W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dont let your dumb ass wife drive your car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junk
dont let your dumb *** wife drive your car...

310 miles on an o8 e63 and drove over a curb and trashed the lower middle black mesh screen and phuching gouged the lower bumper...

her dumb *** response... "well if i worked i could pay for the repair"

un f ing believable.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM

'03 E55
We may have just stumbled upon my wife's long-lost sister.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Damn dude, it's just a car. It sucks, but isn't your wife more important than some plastic that can be easily replaced? My wife has ****ed up many of our cars over the nearly 17yrs we've been together. Big deal - I'd burn the car to the ground before I called my wife a dumbass.

FWIW, I hit a deer in my E55 back in Nov (I did get the satisfaction of putting a 9mm behind the deer's ear - don't think that will work for you ). Those front end pieces are pretty cheap. I think the entire bumper, painted, was like $1200.

Relax, have a drink, kiss your wife and get the car fixed. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
I don't mind to let her drive my car....
Attached Thumbnails dont let your dumb ass wife drive your car...-cimg0109.jpg  
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
That sucks man. I had a similar instance when my GF damaged something of mine (not my car, she doesn't drive that). Her response, "I will buy you a new one" -- translated = I will give you some of my dads money. My response - You should be more carefull because that solution won't always be an option.

This could become a long thread if everyone starts posting stories.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I agree with WayneE

**** happens man.

Relax, it's just a car. I've gone through similar experiences with my wife before.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....92&postcount=7
Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 AM

E63 amg 2007
i say beet the **** out of her
just playing dont let her drive the car any more
its made for a man to drive !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Most people think I love my car more than my wife. The truth is I love my wife infinitely more than that sheet metal. The car is replaceable, people aren't.

I do not swear at my wife, I do swear at my car. I would never disrespect my wife and especially not in public, I have said to people in public " this piece of sh-t isn't running right. And of coarse finally, a car in bed (even an E55) doesn't make a good companion!

Last edited by dsc; 07-24-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM

junk
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
I agree with WayneE

**** happens man.

Relax, it's just a car. I've gone through similar experiences with my wife before.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....92&postcount=7

i hear ya. but she couldnt care less about what i type. were sailor talkers anyway. and the response was 10x's worse than the accident. just venting
Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Well, ya gotta understand the differences between men and women. When a woman sees an AMG, she sees a chunk of metal on wheels. When a man sees an AMG, he sees wife #2.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by dc63er
i hear ya. but she couldnt care less about what i type. were sailor talkers anyway. and the response was 10x's worse than the accident. just venting

I'm with ya man, trust me when she told me what she had done i was pissed off also. This is a good place to vent!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by newton22
Well, ya gotta understand the differences between men and women. When a woman sees an AMG, she sees a chunk of metal on wheels. When a man sees an AMG, he sees wife #2.

True, but wife #2 isn't going to crawl under the covers and...........
Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Wow, man, calling your wife a dumbass on the forum is a bit harsh. My father and I never really saw eye to eye on anything in life but there was one thing I learned from him which was very valuable. Material possessions are easily replaceable and you shouldn't even get upset over them. I'll never forget, I was 16 and he'd just bought a new used truck. I was backing it out of the driveway and ran the back into a metal gaurd and broke the taillight and bent the bumper. My heart sank thinking he's going to be mad cause he watched the whole thing happen. I got out ready for punishment, he put his hand on my head and laughed saying: "Don't worry about it, it's only a truck". I learned on the spot.

Anyway, I'd go to her and apologize for being such a dick then ask the mods to remove this post lest she ever see it she won't take half your 63 to spite you.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by WayneE
FWIW, I hit a deer in my E55 back in Nov (I did get the satisfaction of putting a 9mm behind the deer's ear - don't think that will work for you )
It's pretty disturbing that you enjoyed that
Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Wow, man, calling your wife a dumbass on the forum is a bit harsh. My father and I never really saw eye to eye on anything in life but there was one thing I learned from him which was very valuable. Material possessions are easily replaceable and you shouldn't even get upset over them. I'll never forget, I was 16 and he'd just bought a new used truck. I was backing it out of the driveway and ran the back into a metal gaurd and broke the taillight and bent the bumper. My heart sank thinking he's going to be mad cause he watched the whole thing happen. I got out ready for punishment, he put his hand on my head and laughed saying: "Don't worry about it, it's only a truck". I learned on the spot.

Anyway, I'd go to her and apologize for being such a dick then ask the mods to remove this post lest she ever see it she won't take half your 63 to spite you.
+1
Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
I've had many incidents like that happen with vehicles&my wife.She has a MBA,has a IQ thats very high,but yet she has no common sense&is an accident waiting to happen.I love her with all my heart,but yeah,sometimes she's a dumbass.I tell her sometimes she'd fu**k up a rock fight.
All i ask of her is to treat the $100,000 vehicle with respesct&extra caution.

So yeah,I would prefer if you parked it ALLL THE WAAY over there instead of right in front of the store so the inconsiderate ******* doesn't open his car door into ours,again.

-I'd appreciate it if you didn't park so close to the curb nextime to avoid the curb rash as there is only 1 wheel left out of 4 that aren't rashed up.

-I'd like it if you were able to pull into the 9' wide garage with the 6' wide car & not hit the abrasive cement wall on the way in with the expensive mirror.And then open the door into the wall so you can get out&survey the damage.

-I'd prefer it if you were more careful with your carmel swirl latte on the way to work so you don't spill it down the side of the console&onto the carpeting,and were too lazy to clean it or tell me so that I could.

