W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Evosport EVO3 NOS system is friggin AWESOME!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
The Evosport EVO3 NOS system is friggin AWESOME!!

Had a nice talk with Dale at EVO today and it's quite a work of art.

System is really integrated with the ECU so that it will not activate unless conditions are perfect and will shut down if it detects detonation etc.

Asked him about the reservoir in the back and told him I like the intercooler res. His reply, "Ehhhh, that's a tank for race gas that we use with to mix with the NOS." DOH!!

Friggin sweet but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Have to call them for pricing.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
where do you enter the date for time travel?

seriously, exactly what do they mean by "integrated it with the ecu"??? what car is that on and have they actually done a w211 e55 yet?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You name it i've had it or got it...
Originally Posted by chiromikey

seriously, exactly what do they mean by "integrated it with the ecu"??? what car is that on and have they actually done a w211 e55 yet?
come on...are you serous??? everyone knows you need to add the platonium crystals in with it for time travel!! lol.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
come on...are you serous??? everyone knows you need to add the platonium crystals in with it for time travel!! lol.
yeah i know...aren't they in that chrome tube?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
yeah i know...aren't they in that chrome tube?
i don't know...i can't see through chrome tubing like you can

you aren't thinking of going nitrous are you? i will give you a head start if that is what you are worried about...
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

We use several progressive controllers that read a number of parameters such as A/F, throttle position, RPM, traction engagement. All these are taken into consideration to determine if the system fires and how much it fires. For example, you don't want 100% spray off the line when you generate considerable wheelspin, so we can control the progressive spray from launch and adjust it as the car reaches grip.

This is on an SL55. Here's the link to to that post. Car makes 730HP and 802 TQ: https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-sl63-amg-sl65-amg-r230/218290-evosport-sl55-amg-project-730hp-802-tq.html

Old 11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
We use several progressive controllers that read a number of parameters such as A/F, throttle position, RPM, traction engagement.
Can you explain this a bit more please.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Jrocket
+1
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We use several progressive controllers that read a number of parameters such as A/F, throttle position, RPM, traction engagement. All these are taken into consideration to determine if the system fires and how much it fires. For example, you don't want 100% spray off the line when you generate considerable wheelspin, so we can control the progressive spray from launch and adjust it as the car reaches grip.

This is on an SL55. Here's the link to to that post. Car makes 730HP and 802 TQ: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218290

am i understanding that you have a self governing window switch that constantly alters it's own operation based on inputs by the ecu, a wideband o2 sensor, or other data inputs?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Tucked away in the wheel liner of the car are a number of dedicated controllers. These controllers are programmed and user-configured via laptop to control how and when the system engages and how much spray is released. The parameters used to determine this can be user defined (ie, do not engage until 3,000 RPM) or the system also tracks a number of vehicle parameters coming off the ECU realtime such as AFR, TPS, RPM, etc. Such that you can define if the vehicle AFR's reaches a certain number (ie, running too lean), the system either shuts off or retards the spray amount. Or if we track wheelspin and traction control, we can adjust and create a progressive spray meter from 0-100% off the line such that there is minimal spray when the car launches (max wheelspin, traction engagement) and progressively increases as wheelspin is reduced and car gains grip. As you see, these are all safety and performance parameters we can dial in using to create an almost bulletproof NOS system for engine safety as well as one that maximizes performance by allowing for most USABLE power at any given time. These are expensive engines and a system like this allows for peace of mind. It really is idiot-proof. Once all the parameters are set, the user just engages the system via a toggle switch and lays down the throttle. Everything else is done behind the scenes. And when all conditions are ideal and met, you experience one AMAZING RIDE!

Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Tucked away in the wheel liner of the car are a number of dedicated controllers. These controllers are programmed and user-configured via laptop to control how and when the system engages and how much spray is released. The parameters used to determine this can be user defined (ie, do not engage until 3,000 RPM) or the system also tracks a number of vehicle parameters coming off the ECU realtime such as AFR, TPS, RPM, etc. Such that you can define if the vehicle AFR's reaches a certain number (ie, running too lean), the system either shuts off or retards the spray amount. Or if we track wheelspin and traction control, we can adjust and create a progressive spray meter from 0-100% off the line such that there is minimal spray when the car launches (max wheelspin, traction engagement) and progressively increases as wheelspin is reduced and car gains grip. As you see, these are all safety and performance parameters we can dial in using to create an almost bulletproof NOS system for engine safety as well as one that maximizes performance by allowing for most USABLE power at any given time. These are expensive engines and a system like this allows for peace of mind. It really is idiot-proof. Once all the parameters are set, the user just engages the system via a toggle switch and lays down the throttle. Everything else is done behind the scenes. And when all conditions are ideal and met, you experience one AMAZING RIDE!

Hope this helps.
This is a wet kit? Your tapping into the ecu to get signals to feed these controllers input?How fast can in detect detonation and wheel spin? Seems like a very complicated system.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I assume this is a wet kit thus the added fuel cell.

How many shot to achieve the dyno shown numbers?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Looks pretty sweet!!! Whats the price???
Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

Hope this helps.
wow this sound very complicated and way above my pay grade. i would also like to know the price, since you made it idiot proof.lol
Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550

This is on an SL55. Here's the link to to that post. Car makes 730HP and 802 TQ: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218290

This is obviously at the crank right? The linked thread says 600whp 659wtq.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
CLS63?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:03 AM

A slow Tahoe!

Hope this helps.

Simon - you're my new hero!!!

Will this system void my warranty??? lol
Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Will this system void my warranty???
naahhhhhhh!

actually I got lazy and just kept my system in, the dealership turned a blind eye, they didn't care. the mechanics thought it was sweet to have it in there.
Attached Thumbnails The Evosport EVO3 NOS system is friggin AWESOME!!-hpim0151.jpg   The Evosport EVO3 NOS system is friggin AWESOME!!-hpim0153.jpg   The Evosport EVO3 NOS system is friggin AWESOME!!-hpim0149b.jpg  

Last edited by BMWEATR; 11-15-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
wow this sound very complicated and way above my pay grade. i would also like to know the price, since you made it idiot proof.lol

Doesnt' sound too complicated. It's basiclly having a window switch (engaging it at whatever interval you want) Wot swich (not mechanical for obvious reasons, but maybe going of your tps) and a wideband with pre-set a/f parameters.

Great idea!!! installation looks pretty clean too. is this racetrack legal?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
naahhhhhhh!

actually I got lazy and just kept my system in, the dealership turned a blind eye, they didn't care. the mechanics thought it was sweet to have it in there.
LOL, ba$tard...I tried the same thing and got put on MB's "blacklist." Section 13 or something I think...

I even tipped my s/a and told him to make sure they don't pop the trunk (went in for headlights) and meanwhile I come back and he goes "I got some bad news..."

I still b!tched and MB is covering all my warranty work, no probs. Plus the car is leased so I could care less. Though the NOS is now removed.

This looks like a really cool setup, though besides the wheel slippage and such, it looks like a basic N20 setup with a window switch and all. I like the idea, just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And yes, I'm still a big fan of "Nawsssss" good stuff. Is this Evo setup using actual NOS parts or are they made in house? NX, ZEX, etc?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:59 PM

2003 E500
Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
You will still need to get the Flux Capacitor, which is sold separate.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
CLS63?
Of course, then when you're done you can pick up the pieces of the tranny off the road.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Beautiful job guys!!! Best setup I've seen so far!!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Wow! Like those cars ain't fast enough.