Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The quality of the weave and finish is amazing!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Looks great VRus!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Looks killer...
Old 12-15-2006, 02:46 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Can't Wait

I CAN"T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!!!!!

Guys like you make this forum what it is. I would dream and dream about something like this but either pay $3900 or not have one. YOU on the other hand take action and the rest of us get to enjoy the benefits of your ingenuity.

THANK YOU VICTOR!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 PM

2004 E55
-------------

Kens-E55: I am going to try to work something out so that I can send you my airbox to put on your car and you can have it displayed at the show.. Maybe that will help drum up sales. At the same time, you can test it on your car and see if you can increase that trap speed of yours.. Not 100% confirmed yet, but I am going to try my best to make it happen. Just remember, it's a LOANER and has to be returned.. LOL.. [/QUOTE]

Victor - Sounds GREAT!!

I'de be happy to do some testing if you like. - As you can see from the Moroso Track rental, my times in 72 degree weather were VERY CONSISTENT!! (6 runs between 121.52 & 122.39)----so seeing the benefit of the airbox should be fairly simple - (given the same outside temps)
Please let me know - I'll make sure it's taken care of like a KING!!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CF Airbox

+1 to what Vadim @ MBLN said. People should read all your post. To see how hard you have work on a lot of projects. Keep up the good work. You made me proud to be a Cannuck.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Now that is one fine piece of engineering!!!!

.....Great work Victor!!!!...and have a Great Christmas!!!.....you deserve it!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:36 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
PRI Conference

Hi All; Just got back from The Performance Racing Industry Conference. In Orlando. After looking at all the Mechanical EYE CANDY . I come home to This!! Victors new Carbon Fiber air box . It would have been a piece of art up there. Great Job Guys. I really like where the Fold / Vee that directs the air flow inward , for a smooth convergence of leftside & right side incoming air . Man ! MY legs are killing me . Now MY wallet

Last edited by PTE; 12-15-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Vic,
Are the filters also ready? I'm finally getting K1 done, and it looks like Evo will be doing it so I can get their resonator delete at the same time. I'd love to be able to get the filters in for the post dyno.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 519 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Wow Victor!! That is much better than I thought it would be. I'm very impressed.

Any idea of how many of the original members (that helped finance this project) are still on board?

I can't wait to install that puppy. I predict my new 1/4 mile times to be.........12.6 @126mph. Haha
Old 12-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Very nice VRUS!!!

Any chances, someone can buy the rights to that thing?

I'm glad I got in on the initial round, but I think lots would want it down the road, even for a retail price!!

The design is gorgeous. The fact that it blends looks to finction is a testement to you and your work. Don't sell out and go weak on us!!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:34 PM

SL65 AMG
Now make one for the sl65 please!!!

Dont forget the 65 owners victor!!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Don't forget your original R&D investors my Canadian AMG genius. I'm on page 1!

Incredible job Victor!! Can't wait to order mine!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:05 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Wow, you really pulled it off with flying colors. Perfect Victor just perfect.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Nice, Very nice... In fact as nice as any add-on at the PRI show..
I'm also at PRI in Orlando and after 2 days of walking and talking... I'm ready to go home.

Also saw the Green filter & ITG booths,

Last edited by MACHC5; 12-16-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thank you guys for all the kind words and support!! I know this was a long haul to get to this point, but I think it was all worth it... All the people that I worked with to make this product a reality are perfectionists.. None of us wanted to see this thing done until it was perfect.

I can't even begin to take all the credit because there was a great group of people involved far brighter than me to get this piece to where it is.

The CF guys I am working with are a world class company and I plan on doing alot more work with them in the future.
---------------------------

Thank you my friend! I appreciate all of your input throughout this project!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
Very, very nice!!!!!

Simply gorgeous!!!!!!

