****Supercar Shootout on US Soil!!!!****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
****Supercar Shootout on US Soil!!!!****

In response to the numerous videos we get from the M5 board, i have suggested that they arrange a similar event here in the US. All those that would like to attend a high speed airfield type of event please show your support here. Lets keep this civil and professional, with no trash talking so we can make it happen and all enthusiasts can enjoy. Here is the start thread on the M5 board, FYI I post as DrivenAgain on M5 Boardhttp://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98906

Last edited by JAYCL600; 06-22-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Usa

Sounds good.

Sebring was an airport, as I remember back straight was over a mile.

http://www.sebringraceway.com/

Last edited by Yacht Master; 06-22-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
I thought we were going to host this at MIR sometime in September or October.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by SleeperX
this will be separate from that, this will be an airfiled high speed type of event similar to what they do in Europe.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban

A more realistic venue would be Goliad, TX for standing mile races. I'm pretty sure they have a "street" class that doesn't require a lot of safety equipment.

I doubt you'd find anywhere in the US that would allow any idiot with a fast car to run. All it takes is one accident and the organizers would be royally ****ed.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Sorry sleeper unfortunately the 1/4 mile doesn't cut it for the M5's they need a 10 mile strip to prove "Gearing"..
Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM

997C2S
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Sorry sleeper unfortunately the 1/4 mile doesn't cut it for the M5's they need a 10 mile strip to prove "Gearing"..
You are absolutely right.

I doubt the M-Power guys would accept the AMG challenge at a good old fashion dragstrip, since they know their NA/gearing advantages will not come into play until over 100 MPH.

However, the quarter mile is a much more real world venue than racing on a closed airfield at ultra high speeds. Seriously, how often do you race your car from 60 to 180 MPH on the Interstate on a daily basis? However, a stoplight drag is probably 10x more likely and realistic to occur.

Gustav would wet his pants if his M-Car contingent had to compete in such a venue.

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I agree. Honestly, I think we should let them film their own videos and we can fill our own. How about this?

SLR vs. SL65
E63 vs CLS63
E55 vs. CLS55
E55 vs. SL55
Kleemann vs. Renntech vs. Evosport
Etc.

We can have heads up matches for modded cars as well as stock cars.
Maybe if we have tuner heads up matches we can get them to help sponsor the event. (for example, car carrier costs)
Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I agree. Honestly, I think we should let them film their own videos and we can fill our own. How about this?

SLR vs. SL65
E63 vs CLS63
E55 vs. CLS55
E55 vs. SL55
Etc.

Maybe if we have tuner heads up matches we can get them to help sponsor the event. (for example, car carrier costs)
yes this is a great idea. even if there is no sponcership i realy still wanna come. i will be reppin the EVOtech
Old 06-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
15 S550 Daily 96 Dodge Viper GTS
Cool

I'm in. I also have a Viper, I would love to do some more 200 mph runs.
How about the SilverState race in NV. They have all kinds of classes and they race the clock not side by side. Might be a other suggestion.

Robert
Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by WayneE
A more realistic venue would be Goliad, TX for standing mile races. I'm pretty sure they have a "street" class that doesn't require a lot of safety equipment.

I doubt you'd find anywhere in the US that would allow any idiot with a fast car to run. All it takes is one accident and the organizers would be royally ****ed.
There is a facility in Maxton, NC run by these guys:

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

You'd be limited to under 125 mph, until you qualify for a higher category license.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:37 PM

SLR vs. SL65
E63 vs CLS63
E55 vs. CLS55
E55 vs. SL55
Etc.

SleeperX hi
I would like to participate in any event that you set up but please don't just restrict it to MB's only
I can bring along an assortment oif friends as you well know.
-GT2, M6,M5,Lingenfelter 625Hp Z06 and GSXR-750

I for one would be thrilled if the MB Board organized a major video event.
I know a way to get around the venue and still film at high triple digit speeds. All we need is enough people who are willing to attend.

- It would have to be done by PM
- The venue would have to be kept guarded
- None of the participants would be able to discuss the event until after the vids have been posted
-It would have to be faster than a quarter mile. I for one have had many races above the quarter mile and I know you have aswell SleeperX

Trust me I know how to set these things up and we have all the necessary equipment. All we would need are a few representatives form this board like yourself and we're on.

-We could set this thing up in early fall or end of summer

Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
I vote for El Toro airbase

I'm sure we can get EVERY kind of exotic in Orange County.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
I'm in

add me to the list.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 PM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by NGS_E55
I'm sure we can get EVERY kind of exotic in Orange County.
A bit off topic but damn, your right. I was out there a few weeks ago and I was surprised how many high school kids were rolling around in lambos and P-cars....amazing.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Jay,

I have been looking into this for a long time and honestly the scariest part is the legal aspect. It's best to go with an area/facility that is built for this event and has the proper setup in place instead of just finding some airfield to run on. This place in North Carolina would be great for us closer to the East Coast - it was already mentioned in this thread.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=2

It's almost 2 miles long, which gives you about a nice standing mile to either from a dig or move it forward and you can do roll-ons too. There's places to stay in the area and NC is not too bad for anyone from Chicago, NYC, Florida, or even eastern Texas (houston, etc). The Cali boys would be out of luck but honestly there are only a handful of places that will have the setup to really cater to an event like this, and no matter what people are going to have to drive one way or another.

