W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my re-flash done and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my interpretation; they are referring to drivability problems, such as engine misfires, hard starting, and no start, engine running rich, transmission in limp mode, no shift, hard shift. Inoperative features, alarm, window and heated seats. ECT…..

Mercedes vehicle have a diagnostic self check strategy, the ECU and TCM will do an input and output parameter check for malfunctions.

If it was a data, or Operator problem with the ECU or TCM with CAN the malfunction indicator light would shine.

The PDF clearly states software calibration number coding “prevents after market performance enhancements” there are two threads going, most comments are my car has less power/ performance after the re flash.

Some one should do a poll, the same or less power, after the relay re flash.

I had the same relay flash done on my stock C32, with no problems. Oh, I did have a slight decrease in power, it was the fuel filter. For me it’s the same.

I think MB is over writing tuners programming, and to be honest, if it was my company I would also
Old 08-08-2006, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by C32AMG/02
Here is my interpretation; they are referring to drivability problems, such as engine misfires, hard starting, and no start, engine running rich, transmission in limp mode, no shift, hard shift. Inoperative features, alarm, window and heated seats. ECT…..

Mercedes vehicle have a diagnostic self check strategy, the ECU and TCM will do an input and output parameter check for malfunctions.

If it was a data, or Operator problem with the ECU or TCM with CAN the malfunction indicator light would shine.

The PDF clearly states software calibration number coding “prevents after market performance enhancements” there are two threads going, most comments are my car has less power/ performance after the re flash.

I had the same relay flash done on my stock C32, with no problems. Oh, I did have a slight decrease in power, it was the fuel filter. For me it’s the same.

I think MB is over writing tuners programming, and to be honest, if it was my company I would also
I think the poll also should consist of what year the vehicle is also.

I have an 04 and after the flash, i lost considerable power to a point where its tough to burn the tires with esp off....
Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 PM

Is your car stock or does it have an after market performance enhancement, if you don’t what to answer I understand way. .
Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

.............I see there is still a lot of confusion about this. The relay work is NOT the problem. So your C32 WILL NOT be expected to be affected. The ECU flash is the problem and like Cory said, there actually at least 6 or 7 different sftware programs that are being used with no ryme or reason. Further, cars of the same year make and model actually have different stock OEM ECU software. When you combine these two things, you get chaos which is what is happening.

...........As for MB's right to overwrite tuner software. I think you are wrong. THE CAR BELONGS TO THE CUSTOMER. At worst MB can refuse to do relevant warranty work on such a car. To take someone's private property and make changes to it such that it becomes less desirable to the property owner makes no sense. It is like your home builder forcing his way into your home without your permission and changing your water heater to a lower capacity unit without your permission. I take it you'll just stand there with lube in hand and bend over and say thank you sir, after he is done.

Ted.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
The date on the pdf is 2/18/04,. I did a double take when I found it.
If the document is two and a half years old, I am not sure it has anything to do with the recent flash that appears to be causing problems for owners of 03-04 cars.

Has anyone who has been affected tried contacting MB North America to complain and find out what was done. I know that when the M5 was launched here, there was a sort of "grass roots" campaign in which many owners called and emailed BMWNA until they provided an official response on why there was no launch control.

It is a bit different here, because nobody knows what the heck happened. But someone who was affected should go directly to MB. If my car had been, I would have.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Is your car stock or does it have an after market performance enhancement, if you don’t what to answer I understand way. .

My car is completely stock down to the air filters.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by enzom
If the document is two and a half years old, I am not sure it has anything to do with the recent flash that appears to be causing problems for owners of 03-04 cars.

Has anyone who has been affected tried contacting MB North America to complain and find out what was done. I know that when the M5 was launched here, there was a sort of "grass roots" campaign in which many owners called and emailed BMWNA until they provided an official response on why there was no launch control.

It is a bit different here, because nobody knows what the heck happened. But someone who was affected should go directly to MB. If my car had been, I would have.

Maybe we should start a group letter to MBUSA. That way its just not one or two of us but a bunch more. POssibly that will get their attention.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by E552006
Guys and gals
I have noticed no difference in any performance characteristics or MPG. If anything the car is running excellent considering the heat here in Savannah.
Temps have been 95 plus here for weeks.
I have followed threads about this and it does seem that the older,03 and 04 cars, are being effected much worse than the newer cars.
It also seems that the earlier reflash recipients seem to be having more issues. Do you think MB has changed the flash again due to issues with early adopters?
Man my milage has lost 4 per gallon, and i'm a conservative driver!

