Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
I'll have her dynoed next week
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Somehow I get a feeling you guys are holding out on us... Come on, someone please post if this really helps. I am itching to see some results.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Viper/Z06/E55/GT500
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 "no offence, but you want us to do something your to scared to do?"

Be carefull of what you ask or you will be branded "to" scared to do it yourslef

Jason
Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Car is going to dyno wednesday morning.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 PM

Viper/Z06/E55/GT500
Thanks VENOM-AMG,

Have you done any Dyno runs before the new tensioner set-up?

Jason
Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Yea. I did a baseline before I started modding. I'll post as soon as I'm done.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 AM

2016 S550 designo Magno Cashmere White (Matte Finish)
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
no offence, but you want us to do something your to scared to do?
Its not something that some of us are afraid to do... It's just that we want to know if it works correctly just like every other product on here that we all post. I think at least 90% of us here on the board has looked into the mods we did BEFORE we did them so this is just another mod that we are looking in to. I know I did when I bought his 80mm TB I also know I did my research when I decided to go Renntech. So what he is asking is not in any way shape or form out of the ordinary plus I am sure there are MANY of us including me that would like to know also ! Try and put a post of a new product and see if nobody asks you about it.

P.S. Oh yeah I got a new mod for my engine but I can't tell you about it you just have to buy it and see for yourself
Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by Cosm
Its not something that some of us are afraid to do... It's just that we want to know if it works correctly just like every other product on here that we all post. I think at least 90% of us here on the board has looked into the mods we did BEFORE we did them so this is just another mod that we are looking in to. I know I did when I bought his 80mm TB I also know I did my research when I decided to go Renntech. So what he is asking is not in any way shape or form out of the ordinary plus I am sure there are MANY of us including me that would like to know also ! Try and put a post of a new product and see if nobody asks you about it.

P.S. Oh yeah I got a new mod for my engine but I can't tell you about it you just have to buy it and see for yourself

Well, to be fair, Rocket is making a slightly different point.

No one questions your right to refuse to buy any performance kit until you get the information you want. But that's between you and the seller of the kit.

It's another thing altogether to ask other people who purchased the kit to take their time and spend their money to dyno their car so that you can have better information for your purchase decision.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by jmf003
Well, to be fair, Rocket is making a slightly different point.

No one questions your right to refuse to buy any performance kit until you get the information you want. But that's between you and the seller of the kit.

It's another thing altogether to ask other people who purchased the kit to take their time and spend their money to dyno their car so that you can have better information for your purchase decision.
thank you bro that is exactly what i meant! also the first thing i said was no offence, just in case i misunderstood him or something. but he keeps makin these lil smart *** comments that there is no way in hell he would do if he was in front of me. id bet my life on that.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
oh yea also my car is probably at the dyno as i type so info will be here today or tonight. but im not gonna post it. instead im gonna PM everyone in this thread but 2. lol. just meesing around.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 PM

Viper/Z06/E55/GT500
In my defense, I did not want people to go out and spend money at the Dyno. I have spent thousands at Dynos w/my cars in the past.

I just figured with all the kits sold, and the purpose of the kit, that Dyno results of the kits performance would naturally follow and I wanted to know the results, but whatever...
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Rocket......

Got my Belt Wrap Kit in the mail yesterday. Did a DYNO last Friday so......... Make sure I am on your list of people you notify........ Glad to see things are a little more civil on this thread.....

Roland
Old 07-31-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Rocket......

Got my Belt Wrap Kit in the mail yesterday. Did a DYNO last Friday so......... Make sure I am on your list of people you notify........ Glad to see things are a little more civil on this thread.....

Roland
lol bro i was just messin around im gonna post the dyno results.
any problems with your install? what pully are you using?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:24 PM

lol bro i was just messin around im gonna post the dyno results.
any problems with your install? what pully are you using?
Hey Brotha Rocket,

Stock Pully for now...........I am waiting to install the following at the same time.....

1) VRUS 80 mm TB (Arrived Yesterday)
2) VRP Belt Wrap Kit (Arrived yesterday)
3) EVO Shorty Headers (STILL WAITING, maybe tomorrow)

Phase II:
Somebody's Pully......looking for recommendations.........
IC...........Maybe an SLR IC system LOL
ECU

Phase III
Quaife LSD............

Roland

Last edited by higginsbeach; 07-31-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Hey Brotha Rocket,

Stock Pully for now...........I am waiting to install the following at the same time.....

3) EVO Shory Headers (STILL WAITING, maybe tomorrow)

Phase II:
ECU

Phase III
Quaife LSD............