Congratulations my friend, you are officially now a tuner.
As soon as fitment testing is complete I am going to try to get dyno testing done.. Will also see if I can get someone to do some 1/4 mile testing in real world conditions. That's gonna be tough here in Toronto because of the weather so I'll get someone down south to do that.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Any estimate on when we will see dyno numbers?
Yup.. All of them!

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Victor is it possible to determine which models (CL, CLS, S, SL, C?) might be able to use it?

Porsche & Ferrari products are something that I am looking at and working on right now.. All I need to determine priority of what gets done is if you can gather up 10 people that are interested in something, I can make it happen. I was looking at making an intake similar to the EVO high flow V intake but in pure CF.. you think there is a market for it?

Originally Posted by egxpimp

so Victor when are you design one for a 911 tt 996 !!1 ! i need one !
Thanks! I've compared the quality up against other products and this definitely stands amongst the best of the best.

Originally Posted by JamE55
The quality of the weave and finish is amazing!
Glad you like cause one is going on your car soon..

Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Looks great VRus!
Thanks bud! You sure you want to go back to stock?

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Looks killer...
Thank you Paul! Much appreciated. You are too kind and I hope you enjoy it even more once you have it on your car.

Originally Posted by PDC
I CAN"T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!!!!!

Guys like you make this forum what it is. I would dream and dream about something like this but either pay $3900 or not have one. YOU on the other hand take action and the rest of us get to enjoy the benefits of your ingenuity.

THANK YOU VICTOR!
Thanks for the kind words!! You'll have to come to one of our next local gettogethers.. It isnt a big group, but everyone is good people.

Originally Posted by viper04
+1 to what Vadim @ MBLN said. People should read all your post. To see how hard you have work on a lot of projects. Keep up the good work. You made me proud to be a Cannuck.

Not sure of the exact numbers.. I believe the airflow engineers did all the flow testing.. I will see if I can get some flow numbers.

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Looks awesome Victor - Any way of figuring how much more volume there is on the filter to TB portion compared to stock. (Any restrictions as to airflow)
Thanks Manjit!! Hope you have a great holiday also!

Originally Posted by Efivefive
Now that is one fine piece of engineering!!!!

.....Great work Victor!!!!...and have a Great Christmas!!!.....you deserve it!!!
Welcome back! I've got one ready for you whenever you are ready..

That little V in the middle at the Y-pipe was part intentional and part because of the V shape of the firewall.. LOL.. It has to be there one way or another..

Originally Posted by PTE
Hi All; Just got back from The Performance Racing Industry Conference. In Orlando. After looking at all the Mechanical EYE CANDY . I come home to This!! Victors new Carbon Fiber air box . It would have been a piece of art up there. Great Job Guys. I really like where the Fold / Vee that directs the air flow inward , for a smooth convergence of leftside & right side incoming air . Man ! MY legs are killing me . Now MY wallet
All the filters to satisfy the run of Airboxes are ready, but the other batch I ordered are not here yet.

Originally Posted by Fast55
Vic,
Are the filters also ready? I'm finally getting K1 done, and it looks like Evo will be doing it so I can get their resonator delete at the same time. I'd love to be able to get the filters in for the post dyno.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks Dave!!! I love it when I can exceed someone's expectations.. it means I did something right!

P.S-> You still crack me up.. 12.6 @ 126mph.. LOL.. You may just be right about that too...

Originally Posted by Rock
Wow Victor!! That is much better than I thought it would be. I'm very impressed.

Any idea of how many of the original members (that helped finance this project) are still on board?

I can't wait to install that puppy. I predict my new 1/4 mile times to be.........12.6 @126mph. Haha
Thanks bud!!! If I can impress you then I know I did a good job! You're probably as picky as I am... LOL..

I'm never selling out my friend. I do this stuff because I love it... And I'm going to continue doing it exactly the same way.. If it becomes something bigger one day, all the better!

Originally Posted by jangy
Very nice VRUS!!!

Any chances, someone can buy the rights to that thing?