What a joke!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Maybe we should start a group letter to MBUSA. That way its just not one or two of us but a bunch more. POssibly that will get their attention.
i've already tried documenting with mb. the dealer tells me to call mb directly and mb tells me to take it to the dealer. i'm ready to do anything. i'm not a good organizer but i'll follow this through for sure if something gets started.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
No rhyme or reason as per Kleeman??
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Originally Posted by illrukus187
Man my milage has lost 4 per gallon, and i'm a conservative driver!

What a joke!

What's a joke?
I am telling you what I have observed.
I do drive my car, 2000 miles per month.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Listen Guys and Gals.
I am not saying that some cars are not effected. Obviously some are. I do think it has something to do with the year and ECU in the car. To me, it looks like some of the older ECU's and sensors are not taking to the modified software correctly.
I am not looking for offensive post, just constructive conversation.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i've already tried documenting with mb. the dealer tells me to call mb directly and mb tells me to take it to the dealer. i'm ready to do anything. i'm not a good organizer but i'll follow this through for sure if something gets started.

I have started the process of getting things resolved with MBUSA and I will keep you guys updated. I am known for getting my way when it comes to legal stuff. I got thru to the corporate office today and they told me they would make me happy. I expect an important call from a MBUSA executive tomorrow and I will let you guys know what happens. You know what they say....hell hath no furry like a scorned woman. LOL

E552006 you are wrong. The 05 & 06's with an 05 build date are also having problems. If your car was built in 06 you might not notice the difference. I have an issue because my original program is not available to reflash back to. Since every car is married to the ECU it creates a problem for me. I can quickly resolve my issue by purchasing a stock ECU for a grand but I am not about to pay a penny for it. I told the dealer to leave my car alone and they didn't listen. Trust me with the stage 4 Evo on my car and the LSD, my car is still f-in fast and will kick the a$$ of most cars out there. My car is also at the shop getting NOS and that will add about another 100HP in addition to what I already have. I guess it's just about the principal for me.

Last edited by BENZGal; 08-11-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I have started the process of getting things resolved with MBUSA and I will keep you guys updated. I am known for getting my way when it comes to legal stuff. I got thru to the corporate office today and they told me they would make me happy. I expect an important call from a MBUSA executive tomorrow and I will let you guys know what happens. You know what they say....hell hath no furry like a scorned woman. LOL

E552006 you are wrong. The 05 & 06's with an 05 build date are also having problems. If your car was built in 06 you might not notice the difference.
My worry is that the newer '06s have it built in so i was less apt to notice. You talking to someone in Irvine? It is pretty cool once you get a hold of a real management. they don't need the fuss and care about their rep. LOVE.

PM us or post with findings so we can decide if the beast is the BEAST!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
My worry is that the newer '06s have it built in so i was less apt to notice. You talking to someone in Irvine? It is pretty cool once you get a hold of a real management. they don't need the fuss and care about their rep. LOVE.

PM us or post with findings so we can decide if the beast is the BEAST!

LOL oh no honey I am at the top of the food chain at MBUSA in N.J. They didn't make me a Bank Vice President for no reason. LOL
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
LOL oh no honey I am at the top of the food chain at MBUSA in N.J. They didn't make me a Bank Vice President for no reason. LOL
Nice girl. You sure slapped me around good!!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jangy,

Nah it's all love for you. Your a funny cool cat. I just don't play games and I always go straight to the top. Hint...hint
Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

E552006 you are wrong. The 05 & 06's with an 05 build date are also having problems. If your car was built in 06 you might not notice the difference. I have an issue because my original program is not available to reflash back to. Since every car is married to the ECU it creates a problem for me. I can quickly resolve my issue by purchasing a stock ECU for a grand but I am not about to pay a penny for it. I told the dealer to leave my car alone and they didn't listen. Trust me with the stage 4 Evo on my car and the LSD, my car is still f-in fast and will kick the a$$ of most cars out there. My car is also at the shop getting NOS and that will add about another 100HP in addition to what I already have. I guess it's just about the principal for me.
.............I just wanted to add that purchasing another ECU does not lways resolve the problem. First you do not know if the new ECU has the recall software already. Then the new ECU needs to be SCN coded by the dealer to your VIN. Another member has already posted a training manual from MB that shows that during SCN coding for the past 2 years, the ECU is modified to specifically prevent after market tunning. Besides, the new ECU you purchase is likely to have a totally different stock OEM MB software from the one that came with your car. This is totally separate from the whether or not it has the hidden load limit codes. When you take your new ECU with a different OEM software and marry it to your Kleemann K4 program, plus the SCN coding that has to be done, you get poor performnce. This is what happened to me. So the new ECU that I purchased did not solve the problem and it is sitting in my garage as a reminder of a totally wasted $2K...yes $2k, not $1K