Drop me an email. This event would take a bit of work to setup but I think I could definitely help you out.

-m
Old 06-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Utah... Bonneville Salt Flats? Runs from 0-200mph. And all speeds in between. Then everyone can be happy.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies
Utah... Bonneville Salt Flats? Runs from 0-200mph. And all speeds in between. Then everyone can be happy.
Here's your safety equipment list to run at Bonneville:

http://www.saltflats.com/Forms/Car%2...ion%20Form.pdf

Looks like you can forget a 200mph pass in your street car:

http://www.saltflats.com/I30%20Club.html

Last edited by Chappy; 06-22-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:37 PM

04 E55
They used to run at Muroc dry lake bed out here in Cali too. There were even "street-car" days where you only needed minimal safety equiptment. I haven't ever looked into it, since it's not really my thing, but if something gets going on this half of the country, I'd be down.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Jidex,

You and your friends would be more than welcome to come. This event would not be a MB only event. I would like to get sponsorship for this event however from tuners and maybe even MB or BMW. The biggest problem would be finding a legal place to film this. I think Marcus Frost highlighted an interesting place for us to look into.

Hopefully, we will be able to rent out MIR in Maryland which is a 1/4 mile track. You are your friends are welcome to come to this event as well. I am sure there will be more than just MBs there.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:33 AM
dsc

2004 E55
1/4 mile is too short to have some real fun. The cars should be able to hit their top speed. Otherwise what would be so impressive about the event?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM

I have looked into this far and wide, and it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to do this sort of event anywhere other than on Saturday Sept 15 At the Silverstate Event. The Silverstate event which most people are familiar with happens on SUn the 16th, which has different classes and speedlimits depending on safety equipment allowing you to travel over 90miles of highway at your qualified speed. This is not the event you want.

The event you want to do, which is also what we will be doing is called THE HIGH NOON SHOOTOUT. It is a timed 0 to mile run, with timing increments at 1/2 mile and the mile. The only safety equipment required is that your tires be no more than 2 years old, and everything is in proper working order. they block of 1.9 miles of road in Nevada for this.

In speaking with them, they told me if we get enough people for this event, they will start it at 10am, instead of noon, and everyone is gaurenteed 3 runs, last year everyone got 5. Cost is $200.

email me at allanlambo@***.net if interested or PM me.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Jidex,

You and your friends would be more than welcome to come. This event would not be a MB only event. I would like to get sponsorship for this event however from tuners and maybe even MB or BMW. The biggest problem would be finding a legal place to film this. I think Marcus Frost highlighted an interesting place for us to look into.

Hopefully, we will be able to rent out MIR in Maryland which is a 1/4 mile track. You are your friends are welcome to come to this event as well. I am sure there will be more than just MBs there.
Guys,I have a friend who's very close with Eddie Krawiec.
Eddie's the general manager at Englishtown in NJ.
We rent the track at least once every month with out dragbikes,turns out to be around $100 per person.I can speak to him&find out about a track rental for the cars.
However,it's always 1 lane and not two.From what Eddie told me the insurance company deems it an "event" if both lanes are used&the cost increases 10 fold.We do use both lanes if we have a money race,but thats about it.
Maybe Atco Raceway down in South Jersey is a bit more lenient,and the air is much better there.It's probably one if the fastest tracks in the country.

I've been to Maxton&I'm a member of the ECTA.I'm heading back in October.The lines are ridiculously long,and I'm not sure if they would rent it out for private use.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Chappy
There is a facility in Maxton, NC run by these guys:

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

You'd be limited to under 125 mph, until you qualify for a higher category license.

I excluded Maxton because of rules and regs. You'll need a bar, fire supression system, external cutoff, nomex head to toe (/20 in a blown car!), harnesses, arm restraints, blah, blah. A 6pt bar and all that will get you to 175mph and if you ask, they'll allow you to run 184.999mph. Anything more than that and you need a FULL cage and even more safety equipment (ever seen an E55 with a parachute?).

Goliad, TX actually has a "street" class that allows cars to run without a lot of safety equipment. Much better for AMGs and Ms, since most of them are not going to have fire systems, etc.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Dont worry about that, I have it under control. We just need to pick a date and its done.

Apparently I was banned from m5board for a few days for laughing at AllenLambo's comment about Gustav and the other guy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ****Supercar Shootout on US Soil!!!!****