W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Hey James.. Glad to hear it all worked out for you... Can't believe how long it took to get the install booked.. LOL... I thought you would have installed it the day after you received it..

Anyways, I'm glad you like the way car runs.. Cant wait to see your dyno #'s... I see that you and Ken have a little rivalry going... I am gonna stay neutral on who's car is faster.

Originally Posted by Apple '55
It's back and according to the tech who did the 80 MM TB install, he has never been in a faster car in his life! It even sounds faster. For sure it will torch Ken's 55 head to head Now it's off to the Dyno on Friday

Thanks Victor for all the R&D you put into this and for making it actually happen!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry for the delay guys.. I actually ran out of the stainless bolts & washers so I had to get another order and they didnt arrive until today.. All the boxes are packed and ready but Fedex wont pickup until tomorrow morning... My apologies.

You should all be receiving automated emails from Fedex's computers with your Tracking #s...
Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
... For sure it will torch Ken's 55 head to head Thanks Victor for all the R&D you put into this and for making it actually happen!

Hammer's reaction to you about the stupidity you state above!!

Cindy's reaction to my "silverstreak" humbling you!

Your reaction to watching my a$$ end leave you

u & me having a good time here!!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kens-E55

Hammer's reaction to you about the stupidity you state above!!

Cindy's reaction to my "silverstreak" humbling you!

Your reaction to watching my a$$ end leave you

u & me having a good time here!!
Ken:

Take a look at my signature for an idea of what you'll be looking at.
It starts with UBER....

This is fun
Old 11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I have been driving the car around with Vic's 80 MM T/Body and you can't even tell it's on the car untill you hit the loud pedal. Smooth idle and drivability, just so much more so.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
James.. The anticipation is killing me... Get that beast dyno'd... Can't wait to see the results.

hehehe... <sinister grin> ... you know... a nice set of SLR cams & gears might be a nice next step for that monster of yours..

Ken:

Take a look at my signature for an idea of what you'll be looking at.
It starts with UBER....

This is fun
Looking forward to your results also James. Based on all the kits that were sent out we have a good sampling of different mod levels so all these dynos will tell us alot.

Originally Posted by MACHC5
I have been driving the car around with Vic's 80 MM T/Body and you can't even tell it's on the car untill you hit the loud pedal. Smooth idle and drivability, just so much more so.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The next 6 kits should be ready on Monday so I will get them ready for shipping and will have them out before the end of the week.

- GhettoDreams
- mbamg06e55
- Mad TKD
- chiromikey
- theboogers
- Cosm
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
James.. The anticipation is killing me... Get that beast dyno'd... Can't wait to see the results.

hehehe... <sinister grin> ... you know... a nice set of SLR cams & gears might be a nice next step for that monster of yours..

Looking forward to your results also James. Based on all the kits that were sent out we have a good sampling of different mod levels so all these dynos will tell us alot.
Victor:

I just reserved dyno time for next Monday so I'll post results Monday PM. What would you do next with my car, headers or the SLR cams & gears?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Originally Posted by Finny
What you could while your waiting is high pressure clean where the injectors are located. Sand and ****e etc... builds up in here so when you pull the puffer off you don't want the crap falling into the chamber.

Do this a day or two before the install so it's 100% dry the next day.

Have Fun!

VERY good suggestion Finny...the only thing that would get me a bit nervous on this is all the crap you have to move just to get at the fasteners...I'm just not used to having all that junk in the way...otherwise this looks pretty easy if you've pulled engines apart before...why the hell don't they route stuff out of the way and make the top of that block look cleaner ....I suppose I have to bite the bullet on this one of these days
Old 11-29-2006, 02:43 AM

2004 E55
Victor:

I just reserved dyno time for next Monday so I'll post results Monday PM. What would you do next with my car, headers or the SLR cams & gears?

Thanks!
Jimmy - Don't even bother with cams until you get a set of headers on the car! Cams help the car to breathe, but the current exhaust manifolds will choke it all!! - You need headers FIRST!!
.................................................. ...............................wait a minute........what am I doing???....................you need to put cams in, then go to the RONCO 2.31 rear-end, and modify your exhaust to be a 2" stainless steel SINGLE exhaust with a Glasspack muffler!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:54 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Kens Car !!

Stopped in @ C2Design yesterday. Chris is a Great Guy. !!
There was a indication that your Car was WAY SILLY FAST!!Something about Tickets??

Last edited by PTE; 11-29-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
What??? No headers??? NO WAY!! If I would have known that I wouldn't have sold you the TB kit until you put those in. Without a doubt, that is definitely your next purchase!!!

Order a set of the Evosport headers.. For under $3K you get a set of ceramic coated headers and on my stock car they made 30rwhp and 30rwtq. On a modified car the power jump will be higher. Once you are done with that, the cams & gears OR cams, gears & heads would be the next step. I'll tell you what.. Just send me a few blank cheques and mods will just start showing up at your doorstep each month.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 AM

'03 E55 AMG
What??? No headers??? NO WAY!! If I would have known that I wouldn't have sold you the TB kit until you put those in. Without a doubt, that is definitely your next purchase!!!