.........if you told the dealer to leave your car alone and they didn't I think that is pretty bad. Although some seemingly very educated people still don't understand that the car is actually yours and does not belong to the dealer or to Mercedes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 08-11-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Benzgal,

If you need any support from us forum members please dont hesistate to ask. Complaining in numbers I found typically gets better results. Good luck with your conversations.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.............I just wanted to add that purchasing another ECU does not lways resolve the problem. First you do not know if the new ECU has the recall software already. Then the new ECU needs to be SCN coded by the dealer to your VIN. Another member has already posted a training manual from MB that shows that during SCN coding for the past 2 years, the ECU is modified to specifically prevent after market tunning. Besides, the new ECU you purchase is likely to have a totally different stock OEM MB software from the one that came with your car. This is totally separate from the whether or not it has the hidden load limit codes. When you take your new ECU with a different OEM software and marry it to your Kleemann K4 program, plus the SCN coding that has to be done, you get poor performnce. This is what happened to me. So the new ECU that I purchased did not solve the problem and it is sitting in my garage as a reminder of a totally wasted $2K...yes $2k, not $1K

.........if you told the dealer to leave your car alone and they didn't I think that is pretty bad. Although some seemingly very educated people still don't understand that the car is actually yours and does not belong to the dealer or to Mercedes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ted
Ted,

I have read your post earlier and remember you telling us this. I was told by someone at MBUSA that you can get a new ECU that has not been reflashed with the new software, that is why I posted that. I would have to sent away 2k I guess..arrrgggg instead of 1k like I was told. I didn't want to waste the money and end up with an issue like you. I also REFUSE to send away a penny to them. Like you said this is my car and where is the notice or even consent that was given to me before they touch my ECU? I sure as hell don't remember reading anything about it when I purchased the car. I wouldn't have purchased this car. With the 30k on mods and the cash purchase price I would have been better off purchasing a different car. We have a new M5 in the family that is also lacking power after the recall with BMW.

Thank you for your support guys! I expect to hear back from him in an hour or so and I will let you know the outcome. Trust me I will get my correct software version back even if I have to file a suit. I don't think it will come to that.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Go get 'em Angela! I hope you are successful and find a way to get them to reverse what they did.. If you wouldn't mind, please keep me updated on the outcome.. I am not sure if my car is still being plagued by this issue either.

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am working on the issue for myself and hope to resolve my own issue.

Good luck with your car guys.

Last edited by BENZGal; 08-11-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
They agreed with me that the software had a code to prevent tuners from exceeding the load limit.
Did they agree that the latest re-flash installed that code ? That sucks. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Angela,

Can you find out from them what the codes or signs are for us to look for if our ECUs do have the load limit..

Is it only the P024D code which tells us if it is there? Or is it a specific Firmware Version that tells us.

My car doesnt show the P024D code (load limit active) when I run Star Diagnostics against it so I am not sure if I am still plagued by this problem or not.

Thanks for taking this on!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vader
Did they agree that the latest re-flash installed that code ? That sucks. Thanks for the info.

I have a solution for you guys that have the pre-reflash software version.
Contact Evosport and have them scan your ECU and store the program. It might cost you, but it's well worth it. If your car gets upgraded by the dealership Evosport can return your software back to the original program and your car will still be covered under warranty. No one will know but you. They have already fixed it for one client of theirs. Just a thought.

Vrus,
I didn't want to throw it all out in the first convo. I will ask your questions when they call me back.

I would ask that any of you that have contacts at dealerships not mention this thread. I am working on finding a peaceful solution for us and I don't need it complicated by anger. Like my momma tells me..it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I have made a good step towards a solution for some of us.

Last edited by BENZGal; 08-11-2006 at 09:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my re-flash done and.....