Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000 HP AMGs

Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by msheredy
F-it ditch the factory turbos and crummy manifolds. Fabricate a set of long tube headers and reinstall the rear turbo system. You might need to go with smaller turbine housings though as that is key to the remote mount turbo setups in getting them responsive.
Rear mount STS style Turbo's are horrible, I spoke @ length w/multiple tuners about adding them to my previous C6 Vette... (1) even installed them on his C6 Vette, the TURBO LAG was so ridiculous it made the drivability worthless, (He tried telling me the lag was nothing & better than front mounted systems) this was a tuners C6 mind you, let me drive it etc...The other (2) tuners mirrored my driving impressions to a "T" & recommended front mount APS system, even though they sold both.

Rear mounts by themselves = FAIL

Last edited by Thericker; 05-06-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Is your car done? I know we can more than double the boost on a built motor and make crazy hp. I will probably do pistons over the winter and take a crack at 9's next year. First goal is 10.5x @ 13x on stock block, pump gas, and no nitrous
Slow going...but still going
Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
F-it ditch the factory turbos and crummy manifolds. Fabricate a set of long tube headers and reinstall the rear turbo system. You might need to go with smaller turbine housings though as that is key to the remote mount turbo setups in getting them responsive.
no nO NONO!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I will probably do pistons over the winter and take a crack at 9's next year.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
I like rear mounted turbo's. The fact that it has lag is the best part. Those fast spool guys just blow off their tires every time. StS style turbos build up like a NA engine...steady increase. Instant boost is nice--dont get me wrong--but 600lbs/ft of torque over 200rpm will just kill tires and diffs. On 1.5L or 2 L engine...instant boost is nice; but I pesonally find instant boost overated on big engines(vettes especially!). Ricker have you driven(or own ) an aps Vette?? The torque buildup is pretty dangerous(imho)

as far as this buildup.....I tell every young guy coming up...

UNLESS---you are building it YOURSELF...it will take twice as long and cost 3 times as much as what you "conservatively expect".

its like houses....be prepared to be frustrated if you're having it 'custom made'.....

Just buy one already done or close...
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM

MB
Thericker & Project C55

Are you both serious?

No you guys are probably right. This GTO has tons of lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkIHi2FKR0

And this STS turboed GTO is clearly lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlXd2SU5pk

And this vette is definitely experiencing turbo lag. What was he thinking installing a remote mount turbo I mean my god if only he knew to both of you he could have saved himself so much money and just bought an old SL600 complete with turbos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8PznzjngE

You know what guys I'm gonna stop because I can just keep going. I did come to one conclusion though.

Thericker = dumbazz
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 AM

SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
""as far as this buildup.....I tell every young guy coming up...

UNLESS---you are building it YOURSELF...it will take twice as long and cost 3 times as much as what you "conservatively expect".

its like houses....be prepared to be frustrated if you're having it 'custom made'.....

Just buy one already done or close..""

You don't want to go there.. Trust me..

I put in WAY MORE than 3Xs my "conservative expectation".. and Twice as long would have been 6 months.. how about 6Xs as long?

And, btw, I have been involved in 2 separate custom home constructions, living in my last one right now.. So I know that game too..Both went "slightly" over the time schedule, and both went "slightly" over the cost estimate.. Both of those are because I had "project creep" and I take responsibility for the "overages"

One thing to remember, THAT'S WHY YOU GO TO "Professionals" who can estimate the cost and schedule of your project with some degree of accuracy..

I used to be an engineer back in the day, for the Army.. I used to tell customers.. There is Cost, Schedule, and Performance/Quality.. Now Pick 2..

Think about it.. If you want ON BUDGET, and ON SCHEDULE, then you'd better be willing to accept lower quality or performance..

If you want Top Quality/Performance and ON Schedule, then you'd better be willing spend the money to make that happen..

If you want On Budget, and Top Performance/Quality, then you'd better be willing to accept Schedule slippage..

I had this conversation w Vadim.. I said COST and PERFORMANCE were my 2.. so I was somewhat understanding of the schedule slippage.. up to a point.. then it just gets ridiculous..