-If it's not too much to ask of you,next time don't put the 2 aluminum trays of cupcakes your taking to the school for the kids party on the trunk deck because the scratches were impossible to get out.

-(my favorite)And last but not least,next time you back up our 700' driveway in reverse to show off please remember that your cousin has his dump truck&excavator trailor parked at the top so you don't drive up onto the ramps of the trailer and manage to get the $106,000 Porsche 997 stuck&hanging off the side of trailer bed because the car is now dangling off the side on it's frame because you didn't see it

I have many more horror stories of this nature,so dc63er I feel your pain

Last edited by oldgixxer; 07-24-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
I've had many incidents like that happen with vehicles&my wife.She has a MBA,has a IQ thats very high,but yet she has no common sense&is an accident waiting to happen.I love her with all my heart,but yeah,sometimes she's a dumbass.I tell her sometimes she'd fu**k up a rock fight.

So yeah,I would prefer if you parked it ALLL THE WAAY over there instead of right in front of the store so the inconsiderate ******* doesn't open his car door into ours,again.

-I'd appreciate it if you didn't park so close to the curb nextime to avoid the curb rash as there is only 1 wheel left out of 4 that aren't rashed up.

-I'd like it if you were able to pull into the 9' wide garage with the 6' wide car & not hit the abrasive cement wall on the way in with the expensive mirror.And then open the door into the wall so you can get out&survey the damage.

-I'd prefer it if you were more careful with your carmel swirl latte on the way to work so you don't spill it down the side of the console&onto the carpeting,and were too lazy to clean it or tell me so that I could.

-If it's not too much to ask of you,next time don't put the 2 aluminum trays of cupcakes your taking to the school for the kids party on the trunk deck because the scratches were impossible to get out.

-(my favorite)And last but not least,next time you back up our 700' driveway in reverse to show off please remember that your cousin has his dump truck&excavator trailor parked at the top so you don't drive up onto the ramps of the trailer and manage to get the $106,000 Porsche 997 stuck&hanging off the side of trailer bed because the car is now dangling off the side on it's frame because you didn't see it

Ha ha, sorry to laugh but that was funny.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG/ 911 GT2/ 911 GT3
Sometimes I truly think Saudi Arabia has it right by not letting women drive. Maybe it's worth getting the wife a driver.

The bad news if you're married is that divorce is expensive. Prenuptial agreements are a great mitigating factor, however.

If you aren't married, women are just as easy to replace as cars, if not easier. Unfortunately, they are all a pain in the ***.

I have no qualms about calling my gf a dumbass when she does something stupid because god knows what she would call me if I damaged her Christian Louboutin shoe or her Hermes/Chanel/Dior handbag!!!

Maybe every time she f's up your car, you should accidentally trash her favorite handbag and see how she feels. Sometimes people are oblivious simply because when they don't pay for things themselves, they take them for granted.

And always buy her her own car to trash, like an E350 or something inexpensive. Preferably with her own insurance policy.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:58 PM

'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
You have my permission to vent. Its one thing if it was an unavoidable accident, but I think its different if your wife shows no respect for your possessions.

I have an old 3 series I've owned since college, she doesn’t particularly care for. It’s covered in the scratches and door dings she has inflicted. She slams the door so hard the door speakers have popped out. Maybe it’s not intentional, but indicates a general lack of respect.

I admire you guys who are respectful to your wives and they reciprocate. You are truly lucky. But there are women out there whose "give a dam" is busted
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
Ha ha, sorry to laugh but that was funny.
No problemo man,all I can do is shake my head at this point.You have NO idea how difficult it is keeping my calm when the inevitable happens.
Example#1098,I had the E55 since it rolled off the delivery truck.She only drove it when I was in the car.The VERY FIRST time she took it by herself(w/out my knowledge mind you) she managed to get a chip in the windshield(how many times have I asked you NOT too follow dump trucks down the freeway dear?)&scratch the underside of the front spoiler chin pulling into a steeply raked driveway.I managed 8k miles w/out any damage,she drove it 43.7 miles before she took it's cherry...It's only a matter of time before the next incident
Old 07-24-2007, 02:03 PM

07 BMW X5
Don't worry about it, you were venting and god only knows we all need to do that from time to time. I am sure you prefer her not to drive your car but what kind of husband would you be if you denied her. Tell you the truth my wife never drivers or has asked to drive my car, matter of fact I asked her and she was not at all interested. From what I see on this forum most if not all of us are guys so don't worry about what people say.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 PM

junk

know why she was driving my car? because she hit the right front bumper of her suv 3 times in the same spot and once on the left side. so i took it off bought a new one, PAINTED AND CLEARED it myself (self taught).
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM

2017 Charger Hellcat

No offense but that is some good reading right there. You should write a book on all the mishaps that you have had (well your wife actually) and I think you would have a best seller on your hands
Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 305-E55
No offense but that is some good reading right there. You should write a book on all the mishaps that you have had (well your wife actually) and I think you would have a best seller on your hands
Before we built our current house,my wife helped me renovate the 100yr old house that I owned prior to us getting married.Now that was a complete disaster!That deserves it's own thread though
Old 07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by dc63er
I know you need to vent but really its your fault, WTF was she roll'n your baby in the first place!!! you shoulda known better be madd at yourself and learn from your mistakes. The only time mine gets to drive the beast is when i've been drinking. I will rent a car before i loan her mine, but she has 2 handy caps shes Asian and a woman!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dont let your dumb ass wife drive your car...