart remover on the intercooler!
Just wait until these babies get bolted up to the beast's heart and start increasing the pumping power...

Originally Posted by Bipasha493
looks like two twin babies
Absolutely!! That's the master plan! Dying to finish this CF project.. Kind of starting slowly because we are waiting on parts to get the mold going. Things should pick up once we get past that hurdle.

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
Gotcha. We also need that shiney CF airbox you're working on to mate up snuggly to the new 80mm throttle body. Should be a nice kit with the two of them together.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you all a heads-up on where your kits stand.

P.S-> Rock: I put your stuff on order with the last 2 guys.. when you get a chance send the funds over.

Order Status
---------------

JakPro1 ........ @ Machine Shop (working on inlet and plate)
GTA23109a ........ @ Machine Shop (working on inlet and plate)
MACHC5 .......... Parts arrived.. Dropping off inlet @ Machine Shop
Kens-E55 ......... Parts arrived.. Dropping off inlet @ Machine Shop
Finny ........ Parts arrived.. Dropping off inlet @ Machine Shop
W211E55 ........ Parts on order from Germany.
Apple '55 ...... Parts on order from Germany.
Rock ........ Parts on order from Germany.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The machine shop is still working on the first 5 inlets & adapters.

The last 3 sets of parts are still on order with Germany and we are waiting for them to land.

Our problem was that we couldn't book the shop time ahead of time because we didnt know when the parts would land from Germany so we drop off the parts as they come in and hope the waiting time for our job to get started isnt too long..

I was told they are still working on them.. This time what I did was to make a few extras so that everything will be ready for anyone else that might want one in the future.

Sorry it is taking a while guys, but, I cant push any harder because I don't want them to rush through the job and make mistakes.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:47 PM

04 E55
Thanks for the update!!! Can't wait!!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 AM

2004 E55
Thanks for the update

BTW: Having your TB on the car now for a few weeks...any new things to share with us. (ie: issues, still getting stronger as ECU adapts, etc...)

Has the heat broken yet to get the car dynoed?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
All I can say is the 80mm is a MUST HAVE if you are modified with ECU, pullies & headers.. This thing really wakes the car up and the top end pull is just incredible.

It is a 100% improvement in the part throttle driving and the off-supercharger driving.. When the supercharger is disengaged, the airflow goes through the TB, through the supercharger inlet, down through the bypass valve and then on into the intake manifolds.. Having the larger 80mm TB provides alot more airflow to the motor and really makes the car run alot better in this scenario.

Another thing I noticed is, on the highway, you need a certain amount of throttle input to keep the car at a consistent speed.. Well, with this TB, humming along at 150km/h I am using probably 1/8 throttle input!!! A slight stab at the throttle and it accelerates.. I mean, I looked down and was doing 176km/h and my foot was probably a 1/4 way down on the throttle.. I am VERY impressed with the way it is working in the car. If I can just get the damn tune fixed, this car will be an animal.

I tried going on the dyno twice (it was over 90F both times) but besides the heat, my car just wouldnt register peak power.. A/F dove down below 10:1 after 4,000RPM and my already lean tune, leaned out a bit more after the TB install so my bottom end is showing 15:1 A/F from 2,000RPM to 3,500RPM.

I am trying to get someone to fly up here to Toronto to tune the car for me on the dyno. I told him I would pay for his flight & his time.. I just want my car running 100% and trying to do this with a programmer that is in Germany is very difficult.

I am more anxious to get JakPro1 and GTA their 80mm TB Kits so they can install it on their cars and give some feedback.. JakPro1 is running a K2 and GTA I am not sure what stage he is at.... (sorry Don.. Cant remember what mods you have).

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Thanks for the update

BTW: Having your TB on the car now for a few weeks...any new things to share with us. (ie: issues, still getting stronger as ECU adapts, etc...)

Has the heat broken yet to get the car dynoed?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:11 PM
dsc

2004 E55
Hey Victor, I'm still interested in the 80 mm TB. I just am very squeemish about pulling the SC. Since that is required, I want to be sure there is good gain from the 80 mm to justify the SC pull. I have K2 so I'd love to see what Jackpro gets before and after.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I am so friggin excited for this man. Really do feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I've been bugging the crap outta V (sorry again V)

I have my pre mod dyno already done. Car is running great. Adjusted dyno is at 476 wrhp. Pretty much same weather now as when I had it done too...HOT!!!! Just loved that dyno run.....guys were chuckling and some STI ricer guys were in on the jokes, then I punched it.

Then the joking stopped and I was informed I had just pulled the highest HP a street car had ever pulled on the machine and it was 2nd only to diesel trucks in torque. Ricer STI guys slowly walked away one by one after first pull.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 08-10-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ahh Dan.. You think too much.. LOL... Just send me monthly payments and I'll figure out where to allocate them for you!! LOL.. It will be like joining a wine club.. ONLY BETTER! Every month new mods will show up at your door...