Then, to end up, 16 months over budget on time, and over budget on cost, AND still not get the performance...THAT my friend is the makings of a ClusterF***
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thericker & Project C55

Are you both serious?

No you guys are probably right. This GTO has tons of lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkIHi2FKR0

And this STS turboed GTO is clearly lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlXd2SU5pk

And this vette is definitely experiencing turbo lag. What was he thinking installing a remote mount turbo I mean my god if only he knew to both of you he could have saved himself so much money and just bought an old SL600 complete with turbos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8PznzjngE

You know what guys I'm gonna stop because I can just keep going. I did come to one conclusion though.

I have a Bagina

No... no.... DON'T stop keep on going, ALL the way back to the SRT6 forums Beeehawtch Have you EVER driven 1 of the above models w/STS rear Turbo's? That's right answer is a big NO! All you have is a SLOW lil' bagina car & a bunch of spare time to post links from Youtube all night long...G'night Dorthy

Edit:Missed this part, so I have an old 2005 SL600 coming from a turd driving a 2005 MB hand me down parts Frankenstein CHIC-mobile You are certainly misguided an old C5 Vette w/STS, even if it was brand new cost far less than a 2005 SL600 when brand new, I have the window sticker would you like to see it? $138k fully loaded, you're a waste of space...

I found this excerpt from C&D completely sums up yourlil' car...

Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 - Road Test
Chrysler gives its Crossfire a swift kick. You may need to bring a fanny cushion.

BY AARON ROBINSON
August 2004

The blended DNA of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corporation produced its first offspring in 2003, and hairdressers rejoiced.

Last edited by Thericker; 05-07-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Thericker
No... no.... DON'T stop keep on going, ALL the way back to the SRT6 forums Beeehawtch Have you EVER driven 1 of the above models w/STS rear Turbo's? That's right answer is a big NO! All you have is a SLOW lil' bagina car & a bunch of spare time to post links from Youtube all night long...G'night Dorthy

Edit:Missed this part, so I have an old 2005 SL600 coming from a turd driving a 2005 MB hand me down parts Frankenstein CHIC-mobile You are certainly misguided an old C5 Vette w/STS, even if it was brand new cost far less than a 2005 SL600 when brand new, I have the window sticker would you like to see it? $138k fully loaded, you're a waste of space...

I found this excerpt from C&D completely sums up yourlil' car...
Wow I must have hurt your ego there. Soft skin eh? Someone grab this guy another tampon!

To answer your question, not I haven't driven an STS equipped car, but judging by your obvious lack of driving skills you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to offering advice.

Anyway I could keep going but I'm not trying to convince you to stick with the car so once again.

Thericker = dumbazz
Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Wow I must have hurt your ego there. Soft skin eh? Someone grab this guy another tampon!

To answer your question, not I haven't driven an STS equipped car, but judging by your obvious lack of driving skills you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to offering advice.

Anyway I could keep going but I'm not trying to convince you to stick with the car so once again.

Thericker = dumbazz
You gave me a great laugh thanx!! Care to test my driving skills in ur Bagina-Mobile? San Diego isn't too far, I live in Santa Barbara, halfway would be LA, pm me when you have free time from your Tampon sales counter
Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
I like rear mounted turbo's. The fact that it has lag is the best part. Those fast spool guys just blow off their tires every time. StS style turbos build up like a NA engine...steady increase. Instant boost is nice--dont get me wrong--but 600lbs/ft of torque over 200rpm will just kill tires and diffs. On 1.5L or 2 L engine...instant boost is nice; but I pesonally find instant boost overated on big engines(vettes especially!). Ricker have you driven(or own ) an aps Vette?? The torque buildup is pretty dangerous(imho)

as far as this buildup.....I tell every young guy coming up...

Just buy one already done or close...
No, but good buddy Richard, from this forum has/had C6 Corvette 434 fully built forged low compression LSX APS Twin Turbo - 1118HP/971TQ he told me it wasn't managable if driving hard wayyy too much power on such light platform... (His handle Richard023)

Last edited by Thericker; 05-07-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by New2this
Then, to end up, 16 months over budget on time, and over budget on cost, AND still not get the performance...THAT my friend is the makings of a ClusterF***
You are scaring the crap out of me! I better call him now to check on the progress.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Thericker
You gave me a great laugh thanx!!
Like wise

Care to test my driving skills in ur Bagina-Mobile?
I guess you spent all your money on your car that you can't afford a QWERTY keyboard? Grow up texting like that is for little kiddies man.

