Underdrive Pulleys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Underdrive Pulleys

Is evosport the only company that makes underdrive pulleys? How much additional horsepower/torque can be expected with this upgrade? Is it worth it? I have the upgrade bug again.....
Old 11-16-2006, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
ASP provide a smaller water pump pulley - but its more for clearance issues than underdriving issues from what I understand - BTW my ASP pulley arrived today !!!!

Can't wait to get it slaped on - hopefully Saturday or definately next w/e.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stevebez
ASP provide a smaller water pump pulley - but its more for clearance issues than underdriving issues from what I understand - BTW my ASP pulley arrived today !!!!

Can't wait to get it slaped on - hopefully Saturday or definately next w/e.
I got mine last Friday. It's so heavy! Are you going to do the install yourself? I was considering it but I think I need a lift and in that case I think I'll just take it to my shop. If you do do it, let me know.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:56 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
I got mine last Friday. It's so heavy! Are you going to do the install yourself? I was considering it but I think I need a lift and in that case I think I'll just take it to my shop. If you do do it, let me know.
I just got mine too - going in next wedensday - this pulley really is heavy (it surprised me) to think of this rotating at 5000 or even 6000 rpm...hmmm thats some angluar momentum. I have a local garage scheduled to put it in...doesn't look tough I just don't have a lot of space or time for doing it at home.

I am just hoping it lives up to the billing its been receiving on this site

let us know how yours (steve too) goes...and are you pre/post dyno'ing?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SS3E55
I just got mine too - going in next wedensday - this pulley really is heavy (it surprised me) to think of this rotating at 5000 or even 6000 rpm...hmmm thats some angluar momentum. I have a local garage scheduled to put it in...doesn't look tough I just don't have a lot of space or time for doing it at home.

I am just hoping it lives up to the billing its been receiving on this site

let us know how yours (steve too) goes...and are you pre/post dyno'ing?
I want to do a pre/post but I don't know of any dyno's here in the LA area. Eurorev says they have one but I think they only let you use it if you do the install with them. Maybe Saturday when I go down I can have them drop it in as opposed to my other guy and we can do some before/after pulls. We still dont have any before/after dynos for the ASP pulley and I'd love to see a baseline pull on my car. Are you in LA/Cali?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:06 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
I want to do a pre/post but I don't know of any dyno's here in the LA area. Eurorev says they have one but I think they only let you use it if you do the install with them. Maybe Saturday when I go down I can have them drop it in as opposed to my other guy and we can do some before/after pulls. We still dont have any before/after dynos for the ASP pulley and I'd love to see a baseline pull on my car. Are you in LA/Cali?
Sorry no - I'm in the Boston area (couldn't be further away eh?)...although I'm in San Diego on Tuesday...or as they say "close but still no cigar..."
Old 11-16-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Is evosport the only company that makes underdrive pulleys? How much additional horsepower/torque can be expected with this upgrade? Is it worth it? I have the upgrade bug again.....
i've heard of one other company that makes underdrive pulleys and for the life of my i can't remember their name.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
If I had the special tool to hold the pulley in place while undoing / tightenting the centre nut then I would do it myself... also to do this right (i.e. without a whole bunch of swearing, bruised and cut knuckles and a pint of sweat excreted over a loooong time) you need a car lift... my biggest fear is that the centre bolt snaps off ... while tightening / losening
Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by stevebez
If I had the special tool to hold the pulley in place while undoing / tightenting the centre nut then I would do it myself... also to do this right (i.e. without a whole bunch of swearing, bruised and cut knuckles and a pint of sweat excreted over a loooong time) you need a car lift... my biggest fear is that the centre bolt snaps off ... while tightening / losening
I hear ya. Im taking it to my shop.