Besides, you dont have to put the SC.. Your TECH has to pull the SC..

Send the money.. You **NEED** one of these in your car.. Do you hear the little voices in your head yet???

All joking aside... Whenever you are ready I will get one for you.. Not to worry.. Besides, I think once Jim reports back, you'll order one the very second he makes his post.. LOL....

Originally Posted by dsc
Hey Victor, I'm still interested in the 80 mm TB. I just am very squeemish about pulling the SC. Since that is required, I want to be sure there is good gain from the 80 mm to justify the SC pull. I have K2 so I'd love to see what Jackpro gets before and after.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:31 PM

04 E55
(sorry Don.. Cant remember what mods you have).
No worries . . . I probably never told anyone.

The car has Renntech headers and pulley and ECU. It's under the knife right now for a custom IC, new cams and a custom tune. Depending on when the TB arrives, I'll be able to tun the car with it on. If not, well, you'll all get to see stand-alone 80mm TB numbers, but I probably won't retune for it. Only thing I *need* now is a more agressive pulley setup. Something like the cobra/lightning guys use (like what Finny was talking about) would be perfect. It'd be nice to have 2 or 3 pullies available for tuning and racing, etc.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Hi Victor,

PM please with info for new order. Don't know where you are as far as packages are concerned!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Victor all your projects are
I wish i was done with college so I could spend loads of money on my car on R&D like you guys! Although some of you guys disrespect the w126 from what I saw on that other thread! One of our members is turbo-charging an m117 I can’t wit for the results!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Don,

You sneaky guy you!!! You were holding out...

Your car sounds like it is going to be one fast ride!! I am trying so hard to get these kits finished but right now I am at the mercy of the machine shop.. Because we didnt book the time ahead of time, they are finishing off other work so our stuff is not done yet.. See below for a little teaser...

Originally Posted by GTA23109a
No worries . . . I probably never told anyone.

The car has Renntech headers and pulley and ECU. It's under the knife right now for a custom IC, new cams and a custom tune. Depending on when the TB arrives, I'll be able to tun the car with it on. If not, well, you'll all get to see stand-alone 80mm TB numbers, but I probably won't retune for it. Only thing I *need* now is a more agressive pulley setup. Something like the cobra/lightning guys use (like what Finny was talking about) would be perfect. It'd be nice to have 2 or 3 pullies available for tuning and racing, etc.
I've got all the parts here.. I'm just waiting for the machine shop to get finished with our work... I am getting extra adapter plates made so that I will have them available for future kits. I didnt really know how many people wanted them, otherwise I would have pre-done these adapters.

You can paypal the funds to me like you did for the CF Airbox: vrus1@hotmail.com.. Send $2,825 CDN.. please make sure it is CDN and not US funds otherwise I lose 6% instead of 3% to paypal.

Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Hi Victor,

PM please with info for new order. Don't know where you are as far as packages are concerned!
Thanks my friend!

Originally Posted by egxpimp
Victor all your projects are
I wish i was done with college so I could spend loads of money on my car on R&D like you guys! Although some of you guys disrespect the w126 from what I saw on that other thread! One of our members is turbo-charging an m117 I can’t wit for the results!
-----------------------------------------------

Guys,

I am trying my best to get the machine shop to move quickly, but, unfortunately, they are my bottle neck right now.. The welding and machining has to be perfect so I dont want to **** them off and rush them.. I have ALL parts here.. Just waiting for them to finish and then off they go to their new homes...

By the way.. here is a little group shot for all the expecting "fathers".. LOL..

Last edited by vrus; 08-10-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Vic, I got a worm notice when I tried looking at you last post...

Don,

You sneaky guy you!!! You were holding out...

Your car sounds like it is going to be one fast ride!! I am trying so hard to get these kits finished but right now I am at the mercy of the machine shop.. Because we didnt book the time ahead of time, they are finishing off other work so our stuff is not done yet.. See below for a little teaser...

I've got all the parts here.. I'm just waiting for the machine shop to get finished with our work... I am getting extra adapter plates made so that I will have them available for future kits. I didnt really know how many people wanted them, otherwise I would have pre-done these adapters.

You can paypal the funds to me like you did for the CF Airbox: vrus1@hotmail.com.. Send $2,825 CDN.. please make sure it is CDN and not US funds otherwise I lose 6% instead of 3% to paypal.

Thanks my friend!

-----------------------------------------------

Guys,

I am trying my best to get the machine shop to move quickly, but, unfortunately, they are my bottle neck right now.. The welding and machining has to be perfect so I dont want to **** them off and rush them.. I have ALL parts here.. Just waiting for them to finish and then off they go to their new homes...

By the way.. here is a little group shot for all the expecting "fathers".. LOL..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***