Roland
thats a nice list of mods you got goin i love the 80mm TB as far as pullys and ecu i would suggest callin adam at euroelites for evotech pully and ecu. not alot of people know about evotech but they are the ones who make renntech.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Hey Brotha Rocket,

3) EVO Shorty Headers (STILL WAITING, maybe tomorrow)

Phase II:
ECU

Phase III
Quaife LSD............

Roland

I'm on the same track you are. I pulled out my supercharger yesterday and it's sitting on my garage floor. I've got the VRP 80mm, belt wrap kit, and phenolic spacers ready to install. I wanted to DIY the whole thing to familiarize myself with engine better. Good luck on your install.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BrianS
I'm on the same track you are. I pulled out my supercharger yesterday and it's sitting on my garage floor. I've got the VRP 80mm, belt wrap kit, and phenolic spacers ready to install. I wanted to DIY the whole thing to familiarize myself with engine better. Good luck on your install.
Very cool Brian,

Wish I could install myself but that ain't going to happen. That is cool that we have the exact same mods to install at the same time........I have the spacers also since Victor sells it as one package.............

Have you done a pre dyno to get HP gains documented......Keep me posted.

Are you planning on any headers in the near future??

Roland
Old 07-31-2007, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
badd news belt poped off durring a normal drive. no dyno untill we find out why the belt came off.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Very cool Brian,

Wish I could install myself but that ain't going to happen. That is cool that we have the exact same mods to install at the same time........I have the spacers also since Victor sells it as one package.............

Have you done a pre dyno to get HP gains documented......Keep me posted.

Are you planning on any headers in the near future??

Roland
Yes, I'm definitely getting headers, upgrading the cooling, pulley, then ECU, then ???, cams??. Quaife is on the list too. I installed one in my last car and it worked very well.

I've got an AutoTap logger/CEL reader so that will help with some diagnostics but I didn't get a stock dyno run done. I intended and really wanted to but a funny thing happened the other day. The box of goodies was sitting on my garage all layed out and ready to install then all of a sudden I was gripped with Xmas morning syndrome, blacked out, and the next thing I know I was maniacally laughing, standing there with air ratchet engaged, grease on hands, and the supercharger was sitting on the floor next to the car. All I saw was what's in the attached pic. Not sure what happened but my plan was shot to hell.

The other pic is of the intake runner right next to where the fuel injector sits. You can see the coating of oil, some of which surely gets sprayed past the valves as part of the intake charge. I ordered a catch can today.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Hey Michael... Sorry to hear about the troubles.. If the belt is riding off the pulley, then the 2 piece idler assembly that was removed and put back on is misaligned.

This is the only part where the S/C belt makes contact that is modified during installation. If the spacing is not perfect, it will cause the belt to ride off.

In the first Photo below, Item #3 and Item #10 (the 2 aluminum machined spacers that are supplied) have to be put on in the correct place.

The second photo illustrates which spacer goes in which location. Item #3 and Item #10 in each photo match up.

Make sure the installer put these in the correct spot.

badd news belt poped off durring a normal drive. no dyno untill we find out why the belt came off.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
Hey Michael... Sorry to hear about the troubles.. If the belt is riding off the pulley, then the 2 piece idler assembly that was removed and put back on is misaligned.

This is the only part where the S/C belt makes contact that is modified during installation. If the spacing is not perfect, it will cause the belt to ride off.

In the first Photo below, Item #3 and Item #10 (the 2 aluminum machined spacers that are supplied) have to be put on in the correct place.

The second photo illustrates which spacer goes in which location. Item #3 and Item #10 in each photo match up.

Make sure the installer put these in the correct spot.

well thats good news, i guess we know why the belt came off. my guess is dyno tomorrow then.
does adam or tony know about this vic?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I talked to Adam on the phone and mentioned to check the alignment of the 2 piece idler assembly.

The other thing to check is with the car idling, look at the belt as it moves around and see if it is moving in a straight path and is not wiggling back and forth.. Its possible that during shipment, the pre-assembled 100mm pulley assembly came loose. Just double check that assembly.

Adam can call me tomorrow when he goes over it and we'll figure out what is happening.

well thats good news, i guess we know why the belt came off. my guess is dyno tomorrow then.
does adam or tony know about this vic?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Still no dyno results... ot good...I thought by the time I come back therer wold number os dyno reuslts and many happy owners...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 AM

Hey Brian,

Did you read what Victor and Rocket have mentioned regarding the Kit.....Just want to make sure the same doesnt happen to you my man. I will also make sure my MB guy reads it also......

Keep in touch...

Roland
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Can we get the installation instructions? Are they posted somewhere I missed? I'm going to have the kit installed by a mechanic and if there are problems like the belt slipping off I'll have to bring it back and be charged additional to fix it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***