I have the window sticker would you like to see it? $138k fully loaded
So I guess there is truth to the statement, "More money then brains."

San Diego isn't too far, I live in Santa Barbara, halfway would be LA, pm me when you have free time from your Tampon sales counter
See I'd love to but you are keeping me busy at the counter!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
WOW, What the HELL is going on here? Some one is very unhappy with the shop/person that did work on his car RIGHT! Lets stay on track man...
We here need to stick together when it comes to stating when we find a shop we trust and ones we don't.. It does not do any good to hide the truth.. Now Lets get ready to RRRUUUMMMMBBBBLLLEEE.......
Old 05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Like wise

I guess you spent all your money on your car that you can't afford a QWERTY keyboard? Grow up texting like that is for little kiddies man.

So I guess there is truth to the statement, "More money then brains."

See I'd love to but you are keeping me busy at the counter!
Not to pick sides, but you cannot seriously pick on someone's texting/spelling with grammar such as yours.

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
WOW, What the HELL is going on here? Some one is very unhappy with the shop/person that did work on his car RIGHT! Lets stay on track man...
We here need to stick together when it comes to stating when we find a shop we trust and ones we don't.. It does not do any good to hide the truth.. Now Lets get ready to RRRUUUMMMMBBBBLLLEEE.......
I agree with this.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Like wise
Dude, when your argument breaks down in to a semantic debate or how someone spells, you have lost.

I would not have the patience for one of these projects, you guys are better people than I am.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Timeless
Not to pick sides, but you cannot seriously pick on someone's texting/spelling with grammar such as yours.
Really? And what is wrong with my "texting/spelling" grammar?

Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Dude, when your argument breaks down in to a semantic debate or how someone spells...
Wow there is some seriously soft skin here. Jeeez, can't a guy razz someone around here? It's like walking on freakin' egg shells.

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I agree, I offered my suggestion and was immediately targeted so I went on the defense like anyone else would. Just holding my ground that's all. I'll be adult and end the B.S. on my part now.

Last edited by msheredy; 05-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM

2004 E55
Since we're nitpicking now, your insult of "more money then brains" should be "more money THAN brains." Thanks for reading.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Bisco
Since we're nitpicking now, your insult of "more money then brains" should be "more money THAN brains." Thanks for reading.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Again, I was not trying to pick sides. However, if you look at the sentences in question, you will see a dramatic lack of commas and periods. Someone else pointed out your other error already.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
iam so sorry to hear that this 1000hp AMG Project is put to a sleep after this long time.

bu66er
Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by weneakhborz
iam so sorry to hear that this 1000hp AMG Project is put to a sleep after this long time.

bu66er
Yes.... so many people were hoping to see a 1000 hp AMG but I guess it won't happen this time around (at least not with this project). Maybe in the future someone will tackle this idea again
Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
I really can't believe that it's not possible, if you do cams, full headwork, a good ecu tune, some big injectors, a full intake, full exhaust (turboback), a good intercooler, and other small things, wouldn't it be possible? For god's sake, with an ECU tune alone, these things are good for almost 700 hp. Also, wouldn't there be more room for turbos with a new set of headers that allow low-mount turbos? I know it's extensive but isn't an STS style setup too?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by weneakhborz

bu66er
Vadim might have another candidate for the 1000hp AMG only it might be a tiny C class that will break that barrier.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
I really can't believe that it's not possible, if you do cams, full headwork, a good ecu tune, some big injectors, a full intake, full exhaust (turboback), a good intercooler, and other small things, wouldn't it be possible? For god's sake, with an ECU tune alone, these things are good for almost 700 hp. Also, wouldn't there be more room for turbos with a new set of headers that allow low-mount turbos? I know it's extensive but isn't an STS style setup too?
I know...... we see the 1000 hp mark often achieved with M3s and other cars, but not so often with Mercedes

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1000 HP AMGs