Order a set of the Evosport headers.. For under $3K you get a set of ceramic coated headers and on my stock car they made 30rwhp and 30rwtq. On a modified car the power jump will be higher. Once you are done with that, the cams & gears OR cams, gears & heads would be the next step. I'll tell you what.. Just send me a few blank cheques and mods will just start showing up at your doorstep each month.
Evosport headers are on order. Blank check is in the mail

Thanks Victor!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 AM

'03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Jimmy - Don't even bother with cams until you get a set of headers on the car! Cams help the car to breathe, but the current exhaust manifolds will choke it all!! - You need headers FIRST!!
.................................................. ...............................wait a minute........what am I doing???....................you need to put cams in, then go to the RONCO 2.31 rear-end, and modify your exhaust to be a 2" stainless steel SINGLE exhaust with a Glasspack muffler!
Thanks Ken. Almost made a big mistake with the evosport headers. I have the 2" glasspack on order as you suggest.
Pulled the SC out too as that was just killing my gas mileage.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
vic- been anxiously ready for the TB shipment. i want to know what the evo spacers are for? should i consider these in addition to the TB install? how much do they cost? i have the asp pulleys to install at the same time. thanks
Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I am packing all the boxes and getting them ready for shipping.. They will be out tomorrow.

As for the Evosport spacers.. If I remember correctly they are around $250.. They did make a noticeable difference in temp of the intake manifolds.. After a long drive and parking the car, the intake manifolds were cooler to the touch than before the mod. I personally am satisfied with them and recommend them..

Originally Posted by theboogers
vic- been anxiously ready for the TB shipment. i want to know what the evo spacers are for? should i consider these in addition to the TB install? how much do they cost? i have the asp pulleys to install at the same time. thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 02:01 PM

05' E55
Whats the status ?? Hope to get mine installed before the holidays
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 PM

'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
I'd like to buy a kit. check your PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Dyno Pak Bummer

Victor:
Brought it in for a post TB dyno today and wanted to try a different shop with supposedly more accurate Dyno Pak machines. Well they bolted the hubs in but couldn't get it to come out of 1st gear even with ABS off. Three hours later and numerous calls all around no luck so we gave up for the day.

Absent someone telling me how to get around this, I will have to bring it back to my tech at the dealer for a run on their machine. Evo shorty headers are ordered and on the way!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
2 kits were picked up by Fedex this morning:

- GhettoDreams
- Mad TKD

2 more are going out tomorrow morning:

- Chiromikey
- theboogers

2 remaing kits:

Cosm: There was a some damage to the plate that was to be used for your kit.. I am waiting for a replacement to be completed.. If I get it back tomorrow I might be able to get yours out tomorrow also.. Otherwise it will follow shortly.

Scarafin: Yours is the last one to be done. I am hoping to have it complete by Friday.. Worst case scenario next Monday.

Originally Posted by Cosm
Whats the status ?? Hope to get mine installed before the holidays
Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Check yours for the answer..

Originally Posted by silversurfer
I'd like to buy a kit. check your PM.
Uggh... Your car is making too much power... it's breaking the dyno.. LOL..

Nice choice on the headers..

BTW.. I've been keeping an eye out for the blank cheque you mailed me, but I havent seen it yet.. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.. You put my name on the TO LINE right?

Victor:
Brought it in for a post TB dyno today and wanted to try a different shop with supposedly more accurate Dyno Pak machines. Well they bolted the hubs in but couldn't get it to come out of 1st gear even with ABS off. Three hours later and numerous calls all around no luck so we gave up for the day.

Absent someone telling me how to get around this, I will have to bring it back to my tech at the dealer for a run on their machine. Evo shorty headers are ordered and on the way!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Fedex picked up these 3 kits this morning and should be on their way.. Within 2 days you guys will have them.. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

- Chiromikey
- theboogers
- mbamg06e55

Cosm,

Your kit is packed and scheduled for Fedex pickup tomorrow morning.. It will be on its way and you should have it by Monday at the latest. Sorry.. I tried my best to get it out today but I just couldnt make the cutoff.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Kit #26 for SilverSurfer!

Parts will be ordered in the morning.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:27 PM

'03 E55 AMG
Check yours for the answer..

Uggh... Your car is making too much power... it's breaking the dyno.. LOL..

Nice choice on the headers..

BTW.. I've been keeping an eye out for the blank cheque you mailed me, but I havent seen it yet.. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.. You put my name on the TO LINE right?
Oh the check has been sent Now get the CF airbox out and we can have some real fun over the winter!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
I had MBenz install my 80mm TB, it took them about 7 hrs as they removed the S/C. I picked up the car on a very warm day -- 80F and my intake temps were like 120F in traffic. It seemed to pull harder but I didn't get a good crack at it.

Next morning it was 30F and I went WOT at 25mph and the car violently wheel hopped all the way to 55mph due to the massive torque/hp and after repeated runs with the tires warmed up it would still wheel hop.

The next day it was 50F and the car was then sliding with traction control on up to 70mph.

While I was testing the car I picked up an WRX STi along the way that wanted to play. I made a right turn at 5mph and floored it and he got right behind me. I was spinning and hopping badly and he moved into the next lane as he started to pull on me side by side since I was losing so much traction. Then suddenly my PS2s gripped and I shot about 7 cars on him from 30-90mph. At the next light he asked me if I sprayed on him, lol. I said no, I just finally got power to the ground.

Now with all this power I need some drag radials, something better than BFGs which I had before. AWESOME MOD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** 80mm AMG Throttle Body ***