I'm glad I got in on the initial round, but I think lots would want it down the road, even for a retail price!!

The design is gorgeous. The fact that it blends looks to finction is a testement to you and your work. Don't sell out and go weak on us!!
Definitely not forgotten! I've been chasing around an SL65 here for a while that I wanted to grab for R&D.. My friend traded it on a new car so I am back on the prowl.. If someone wants to lend me an SL65 for some R&D it might speed things up though.. LOL.. hint, hint...

Honestly, the V12TT cars is what I am going to R&D next.. If you can get me a list of a few people that would be interested in something, I'll build it and make it happen!!

Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Dont forget the 65 owners victor!!
Thanks Jim!! I could never forget you! Your name is high up on the list...

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Don't forget your original R&D investors my Canadian AMG genius. I'm on page 1!

Incredible job Victor!! Can't wait to order mine!
Thanks Dan!! I am really happy that you like the outcome.

Originally Posted by dsc
Wow, you really pulled it off with flying colors. Perfect Victor just perfect.
Hey James! Much appreciated. I am sure you will love it even more once you see it in person.

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Nice, Very nice... In fact as nice as any add-on at the PRI show..
I'm also at PRI in Orlando and after 2 days of walking and talking... I'm ready to go home.

Also saw the Green filter & ITG booths,
Old 12-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry Dave.. Forgot to address this point..

We have 33 names on the list in the first run not 32 that I keep blabbing about.

I want to make sure everyone is clear about one thing:

All of the money that was collected was supposed to be used for the ** Competitive CF Airbox purchase priced at $5,100CDN ** but since that went to hell in a handbasket, only $20 from each person was used to basically purchase the stock airbox assembly to test with (this was done before trying to purchase the Competitive CF airbox so the money was already spent).

The rest of the money ($180) was kept only as a deposit for the final purchase price of the product. None of that money was used to finance the build of the product and all of it is still in my Paypal account. That means everyone on the list only has to pay $1420USD + shipping to get the airbox & filters..

Originally Posted by Rock
Old 12-16-2006, 01:08 PM

'03 E55
Victor,

I would also like to add my name the growing list of people who would like to buy one of the beutifull pieces. I must admit I did have some doubts but I stand corrected.

I know I speak for everyone when I say we all appreciate your long hours spent into improving all of our MB's and sharing it with us.

Thank you!

Tony
Old 12-16-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
[QUOTE=Rock;1890826
[/QUOTE]

Definitely.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Hmmmmm, looks great! May have to pull out the CC and order one. I just ordered alottttttttt of other stuff so i'm kinda broke right now (Eisenmann race exhaust, DPE sig. series S20 wheels, Carlsson racing seats, Carlsson Rs bumper, etc etc).
Any estimate on when we will see dyno numbers?
Not sure if that would work on a kleeman S/C'ed 5.5........it may just work with the MB kompressors.

Let's see those carlsson racing seats when you get them, they must be sick!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Amazing job VRUS ... !!! Well worth the wait...

Can't wait for them to start shipping.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Not sure if that would work on a kleeman S/C'ed 5.5........it may just work with the MB kompressors.

Let's see those carlsson racing seats when you get them, they must be sick!!!
I have the E55k airbox retrofitted to the Kleemann kompressor. I guess I'll have to do some research before I buy.
The seats wont go in til the spring but I will take pics of the seats and post em up.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Out Of Control!

I have the E55k airbox retrofitted to the Kleemann kompressor. I guess I'll have to do some research before I buy.
Not 100% sure but i don't think it'll fit. The stock kompressor TB is angled to a certain degree where ours is coming out straight from the back. But then again you never know...
Old 12-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by JamE55
Not 100% sure but i don't think it'll fit. The stock kompressor TB is angled to a certain degree where ours is coming out straight from the back. But then again you never know...
You are right, I forgot about that. I will have to look at it again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** $1,500 CF Airbox with HP benefits ***