Sponsored by:

Anyone know of any aftermarket products for a rear camera/sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 911 Turbo
Anyone know of any aftermarket products for a rear camera/sensor

Few post back mentioned we picked up a used '05 wagon vs. the audi a6 avant (wife's initial choice, but she's was convinced with the E55 after the test drive ) My wife enjoys her new E55 Wagon with the only exception that she misses the rear parking sensors on the old SUV.

Thought I look into this for her. I saw that there's aftermarket sensors and I'm gonna ask the SA soon when I bring the car in to have it checked out, but anyone have any advice on products in either a rear camera or sensor... Ideally we want a as clean a install as possible. a rear camera would be ideal, but sensors are fine too.

Also looking into a auto latch open/closer for her too, but this should be easier to order.

thanks in advance. btw, feels great to be part of the mbworld community. one of the best boards I used to frequent in terms of it's friendly and knowledgable members and glad to be back..
Old 01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Parktronic (sensor driven) is available as an add on accessory from MB. Also, many aftermarket companies offer rear view cameras. They cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand, depending on how stealth you want them to look.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:20 PM

2016 S550
I added an aftermarket sensor package to my E63 through my dealer (EuroMotorcars in Bethesda, MD) and although it does what I wanted, the sensitivity is too great as it begins chirping at 6' and goes to a steady tone at 3' with no adjustability for either tone or sensitivity. I would suggest finding an alternative aftermarket mod other than that which seems to be offered by MB.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Since you're in Bay Area, you can probably email Steve to get the OEM Parktronic installed in your car. Also, it is possible to get the Euro COMAND with TV Tuner and have a back up camera hook up to your COMAND screen.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM

Mercedes-Benz
Congrats on the purchase! PM sent.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:34 AM

'01 911 Turbo
Thanks everyone for the response. It's good to have options

AintMe, PM responded, it's me

Kev, which dealer is Steve from. Mostly looking for a basic beep, beep thing that my wife is use to from the Volvo.... if it's me, I'll rely on looking over my shoulder Although if she hears about the Euro command and TV option it might be something she'll prefer... if the price is reasonable... any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 AM

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by vspt
Thanks everyone for the response. It's good to have options

AintMe, PM responded, it's me

Kev, which dealer is Steve from. Mostly looking for a basic beep, beep thing that my wife is use to from the Volvo.... if it's me, I'll rely on looking over my shoulder Although if she hears about the Euro command and TV option it might be something she'll prefer... if the price is reasonable... any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Steve makes trips to the Bay Area several times a year. He is fairly local to us (San Carlos) when he is in town. www.mbenznl.com. Replied to your PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Like aintME said, email steve@mbenznl.com. A friend of his might be able to do the installs for you instead of waiting for Steve to come over from Europe